Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 501
view profile
History
RANTPage 21 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)

my rant is the automatic assumption that every person who has opposite friends gender is a: an attention whore; b: playing with their feelings and just trying to trophy catch, and c: looking for a free meal.

There is rarely if Ever any automatic assumption like that. Almost everyone has opp-sex gender friends. It's when they're 1-on-1 friends, and 1 likes the other, while the other doesn't and friend-zoned them but still wants to be 1-on-1, is where very Sound assumptions will take place. :) Also, if the friend-zoned guy is buying her meals -- (c) is a correct assumption to be had. If you're just friends and friend-zoned, wtf is she doing going out with him 1-on-1 getting free dinners, right? Far from a mere assumption! :)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 502
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/19/2015 4:17:10 PM
- Unbelievable that we can even appreciate a well-formed or sizable turd, and talk about it so casually and gleefully. So, how about this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

- Exactly how is "friends first" a game?
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 503
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/19/2015 5:51:20 PM
Nothing like appreciating a good turd...
When I've done a good one, being his 'friend' (rather than mother) I race out to get my boy and say "beat that"....
He HATES his mom being better than him... (as most kids that age do)

If we are in a line up (in this case - airport security) and I can feel your breath on my neck
And you are not Jeffrey Dean Morgan

You are standing to close to me.

I admit, I had to google MrMorgan... I 'could' negate my 'cleanshaven' boundaries for that fellow....

but Space Invasion is something I hate... yet I'm guilty of it in 'inappropriate' cases... so hard when you're getting 'mixed messages' too... how to interpret... especially when over your lifetime, you have had a phvcked up sense of boundaries and 'errk' understanding.

Rant: why do some bugs and virii take an eon to eradicate out of your body??
It appears I was still unwell when I did my half marathon last week... no wonder I was so farked when it came to training, breathing (without bronchodilators) and finishing...

(however, I remain adamant that if someone invades my space while I'm virally unwell, the onus is on them... not me.... )
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 504
RANT
Posted: 11/19/2015 6:59:14 PM
I had to google him as well.
Magnificent eyes that sparkle when he smiles.

You completed a half marathon?

WELL DONE.......
Cue the celebratory band music
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 505
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/19/2015 7:40:26 PM
^^^^
Fourth & final participation in the world's toughest half marathon... (21.4km UPhill)
came in 3rd from last female runner... three hours thirty nine minutes and 50 seconds... (qualifying time is 3hours forty mins)
Funnily enough, this year had the record number of 'female' participants... [older] women are really figuring this 'living life' stuff out.

and after taking off my socks that night, I realised my podiatrist is going to LOVE me!!!!
 Seki1949
Msg: 506
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/19/2015 11:39:36 PM

I am colorblind to race...

What is this 'race' of which you speak?
 StarClassic
Msg: 507
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 6:45:40 AM
^^^ I think that's where ya put bullfrogs on an inverted trashcan lid and poke'm in the butt.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 508
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 8:45:17 AM
moonbeamlover
... an extremely flirtatious TSA agent

You do know when they pat you down that it's not flirting? Right? lol Glad your travels are going well even if slow.
Evojessie, congrats on your marathon! Been a long time since I even tried a 5km.
I did find a longer youtube video on MONA and got a better idea what the artist (?) was trying to do. Still rather yuk.
Drinks, I never knew unicorn hemorrhoids caused glitter?

Le Pew
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 509
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 9:04:16 AM

I never knew unicorn hemorrhoids caused glitter?

LMAO!

I'm gonna add that nugget to my PoF quote book, right next VK's story about stalactites and kleenex.

Speaking of VK, I saw her cute face flash across the top of my screen the other day.

She's out there somewhere...
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 510
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 11:46:20 AM

moonbeamlover
... an extremely flirtatious TSA agent

You do know when they pat you down that it's not flirting? Right? lol Glad your travels are going well even if slow.

thanks kindly and lol; no, this one didn't touch; he wanted to be a standup commedian... the one who patted me down the one time? Flirtatious was not the word that came to mind... I almost offered her a cigarette after she was done she was so thorough.. yikes...

I did find a longer youtube video on MONA and got a better idea what the artist (?) was trying to do. Still rather yuk.
Drinks, I never knew unicorn hemorrhoids caused glitter?

Le Pew

unicorn hemorrhoids?

glitter?

am i missing something?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 511
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 1:44:05 PM

- Exactly how is "friends first" a game?

It's a game when you're renacting that you're just friends At First. It's an oxymoron in action. "Friends First" = *just* friends at first. Purely platonic at first. That happens in life when they ask a couple "So, how did you guys start dating?" and they respond with "Well, we were just friends, at first... but then one day, we're all at this party, and we seemed to connect on a different level, we kissed, he asked me out, and we took it from there."

So when meeting strangers on a Dating site, people will try and re-enact that situation, which yes, is a Game. Cat's out of the bag. You already know it's not purely platonic, otherwise you wouldn't be meeting off a dating site. Otherwise they'd agree to be your wingman (like any good platonic friend will do) to pick up the waiter/waitress that's serving your table.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 512
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 7:18:29 PM
moonbeam, Drinks posted a humorous link about "Squatty Potties" and had this rather air headed (but cute) Prince Charming (or was he a King?) and an obliging unicorn who provided the demonstration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

If your tsa lady was at Chicago O'Hare, I think I went through her que a few years ago... fingers in pockets and all.. geez. BTW, never wear jeans with metal studs on the back pockets...

Back to cleaning house. I get to spend the weekend with my Handsome Man and I am thrilled!

Le Pew - who has a slight Fabuloso buzz going on... geez that stuff is strong smelling!
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 513
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 7:18:51 PM
moonbeam, Drinks posted a humorous link about "Squatty Potties" and had this rather air headed (but cute) Prince Charming (or was he a King?) and an obliging unicorn who provided the demonstration.

If your tsa lady was at Chicago O'Hare, I think I went through her que a few years ago... fingers in pockets and all.. geez. BTW, never wear jeans with metal studs on the back pockets...

Back to cleaning house. I get to spend the weekend with my Handsome Man and I am thrilled!

Le Pew - who has a slight Fabuloso buzz going on... geez that stuff is strong smelling!
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 514
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 8:56:10 PM
shuttleblink

did you turn and say back off? I do but I do try to be nice... then holy, not so much hell. I do let them know, I do not like how close they are but got tooo run.. I have a wasp in my room... I am really allergic...

Le Pew
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 515
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 9:48:30 PM

ah gotcha. I will check it out. You sound relaxed lol (i hear you about the buzz... still in phoenix so hit the desert outside whirlpool with wine so REALLY relaxed... back to the room to workmore on my client database with lord of the rings on in the background... life is good :) enjoy your fabuloso buzz and your handsome man helping you clean. Sounds nice :)

no, mine was not Chicago O'Hare, she was MSP and she did not stick to pockets, she hit every inch three times over. when they asked if i wanted privacy i figured it would be a normal movie like quick pat down. She did teh full on finger to chest ankle to inner thigh grope. Three times. The male agent actually started apologizing... but i came up clean; but literally almost asked her if it was good for her... it was ridiculously thorough. i don't think i look THAT scary...

(but will remember to avoid rhinestone back pocketed jeans) :)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 516
RANT
Posted: 11/20/2015 11:38:49 PM
CAN THE PEOPLE WHO SPEND WEEKENDS WITH THEIR WONDERFUL.........
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RUBBING IT INTO THE OPEN WOUNDS OF THE REST OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO ARE SINGLE AND SPENDING SATURDAY NIGHT AT HOME WITH THEIR DOGS!!!!!!!!!

End of rant.
All calm.
And hoping for world peace.

:)
 cooldog65
Msg: 517
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/21/2015 11:08:14 PM
^^^^^ Is it rubbing it in if I'm spending the evening with a bunch of hot chicks?

Sadly, they're only on my phone screen.
 crabdipper
Msg: 518
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 1:24:28 AM
I've noticed a few mechanical minds here so you might enjoy this. Many years ago I would have had steam blowing out of my ears, but now I realize it's just the way it is and tomorrow is another day.

I'm so close to finishing a bathroom renovation in a 100+ year old house. Going in I knew to expect the unexpected. That is always the case in an old house. After tons of thinking, beating, banging, cutting, prying (only pooped my pants twice), more thinking and a few bad words I'm to the point of installing the one handle shower valve. The homeowner isn't a fan of plastic so I have to sweat (solder) copper tubing. Kind of a pain, but not the end of the world. Everything looks good so I turn the water on. "GREAT", I said to myself. Not a single leak. I was expecting to have at least one bad joint. Then, I hear water dripping. It's coming from the shower head. I try to close the valve but it's closed. Open and close again. Still dripping. Take it apart to check for dirt. Nothing. Must be a bad diverter cartridge. By the way, I have changed a few of these things over the years and I have never seen anything designed like this one.

I live 20 miles from the closest Home Depot where it was purchased. Customer service was great. They understood everything was installed and one part was the problem so they said get another box and they will give me that one part. There were only two boxes left and one was opened and the other was taped closed. That is not how the manufacturer ships them. I knew they were both returns and I couldn't hold back my laughter because that is when I knew the outcome to this project. I went to the replacement valve section and there it was. I had nothing to lose so I took it up front and the customer service rep said I had to buy it because it's not from a complete set, it's a replacement part. They offered a 20% discount so I bought it because of the time it would save.

All is well. I'm heading back feeling good because this shower will be working in 5 minutes upon my arrival.

Now you don't think I wrote all this bvllshit because the shower actually worked properly, do you ?
FVVVVVVVCK NOOOOO ! The damn thing still leaked at the shower head. No smoke from my ears. Just a few softly spoken bad words. I checked the reviews on the Internet and found, "I ain't the only one." Before you tell me I should have checked the reviews first, I didn't buy it. I'm not saying I wouldn't have, but I didn't this time.

Engineers confuse the hell out of me. They are always trying to fix what ain't broke. It's a valve. You know, those things that have been around for hundreds of years. They over engineer everything so much they confuse themselves. Hence all the screw ups. They can draw the entire electrical system for a 100 story building, yet struggle to hook up a light switch. How can that be ???????????

Tomorrow is another day and it will be wonderful.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 519
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 4:24:56 AM
I sympathize with you.

As an engineer myself, we joke that we don't have time to fix it right, but we'll fix it again
 purplerider1200
Msg: 520
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 6:30:10 AM
I deal with that on a weekly basis. If it's copper, then it has to literally sparkle before it will solder properly.

Plastic
No, pvc-cpvc is just too breakable. Show it one degree under freezing and it'll break. Believe it or not, there is an alternative-

Pex tube. THE answer to all. It's freeze proof. I took a piece, filled it with water, plugged both ends and stuffed it in my freezer. No breaks, it stretches when frozen. You can tie it in a knot and it still works. It freely bends. Short of radical, tight bends, it flexes freely. They make fitting for those tight bends. Use Shark bite fittings, (Or Gator bites) to couple it to old plumbing. No threads? No issues, just make sure the pipe's clean.

Pex is EASY. I can plumb a bathroom in an hour using a roll of pex and a hand full of fittings. Water heaters- ten minutes. And that's only because I had to move the old one out of the way.

Now, the tools are expensive to work with Pex. I'll set you back about $200, buying the cutter, crimp tools, ring splitter. Use it once, and you'll WON'T want to part with it. Got a leak with Pex at a fitting? Crimp it again, the ring didn't get compressed enough.

It is truly GRIEF FREE plumbing. (Of pressure pipes)
 ohenryx
Msg: 521
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 8:39:07 AM

castlehillsmile
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RUBBING IT INTO THE OPEN WOUNDS OF THE REST OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana, I read over in the other thread about your being stood up, and for what was supposed to be a third date. That hurts, but it happens.
I, too, spent Saturday night alone. But I was out dancing Friday night, and spent all day Saturday with a group of women from my Meetup group at the Texas Renaissance Festival. Lot of fun, great people watching. I could have had a date, easily, but I choose to stay home and finish a plumbing project that I started Friday and didn’t quite finish.

Purplerider, you did not read the post by crabdipper carefully enough. He did not have a leak, he had a “drip” at the shower head. My project was very similar, actually. I have two bathrooms in my home, and the tub/ shower in the second bathroom hasn’t been used in well over a year. So I had a guest, and when she tried the shower, no hot water.

Okay, I have no experience with single handle bathtub faucets, so I look up a video on youtube. Easy stuff, 10 minute repair. I started this little project on Friday afternoon, about 2 p.m. Only 4 hours later, I get the new one in well enough to turn the water back on so I can take a shower in the other (main bedroom) and go out dancing. No, it isn’t fixed properly, the faucet has a “trickle” (worse than crabdipper’s drip), but good enough for temporary. The guest bathroom looks like a major disaster area, but …

So Saturday evening, I go back to Home Depot, buy another Moen cartridge ($35 plus tax), and redo the job. This time it does take only 10 minutes, and everything works right, no trickle, no drips. Of course, it took an hour to clean up the bathroom, but all is well again.

Sometimes finishing up a job that you started, getting things fixed, knowing you did it yourself, is better than having a date. Maybe not as good as getting lucky, but better than just having a date.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 522
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 9:23:54 AM
I would marry the man (or woman?) who invented PEX or Shark Bites. LOL

My rant is that there are so few alternatives to doing a shower surround that are not tile or some kind of plastic /acrylic coating. I have cement board up and am seriously thinking about putting in ship lap planks and create my own design and colour combo's. I have had friends say it is a mistake but if you can use it on the exterior of a house it should be fine as long as it is sealed proper. Maybe... Kind of...

Le Pew

Diana, I am so sad the date didn't happen for you but I guess at least you know early on what a jerk he is. My weekend was snow and ice delayed so I spent it with the dogs too.

From a few posts back... my Fabuloso buzz wasn't from a wine but a strong household cleaner that smells of lavender. The only cleaner I know of that you have to air your house out after using so you can still breathe. lol Works really good though!
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 523
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 2:31:55 PM
Thank you Henry.

Instead of my 'date' which was supposed to be sailing on Saturday, perhaps for the weekend, on my boat.
I went to visit my mum, spent Saturday night at home solo not feeling very happy but booked myself into sailing on Sydney Harbour on a 12 metre Americas Cup Yacht. Had a great day.

Even with spectacular alternatives it still hurts.
The rudeness hurts as well.
HOW DARE PEOPLE BE SO RUDE.
A PHONE CALL OR TEXT TO CANCEL IS NOT DIFFICULT.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 524
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 2:39:59 PM

I went to visit my mum, spent Saturday night at home solo not feeling very happy but booked myself into sailing on Sydney Harbour on a 12 metre Mericas Cup Yacht. Had a great day.

very sorry that happened to you Castle...

but sailing on Sydney Harbour sounds WONDERFUL. Doing that rather than wasting time on someone so inconsiderate that they can't be bothered to take two seconds to communciate with you? You are lucky you found out now; it hurts but it's WAY better to know before you have a ton of time and emotion invested; and then find out. still, hugs.

Enjoy the heck out of it (and know your mom probably loved your spending time with her too; so you made HER happy...)

have a blast on your sail!!!!!
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 525
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 9:51:56 PM
castlehillsmile

MANY YEARS AGO SOME ASS KILLED MY DOG AND I STILL MISS HER.
I CAN"T SPEND SATURDAY NIGHT AT HOME OR ANY OTHER NIGHT or day, WITH HER.
So stop rubbing it in!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT