Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NJgirl116
Msg: 526
RANTPage 22 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
^^^I've been alone too long.

The stories of people doing a million things on weekends, with all these people around them demanding things to be done for them, only cause pity/horror within me. I spend 90% of my weekend on my back in bed or on my ass in a chair, recovering from the extremely stressful job and all the overtime hours during the week.
 tangofish
Msg: 527
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 10:03:40 PM
WILL MY NUTSAC PLEASE STOP STICKING TO THE INSIDE OF MY THIGH WHEN I TRY TO SLEEP!!!

moonbeamlover
Msg: 528
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 10:09:25 PM
^^^

well that was surprising...

though I guess technically that WAS a rant...

carry on...
 crabdipper
Msg: 529
RANT
Posted: 11/22/2015 10:42:37 PM
Tango - This should help.

I.C.E. Down Cold Pack

★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.

$5.99

Gel formula stays cold longer
Double walled tube prevents leaking
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 530
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/23/2015 4:29:38 AM
Grrraaaaaagh....

Monday night, child free and I'm the IT illiterate trying (unsuccessfully) to install the new Office pack (and other programs) onto new educational resources computer...
these gizmos are all way beyond me now... gone are the days when I could treat them like men and simply turn them on and play with them ;-)
yeah, I don't want to but I'm going to have to call the IT support that I bought with this.... (I hate the phone - moreso since recent headcold left my ears blocked)
Meanwhile, puppy has been most awesome company... even if he does keep resting his nose on the 'caps lock' key on the keyboard....

So to leave the rant on a note of gratefulness (considering Thanksgiving this week) other benefits of sitting back on solo time tonight is that I haven't had to get dressed up to put on 'dress' shoes on feet that lost two toenails in last Sunday's half marathon..... bonus.... lol
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 531
RANT
Posted: 11/23/2015 4:56:02 AM
Shouldn't have to go to the grocery store to e-checkout condoms.

7/11 needs to get their sh!t together.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 532
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/23/2015 3:50:19 PM

My rant is that there are so few alternatives to doing a shower surround that are not tile or some kind of plastic /acrylic coating. I have cement board up and am seriously thinking about putting in ship lap planks and create my own design and colour combo's. I have had friends say it is a mistake but if you can use it on the exterior of a house it should be fine as long as it is sealed proper. Maybe... Kind of...

You might consider PVC T&G planking. That wouldn't warp. I'd caulk the joints as you put it up, use stainless steel finish nails. I don't remember if FRP adhesive would bond to cement board. If it does, then I'd use that. It grabs quickly, holds firm.

Didja put the cartridge in wrong? I've done that loads of times. Sometimes doing that can damage the seals. When all else fails- read the instructions. (I'm GUILTY of that myself)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 533
RANT
Posted: 11/23/2015 6:02:32 PM
I have seen some great alternative shower walls.

Stones... use pebbles instead of tiles or any type of sealed rock.
Glass......
Corrugated iron... Very common Australian roofing. A great rustic look. Even moreso if you have some rusty pieces.
Stainless steel.
PVC planking could be OK.

Something to consider.
If you dye your hair at home then rinse it out in the shower check that whatever you use on the walls will not change colour evertime your hair does.

Also do a check with soap.
Black tiles and grout look spectacular when clean.
Icky when 'dirty' with white soap.

Bascially do a check with just about everything you think would come in contact including bleach and other cleaners.
 crabdipper
Msg: 534
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 12:20:17 AM

Didja put the cartridge in wrong?

Purple,

It was installed from the factory. This style will only fit one way. It's a sealed clear unit. Imagine a drum in a drum with 3 matching holes. The outer drum is fixed and the inner drum rotates. Similar to a ball valve. It's, actually, a very simple design. The only seals are external and they are fine. The leak is internal. The water does not shut off completely. My guess is poor machining after a second failed unit and research shows other people had the same problem.

I'm sure you would understand if you saw it.

In my life I have listened to more than 1 guy b1tch and moan while I was reading instructions. When I'm done reading I fix their screw up. Daddy always said, "RTFB."

The homeowner purchased a new unit, different brand. Everything is installed and working fine. Just a little sheetrock above the surround and this job is done.

Thank You.
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 535
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 5:11:18 AM
Madhouse barking, poo bombs & demands for attention. Don't think I'm a dog person. Drivers that indicate at last minute or not at all, or won't slow down as you're crossing the road (hate to see 'em at a school crossing). The clowns that yell out of their car at you as they drive past. Feral no hopers who have zero respect for others. Food manufacturers that pretend their product is somehow more beneficial healthwise because of less sat fat in chips for example despite being still high in overall fat as well as salt.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 536
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 7:36:14 AM
High tech printers that won't reveal how many pages have been printed since the last cartridge change.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 537
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 12:45:17 PM
MACHINERY????

I concur on printer cartidges. They seem to have been preprogrammed to fail or start printing extra bits on the most important documents.

How about robotic vacuum cleaners... you know... the ones that chase the cat.
Mine cries when it gets lost or stuck.
It now has decided to operate properly for 10 seconds then make a horrendous noise like it caught the cat and it is being strangled.

I have attacked it with a screwdriver and pulled it apart, removed what I thought should be removed and replaced what I thought should be replaced. Could not see any cat. But it is still being strangled.

Of course the instruction manual has been stolen by the alien abductors.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 538
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:54:26 PM
If you ever get your hands on those alien abductors I've got a few questions about socks I'd like to ask them.
 StarClassic
Msg: 539
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:02:01 PM
Again with, MACHINERY????
Extruders that sit hot and idle while operators play with themselves out in the parking lot.
I give up on trying to ramrod deadbeats. I ain't paid for it anyway.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 540
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:59:16 PM
I would say upfront, that you want someone who is financially comfortable sealady, as you are. If the guy turns up and shows he has been dishonest, I would just get up and leave. Serves him right and leave him the bill as well.

How pathetic is that man who stays mostly in his room and contributes nothing to the household. He would have to be getting a pension or some kind of welfare after all.

I would not allow some joker I met twice to hurt my feelings when he didn't show. I would be angry of course but not for long. You lost nothing and I think you need a thick skin for this online dating lark. He not texting you showed you that he was not one to bother with and that was the message he wanted to convey it seems. It is about him and not you.

Man, you could write a book on all your experiences!!!!. I admire your eternal optimism and persistence.
 goldenbear60
Msg: 541
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 5:53:20 PM
I think some should be much more up front in their profiles when searching for a mate and simply state things like 1). MUST be 6' tall + and lean, 2). MUST make over $100,000.00US per year, 3) MUST have minimum of $500,000.00 in retirement investments, 4). MUST have generous pension plan, 5). MUST own your own home, 6). MUST be intelligent (with copies of degrees). This makes much more sense than "likes walks on the beach, hiking and laughter". Instead of saying yes to meet someone just because they are alive and breathing and then complaining about it later, be up front.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 542
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 5:59:52 PM
Letitia, many people have said I should write a book.
Have started and written about 8 chapters but as a writer...........I should not quit my day job.

As to eternal optimism and persistence????
I will confess that I have started to visit a psychologist to help me admit that it is futile and that I should give up looking.
10 years. Met over 600 men. Sleeping cuddling pillows and waking to tears on my pillow and reaching over and noone is there, is not a good way to be.

As I think Henry said in another thread, I am fine till I let down my guard.
I either need to accept I will never again feel a lover's touch or become a man hater or get lots of cats or become a seducer of husbands .
None of those options appeal.
And then there are all these wonderful men on here and who I meet everyday who are so tantalising...........

Apologies for the sad rant.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 543
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:46:42 PM
Some need to know that on line is no sub for a friend.. instead of getting angry when they get called out
My rant tonight is that any child - enemy of my enemy or not
Must go hungry, cold.. or worst. alone
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 544
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 7:55:28 PM
I have a first meet with a man on Sunday for coffee / brunch who knows about Schroedinger's Cat.
My 'giving up' therapy is not working very well.

But you never know if the cat is alive or dead until you open the box.

Noone should be hungry, cold or alone.
Peace on earth and good will to all.

Sounds like Christmas is coming.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 545
RANT
Posted: 11/25/2015 10:45:03 PM

I have a first meet with a man on Sunday for coffee / brunch who knows about Schroedinger's Cat.
My 'giving up' therapy is not working very well.

But you never know if the cat is alive or dead until you open the box.

Noone should be hungry, cold or alone.
Peace on earth and good will to all.

Sounds like Christmas is coming.

good luck on Sunday! Hope you have a blast...

and ditto... on the peace on earth good will to all...

(and would add to that no one should be unseen, unheard and unloved.)
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 546
RANT
Posted: 11/26/2015 6:06:30 AM
My Rant.
I was awakened at 7:45 this morning to the neighbors dogs barking and the people fighting. It went on for almost an hour. She was screaming and throwing/slamming things so hard that my windows on my house were vibrating.

So please send some of the Peace On Earth to my street here in Toledo.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

LePew
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 547
RANT
Posted: 11/26/2015 6:09:03 AM
Blue collar love is noisy and grates on the nerves.

Rant - Mr Apnea sleeping in the unit behind me. His snores reverberate through my wall.

I need to find a hot momma so I can slam my headboard into the wall and wake him up.
 goldenbear60
Msg: 548
RANT
Posted: 11/26/2015 6:25:33 AM

I will confess that I have started to visit a psychologist to help me admit that it is futile and that I should give up looking.
10 years. Met over 600 men. Sleeping cuddling pillows and waking to tears on my pillow and reaching over and noone is there, is not a good way to be.

Over 600 men? So if you rejected half of those or more, 400 or so, you probably have a good idea as to why. Do you have any gut feeling asntomwhy 300 or so rejected you? Maybe your psychologist should talk to half a dozen of those guys.

Dating at this age is not for the faint of heart or those looking for unicorns.
 Maleman999
Msg: 549
RANT
Posted: 11/26/2015 8:10:06 AM
If you were meeting over 600 men, you probably got their names mixed up, which can be a deal breaker. You should've asked them to wear name tags.
 midnightrun2
Msg: 550
RANT
Posted: 11/26/2015 8:20:18 AM

meeting over 600 men

Wow, that's a lot of first meets to have and everyone of them was a no go? That's just crazy.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT