Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paladin2015
Msg: 276
RANTPage 12 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Ok here my rant for my commute tomorrow.....

Ahem,

F#$@%@% IDIOTS!!!!!!

I-75 is being widened for a third lane between Toledo and Findlay...and I get to work in Findlay....luckey me

That's bad enough.....now they have the lanes flipped......the left lane is the slow lane for trucks and SLOW TRAFFIC...and the right lane is for passing....there are BIG ORANGE signs saying so about every 5 miles....

I have come to the conclusion that half the US population is functionally illiterate....

Inevitably.....some truck is plodding along in the right lane doing 55 in a 60...blocking traffic........or some car is shadowing a truck doing 55 in the right lane...afraid to pass on the right....blocking traffic....

I swear one of these days I'm going to just buy a surplus snow plow and do one great last commute to work leave a trail of smoking wreckege behind me......LOL
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 277
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:33:04 PM
^^^^ Palidan, please send me a message what day that will be so I can stay off the interstate. I am on the other side of the city and have the "split" construction between Promedica Pkwy and the AWT. I do wish that the city would give reports on which construction company has won the contest for the "Competitive Orange Barrel Placement" where the goal is to be as much of detriment to travel as possible!

Come to think of it are not all of the major construction zones in 4 corners of Toledo and then of course the two major roads that cross N to S and E to W? I wonder if the same person planned this as well as the no left turn light at AWT and South?

So there we have it... 2 confirmed rants on Toledo commutes.

Le Pew

P.S. Sealady, sorry to hear about the warthog but when you said, "What could go wrong?" I personally thought "Sharknado"! So now you know... with all the warts he wasn't um F'able nor your Buddy. Congrats on finding out fast!
 sealady111
Msg: 278
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:57:32 PM
^^^ There are advantages of a longer than 30 min first meet.
Had it just been a quick coffee I probably would have had a second meet.
Because, other than the warts, he was nice for the first hour.
Sometimes it takes a little longer.

I was wondering how, if he continued to be nice, the topic of getting the 'warts' frozen off your face could be gently raised.

Hmmm

Re Paul Hogan.
I met one of his sons.
He played Rugby Union for Mosman Rugby Club, as did my then, fiance.
His job was with the council collecting garbage. i.e A Garbo.
Lovely bloke from memory.
It was a very long time ago.
 Olivoil
Msg: 279
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 7:56:09 PM
Just Googled facial HPV. Sure enough, the warts can appear on the face. They also suggest to medical professionals the possibility of HIV. Just peachy, this world of FWBs and FB's.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 280
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 8:32:07 PM
paladin and Le Pew, Just for you, LOL
You tube:
'ORANGE BARRELS' .. TODD YOHN LIVE W/ THE BOB AND TOM BAND
Todd Yohn performs his comedy classic 'Orange Barrels' with the Bob and Tom Band in Toledo circa 1999

My Rant? The weekend is over, crap!
 sealady111
Msg: 281
RANT
Posted: 10/25/2015 8:43:37 PM
^^^ WOW and double WOW.
Eeeeerrrrkkk Glad I did did not kiss him.
He also possibly had some gum disease, long teeth with gaps on his lower jaw.
The teeth were clean but his gums had certainly receeded.

Now how many women would he get to meet him if his profile stated:

I have multiple facial warts that are increasing in number indicating possible facial HPV - the same virus that can cause cervical cancer and can be linked to HIV.
My teeth are intact but because of gum disease I look even longer in the tooth.
My photo was taken 10 years ago but I think I still look the same.
Seeking no strings sex, FB relationship but only with intelligent ladies.
I do not like dumb blondes.
I also hate my family, detest my horrendous ex wife, my daughter for siding with her and my dad and will talk about them forever.

He actually told me he liked talking to me because I had brains and was not just a ditzy blonde.
Now the sad thing is that he is a real man, who obviously wants companionship.
Perhaps he is like many people, who dislike going to the doctor or dentist.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 282
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 12:15:04 AM
^^^ WOW and double WOW.
Eeeeerrrrkkk Glad I did did not kiss him.

You'll want to be careful about fellows, lady friends and clients you hug/bond/shake hands with then... coz who knows what they've got on their skin... and that you might pick up.... warts are common... from of over 100 strains of HPV - we, as a human race, more than likely come across them every day....

and who knows where hands have been that you touched two months ago - etc etc... one can't always see those little buggers on hands and nails... or upper arms... or legs... yanno....

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Warts
 Maleman999
Msg: 283
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:08:39 AM
^^^I guess that blows the theory that you have to kiss a few frogs or toads before you find your prince.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 284
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:13:55 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Don't be kissing any Common Warthogs either.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 285
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:14:59 AM

Message #270:
He turned up, different to his photos. Older looking and with many more face warts.

Message #271:
Many more? Are warts in Australia the same as the US?
So he had some to start with?

Message #275:
Yes he does have a couple on his profile picture but I did not notice them till later. I think I counted about 20 on his forehead and 6 on his left cheek. Stopped after that.

Message #283:
Because, other than the warts, he was nice for the first hour. I was wondering how, if he continued to be nice, the topic of getting the 'warts' frozen off your face could be gently raised.

Sometimes skin tags and warts can be easily mistaken for the other. I had a few skin tags on my face and had them removed, for cosmetic reasons earlier this year. The procedure took about 5 minutes, and they fell off within days.

My point is you may be passing up good men for silly reasons.

http://madamenoire.com/411995/petty-much-pass-good-guys-petty-reasons/
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 286
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:15:01 AM
Psst....

Hey Jessi. Message me if you really want to know where my hands have been.

I assure you they smell really good too!
 ohenryx
Msg: 287
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:12:40 PM

sealady111
He also possibly had some gum disease, long teeth with gaps on his lower jaw.
The teeth were clean but his gums had certainly receeded.

Perhaps he is like many people, who dislike going to the doctor or dentist.

I suffered from gum disease, many years ago. I had surgery in 1986 (29 years ago) to clean that up. As a consequence of that surgery, more of my teeth are exposed than what you would normally expect to see. A second consequence is that I go to the dentist every 3 months, not every 6 months like most people. This has been going on for 29 years, as I said, and will continue as long as I live (or have teeth).

There is no way to “fix” that. I have had warts and “skin tags” frozen off, that does work, and is not even very expensive, time consuming, or painful.

ON EDIT: These days, you can have “laser surgery” to remove / clean up gum disease, and you don’t lose so much of your gums, and you don’t have the problem of “exposed roots”. So today, with advances in medical science / dentistry, you can avoid the problem that I have. But there is no procedure (that I am aware of ) to undo what has been done.
 sealady111
Msg: 288
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:34:52 PM
^^ Thank you Henry.
We are in agreement.

I also have had gum disease treated and have had warts and skin tags frozen off.
So neither of these things were too horrendous for me.
They can be fixed and are only on the surface.

For me with this man, the things that could not be fixed were:
#1 His negative and toxic attitude towards his family.
#2 The messages I received later. Did also get a "Hoped we could have been FB" text message as well as the emails from here.

These horrible personality traits made him UGLY in all respects to me.

Interestingly, even though I have removed him, he still appears on the top of my screen as being on line.
But he has not made any more contact since Sunday evening.

Back to square one for me.
If my choices are to be with someone like him or alone forever... I choose being alone. Or solo.

p.s. The freezing off can be painful on certain parts of the body.
I had a 'pre cancer' frozen off my lip and the pain was excruciating. I was crying for over an hour.
My dermatologist gave me a jelly bean to take my mind off it. lol
 Olivoil
Msg: 289
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:43:54 PM
"My point is you may be passing up good men for silly reasons."

Love to laugh, you missed a big part of sealady's story. Yes, he misrepresented his looks using an older profile picture, but she was cutting him slack for not being quite as advertised. The other disappointment, as I understand her story, was that the sex talk and offer of FB status happened way too soon, on the first meet.
That's not her style.

I don't believe her reasons are silly. Their basic values were also different.
 sealady111
Msg: 290
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 3:26:44 PM
I just read that article.
It basically says to judge someone on their personality and charachter rather than other petty things.

For me that man's negativity and bitterness that came out during the lunch was the killer.
The FB messages later convinced me that I had made the correct decision.
 gtomustang
Msg: 291
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 3:58:56 PM
to the "lost my appetite" column, I can add to diseased warts the news today that processed meats might cause tushie cancer. I won't mind losing chili cheese dogs, but my sausage and cheddar on a toasted bagel breakfasts, bacon and lunchmeats for lunch and sausage and peppers on sourdough bread for dinner?

Oh well, eat right, exercise...and die anyway.
 Olivoil
Msg: 292
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 4:15:27 PM
to the "lost my appetite" column, I can add to diseased warts the news today that processed meats might cause tushie cancer. I won't mind losing chili cheese dogs, but my sausage and cheddar on a toasted bagel breakfasts, bacon and lunchmeats for lunch and sausage and peppers on sourdough bread for dinner?

I heard that too, but the article mentions 500 grams daily should be the limit for processed meats. That is the amount you'd put in your sandwich. And who eats cold cuts/ham or bacon every day. Pretty sure we can all relax.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 293
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 4:17:32 PM
Rant: Walked into a Krispy Kreme this morning, on leisurely errand day, thinking that I'll first have a relaxed little coffee ritual (never been to one before). First thing, guy behind the counter is offering me a free doughnut. I asked, and he explained something to do with when some sign is on whoever comes in then gets a free doughnut. So I figure, cool, I'll have it with my coffee that I'm about to buy. So...I proceed to tell him that I never been to a Krispy Kreme before, and I ask if he knows what brand their coffee is and if any of them are "Columbian" (versus their hokey names). He doesn't know, so I ask to have a taste of one or two. Just literally a tablespoonful. He says no. I say that I even have my own cup, they don't have to spend a cup on me (I even bring with me a ceramic coffee cup when I'm out, believe it or not, because I like to have my coffee that way instead of paper or Styrofoam cups...pouring bits at a time from their cup into my ceramic cup). No. But just half a swallow to see what it tastes like. No. We don't do samples. The guy actually said that they don't do samples. Wouldn't budge. Knowing that I'm a potential new customer and want to buy some of their coffee. Try it out. After giving me a free doughnut.

I swear, the most retarded people are customer service or public relations folks. So they lost my business before they even had it, and I took my damned free doughnut and went across the street to freaking Starbucks, and tried French Roast to see if I'd like it.

Anti Rant: Later the same day, today, I was walking along through a parking lot. I just happened to be pulling one of those upright cart thingys that is commonly associated with homeless people (I use one sometimes for certain reasons, different story. Whenever I take it along, it's obvious to me how people perceive and treat me differently), and had long whiskers on my face (laziness). I happened to catch two young women in a car I was walking by, in about their 20's, good looking btw and well dressed etc, one car door opened, who were looking at me and saying something, seeming to be trying to get my attention. I approached, and they said that they liked my overalls (they were those railroad engineer kind with vertical blue and white pinstripes). We ended up chatting very comfortably for a few minutes. I explained that I just happened to be trying to buy a couple more overalls today, as one of my errands, and was trying to find out where I could find them. They even recognized the brand that I had. We all mentioned this place and that, and they told me about one place I could try which I hadn't heard of before. And eventually we all wished each other a good day and went about our business.

Anyway, a very nice encounter. With total strangers. Let alone young women. Without anyone feeling "creepy" about anything.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 294
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 4:39:07 PM
You can't totally blame the KK guy for not giving you a sample..corporate drones are drilled on rules, health and safety, and don't want to lose their minimum wage jobs. I don't argue with such minions. They're indoctrinated droids, whoa re merely obeying orders from the great donut on high.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 295
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:41:41 PM

Psst....

Hey Jessi. Message me if you really want to know where my hands have been.
I assure you they smell really good too!

Cor thanks darl... but given that I have a nearly 11yo son who gives me amazing hand smells, along with more than enough of a vivid imagination and - and may be crazy and desperate, I'm not stupid ;-)

I'll pass on your generous offer ;-)

I heard that too, but the article mentions 500 grams daily should be the limit for processed meats. That is the amount you'd put in your sandwich. And who eats cold cuts/ham or bacon every day. Pretty sure we can all relax.

ahem, the article I'm reading is indicating 18 ounces per WEEK... and while I'd never put a pound of processed meat in a sandwich (I don't eat bread) I do eat on average 300 grams of bacon (nitrate and sugar free) every day... hmmmrphhhh. I'll not give up my bacon, and take my chances on the cancer... given that my research indicates cancer feeds and thrives on sugar.... so I'll starve it to death if it finds a way into my body...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 296
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:53:09 PM
minor well almost pissy rant
If you keep having all these horrid dating experiences, and posting, what exactly do you hope to achieve> I see ppl going " oh your knight is waiting keep the Faith"
Instead of saying
someone is broken, fix it
The road to hell is paved with good intentions
Yes, I saw wieners and processed meat will kill you as you sleep
No one takes my bacon
Course this is just one of those " STICK" womens rant
Yea, I walked in on my fat friend in a dressing room...
light is green
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 297
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:19:29 PM
Sorry Olivoil...
I just read another bacon article citing 50gm per day... so I'm wondering if 500gm was perhaps a typo??

tis all cool... :-)
still going to keep my bacon maker in business... he's a nice chap and a good stroll just around the block.

Today's rant - I dunno - not much there... it's a full moon and I'm too happy to be ranting about anything, I'm just grateful for everything today.
(even my 11yo nagging me to get down to the basement to pull up the Halloween box to decorate for Saturday)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 298
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:57:18 PM

Water, sunshine, boats, seafood and a charming male lunch companion.
What could possibly go wrong?

After about 1 hour or so he asked me how we were going and if I wanted to see him again.
My answer was yes. I was enjoying his company.

He then started talking about movies and sex and intimating coming back to my house.
I tried to change the subject by asking him about his family and then he let fly about his horrible ex wife, horrible father and horrible daughter.
The negativity and vitriol was as if from a different person.
He must have picked up that I was not comfortable and asked if I had changed my mind.

I thanked him for lunch, got up and left the table.
He also got up and went to the bathroon.
I paid my half, told the staff to ensure he paid his half.

He sent me a message via here that included the FB line.
Then his messages became nasty.
I have deleted and blocked him.

You were saying....?

Sealady, meet my friend Murphy.

Tell her about your "law", Murphy.

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".
 ThePig0fTheOpera
Msg: 299
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:58:57 PM
My rant for the moment is that I'm not particularly happy with my hair getting lighter over the summer. Now that fall is here and winter is coming, it will go back to its darker state, which I much prefer.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 300
RANT
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:46:15 PM
Please don't talk to me when you're cutting my hair.

I understand your job is customer service, but I don't feel like telling you what I do for a living or whether or not I saw the Laker game.

I also don't want a neck shave, shoulder massage or gels put in my hair.

I just want my fvckin hair cut.

Size 1.5 on the sides, scissors on top and blocked in the back.

Simple.

Capice?!

vvvv
LMAO!

I hear ya.

Not just the eyebrows either.

Don't go inside my nose!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT