Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 26
RANTPage 2 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Sorry, duplicate post. See below.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 27
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 10:31:02 AM
My rant? Life being too short; people I love dying and no one new coming in. Other than that, life is good.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 28
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 10:38:50 AM
People who are glued to their smart phones are missing out on relationships, conversations, social skills and the natural beauty around them. If I had a smart phone, it would become a hole in my pocket that I would disappear into. Not good for me.

Walking along the riverfront trail, a bald eagle swooped down over my head, heading for the nearby river. It was so close, I could feel the whoosh of air from its wings. Its wingspan was six feet across! The eagle hit the water and rose with a fish in its talons. Thrilling!

"Did you SEE that eagle?" I excitedly asked people around me. No. Everyone else had their eyes glued to their smartphones. They completely missed it. Seeing that eagle was a peak moment of my life.

Last summer I met a man who told me about trusting his smartphone instead of the map. He was hiking in the fabled Enchantments of WA State. A long, steep and grueling hike, the Enchantments are enormously popular. In the Enchantments the trail makes one "Y."

Instead of looking at the map in their packs, the group consulted their smartphones and turned left. They hiked seven extra miles, gaining more elevation, toward Prusik Peak. It was getting dark. Exhausted, the group finally realized their error. They turned around and hiked the seven miles back down to the Enchantments. Bone-weary, they made camp in the dark. A stupid mistake.

Norway banned all student smart phones, in all schools, in September 2014. Each school built a cell phone "lobby," a row of numbered cubbyholes. Each morning students deposit their cell phones in the same numbered cubby. Students may retrieve their cell phones only at the end of the school day.

The result: grades went up, the classroom atmosphere was calmer, and students were more social. Students problem-solved with each other more, and class participation increased. Reading increased.
 StarClassic
Msg: 29
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 11:31:01 AM

Oh cool. I'm gonna enjoy this thread now and then. What a genius thread idea. First rant...

Learn how to use your damned turn-signals!

I would gladly trade ya those for the dimwits that can't grasp the concept of a headlight dimmer switch. Even after I've flashed my passing lamps 2-3 times.
Got off work last Saturday morning at 4:30 and some mope had me near blinded on the highway. I could still see the centerline well enough to stay in the left tire groove so it wasn't too bad. It was when the grinner (possum) darted off the centerline into my path that things got exciting.
Grinners, are not classified as one of 'Natures Little Speedbumps' when you're on a motorcycle.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 30
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 12:30:33 PM

Learn how to use your damned turn-signals! Don't wait till you see an opening to change lanes before hitting your blinker...put that thing on beforehand.

Having lived in a large metropolitan city, let me tell you what turn signals really mean. Turn signals let those in the lane you are trying to enter know that they need to quickly close the gap to cut you off - how dare you want to come into their lane!
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 31
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 12:45:16 PM
People who stand too close to an elevator while waiting for it blocks those of us trying to get out of the elevator.

Life is good, actually, not much to rant about.
 StarClassic
Msg: 32
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 12:59:17 PM

Having lived in a large metropolitan city, let me tell you what turn signals really mean. Turn signals let those in the lane you are trying to enter know that they need to quickly close the gap to cut you off - how dare you want to come into their lane!

I drove through San Diego in a 79 Ford crew cab 4x4 highboy. Quite a few douche nozzles in their fancy import cars learned to heed my turn signal. One blink and five thousand pounds of four wheel drive pickup is moving over.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 33
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 1:30:22 PM
Oh I LOVE to rant. It's a hobby. Some people like to shop. Others like to fish. I like to rant.

The plus is that several employers have commented, "NikonGuy is always coming up with ways to improve things." (Yeah, we should mow the lawns THIS way, as opposed to THAT").

Off the top........................

1) People who park || <---------------- that close to you. Granted, I am a misanthrope, but regardless of whether you give a sh_t about your car or not, who wants to come out and find that they need a f__kin' can opener to get into their car? And, with as much as cars cost, who wants to pay $30, $40, $50k for a car, only to have it dinged the hell up before it's a year old?

Yeah, I tried parking in the back of the lot. Front, back, or middle; doesn't matter.

They like to brag about how much they "work out" Zumba, pilates, Crossfit, and whatnot, but they'll be DAMNED if they have to suffer the indignity of walking 500 feet to the front door.

1.5) Same thing with the F-tards who parallel park on an empty block, but pull up to a half a centimeter from your bumper. "Hey @$$hole, now YOU have to struggle to get yourself out when the block fills up, because you can bet another rocket surgeon will pull up a half a centimeter from your back bumper."

2) People who stand in line and don't have their FN money out. "Oh, you mean I have to pay for this? Give me a minute and let me dig out my post dated, 3-party starter check and 234 pennies."

3) People who pay for a pack of chewing gum with a credit/debit card.

4) The adult geniuses who are too busy studying their cell phones like the Talmud, while mindlessly walking across 34th & Broadway at rush hour. When I become King of America, if you get run over because YOU had better things to do than pay attention to your surroundings, "Oh well."

5) People who speak LOUDLY on their cell phones in public. Because they have to be so FN impressed with themselves. I know I'm always impressed when the person answers the phone and says, "Oh, nothing." (because someone called and asked them what they are doing). Or being forced to overhear the compelling trials and tribulations of Samantha going up and down the aisles of the grocery store. "YEAH, I'M IN WEGMANS RIGHT NOW. DAN AND THE KIDS WANT CHICKEN FOR DINNER. PASTA IS ON SALE. BUY ONE GET ONE FREE."

Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous.

6) Retail salespeople. Thank goodness for online shopping. My head hurts just talking to these people.

NikonGuy: "How much is this? (because there's NO F/N price tag on it OR on the shelf)."

Retail drone: "I dunno. I believe it's $79.99."

NikonGuy: "You BELIEVE, hunh?"
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 34
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 2:44:05 PM

Come here and have a rant.

Ha ha.
If I had the time, I could compose the longest post in POF history.

Some honesty would be nice.

Uh oh, there's that "nice" word again.

The man I met today is unemployed, homeless (being supported by family) does not pay child support and still thinks he is as he was in his glory days of the past.

How DO you manage to keep finding these guys?
You seem to have quite the knack.

Your turn........................

I used to get quite a bit of interest in my profiles.

I don't anymore.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 35
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 3:01:21 PM
NikonGuy007- I'm with you with the loud cell phone talkers (really, people in general that are rude with the way the use their phones).
I remember, two or so years ago, I was in a restaurant and there were these two women seated a few tables away.
Now, keep in mind, I'm hearing impaired, but this one woman's phone kept ringing, she was arguing with some guy named Mike (yes, after all this time, I remember).
Picture it, everyone else is TRYING to enjoy their dinner and here's this woman with her phone ringing, then she's arguing with this Mike, so loudly, even I can hear her, then she's hanging up, ranting to the friend, she does this over and O-V-E-R.
Finally I can't take it and tell the waitress we want to move.
After she sat us at our new table, I went BACK and walked up to her table and said "Excuse me", she puts her hand over the phone and looks up at me and hisses "YESSSSS?!", like I"M bothering her, oh, heck, no, I was already going to tell her off, but that took things to a whole other level.
So, I look at her and say, "You know, I'm pretty sure whatever you are arguing with MIKE about seems pretty important to you, but the rest of us don't give a rat's ass, so how about you PRETEND like you have some manners and take that phone outside?!"
She turned beet red, the friend is looking at her and then looking at me, heck, EVERYONE'S looking and we have this stare down that was EPIC, finally, she get's up without saying a word and goes outside.
With that I start to walk off and I feel a hand touch my arm and I look over and this man says "I'm glad SOMEBODY said something, but I'm curious, what would you have done if she hadn't gone outside?" I just smile and say "I have friends on speed dial, if I need bail money" and walk off with him laughing behind me. :D
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 36
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 3:15:40 PM
That just reminded me of something, and now I'm mad. Public libraries: Remember when people were supposed to be quiet? Not at my local library. People go there to visit. Loudly. And it's not just the patrons - even the librarians are loud talkers. It's not like I can ask someone to soften their voice - it's everyone. I just sit there and quietly fume D:
 ozarkguy
Msg: 37
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 3:39:07 PM
Since there have already been some highway rants.....mine is when you pass me on the interstate and pull back in front of me and proceed to drive 5 mph slower than I was driving when you passed me!!!

I no longer understand toilet seat rants since I saw an episode of Doctor's House Call on Sunday Fox News and one of the doctors mentioned how many germs and bacteria are released into the air when you flush the toilet, and how your toothbrush, hairbrush, wash cloth, towel, etc. are in the nearby vicinity. Being a single guy living by myself, if you come to my house you'll always find the toilet seat AND the lid down.
 Olivoil
Msg: 38
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 3:51:33 PM
Great hair advice, Bamagirl.
I have layered hair just a little longer than you, sealady.
I have never had long hair before, but wanted to see what it looked like in my fifties. My ex discouraged me for years, saying it would make me look old. But everyone else seems to disagree, now that I have grown it.

This is the simplest way I have found to get nice, natural waves overnight..... While your hair is slightly damp, twist it around itself into a bun on top of your head. You can use one of those no damage hair elastics if you need to, to keep it in place, but mine seems to stay firm, like a birds nest while I sleep. In the morning your hair has perfect waves, not too 'done', not too messy. Both sides are even.
You may have to tweak the bangs a bit if you have them with a straightener, but I think you will love the results.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 39
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 4:56:26 PM
Ozarkguy- I heard the same thing on a episode of Bones.
So, I went and looked it up, and yup, it's true, I also leave BOTH lids down. :D
Now, you have to tell me (please), which way does the toilet paper go, over or under?
Inquiring minds want to know ;)
Over, right, please say over :) :D
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 40
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 6:43:22 PM
Bamagirl-----The toilet paper is supposed to go OVER. It even says so in the bible.

I have heard that thing about germs flying through the air from toilet flushing
and,
it may be true
but,
with these low water, energy efficient toilets, it's difficult to believe. They barely get all your business down the hole.

Now,
the old school toilets from "back in the day"?

Yes, those things had power. I can believe the germs flying through the air as mist.

Oh, I have ANOTHER rant. Maybe I have just had the misfortune of living around particularly lazy, slovenly, reprobates
but,
in the last two places I have lived,
the neighbors will sit out garbage bags, gaping WIDE open.

WTF?

"Uh, would it be too strenuous for you to subject yourself to the tyranny of actually TYING the bag the F up?"

Like the f'ing handles/drawstrings are there just for decoration.

People!

Who does this?

Nothing like a bag of garbage spilling out and cooking on a hot street in the summer.

Just the fact that (the downsides) of this would need to be explained to an adult (homeowner), tells me all I need to know about human nature.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 41
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:03:45 PM
NikonGuy007- Now you've gone and done it, don't EVEN get me started about littering.
Oh, that is just sooooo :(
I was bringing my son home from school and two cars in front of me, this idiot decides to clean out their car going down the road, I'm not kidding, plastic cups, fast food bags, god knows what all, coming out their window at 50mph.
You would think people wouldn't do it, if for no other reason there is a 500 dollar fine here if they are caught, OR the police WILL stop them and make them pick up EVERY scrap of litter for hours.
When I go to get in my car, I see stuff on the ground and even though I probably shouldn't, I pick it up.
What the heck, were these people raised by wolves??!!
Btw-my faith is now restored in mankind, I KNEW the toilet paper went OVER. :D
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:26:05 PM
bamagrl68 :

The toilet paper goes OVER the top

Do you mean so that the part you'd grab is on the front? If so...then yea. That makes so much sense. What's up with that? If not, if you mean the other way...then, what the hell?

halftimedad :

I hate how German cars don't seem to come with turn signals

They don't?? That don't make no damned sense.

kj521 :

Is it fair that some men get more distinguished and handsome as they age? And me? Pffft! I just age!

If it makes you feel any better, just think about it a minute. You've seen some men who didn't age gracefully. You have, just try to remember. So, the point...I've seen women my age and older who aged very damned well. And men who didn't. So it's still just a matter of either you're good-looking, or not. Not gender-unbalanced.

So well...feel any better?

Clooneysmentor :

Drive thrus with the window on the passenger side

Wtf? Where's this at??

NJgirl116 :

people I love dying and no one new coming in

Hey, there can be only one!

Literate_Hiker :

Walking along the riverfront trail, a bald eagle swooped down over my head, heading for the nearby river. It was so close, I could feel the whoosh of air from its wings. Its wingspan was six feet across! The eagle hit the water and rose with a fish in its talons. Thrilling!

One of the memories which I'll keep forever which is simple but beautiful is when once I was riding down the road on my motorcycle and a flock of birds passed across 90-degrees to my direction of travel...exactly sideways across the road...at ground level. We passed right through each other. Birds went under my arms, even under my motorcycle, etc. And no one touched. A moment of gracefulness. Mm-mm-mm.

Last summer I met a man who told me about trusting his smartphone instead of the map. He was hiking in the fabled Enchantments of WA State. A long, steep and grueling hike, the Enchantments are enormously popular. In the Enchantments the trail makes one "Y."

Instead of looking at the map in their packs, the group consulted their smartphones and turned left. They hiked seven extra miles, gaining more elevation, toward Prusik Peak. It was getting dark. Exhausted, the group finally realized their error. They turned around and hiked the seven miles back down to the Enchantments. Bone-weary, they made camp in the dark. A stupid mistake.

Those damned things can't even get things right in the human world - in a city. Trying to hike or camp in the wild, and not knowing how to handle yourself out there...using some damned g.p.s. or direction-giving device yet not aware of your surroundings with your own eyes and ears and mind, they deserve to get f-cking lost.

StarClassic :

those for the dimwits that can't grasp the concept of a headlight dimmer switch. Even after I've flashed my passing lamps 2-3 times.

Uh-huh. Carry a little bag of rocks for those special occasions. When you pass, toss a small handful sideways.

Grinners [possums], are not classified as one of 'Natures Little Speedbumps' when you're on a motorcycle

Oooh. No, I wouldn't think so. Bet it got exciting indeed.

JoeBnD :

Yea, there are those people too. Life in the big city! Some cities with more traffic have different rules for driving.

But hell...there's at least one place where I'm at where there's a yield-sign on both sides of the service road before an off-ramp empties out, and for some odd reason they just keep going - but when I'm coming off of that highway, I hold my horn down and play chicken with those f-cks. Am driving a bigger utility truck, and I win. They move over and slow down real quick. F-cking retards. v v

(StarClassic)

I drove through San Diego in a 79 Ford crew cab 4x4 highboy. Quite a few douche nozzles in their fancy import cars learned to heed my turn signal. One blink and five thousand pounds of four wheel drive pickup is moving over

Yea, just like that ^.

Says something about different kinds of people - those who only respond to power and who has it, and those who try to live according to some cooperative code and have self-discipline.

NikonGuy007 :

6) Retail salespeople...My head hurts just talking to these people.

Oh...GOD. I hate some of those mother f-ckers.

I noticed 3 decades ago that there seems to be a public-relations & customer-service culture which is all it's own. In their own little world. They have this us-versus-stupid-customers attitude. Across the board - be it fast food, cell phone provider, greenhouse, you name it.

Told a hamburger joint "no sauce" on my hamburger. They put sauce on it. After a teeth-pulling conversation, I find out that they have a sauce which is named "sauce", so that they withheld that "sauce" but still put some other stuff on it. I told the white-shirt that they should tell people that, and he actually said "you didn't ask". Why the F-CK would I know to ask something like that when I don't know?? In another world, I'd have come across that counter and brought about an understanding in the Clint Eastwood way.

That reminds me of my first introduction to this crap. In this case, a hamburger joint incident (macdonalds). My first time there. Place was busy. Didn't feel like deciphering the menu, knew what I wanted, and was trying to hurry and help them and everybody waiting. So I said "I just want a regular hamburger". Got it, sat down, and found this dinky-assed happymeal joke of a hamburger. That's when I figured out that they have a hamburger which is named "regular hamburger". But the "regular hamburger" is what they call that tiny thing that don't have sh!t on it which they put in the kid's happymeals. Gosh damn it!

And I hate those "floppers" (as in basketball. look it up.) Pretending that something is happening when it isn't, in order to "handle" you. They really should be knuckle-slapped in their f-cking face every-damned-time they pull this sh!t - One of the many problems that they have is that they have this top-10 Q & A list in their heads, so that when you ask something, they interrupt and assume that you're asking something that you aren't, and rattle off some jibber-jabber which has nothing at all to do with what you're asking about. Well, this one time, I kept having to say (calmly) "you're not listening to what I'm really asking". So some other guy says he's the supervisor and told me that I have to "tone it down, or they would refuse service to me". I was already "toned-down", but he was only tuning into the words that I said, so assuming that I was getting irate, when I wasn't even close to that. But he tried his damnedest to make it that way. [insert extreme violent vulgarity here]

Anyway, got many stories, but you get the idea. I hope.

bamagrl68 :

After she sat us at our new table, I went BACK and walked up to her table and said "Excuse me", she puts her hand over the phone and looks up at me and hisses "YESSSSS?!", like I"M bothering her, oh, heck, no, I was already going to tell her off, but that took things to a whole other level.
So, I look at her and say, "You know, I'm pretty sure whatever you are arguing with MIKE about seems pretty important to you, but the rest of us don't give a rat's ass, so how about you PRETEND like you have some manners and take that phone outside?!"
She turned beet red, the friend is looking at her and then looking at me, heck, EVERYONE'S looking and we have this stare down that was EPIC, finally, she get's up without saying a word and goes outside.
With that I start to walk off and I feel a hand touch my arm and I look over and this man says "I'm glad SOMEBODY said something, but I'm curious, what would you have done if she hadn't gone outside?" I just smile and say "I have friends on speed dial, if I need bail money"

Bail money. Yea. Priceless. Score one for you.

Whatsamatterbaby :

That just reminded me of something, and now I'm mad

Hahahahhaa!!!!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 43
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 9:19:11 PM
Ohhh good, a thread I can sink my teeth into.

Why must women automatically assume that men only want one thing? (Pulls out soap box and steps up) I am NOT other men. I distance myself from them as much as I can. Just about everything I do, is what I think is right. I am I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-A-N-T. What other men's opinion is, means nothing to me. I approach you, my way. You have decided to live a certain way. Fine. I respect that. I'm not out to change you. (Unless you drive like sh-it, then I'll say something) If I message you, then it would only make sense that I just might be ever so slightly interested in you, for OTHER reasons beyond sex. Call it being novel, but I actually READ profiles! The longer, the better. If it's a novella, peachy. If by chance you write one like that, happen to say that you like chocolate covered ants, and you kindle my interest, I just might ask you why.

(Steps off soapbox, but stashes it within reach)
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 44
RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 9:49:04 PM
Drinkthesunwithmyface:

Those damned things can't even get things right in the human world - in a city. Trying to hike or camp in the wild, and not knowing how to handle yourself out there...using some damned g.p.s. or direction-giving device yet not aware of your surroundings with your own eyes and ears and mind, they deserve to get f-cking lost.

It seems more people are coming unprepared into the mountains. As if their smartphones will magically protect them. Mountain weather can change on a dime. I awoke to six inches of snow at Lake Colchuck at 6,000 feet on a Fourth of July weekend.

Apparently I was the only person who looked up the weather at Stevens Pass before hiking to Lake Valhalla last June. (High of 50 degrees and 70 percent chance of rain.) Even my male hiking partner forgot his jacket. It's a 5.5 mile hike.

Everyone else was in T-shirts and shorts. Suddenly black clouds rolled in, a piercing, cold wind began blowing, and cold rain began falling. The temperature dropped 20 degrees. I calmly zipped on pant bottoms and a down jacket, covered with a raincoat/windbreaker. Comfortably warm, I sat down on a log to eat lunch. My hiking partner shivered miserably. Everyone else fled. They simply weren't prepared.
 sealady111
Msg: 45
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 1:24:32 AM
WHY when you want to take a photo, CLICK the take picture button, does the camera, (or camera on the phone) wait just long enough for the dolphins to vanish under the waves before taking the image???

Leaving you with a pretty picture of water.

p.s. the dolphins were sighted a little further up the harbour coming in the heads.
One swam and dived just in front of our bow.

Magic.

BUT..... I have no proof.

pps Sailing photo taken today. Another stunning day in paradise.

ppps... Yes message 35, I think I have a magnet for men like that.
 TimidTraveler
Msg: 46
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 5:16:06 AM
This rant is more about myself than with other people.

When you have an Angry Resting Face and that's the first thing people see assuming I am pissed off or upset with that person that happens to catch my gaze. It's a pain in public, constantly have to remind myself to look down to the floor or away from other people's view. In most cases they stare at me believing that I was looking in their direction with a grimacing expression or they promptly apologize to me to amend whatever wrong they assumed I had with them. I can't help it when my muscles are relaxed my facial expression is very hostile and uninviting. Combine that with general anxieties, low self-esteem, and a passive personality; there's no recovery when that is their first impression of you.
 spot4username
Msg: 47
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 5:31:45 AM
Toilet paper goes over. That is how it is pictured in the patent.
 five-marie
Msg: 48
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 5:43:40 AM
TimidTraveler, I also have an angry resting face. All my life I've heard "Smile"! Or been referred to as a b@tch. I can't help how my face looks!
Rant, people who park in front of the grocery store because they're too special to park in the lot. It's never the old/in pain people. It's always 20-50 somethings. Yesterday a woman parked right in the crosswalk where the ramp is to push your cart into the lot. Everyone had to bounce their cart down off the curb.
 TimidTraveler
Msg: 49
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 5:53:10 AM

Toilet paper goes over. That is how it is pictured in the patent.

Tell that to people with cats, they are extremely curious and when they find something that occupies their attention they play around with it. In the case of toilet paper seeing it dispense paper as they paw at it towards itself... well, they are going to do that until it stops giving paper and you now have an entire roll of toilet paper on your bathroom floor.
 spot4username
Msg: 50
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 7:40:42 AM
^^^ *headtilt* Doesn't your bathroom have a door?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT