Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 406
view profile
History
RANTPage 17 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
I can't get to page 17 of this thread! I'll try posting to see if I can get there!
 cooldog65
Msg: 407
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/8/2015 7:29:36 PM
It worked! Strange when I clicked on page 17 from "my forums" page it set me back to the main forum page with all of the different categories. Rant over until I come up with another!
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 408
RANT
Posted: 11/9/2015 6:47:54 AM

Message #404:
since people self delete all the time to " take a break" then appear days later I don't spend a lot of time wondering where they go to

To be honest, I seriously doubt any of the regulars “self-delete to take a break”.

From what I’ve seen, people get deleted in a matter of hours/days upon their return, thanks to the usual torch and pitchfork crowd.

Too much pettiness over perceived slights, and difference of opinion.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 409
RANT
Posted: 11/9/2015 6:53:24 AM
I just noticed that the comments number jumped from #404 to #411. It looks like we have a ghost in our midst deleting comments.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 410
RANT
Posted: 11/9/2015 8:10:02 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ LOL You never noticed this before?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 411
RANT
Posted: 11/9/2015 11:21:46 AM

I just noticed that the comments number jumped from #404 to #411..

Sounds like more of that "fuzzy math".
 Maleman999
Msg: 412
RANT
Posted: 11/9/2015 12:32:25 PM
Posts #405 to #410 are in really small print that's hard to spot.
 shutterblink
Msg: 413
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 6:41:10 AM
Today’s rant is more of a ‘whew… dodged that bullet’

After about 48 hours of emailing on the site:
Him: Can I have your number so we can talk?
Me: Sure XXX-XXXX but I’m heading into a movie so my phone is going to be off
Him: Okay, so no talking immediately, enjoy the movie.
Him: (a few hours later) How was the movie?
Me: (the following morning) Good morning. Actually didn’t see the movie, my friend got sick and I had to drive him home. Some sort of migraine.
Him: Oh, I hope you didn’t have to drive far
Him: (About 5 minutes later and paraphrased) I hope you are enjoying your time on POF, good luck to you with that. I think you were on a date last night otherwise you would have texted me last night and I’m not into that so delete my number and don’t ever contact me again.
In less than 12 hours of him having my number I’d gone from interesting and funny to a cheating liar. Dodged that, whew!
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 414
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 6:50:55 AM
^^^^
Dude...oh wait. Dude-ess.

You were so be exclusive with him once the emails started!

I once got an ominous call at 8pm...Good luck Richard followed by a dial tone.

Apparently I had forgotten to call her after our first email exchange.

Bummer!
 call_me_tater
Msg: 415
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:12:41 AM
Since I've always limited my participation to PR and watched the other forums silently until recently, I have a good idea of the cast of characters here.
I still cannot wrap my head around this report/deletion game, immaturity, etc.

I never participated because as an outsider, I thought anything I had to say would be unwelcome as I've seen the reactions towards new people here for the past 2 years.

The PR people have been kinder and encourage new people to participate.

Since the favorite phrase here is "Nothing is real until you meet", I ask why take so seriously something that's not real?

Rant over.
 c_c_again
Msg: 416
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 8:10:55 AM

Since I've always limited my participation to PR and watched the other forums silently until recently, I have a good idea of the cast of characters here.
I still cannot wrap my head around this report/deletion game, immaturity, etc.

Simple really. It's ok for them to post condenscending, sarcastic and venomous posts, to be argumenative etc. but heaven forbid they think your post is.

Take for example our recently departed megan06825. She made a point in a thread to say I was vile. Yet she was a bogus account with fake pics scabbed from the internet...

http://www.cuded.com/2014/03/cool-halloween-costume-ideas/

she was just another sock account trying to stir the pot.

Then you have this genius..

Yes, mr. So and so again and with many 'nyms. Is it also in the character to threaten women and bully them in forums, encouraging inebriated to drink more so you can take advantage...how about your finger puppets and private rallying with a cohort to report and nuke people who question things?

Deleted repeatedly yet comes right back with the troll posts as soon as he can post. Read it's history so far. See anything other than trying to instigate or provoke?

So now I've threatened? Bullied...is that what you call it when you defend your post from overly dramatic posters?

Taking advantage of women through excessive alcohol? Please.....you're grasping now.

Private rallying? Bacon if I did, just to make a point you would'nt be here now. :/

But I digress.

You can't grasp the immaturity because it's all they've got. It's the core of their existence, they thrive off of it. They are the poster children for the utterly pathetic. :/

Bacon you can bite it...the rest have a great day. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 417
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 8:51:09 AM

Him: (a few hours later) How was the movie?
Me: (the following morning) Good morning. Actually didn’t see the movie, my friend got sick and I had to drive him home. Some sort of migraine.

To be fair, that meant you weren't busy and more free time to respond that evening -- why didn't you? Your response was basically "Yeah, I wasn't busy actually -- didn't have to turn my phone off for any movie, as I drove a guy home because he had a migraine coming on. Even though seeing a movie was going to be the reason we May not have been able to keep in touch, it was on, but just blew you off that evening..."

Which is why he said:

Him: Oh, I hope you didn’t have to drive far

Yeah, driving far as in -- gee, I guess it must have been a real long drive -- taking way more time than watching a movie, eh? :) So he waits 5 minutes, actually hoping you'd have some clarification, show interest, a "my bad" -- something, but doesn't seem to be one. You were seemingly just giving a morning text as a 'civilized response', as you felt no need to explain...?

So yes, he is going to take this as guy you went out on a date with or a guy you're kinda seeing, or one a close 1-on-1 male/female where at least one person likes another -- but whether it is fueling a seeming lack of interest by you or not, he's thinking "Yeah, I better GTFO..." He was rude about it, yeah. He was frustrated though, too. He has nothing to lose by being rude when he tells someone to delete his number -- except he better hope you don't know anyone he knows - lol.

It's not so much he was clingy and wanted you to be "at attention" at all times or something... but your reason you couldn't talk that night didn't even apply, which was the point. Sooo, not even respond and say we'll talk tomorrow, how about [2pm]? And no, he wasn't accusing you of cheating, nor being a liar, really. Just not having interest in him, and a "blah" position about him-- otherwise you would have done roughly one of these:

a) At least texted him that evening said something like "Hey, didn't see the movie. Have/had to drive my friend who had a splitting headache home instead. I figured tomorrow would be a better time anyway to chit-chat as I'm kinda beat. That cool? :)"

b) Called him quickly to give him the update, but hey, let's talk tomorrow...

Or even this the next day via text
c) "Good morning, [Bill]. I actually didn't see the movie as I had to drive my friend who had a splitting headache home instead. Sorry I didn't reach out to ya, I was beat, and I was planning on aiming for today to talk on the phone regardless. I should have been more clear. I didn't see your question about the movie until now actually! My bad.
 Chromis1
Msg: 418
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 10:14:01 AM

a) At least texted him that evening said something like "Hey, didn't see the movie. Have/had to drive my friend who had a splitting headache home instead. I figured tomorrow would be a better time anyway to chit-chat as I'm kinda beat. That cool? :)"

b) Called him quickly to give him the update, but hey, let's talk tomorrow...

Or even this the next day via text
c) "Good morning, [Bill]. I actually didn't see the movie as I had to drive my friend who had a splitting headache home instead. Sorry I didn't reach out to ya, I was beat, and I was planning on aiming for today to talk on the phone regardless. I should have been more clear. I didn't see your question about the movie until now actually! My bad.

WTF? Are you nuts? A few emails, phone numbers are exchanged ... nobody owes nobody 'nothing". This is exactly the reason why so many people fail here. What this guy should have done is called the following evening, just be happy to talk on the phone and take it from there.
 3Knights1Queen
Msg: 419
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 10:40:13 AM
Tube socks with flip flops....wtf?
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 420
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 10:49:45 AM
^^^
Mailbox attire
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 421
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 10:58:32 AM

Tube socks with flip flops....wtf?

LOL let's add, flip flops worn as SHOES, with or with out the socks, when it's below freezing out side. Really? wth is up with that?
 3Knights1Queen
Msg: 422
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 11:15:51 AM
While wearing a beanie, thermal shirt and daisy dukes...lmao
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 423
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 3:17:14 PM

Actually didn’t see the movie, my friend got sick and I had to drive him home.

If a guy blew me off to go to the movies with a girl “friend” I would lose interest in him and end communication with him…especially since she’s so blasé about it, like she couldn’t care less.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 424
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 4:51:03 PM
What are 'tube socks'?

Surely to wear flip flops..... what I call thongs, you need a gap between your big toe and the next one to hold your foot to the rubber bit of the thong or flip flop.
Which when wearing normal socks is covered.

So to properly wear flip flops or thongs with socks, the socks need to have at least a separate big toe sock bit.
Sort of like mittens for feet.
Or 5 toe socks like gloves.

Surely though in wet weather your socks would get wet.
Walking around with wet socks, with or without toes and your flip flops would be too soggy for me.
Certainly not sexy.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 425
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 6:24:33 PM
Castlehillsmile- Picture knee high panty hose, that both sexes can wear, and yes, people pair them with sandals, don't ask me why.
Speaking of panty hose-
Tell me those things we not invited by the devil.
Evil, just evil, I tell 'ya.
Come here, mister inventor of panty hose you, let me show you what to do with the darn things. ;) :D
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT