Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shutterblink
Msg: 426
view profile
History
RANTPage 18 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)

To be fair, that meant you weren't busy and more free time to respond that evening -- why didn't you?

If he had asked that question or even any question really, or given me more than a few minutes to respond – I would have explained further…. That I did shut off my phone because we were in the theatre, that my friend was in rough shape so I stayed for a bit of time and that I would like to meet him for coffee in the afternoon.

He has nothing to lose by being rude when he tells someone to delete his number

I do understand the points you’ve made and I could have said something along the lines of 'let's talk tomorrow' but the reality is he jumped to conclusions and there was something to lose - an opportunity to meet. An actual conversation would have helped him realize that the friend I was with is an old family friend who is in a committed gay relationship.
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 427
RANT
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:52:13 PM
^^^
I think you handled things fine, IMHO.

You hadn't even met this stranger yet.

You and the stranger are free agents.

I think he was insecure.

YMMV
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 428
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 2:58:52 AM
I agree with the pantyhose rant Bamagrl...

My pet hate are the expensive, sheer glossy ones that I wear for special occasions.
They do make your legs look spectacular, as long as you can get them on without creating a hole and having it run the full lenth of your leg.
This NEVER happens with the cheap and nasty ones.
ONLY the super expensive ones.
And only when you are wearing them for a special occasion.

And panty hose sizing??
Who came up with that stupid system.

ohenryx
Msg: 429
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 8:19:25 AM

bamagrl68
Speaking of panty hose-
Tell me those things we not invited by the devil.
Evil, just evil, I tell 'ya.
Come here, mister inventor of panty hose you, let me show you what to do with the darn things. ;) :D

My only experience with wearing panty hose happened many, many years ago, when I was playing football. When the weather conditions are unbelievably bad (freezing rain, snow, etc), and you’re expected to actually scramble around in the mud or frozen mud disguised as turf, they do help.

I can’t imagine why women would actually wear them in the summer time. Insanity, I say.

Speaking of women’s clothing, and insanity, how about high heels? I have been working downtown for 5+ years now, and all of the women (well, better than 90%) are wearing high heels. I saw a woman the other knee, huge knee brace, hobbling around on high heels. Unbelievable.

Yes, they do make women’s legs and butts look better, but how far are you willing to go to look a little better? I don’t think I’ve ever known a woman that was attractive in high heels and panty hose who wouldn’t still be attractive sans the high heels and panty hose.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 430
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 10:23:58 AM
^ I can't even believe you just said that. Bless you.
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 431
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 10:28:42 AM

but how far are you willing to go to look a little better?

Lots of Botox Betty's running around.

The suspended melting face, barely awake look is a giveaway.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 432
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 12:18:06 PM
^ See, I don't get this. You can accomplish the exact same thing with a roll of transparent tape; or, for a more natural look, just hang up side down.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 433
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 12:42:13 PM
I can't deal with panty hose anymore. I actually prefer the garter belt..they
have some awesomely cute ones out there...and they're actually quite
comfortable.

Also if you buy all the same color hose, you can just throw one out when it
tears. They come with lines and polka spots, etc...fun ones.

I do remember years ago when I did wear panty hose, I used to cut the leg
off and wear two pairs with one leg each....hahahahaha! wasn't very
comfortable, but made a girdle of sorts.

I crack myself up sometimes.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 434
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 4:22:59 PM
I would add that yes, while stuff like hose and heels have their own sexy cool look, if a woman looks good at all, then I like her just as much and maybe better flat-footed (regular shoes, no heels) and bare-legged. Just like with my no-makeup attitude. And if she looks good only when made-up like this, then it really doesn't make her look better and can even be worse...

...However, I think that what's happened with women and hose, heels, and makeup, is that it's not to look better generally or better for a man, but instead it's perceived as the formal look. The proper expected look. For formality. It's like heels, hose, and makeup are women's equivalent of a man's dress suit and tie. Shiny formal shoes. Pricey cufflinks. Etc.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 435
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 5:14:04 PM
^^ I think you are right drinkthesunwithmyface

Next week I am at a formal function and will be on stage.
Had a fashion parade yesterday to choose the correct outfit.
The general opinion is to wear black leather, sky high, skinny, stiletto heel court shoes with glossy shiny black pantyhose.

Now I will have two pairs of shoes.
1 more sensible pair for general walking around then change into the glamour heels while I am on stage.
There is no way I can wear them for any length of time without pain.
Certainly not for the entire day.
Sitting down for dinner is different and a short period of time while on stage I can suffer.

They do look gorgeous and the extra height is good.
Wearing these heels I am 6 foot 1 inch tall. Very forgiving of the extra bumpy bits.
No they are not platform.
The normal, comfy shoes are also black leather and 3 inch heels. Not like the sky high 5 inch stilletos.

And yes. I will be wearing makeup and will have my hair done.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 436
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 5:26:12 PM
castlehillsmile- For me, not wearing 6 inch heals is about trying not to fall and break my neck. :0
I will wear wedges, but it's safer for everyone if I stay in flats or nothing with more than a 4 inch heel. :D
 bamagrl68
Msg: 437
RANT
Posted: 11/12/2015 7:53:33 PM
drinkthesunwithmyface-(post#401) Oh, I hate that.
What channel are you not getting?
I'm asking because I MIGHT have a tip for you on how to watch a game online. :)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 438
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 3:55:54 PM
^ I just have over-the-air. I don't want anything more, because I'm not much of a t.v. person anyway...relatively, that is. There is either a ton of channels and nothing worth watching, or a lot of stuff that I'd watch and then I'll never do anything in real life if I have that. And I got stuff I'm more interested in doing than spending hours every night watching t.v.

My late discovery of The Walking Dead, originally thinking that it'd just be a stupid zombie show, has me watching it's re-runs, and I'm just about all caught up - half of a season behind the new one which just started. Btw...the last two episodes the other night seemed only about 30 minutes with 30 minutes worth of commercials each, and there didn't seem to be anything "happen". I've decided that this show is so genius that I've been dreading whatever formulas they've been using would eventually be disregarded to some extent and them end up messing it all up...am I about at some point where they mess it all up and it stops being so good? That would suck if so.

And I catch various PBS/OETA shows now and then. And an infrequent spattering of other stuff...All In The Family, Barney Miller, and even Shark Tank which I was surprised that I kinda sorta like sometimes.

And then there's NFL Football. If a team that I like is playing, the t.v. gets turned up and I get comfortable. But what happens sometimes...that I really hate...is that I'll check out a couple of online t.v. guides specifically for over-the-air and in my area, and it'll show a certain game scheduled. But when I tune in when the time comes, they're playing another game! Even once caught the pre-game show blabbering about the upcoming game that they're going to show...and when it's time, they don't show it but show another damned game. What's up with that?! Get me all excited and let me down. Arseholes.

But anywho, I probably won't bother too much with watching online...unless it's extremely trouble-free.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 439
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 5:00:27 PM

WTF? Are you nuts? A few emails, phone numbers are exchanged ... nobody owes nobody 'nothing". This is exactly the reason why so many people fail here.

In the dating world, many people don't have patience for those who are like "Yeah, hit me up, sure! I won't be home during [this stretch] today due to X, FYI..." Then when one hits them up with a simple question after that stretch, but they don't respond -- not a huge deal, no biggie. I guess that stretch lasted a lot longer, stuff came up, etc. But for those who aren't going to get overly-irked about that, you have one extra caveat -- they tell you the next day there was no stretch of time where their phone was going to be off, because instead, they did something else which was less time occupied... instead of being busy and stuff. Huh? Kind of weird/flaky to many, which even the non-super-sensitive people will definitely raise an eyebrow about.

Now if I was him and I found the girl real attractive, I would at least have given her a bit more of a chance for some 'splaining. I mean, that' just common courtesy if you're going to set the stage to very possibly talk but-my-phone-will-be-off, then oh-i-didnt-turn-off-my-phone-just-dont-care.

If he had asked that question or even any question really, or given me more than a few minutes to respond

He asked ya the question the day before, so you not seeing a movie warranted a response as to why you didn't respond. His 1st reply to your didn't-see-a-movie/out-with-a-guy was pretty much a question. He was impatient in you answering, yes. I can see at that point how he'd be frustrated.

That I did shut off my phone because we were in the theatre, that my friend was in rough shape so I stayed for a bit of time and that I would like to meet him for coffee in the afternoon.

But why didn't you tell him that? :) At this point you know you didn't respond to his question the previous night when you left the door open To contact, right? Just saying you didn't see the movie and you had to drive the guy home you're with -- can't ya see that's kind of a communication problem? :) Let's reverse gender roles:

- Girl digs me. I give her my # and tell her my phone won't be on during the movie I'm about to go see in an hour or so. OK.

- Girl texts me a few hours later and says "How was the movie?" I don't respond. At all, rest of the evening. Girl scratches head at end of the night that I didn't even give a response. Hmmm.

- Next day I respond non-chalantly that I didn't even see the movie, as I had to drive some chick home -- she had a headache. And I just leave it at that.

- Girl says that it must have been quite a drive. I don't respond in the next 5 minutes, and the girl impatiently is like "Yeah, you know what? just delete my #, see ya."
 bamagrl68
Msg: 440
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 5:57:52 PM
drinkthesunwithmyface- I'm with you about cable.
I gave it up for a long time, then got it back JUST so I could watch my games and the walking dead.
I had avoided watching it for a long time, because it's one of those things that you have to watch from the beginning and I also try not to watch too much tv.
My oldest son is a fan of twd and kept at me about it until I was like, fine, I'll watch it.
I made the mistake of watching it out of order and thought, "What is the big deal?"
SO, my son told me it has to be watched from the beginning, so finally, I watch it from the beginning.
Uh-oh, I broke my own rule about tv and binged watched for a while until I got caught up.
When it ran out on netflix, I was so hooked I got cable again. (yes, it's THAT good)
Then when it was over, I got bored with cable and went back to netflix.
Right now, netflix doesn't have the newer episodes of twd, so I've asked people not to tell me what's going on, although I did find out on facebook that my favorite character, Glen, might be dead. (he darn well better not be. If any body knows, no spoilers, please).
I can stream my games online (I'm into college games, not the NFL, so that helps).
CBS has the college games available online as long as they carry the game to begin with.
So, if it's only on ESPN, I'm out of luck.
(when I use CBS to stream the games, it's really easy, it's no hassle, I understand what you are saying, if I had to jump through too many hoops, I would just listen to games on the radio, which is what I do when only ESPN has the games I want to watch)
When I did have cable, I ended up usually watching things I can see online, for free or on netflix, at very low cost.
As someone too frugal to even like having a car payment (my truck is a beat up FordF150, but it's paid for), I don't like paying for cable when, as you point out, I don't watch 90% of what's on there anyway.
(shows I DO miss, but can still watch on netflix, (other than twd)I just have to wait longer to see them are -Bones, Chopped and How to commit the perfect murder-don't worry, I'm not getting tips, it's a REALLY good suspense/murder mystery type show that is another one you have to watch from the beginning, my daughter got me hooked on that one. One of the things we like to do when we get rare time together, when it's all 5 of us, is have dinner, talk and then watch netflix together (usually Sundays, about 2 times a month). I might start plugging my ears and going la-la-la, if any of them bring up watching something ongoing again :D)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 441
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 6:36:34 PM
One of the (many) things which make TWD so good is that people can actually die. You don't, not nearly as much as with other shows at least, constantly feel like you can rely on certain ones not dying. It's real in that way. In my re-run timeline, the most recent who I lament greatly is Beth. Great character. But it's genius that she bit it, and how she did so and everything that happened around it and afterwards. You love Glen...but it'd be better if he is dead instead of them get too gimmicky with their story-telling techniques of hanging you over the cliff and then bringing him back in some hokey way. Even Rick...if any character qualifies as a center of gravity that you can tell probably won't die, at least not soon...I honestly can't say that I know that he won't die. And that means that they're doing a decent job with writing and directing. I almost wish that he would die, just to keep that certain feel of the show alive. Hell, he almost 'did' once (as far as we could tell then), and the fact that it was plausible then is what says something about this show. But if he dies, they should first build in us a comparable attachment with someone else for his particular center of gravity, and personality. I figure that his son could definitely qualify for this. Having a young one like that step into that role would serve the possibilities in the unique way which makes this show so good and keeps it on the right track.

But anyway...this maybe belongs in the WD thread instead of here.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 442
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 6:49:48 PM
drinkthesunwithmyface- I can't go on that thread right now, I would find out what I'm missing.
I know what you mean, it IS good at shaking people up, doing things unexpected.
If netflix ever get's the new ones, I can join that thread again.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 443
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 7:03:01 PM
Well, I got screwed there - I didn't know that something was gonna happen to Glen in the first place, till I saw it in that thread. I haven't got there yet in my re-runs. But then I'm blessed with being able to compartmentalize a little...knowing a few things doesn't really spoil it too much for me. Unless I knew too much that is. But I don't know too much. And I keep from reading too much if in that thread.

v v Morgan...I dunno...it's so hard to match Rick's specific awesomeness. Seems like his son is the least of evils of choices. No matter what they do, seems natural that his son...and of course because he's his son too...becomes a major figure. I'd have that show-watcher's emotional attachment to him more. For a particular center-of-gravity role, that is.
 Chromis1
Msg: 444
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 7:03:30 PM

they should first build in us a comparable attachment with someone else for his particular center of gravity, and personality. I figure that his son could definitely qualify for this.

I think Morgan is being groomed for that role.

And my rant for the day is that I have no one, not even my son, to talk "Fargo" with.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 445
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 7:12:31 PM
^^^^ Huh?????

Yeah, you can tell I don't get much TV time can't you?? lol

My rant today.... Why do (most) men [today] have to ignore the fact that they've been platonically friendzoned and then wait around hoping the woman will change her mind, rather than being man enough to say - yanno, I'll leave.
Yes, I'm getting too many 'thinking of you' texts that do not feel at all platonic.... (and yes, I have made it quite clear, I'm not interested in romance including paying for all my own stuff when we do catch up.... )

this is not helping settle nerves for my upcoming half marathon tomorrow, in which I know I'm massively undertrained and overanxious for....
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 446
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 7:18:41 PM
^^^
Yanno, for every guy that can't take no for an answer, there's a gal that eventually says...When I first met him, I thought he was a jerk, but then he just wouldn't give up and I gave him a chance
 gtomustang
Msg: 447
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 7:24:38 PM
"Why do (most) men [today] have to ignore the fact that they've been platonically friendzoned and then wait around hoping the woman will change her mind, rather than being man enough to say - yanno, I'll leave. "

>>>becauseth...hope springeth eternal :)

actually, tho sometimes we men leave as soon as a better solution arrives. According to my mother, that's how my parents met...Dad kept hanging around her cheerleader practice, and then when he stopped, she said, "hey, where did he go?"

life is funny that way :)
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 448
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 7:44:47 PM
thanx guys...
I know this to be true... but once in a while, there's a true 'platonic' pal... I have one on the other side of the country... we're good mates.. he knows me to be a 'top shelf sheila'... and he knows where we stand....

I just can't live in that part of the country again. LOL
 Olivoil
Msg: 449
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 8:28:57 PM
Drinkthesun, you have me salivating. The last episode I saw was the one where they were corralled into the railroad car.
Thought I'd read some books for a while.
Back to Netflicks I go...
 Olivoil
Msg: 450
RANT
Posted: 11/13/2015 8:38:23 PM
Castlehillsmile, do you mean the stiletto tennis shoes made by Converse, when you say 'court shoes'? Those really rock! Can you share a pic?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT