Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 376
RANTPage 16 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)

Seki1949:
For me, this board is dead. Almost all the interesting posters are gone in one way or another and those left generate too little interesting traffic to maintain regular interest.

Forums are driven by member’s participation. In my opinion, in order to bring activity back, people need to bring topics to the table that are of interest to them

Forums remain vibrant, engaging and useful to members when they are passionate about a particular topic.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 377
RANT
Posted: 11/4/2015 7:56:50 AM
Seki - well instead of complaining that no one is entertaining you ( or for that matter very interesting) Why don't you provide the entertainment? sheesh
Posted two places too - #heresatissue
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 378
RANT
Posted: 11/4/2015 9:46:21 AM
The dreaded reply all button - There's always somebody that hits reply all when responding to a departing employee's farewell message.

Having your food stolen from the break room fridge - Fortunately, only my married friends suffer this fate.

Smelly lunches - Never stolen and stink when nuked. Fish is the typical culprit.

People who enter the elevator before letting others exit
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 379
RANT
Posted: 11/4/2015 12:36:53 PM

Why don't you provide the entertainment? sheesh

Hello my baby
Hello my darling
Hello my dancing doll!!!!

Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit
 Ouija2025
Msg: 380
RANT
Posted: 11/4/2015 1:16:09 PM
I swear that is one of my 5 favorite cartoons ever!
I thought it was ragtime doll?
I a moment of kindness I bought the pup a new super loud squeaky toy. Nearly two hours of listening to it.. about to snap like a cracker
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 381
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/4/2015 6:40:16 PM

Hello my baby
Hello my darling
Hello my dancing doll!!!!

Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsROL4Kf8QY
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 382
RANT
Posted: 11/4/2015 7:28:25 PM

""""It is driving me nuts that my comma key only works half the time. """"

Maybe you're hitting on the point key. Yanno, half a comma.

csillagianos, I admit I am a terrible typist but I am going to bet it is caused by a ton of bloodhound slobber in the keyboard. Maybe some Frito's too!

Le Pew
 StarClassic
Msg: 383
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 7:34:39 AM
Not sure if this is a rant, or just a question. I'll let y'all decide.

How the fvck does someone with the IQ of a roadkill chipmunk take 193 pounds of material and convert it into 270 pounds of material?
btw, said window licker does this, and more, on a daily basis.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 384
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 1:31:49 PM
Someone? This is a homo sapiens? Not a big dog, right? (Window licker is throwing me off here....)

I always thought that if I could find a way to turn all of that dog shyt back into food not only would I clean up the yard but I'd be a millionaire.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 385
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 1:39:55 PM
^^^define 'material'... (as an artist I was asked one time what my 'medium' was - I replied with "bullshit")

My rant:

what's with all the 'vengeful' women on men posts lately??? I mean, yeah, this is more entertaining than decades ago 'Days of our Lives' but this is bordering on nuts....

I have discovered....
[generally] men lie because they want it both ways...
[generally] women lie because they think they are smarter than the men that lied to them....

in the end, it's a major screw up....

pah, I'm going back to running.... one week til the half marathon that will either make me or break me... (salbutamol is a great drug - I've got 200 doses to see me through)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 386
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 1:48:26 PM
clooneystutor- I have a patient with cerebral palsy, he can't talk, but somehow we manage to communicate, he's actually quite smart and funny.
After I feed him lunch, before his bath, he likes to watch the court shows.
I can't even remember which judge it was, doesn't matter, I suppose.
Anyway, there was this case with a guy suing his boss for poisoning him and sending him to the ER on purpose.
The whole thing back fired on him because he had to admit he was stealing her lunches.
He lost, got laughed out of the court room, pretty much.
It was ONLY after he lost, when they got outside and talked, that he FINALLY said what he SHOULD have said in front of the judge............
She had put habanero peppers in the food and waited for him to take it, let him eat it and admitted doing it.
My patient laughed and laughed, I tried to get onto him, tell him that was NOT nice, but there wasn't much pep to my objection. :D
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 387
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 2:36:03 PM
B Girl that is hilarious!

My rant is against myself. All those younger years when I had my head up my derriere and could have been here and now I am in geezer purgatory. You try staring at photos and profiles full of old grey men, stripped to the waist or holding children. Some of them have the weirdest expressions on their faces (they look like pervs, I know, bad me). It is a kind of hell I tell you. Profiles +1000 in the creep factor, they are all riding murdercycles, hardly an intelligent one anywhere (if you go by their writings). When I first got here I wrote to all the intelligent men, not one single one wrote back. Now they're off the site, probably in the arms of the sexy babes with pictures.

But not one of them, to a man, wants to date me.

Oh what I could have done when I was younger.

Ok. Rant over. Back to work. Nothing like a little rant to clear the mind. Admin, please don't delete this thread. It is lots better than putting it in my profile and then having to rewrite it a day later....
 bamagrl68
Msg: 388
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 2:45:44 PM
oOBrownEyedGirlOo- 65 is NOT old, you are just getting started. Give 'em heck.
When my grandmother passed away, in one more month, she would have been 99!
She was SO funny when it came to being asked how old she was.
Let's just say she didn't react well to that. :0
She was 62, for a LOOOOOng time. ;)
What a mess she was.
All of 5 feet tall, but let me tell you, NOBODY sassed her, nu uh. :D
I love telling her story's, we keep her memory alive that way.
And she had SOME story's. :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 389
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 5:43:23 PM
seki1949

I agree with you, so many good posters gone but a few bad ones too. I guess these things go in cycles.
Lets hope so.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 390
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 10:02:53 PM
Am I one of the good posters or a bad one?

My rant...
My profile was zapped. Just vanished.
Could not create a new one.
Have managed when logging on from a different computer and different IP address.

Castlehillsmile

(Ex SeaLady)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 391
RANT
Posted: 11/7/2015 10:23:47 PM
Castlehillsmile- I think you are a good poster.
Understand what I am saying here, we are talking about sailing. ;)
If you hit dry land, go to another port, cast off from there.
A new ship doesn't have to be new, it just has to set sail, with a new name and the stubbornness that comes from refusing to let someone steal their breeze. :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 392
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 3:43:05 AM
StarClassic...

How the fvck does someone with the IQ of a roadkill chipmunk take 193 pounds of material and convert it into 270 pounds of material?

Add 77 pounds of roadkill chipmunk to it?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 393
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 6:19:35 AM

Message #395:
Am I one of the good posters or a bad one?

My rant...
Have managed when logging on from a different computer and different IP address.

Castlehillsmile

(Ex SeaLady)

For the toxic agenda driven individuals placing reports, it does not matter if you are a good or bad poster, as long as they are able to remove those they don't like.

Edit: I just noticed Eternity was removed again. Some of these folks placing petty reports need to get a life.

We're walking on eggshells around here. We don't want to offend the "establishment".
 StarClassic
Msg: 394
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 11:42:13 AM
I'm a materials mixer in plastics extrusion.
just a few of the terms we work with
"Material" is the plastic pellets, either virgin or regrind, that we use for the products we manufacture.
"Regrind" comes from production scrap, QC rejects and customer RGA that we grind up and reuse.
"Gaylord" is a large cardboard carton 48"x45"x45" deep. Virgin material comes in these and we also reuse them to put regrind into.
"Weigh out" each gaylord of regrind has a tag showing the Net weight of its content. When we weigh out the remaining net weight is subtracted from the original weight to determine how much was used.

If we have a production run where straight virgin material is used we simply add net product weight and scrap weight to account for materials used. On jobs where regrind is added we weigh out the gaylord and subtract the amount used from the total to arrive at the amount of virgin used.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 395
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 12:54:31 PM

well I guess that's 'one' way of going cold turkey from the forums... ::wry smile:: but the addiction was too strong wasn't it?

However, this also shows me, that despite expressing opinions [and a bit of banter/chatting] here - does anybody really know anybody else, and how quickly folks are to jump to conclusions?
and this is in a general online discussion rather than an attempt to understand?

and we wonder why self esteems are plummeting in OLD and people are becoming jaded with the system/method?

Yeup, I've learned a lot from the forumites this year....
no, I'm not being cynical... just musings and part of my introvert brain ticking over....

Welcome back Diane... Things were certainly quiet and dull while you weren't around.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 396
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 3:37:32 PM
Rant: Sometimes a game/team that I really want to watch isn't on a channel that I get. But today a Steelers game and a Packers game were both showing at the same time. So there I am with my finger on the button that changes back and forth between two channels. Shyt.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 397
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:16:15 PM
LOL ^ ^ ^ ^ Life is tough, Drinks!
Moving on,..........

Hmmmm OK, Just curious.
When a user profile is deleted, BY POF, in other words not a self deletion, it only seems to follow, a person would not be able to "create a new one.". FROM the same phone/laptop/PC ./same IP address. Right?

But now one can, "Have managed when logging on from a different computer and different IP address."
???No need to create a new POF account-profile? JUST LOG ON? From a different computer? Different IP address?
Or did I miss a step?
Again, just curious!

Now my rant. If indeed one of us is jealous, or should I say one or more of us is envious, of one or more of the Forums user/s who is deleted/zapped BY POF, could someone please explain to me WHAT exactly is the supposed reason, I or anyone else should be jealous? Jealous of WHAT? Please explain!
And it is assumed US jealous folks are reporting for ????????? the users we are jealous of???????

Do I have this correct????

LOL No I'm not done yet.
IF the Forums are so F'n boring/dead, as several have claimed, by all means please step up to the plate here and enliven us with your wit and charm. By all means, "Entertain us".

....well instead of complaining that no one is entertaining you ( or for that matter very interesting) Why don't you provide the entertainment? sheesh

(As was suggested by one of our lovely-charming-witty Forums ladies)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 398
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:34:16 PM
What worked was a different computer, different name, different details and different email address.
It can be done.
I actually felt bad about not saying goodbye.
Sort of like vanishing in the middle of a conversation.
Very rude and not of my doing.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 399
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:57:22 PM
since people self delete all the time to " take a break" then appear days later I don't spend a lot of time wondering where they go to
Rant today - Christmas stuff out already. Seriously. There should be a law, no decorating before the 2nd of Dec.
That, and the Halloween candy vanished without being marked down 75%.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT