Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 476
RANTPage 20 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Seeing a turd with no toilet paper surrounding it really perturbs me.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 477
RANT
Posted: 11/16/2015 12:44:01 PM
Thats when you call 911/CSI because you have a floater...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 478
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/16/2015 3:29:25 PM
The auto flush may may you jump. I'd rather have that than finding out the previous user didn't. One other little thing happens with these auto flush cans- The batteries go dead. There is no electric going to these valves, thus battery powered. Who in their right mind is going to the local service counter and notify them that their cans don't flush?
 Maleman999
Msg: 479
RANT
Posted: 11/16/2015 3:41:43 PM
I don't like the ultra-modern washrooms, where I have to imitate David Copperfield, by waving my hands around like I'm performing a magic trick to get things to work, like flushing the toilet, turn on the tap in the sink, and getting the paper towel dispenser to work.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 480
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/16/2015 3:55:12 PM

Seeing a turd with no toilet paper surrounding it really perturbs me.

I always find that a turn-on. Nothing better than doing that when you're over at her place. It enhances the mood!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 481
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:37:00 PM
No paper towels, and only air-blowers. Arg!

Getting the sensor on the sink to work so you can get some water for your hands, and it not staying on long enough to do anything. Arg!

No pepper shakers on the tables at my Mcdonalds, the little pepper packets not being out and having to ask for them, having to say "ok I need a few more. Now a few more", tearing each one open while my stuff gets cold. Arg!

Norway guy - Friendzone : I getcha. I just don't like all that thinking. The whole friendzone thinking culture to begin with. Seems hokey and bubblegum teenybopper.

csillagjanos -

Not very Christian of you, I'd say.

Well now, that is a problem, isn't it? What exactly is "Christian", or "Muslim"?

"The Hebrew Scriptures, the Christian New Testament, and the Quran contain stories urging compassionate living, social justice, an ethical conduct. The collective weight of all passages in these texts that advocate ethical behavior or present evidence of a loving, compassionate God cannot, however, overcome the violent images and expectations of God that overwhelm these 'sacred' texts. God’s violence or human violence justified in service to God is sometimes understood to be the principal means to justice in, or at the end of, history. At other times, ethical conduct is urged under the threat of God’s punishing violence. God’s violence is at times so pervasive, unpredictable, vindictive, or destructive that it reflects a deep and troubling pathology. In such cases, we can say that if human beings acted as God does or as God tells them to act, then they would rightfully be considered certifiably insane. Religious violence prevalent among the followers of monotheistic faith traditions is not primarily a problem of believers distorting their 'sacred' texts. It is, rather, a problem rooted in the violence-of-God traditions that lie at the heart of these 'sacred' texts."

- Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer

"Of course, there is a crucial moral difference between those whose faith tells them to murder innocent people, and those whose faith tells them to respect life. But the difference is not something we can get from faith. The Islamic militant who believes he is doing the will of God when he flies a plane full of passengers into the World Trade Center is just as much a person of faith as the Christian who believes she is doing the will of God when she spends her days picketing a clinic that offers abortions. Faith cannot tell us who is right and who is wrong, because each will simply assert that his or her faith is the true one. In the absence of a willingness to offer reasons, evidence, or arguments for why it is better to do one thing rather than another, there is no progress to be made. If we try to dissuade people from becoming radical Islamic terrorists, not by persuading them to be more thoughtful and reflective about their religious beliefs, but by encouraging them to switch from one unquestioned religious faith to another, we are fighting with our hands tied behind our backs."

- Peter Singer
 Maleman999
Msg: 482
RANT
Posted: 11/16/2015 5:42:21 PM
^^^I totally agree with everything stated. I never have and never will understand the concept of murdering anybody and everybody who has a different religion, and then have sermons where people are told to love and respect all people.
It sounds like some groups are trying to replicate the Christian Crusades, where Christian crusaders went to various countries to convert everybody to Christianity, and anybody who resisted or refused to convert was promptly killed.
 gtomustang
Msg: 483
RANT
Posted: 11/17/2015 9:22:34 AM
I suspect more than a few people come to a religion looking for justification of what they believe in, and keep looking thru the branches until they find it. I don't think they come tabula rosa into the wrong center of worship and get converted over.

As for restaurants, I hate when they don't have a bottle of condiment on the table, but bring you a thimble-sized silver container with a drop of the condiment you wish for your lunch or dinner. cheap bastids. reminds me of the old rule, the more expensive the restaurant, the worse the butter is to spread. but how many restaurants put out rolls anymore?
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 484
RANT
Posted: 11/17/2015 9:48:06 AM

............how many restaurants put out rolls anymore?

Texas Corral. The hostess greets you and grabs up a basket with hot rolls, leading you, to your table. Delish!

My rant? Gotta go to work today, AGAIN, Sheesh! LOL
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 485
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/17/2015 11:35:19 AM

Norway guy - Friendzone : I getcha. I just don't like all that thinking. The whole friendzone thinking culture to begin with. Seems hokey and bubblegum teenybopper.

I don't see any "culture" in using the term friend-zone. The only culture I see is one where it's k00l & fine to be 1-on-1 friends in a friend-zone with someone who likes you and thinking that's OK, etc. I don't see that so much as a culture -- but more of a multi-generational thing.

Calling something friend-zoning though is something to bring Understanding and Clarification. People can be clueless. Bob likes Sally and is hanging out with her. He thinks she likes him but is just going-slow, and is too chicken to make a move or ask her what's up. Bob's friends break it to him that she doesn't like him and he's just wasting his time. That doesn't seem to make sense to Bob -- why would she want to be hanging out with him? Attention (or male specifically) is why, as someone who likes you is going to be a positive experience. It's a complicated scenario so "Bob, she Friend-Zoned you," draws out the boundaries. The last thing we need in the social scene of life when it comes to girls & guys is a quantum blur on what-is. We already have that with the "Friends First" *game* some people play. :)
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 486
RANT
Posted: 11/17/2015 9:34:50 PM

Attention (or male specifically) is why, as someone who likes you is going to be a positive experience. It's a complicated scenario so "Bob, she Friend-Zoned you," draws out the boundaries. The last thing we need in the social scene of life when it comes to girls & guys is a quantum blur on what-is. We already have that with the "Friends First" *game* some people play. :)

my rant is the automatic assumption that every person who has opposite friends gender is a: an attention whore; b: playing with their feelings and just trying to trophy catch, and c: looking for a free meal.

I am colorblind to race; so when i meet people I see them as a person; and treat them accordingly. When I meet people and find someone interesting, I like conversation etc. If it is with a woman people don't automatically assume I am wasting her time and am a trophy hunting lesbian; so why would the fact hte person happens to be male equate with it being a game, a scalp hunting or anything other than a person enjoying another person's company because the person's company is enjoyable?

Why does that HAVE to be a game? I honestly don't get how cynical so many people are. I treat people with value regardless of their gender, and I don't cut contact with a person just because they are a different gender than me. No agenda, no entitlement, just one person enjoying who another person is and sharing a view of their world.

Why can't a person be like that without being tarred and feathered and convicted and executed as automatically a disengenous callous time thief?

liking people because people are likable is not a crime. Why do so many people make it one?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 487
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/17/2015 9:59:52 PM
I think the self flushing toilets are a good idea. how often have we seen something floating in the bowl when we go to use a public facility? More times than I care to count.
 tangofish
Msg: 488
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/17/2015 10:27:35 PM
Once I took the most beautiful dump, it was exquisite in length. It came up out of the water and rested on the side of the bowl. I was so impressed that I had to leave it in tact, undisturbed, and un-littered with toilet paper. So I had to go to another stall to whipe my ass.

Now I dont know what the next person thought when they laid their eyes on that beautiful turd. But if they had any decency and an appreciation for art, they would have marveled over the sight, and left it for the next person to witness.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 489
RANT
Posted: 11/17/2015 10:34:28 PM

Once I took the most beautiful dump, it was exquisite in length. It came up out of the water and rested on the side of the bowl. I was so impressed that I had to leave it in tact, undisturbed, and un-littered with toilet paper. So I had to go to another stall to whipe my ass.

Now I dont know what the next person thought when they laid their eyes on that beautiful turd. But if they had any decency and an appreciation for art, they would have marveled over the sight, and left it for the next person to witness.

this thread has literally gone to sh*t
:)

^^ when i am at the airport tomorrow I will make sure to treat every floating turd with the reverence that they apparently deserve... :)
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 490
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/17/2015 10:45:30 PM

Speaking of poop being art, one could say it's subjective... in our town, there's a machine that 'poops' (in the name of art) every day at 2pm...
that's seriously taking bowel action regularity to extremes...

however, my 10yo potty humored son wanted to see it... so after waiting over an hour for the process to occur... his response "well that was rather antic-climatic wasn't it?"

link to video for those that can't get down this way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVyhGNMMgvo
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 491
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 3:34:31 AM
WHAT^^^^

Jessie, this cannot be serious!!!
I have been wanting to visit MONA - Museum of Old and New Art as I have heard people raving about it.

But if that is an example of the art that is on display.... YUUUUKKKKK
Give me the European Masters anyday.
 Maleman999
Msg: 492
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 7:57:21 AM
I'm waiting for the day when somebody sees a pile of poop and says it looks exactly like Jesus, since the image of Jesus appears in so many forms-on toast, a potato chip, various cooked foods, that shroud of Turin, etc.-as if anybody knows what Jesus actually looked like (for those who believe in Christian religion). Couldn't that image be of any man from back then, or the toast or potato chip resembling the local hippie who is stuck in the 1960's?
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 493
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 4:17:17 PM

“Listen, punk. To me you're nothin' but dogsh!t, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogsh!t. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog sh!ts ya!”

- Harry Callahan
 gtomustang
Msg: 494
Art's movement
Posted: 11/18/2015 5:09:56 PM
say everything you want about Clint Eastwood....his Dirty Harry movies must have the top 15 best lines in movies. But then I figure a great comeback is the one that "closes the door" on the person, leaves them with no good comeback.

and still, there will be that chucklehead...who tries. and doesn't recognize their lame line failed.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 495
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 5:11:43 PM
I remember back in high school, 3 or 4 hours before our football game but 10 minutes before school was over for the day, we all sat in locker room just waiting around (we were in weight training and about 80% of the football team was in the class and the class was all football players) a teammate of mine by the name of Kenny went to the bathroom and just stayed in there for a good 20 minutes. Another teammate by the name of Tyler later went in and let out a huge "Of my ****ing God!" he runs out and says "Someone left the biggest log of shit I have ever seen in my entire life" we all thought it was the biggest guy on the team a 6'2", 290 lb, defensive tackle and fullback who's name was Jesse, he kept denying that it was him, until Kenny who was around my size at the time if not an inch shorter but a big thicker, 5'8 or 5'9" about 180-185 lbs finally admitted that it was him who did it. Tyler was impressed and kept imploring us to see it for ourselves. The reaction was the same.

"I don't want to see that shit" until the person goes back to the bathroom. "Holy shit! You guys have to see this." I finally went go see myself, it was in the perfect shape of a log and the entire length of the toilet bowl and it was 2" wide. We kept pulling people in as the school went out to show them, coaches, other teammates, classmates, people not even on the team. Needless to say Kenny was so embarrassed.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 496
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 7:24:12 PM

Message #497 :
I'm waiting for the day when somebody sees a pile of poop and says it looks exactly like Jesus, since the image of Jesus appears in so many forms-on toast, a potato chip, various cooked foods, that shroud of Turin, etc.-as if anybody knows what Jesus actually looked like (for those who believe in Christian religion). Couldn't that image be of any man from back then, or the toast or potato chip resembling the local hippie who is stuck in the 1960's?

This reminds me of Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo.

https://youtu.be/_ABUYLeyR3k
 shutterblink
Msg: 497
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 8:33:07 PM
Today's PSA - Public Space Invader

If we are in a line up (in this case - airport security) and I can feel your breath on my neck
And you are not Jeffrey Dean Morgan

You are standing to close to me.

At a minimum I should be able to have my bag on my shoulder and turn a circle and not hit you with my bag. If you are within that range... you are a space invader. If in doubt, immediately take 2 steps back or to the left.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 498
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 8:34:35 PM

Jessie, this cannot be serious!!!
I have been wanting to visit MONA - Museum of Old and New Art as I have heard people raving about it.

MONA is not your 'conventional' art by any stretch of the imagination... but there are certainly some interesting pieces...
I have a couple of favorites...

David Walsh did very well... with finding a place to store his collection
[anecdotally] I'm told he 'manipulated' the scenario for obtaining the Moorilla estate...
Not bad for a fellow who made his millions through gambling...

Now, as for why we're all here...
In my pursuit of interest about love and dating, I decided to start going to professionals... yanno, couples who have been married for eons... I'm consulting with them.. and the wives all conclude they went for the 'rejects'...
and have met in or around hardware stores...

I explained I keep hitting the hardware stores and I get are tools of the electronic powered variety...

::le sigh::
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 499
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 9:42:16 PM
When I go to the hardware store I find the same.
Or they are delightful and introduce me to their wives.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 500
RANT
Posted: 11/18/2015 10:23:59 PM
well made it through two airports, one massive flight delay, an extremely flirtatious TSA agent, a shuttle to the rental car delay, a rental car itself delay (but got free upgrade because they ran out of cars)...

and not one beautiful floating turd. Damn...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT