Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 251
RANTPage 11 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
I just want to know which one I am. Given the options, I think I'll pick socially retarded.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 252
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 10:11:37 AM
^^^
Only renters have to ask that question...
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 253
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 10:22:41 AM
^ Oh for crying out loud. Why don't you just become a couch surfer? But it won't work if you're a social retardate - then you'll need to buy, I'm afraid :(

* Re below: Try attaching some helium balloons. (Do I have to walk you people through EVERYthing?)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 254
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 10:39:21 AM

Water, sunshine, boats, seafood and a charming male lunch companion.

What could possibly go wrong?

Isn't that what they said about the Titanic?

But having a forum like this...does two things which are extremely actuating, and even necessary, for catalyzing it to be what it needs to be if it's to be effective as a single's or dating site.

Actually, it does one additional thing.
It helps to confirm a lot of the suspicions about dating in general and the people involved that one might develop after reading the abundance of profiles on the dating side of the site, and how many grains of salt so many of the profiles should be taken with.

I have consistently found, more often than not, that the Forum person is far more likely to be the "real them" than the greatest set of pics or the most fabulously written profile would indicate.

I'll second that.

Why don't you just become a couch surfer?

I tried that once.

The couch just kept sinking into the ocean.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 255
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 10:48:38 AM

The couch just kept sinking into the ocean.

SOS SOS SOS, Icebergs sighted!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 256
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 10:59:10 AM
I'm going for the entire lot. Zing on the couch surfing.. made me laugh. Or it is my allergies, never know
I think it would be SOS sofabed sighted. My those things are misery. It's a sofa, it's a bed, it is a way to get rid of house guests quickly. BTW Futon means " go stay in a Hotel"
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 257
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 11:31:14 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^AND Air mattresses! Do they EVER stay "blown up"? LOL You wake up and your ass is on the floor/ground and your head and feet are elevated!

My those things are misery.

Grrrrrrrr!
 sealady111
Msg: 258
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 3:24:01 PM
Soggy couches and sink into air beds?
I prefer to sink into my couch and use an air mattress to float on water.
Not sink.

I have a second day in the Top 100 (Or Top 600 if you include all ages) Yay... I am soooooo popular lol.

My rant is against myself for allowing myself to get down.
Last night at an all female fund raising function (for breast cancer) there were two single ladies at my table, who spent most of the night complaining about their horrendous ex husbands. Their hatred was palpable. One said a few time she wished he was dead. How dating is horrible. And how at 5'0" they will only date men over 6 foot and asking me "What are my 'deal breakers". These two ladies were bitter and I found their attitude at times ugly.

Please if I ever become like that shoot me.
I would rather become a cat lady.
Instead I spent most of the night dancing, laughing and having great fun with my married and otherwise attached lady friends. This morning my pink face makeup is all over my pillow and my feet are sore. And I feel fabulous.

Lunch is confirmed.

And BrownEye - All suggestions welcome.
I just tried to find the link to my POF profile review for you to comment, but cannot.
You are welcome to message me privately. I have no restrictions.
This version of my profile is fairly recent and yes I have it basically the same on both sites.
Some people, like me, are on both and as this is free perhaps they can contact me here rather than having to spend money there. So the ease of location is on purpose.
Also the other site gave me as a gift for being so popular (lol) a free upgrade.

sealady111
Msg: 259
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 4:00:00 PM
Found it

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16403063.aspx

^^^ My profile review..
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 260
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 4:34:23 PM
OK, see you over there. I am just going to call it as I see it.

If it were me, I would have created an entirely new profile on RSVP, my cursory view when I found it had it sounding like it was exactly the same as the one here. This, I think, is a possible 'fatal flaw' in that if there is a man shortage (as you say) it is highly possible that men might see the duplicate profile on the paid site (the trigger is that the main pics are exactly the same) and overlook you completely. (Even on BOTH sites).

I would make 'em pay to contact you (i.e. not give them a reason to hunt you up on POF to message you for free.) Value yourself highly and they will follow suit. You can always leave a tiny breadcrumb that could lead them to this site but imho don't let it be a picture.

Do you have another profile in you? I know they are hard to create but could you do one and not re-use anything from this one at all? Really, it should be 2, as when you went to profile reviews it appeared that your best chance here was to totally reinvent yourself but you did not.

So I'll mention the rest in your review thread. Probably tomorrow sometime.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 261
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 9:13:34 PM
So this is the thread where I can rage and rant.
But no matter how I try, I've found I can't,
Find anything to rant, or even complain about....Unless instead I could...

Muster up some anger.... And then at the top of my lungs I'd shout!!

Mediocrity !!! Settles like a fog on our lives unless a occasional rant is thrown in... Pick a reason and go with it..
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 262
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 12:12:08 AM

The FINAL deciding factor should ALWAYS remain the same and that is meeting in person.

Yes, I agree.

The forums would be more active if they weren't so hidden.

I made an effort once towards this end. An awareness-raising and invitation with link for others to copy and add to some of their posts and also message to random folks. But no one was interested in my fancy little idea.

OKC also has forums

It does?? I never thought to look. Don't spend much time there.
 sealady111
Msg: 263
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:08:48 AM
First meets that do not go as expected.
I will spare you the details but this was part of the message he sent me after I got home

'sorry it didnt work out I did think we could be FBs'
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 264
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:25:03 AM
sealady

what is FB, fcuck buddy???? Obviously you were not receptive to that over lunch??? did you find him attractive at all???? Another one bites the dust.. Hope at least you had a nice lunch on such a lovely day.
 sealady111
Msg: 265
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 3:26:05 AM
Thank you letitia.

He turned up, different to his photos. Older looking and with many more face warts.
His voice and demeanor was as expected. Turns out he volunteers at a community radio station on air.
So a lovely speaking voice.
I decided to look past appearances and enjoy lunch which was lovely.
Stunning day, location and food.

After about 1 hour or so he asked me how we were going and if I wanted to see him again.
My answer was yes. I was enjoying his company.

He then started talking about movies and sex and intimating coming back to my house.
I tried to change the subject by asking him about his family and then he let fly about his horrible ex wife, horrible father and horrible daughter.
The negativity and vitriol was as if from a different person.
He must have picked up that I was not comfortable and asked if I had changed my mind.

I thanked him for lunch, got up and left the table.
He also got up and went to the bathroon.
I paid my half, told the staff to ensure he paid his half.

He sent me a message via here that included the FB line.
Then his messages became nasty.
I have deleted and blocked him.

........................................................................................

All of that is now history.

........................................................................................

The food and location was lovely.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 266
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 3:46:28 AM

He turned up, different to his photos. Older looking and with many more face warts.

Many more? Are warts in Australia the same as the US?
So he had some to start with?

Is Crocodile Dundee the only man Australia had/has that can/could be shown in public? What's up with all these unsightly cads there?
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 267
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:15:47 AM

And one inescapable Forum fact. Many folks DO post here while "under the influence" of something or another.

Does that say anything at all about them?

Agreed but...

it's none of my business. What I do & say is my business, period.
Best to let sleeping dogs lie.
 Walts
Msg: 268
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:20:25 AM

And one inescapable Forum fact. Many folks DO post here while "under the influence" of something or another.

Does that say anything at all about them?

It means I'm drunk and I like whiskey.

It ain't rocket science.......

Anything else you need to know??????
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 269
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:22:58 AM

It means I'm drunk and I like whiskey.

It ain't rocket science.......

Anything else you need to know??????

YOU are alumni
YOU can say whatever you want
YOU are funny & kind
Have a great rest of the day Walts!
 sealady111
Msg: 270
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:19:31 PM

Many more? Are warts in Australia the same as the US?
So he had some to start with?

Is Crocodile Dundee the only man Australia had/has that can/could be shown in public? What's up with all these unsightly cads there?

^^ CrookCatcher

Yes he does have a couple on his profile picture but I did not notice them till later.
Not black ones with hairs like a witch. Just raised and rough. I think I counted about 20 on his forehead and 6 on his left cheek.
Stopped after that.

Re Crocodile Dundee... Paul Hogan was a married man when he made the first movie and left his wife and mother of his children for his younger, American costar.
Obviously him being married bothered neither of them.
From what I read at the time it certainly bothered his wife and children.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 271
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:27:42 PM
sealady111- Drinks used a REALLY good metaphor, when it comes to your situation.
He used one of your passions to speak to you.
You, bravely, keep your boat out in the water, not at harbor.
This man did not have the right things for you to set sail and stay in the water, together.
Sooner or later, the man that will sail with you will be there. :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 272
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:28:46 PM
re Paul Hogan

The marriage to his first wife was not good and they had separated and married twice to each other. Most men will stay at home even when unhappy until someone else comes along that they can leave home for. He is still with Linda as far as I know. We don't really know what goes on with people and the tabloids are not renowned for telling the truth.

As for the guy with the warts, that is a hell of a lot and hard to ignore but his bitter rant about his whole family would be very offputting. Appearances are important and he must have lied about his age to look so much older. He at least showed his true colours on the first meet and you didn't waste any more time.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 273
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:38:30 PM

o0BrownEyedGirl0o :
LL, I am fascinated by the vibrancy of your posted pictures and think the new one I see this morning is fabulous. I was somehow able to find your (English) blog and absolutely love your other images too, the ones that look like comic strips. Love to know how you do it.... you always look 'larger than life' in a good way.

I hope I don't get shot down for using this thread/forum for a comment to you but I loved your story about your online dating 'experiment' and why wouldn't anyone want to do that (many do, that is the downside of this medium) because it shows what it takes to be wildly successful in getting messages to your inbox. But as for finding a real relationship, of course it does not work should you meet in person.

In my case, the blessing of OLD is that it has taught me a lot about myself, against the backdrop of the opposite sex, a part of humanity I studiously avoided for half of my life. That may be the only benefit I get out of the whole thing, in addition to seeing what I 'don't want' in a man/relationship, as VK describes above.

Thank you BEG! And yes, people can easily find my bilingual blog on the internet. I maintain two separate blogs, (1) a motovlog, documenting/recording my riding adventures using a GoPro camera, and (2), a social commentary discussing issues about my hometown politics.

I like to use comic strips to personalize my blog posts, so I dress up my blog using the Bitstrips application. I think I found Bitstrips on Facebook. You can create your own Bitstrip character and share it with your friends. I believe the Bitstrips comic strips application is also available for iphones.

As for the vibrancy of my pictures, since the first try at Photoshop Elements ten years ago, I became hooked on the program. I use it in all my images. Now I am dabbling with HDR photography, and it complements Photoshop.

Both programs brings my skyline at night photographs, and my profile images to life.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 274
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 3:27:27 PM
Dianna, (Hope I got that spelling correct)

bummer re the lunch meet... but wow, what a 'generous' offer... (please, note sarcasm).... I only ever got my single one from a 'no image' profile... lol (and that was six months ago when I was generous about who I conversed with)

be thankful the "mask" came down very early... some don't show their true colors for eons...
The way some people wear their 'victim' mentality - I'm surprised they don't carry their own 'body outline chalk'.

(yes, I'm thankful right now my profile is hidden... race training and work taking up too much time for this dating stuff. lol )

My rant today: what's WRONG with women (or anyone) having a five year plan??? lol
Yes, I was told I was 'too logical'... (gee, that goes along with my Aspie side)
bwahaha...
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 275
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 5:10:54 PM
Nope on the Hogan/Koslowski union, divorced last year. Good article here:

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life/linda-kozlowski-opens-up-about-divorce-from-paul-hogan-20140916-10hhi7.html

LL2: Thanks for telling me about the Bitstrips, I am going to look it up. And I would have said I thought the pics were in HDR but I thought, "Who would take so much time to do that on a dating site?" As I said, they're fab.

I hate PE, maybe because I don't use it enough. Liked Adobe 6 much better but things are a little easier since I found the skin changer in Elements and got rid of the black skin with the tiny white writing that I could not read in the menus. I get used to a program and they change it and I am miffed.

Glad you saw my message, I like it when people notice when I comment on their stuff. I like to give out compliments and maybe counter a bit of the negativity that can fly around here...

I'll think of a good rant later, this thread has lots of important newsy stuff in it that I would rather talk about. Mail settings are a pain to have to try to get around.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT