Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePig0fTheOpera
Msg: 326
RANTPage 14 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)

Don't be disappointed when someone you consider 'hot' doesn't have the other qualities you want.

Sometimes "hot" is all that's really necessary.
 ohenryx
Msg: 327
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 10:21:04 AM

Olivoil
Don't be disappointed when someone you consider 'hot' doesn't have the other qualities you want.

ThePigOfTheOpera
Sometimes "hot" is all that's really necessary.

“Hot” AND being willing to go out with me and put up with my s___.

Messages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be posted
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 328
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 10:28:21 AM
People who smoke right outside the door of a nonsmoking establishment, getting smoke all over everybody who enters/leaves.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 329
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 10:49:27 AM
^^^^^With you on the smoking thing....my newspaper smelled like smoke today and yesterday at the doctors office...the patient before me was a smoker...gawd, just makes me gag.
I can't believe a smoker will lie and meet a non smoker and think...we can't smell it....lol.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 330
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 2:28:32 PM

Btw-HOW does he pay for the apartment without a job???

Section 8 housing, and his aunt. The thermostat for the top floor of this building is in his apartment.

I went into his yesterday to change the heat setting- it was cold in the building. This idiot has the stove on, the door open. His apartment is 85. Off went the stove, I bumped up the thermostat to 74. He wasn't there. Later he comes down to gripe about us turning off his stove. We told him not run the stove like that, he thought it was funny. This morning- same scenario. I went down and turned off his gas. (Landlord foots the bill for gas) The landlord wants him gone.

The leaks in this building aren't ridiculous, just annoying. But, they are there. Finding them is an egg hunt, I know, I've chased them all summer. How hard is it to find the leaks? Take a blank sheet of paper and look at it. SOMEWHERE, there is a hole in it. Where? Who knows. This is what I see- there IS a leak, I just can't see it.
 Olivoil
Msg: 331
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 4:14:17 PM
^^^^With you on the smoking thing....my newspaper smelled like smoke today and yesterday at the doctors office...the patient before me was a smoker...gawd, just makes me gag.
I can't believe a smoker will lie and meet a non smoker and think...we can't smell it....l

Ditto...Some of the best people are smokers, but as an asthmatic I can't be around them for long. It comes out of their pores even when they're not smoking.
I couldn't date a smoker, I'd land in the hospital.
 Walts
Msg: 332
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 5:34:40 PM

I can't believe a smoker will lie and meet a non smoker and think...we can't smell it....lol.

Yes. I learnt my lesson once, a long time ago. I fibbed and told a young lady that I didn't drink.

I didn't even get within a block of her and she said she could smell the whiskey. It was kinda of disheartening but, just for a moment. I reached back and grabbed my flask, and all was good again after that sip. I can't even remember her name anymore.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 333
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 8:36:46 PM
Here's a funny rant: Using the word "so" to begin sentences. More people and more often. One of those probably harmless things, like grammar and spelling, but it's just weird. Though I do think that such things are interesting indicators of something going on psychologically on a mass scale, a weird fad, and it gets to a point where it's irresistibly annoying.

It's also a comical counterpoint to the weird trend of people ending their sentences with "so..." and trailing off.

I first noticed this when listening to some scientist talk, as in a public radio show called "Science Friday", for example. And perhaps science-oriented shows on t.v., or such things on YouTube. During a discussion or interview, each time that the scientist in question is asked the next question, he/she begins their question with "So". With it happening more often, it just seemed so out-of-place and began to get irritating.

I started to get the impression that the reason they were doing this is because, in their mind at least, they already had an explanatory monologue ready and felt that the constant stop-and-start of the question-answer structure was just getting in the way...as if they were having to force themselves to conform to a Q&A session when instead they are always secretly thinking that if the host or interviewer would just shut the hell up they would explain everything and answer all of the questions that they already know they're going to ask. In other words, beginning sentences with "So" seemed to be saying "Ok, I'll now continue what I was already explaining when you interrupted me again with another unnecessary question".

And tonight, watching Shark Tank, I noticed the people coming in to talk to the sharks doing it a lot. Every other sentence begins with "So,". Not when everyone is talking over each other, but when one finishes talking, is asked a question, and they begin their answer with "So".

It's also funny that I can relate to this to an extent. I find myself doing this sometimes. People have so many different ways of conducting conversation, but some of those ways are undeniably non-constructive or unproductive. So in particular instances I catch myself wanting to drop the 'hint' of beginning my next sentence with the word "So" in order to give the other person in the conversation a clue. However, this isn't a habit with me, and I'm noticing that it is becoming a habit for more and more people, as a kind of viral cultural fad, but with no rhyme or reason. What the hell's up with that?

A related observation is how everybody has long since began to use the words "actual" and "actually" so often. Again, seemingly harmless, but it's just so damned weird. When I begin to notice so many people, in real life and in commercials or wherever else, using these words in literally almost every sentence...two out of every three sentences, let's say, endlessly...I just think that there's something wrong somewhere. A kind of psychological malfunction that spreads throughout society. When everyone begins to feel as if they have to validate whatever they're saying with the emphasis of 'actual' or 'actually' and a dozen times within 30 seconds of speaking, it seems like there's something wrong with how we tell each other things. Like we can't just say that "it's raining hard today", but instead we feel that it's necessary to say "it's actually raining hard today". Or instead of "my tire picked up a nail and went flat", it must be "my tire actually picked up an actual nail and actually went flat." That's just f-king insane. I mean...notice how earlier in this paragraph that you're reading that I said "using these words in literally almost every sentence", instead of just "using these words in almost every sentence" (the word 'literally' also sometimes becoming victim to this malfunction).
 prairiefire60
Msg: 334
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 8:46:59 PM
^^^ My annoying word is "like". There are two young women in my office that use the word "like" in every sentence and at time use the word "like" two or three times in a sentence. Over use of that word like drives me nuts and I could just like slap them silly.

Words. They come in and out of vogue. I like words.

vvvv. You nailed it.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 335
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 8:49:43 PM
^ Someone is relating a story and they constantly say "I was like...I was like...they were like..."

Hey, like, did you know that there is an actual asteroid which is going to actually pass as close to us as the moon is on Halloween? I'm like, whoa.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 336
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 8:51:49 PM
I still have trouble with the tale that women will date a guy for the free meal even if she not really interested.
I cant imagine anyone being that hard up. I guess we only hear about the "meal whores" that have not put out at the end of the evening in some way.....

The only thing worse than a man being too eager for sex is one that isn't lol!!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 337
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 8:54:51 PM
My pet peeve is the shopping networks where the women say "team that blouse "back with a pant" when they mean team the blouse with the pants.......petty I know.... The other one is when people say "whoa to go" instead of "go to whoa".... I am a pedant and I admit it.

Seki1949
Msg: 338
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/30/2015 10:59:19 PM

...there is an actual asteroid which is going to actually pass as close to us as the moon is on Halloween?

It's actually a pickup mission. I'm packing like a madman. 417 years is a long time to wait. I can't wait to see mom and dads.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 339
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 1:34:09 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ So, I'm like reading this and I go like "Woah (sic), like you sriously mean that? That is actually SO weird!"
 JJ282
Msg: 340
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 8:18:53 AM
So I realized that I actually start a lot of my sentences with "so", and I actually don't know why I do it, so ... literally, I have no actual idea, so ...
 Meagan06825
Msg: 341
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 8:23:01 AM
My newer rant: all the negativity and nit-picking about other people when it comes to dating.

Did it ever occur to anyone that other people look at them with the same lens that they look at others?

Ever wonder what others are thinking or saying about you?
 Walts
Msg: 342
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 8:38:51 AM

Not much anymore.

Am I suppose to?

The last time I gave a phuck what another thought of me, I found out they were a moron.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 343
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 8:41:47 AM

Did it ever occur to anyone that other people look at them with the same lens that they look at others?

I had no idea how much they looked down on me:(

My rant of the day...

Since when does a shoulder tap constitute foreplay?

vvvvv
Hahahahahahahahha

That's not my third arm brah...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 344
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 8:58:17 AM
^^^ when your cell mate wakes you?
Fun costumes people, of course none as cute as my Lily
 prairiefire60
Msg: 345
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 9:43:19 AM

I've often thought the same thing when someone rants on about the guy had warts, the woman just wanted a meal, bad teeth so gave him dental floss, had ED, they had a bad odor, etc. And just who rejected who as we only hear one side of the story. I often wonder as well as to what the rejected date is saying about them. I'm sure its not great either.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 346
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 9:48:49 AM

And just who rejected who as we only hear one side of the story. I often wonder as well as to what the rejected date is saying about them.

We need someone similar to that character Gil Grissom from CSI Las Vegas.

He calls himself a Speaker for the Dead. Giving a voice to those that cannot speak.

Prairie, I elect you as PoF's Speaker for the Dead.

You can give a voice to all those other parties that never get to provide a rebuttal to all the damning testimonies provided here.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 347
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 9:57:42 AM
Walts...btw the smell of whiskey..is ok, I like Crown .

The last time I gave a phuck what another thought of me, I found out they were a moron.

Pretty much sums it up...mind you I wouldn't use such strong words or....oh, second thought, I just might!

I often wonder as well as to what the rejected date is saying about them. I'm sure its not great either.

I'm sure he was pissed, when I said it was a waste of my time because he had lied to me....How dare I !!!!...see first quote.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 348
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 9:58:02 AM
Funny...speaker for the dead is a character and title of a book by Orson Scott Card, the book being part of a series. Awesome stories, those books. The movie Ender's Game was from the first book.
 prairiefire60
Msg: 349
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 10:02:32 AM
I don't need to be speaker for the dead or missing or the "now we know the rest of the story". The thing is, those doing the yipping about last night's reject are the ones that selected the dude/dudette in the first place. Yes, sometimes we get a surprise. So what, move on and forget about it instead of coming on hear and giving a play by play of the evening complete with all the icky details (remember the Ick thread?). IMO, slamming the rejected date shows more about the character of the one doing the slamming.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 350
RANT
Posted: 10/31/2015 11:08:29 AM
Oh excuse me....I thought this thread was called the RANT thread....foolish me..another Boss of the forums or is this the new monitor??
Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbyau or talk about food, knitting and pleasant things only!!
This is an open forum for people to say what they want(within reason)t without someone monitoring us and ragging on every thing they don't like. I seldom b1tch about anyone but this is getting annoying.
Jaysus!!
NEW RANT......
Wasn't there a mutiny a few months back to eliminate a guy..TALL who did the same thing???
State your opinion and move on....your'e starting to sound like a broken record
I'm entitled to my opinions as much as you....don't come on here pretending to be miss goodytwoshoes...get over yourself.!!
Rant over!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT