Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 601
RANTPage 25 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Penelope, my apology is in message 570...

Today's rant.
I seem to have a flashing light on my forehead saying "FREE PROSTITUTE"

Today I had my boat tied up at the wharf awaiting some workmen.
A man brought his boat to the same wharf and we had a chat.
He lives locally, is a carpenter and does odd jobs.
He offered me his business card but did not have them on him so I asked for his phone number and sent him a text.
As we both had some free time I offered him a cuppa but he declined and left.

He then returned my text saying it had arrived and apologised and texted
"Sorry if I was a bit getting on to you... you are an attractive lady"

I responded "Thank you for the compliment"

Him "You are so welcome, thought I scared you ;) Sorry if your married;)"
Me: "Ha ha. No, not married. I am single." Then gave him a report on the work being done on my boat."

Him: Just like her owner... a sexy boat she is... I am single the last 8 years, don't mind the independence mmmmmm but miss some things in life though.
I will be straight honest and forward... I feel very attracted .......

Then continued with sexting.

I have not replied. Just checked now I am home and he has sent
"Sorry if that in any way offended you."

WHAT THE???
At first I thought he was friendly, talking about his work, boats, the challenges and joys of living on the water, with no road access, how his son gets to school and what time his son will be home later today.
Then I accepted a compliment. Made me feel good being complimented with no makeup, barefoot, hair flying in the breeze, wearing a swimsuit and Tshirt.

Or so I thought.

SINCE WHEN DOES BEING FRIENDLY TRANSLATE TO FREE PROSTITUTE.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 602
RANT
Posted: 11/29/2015 9:50:03 PM

Then continued with sexting

I'm afraid I'll need to see this part to give an informed assessment of the situation.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 603
RANT
Posted: 11/29/2015 9:51:19 PM
Ha ha ha ha..

Sorry I do not use those sorts of words.
Not even in texting.

It included "I feel very attracted to a little bigger and older woman... always had that....."
And devil emoticon thingies. Telling me he is 42 and his 9 year old son will not be coming home straight from school.

Oh I forgot to mention that the reason he gave for declining my coffee offer at 11am was that he had just started a beer.

Should I reply??
Something like.... my 25 year old son who is in training for the welterweight boxing in the Olympics has found your texts very interesting. He is on his way to pay you a visit. Just want to confirm your house is the second one from the ferry wharf?

Congrats to Chromis and Moonbeam.
My envy is showing.
I wish you all the best with your respective paramour.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 604
RANT
Posted: 11/29/2015 11:19:38 PM

"I feel very attracted to a little bigger and older woman..

Just exactly music to your ears... Sorry to hear.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 605
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:56:53 AM
Just saw a profile which said "I must have your first and last name and address".

Saw another that just said "ask", but this one said "just ask please". She's even pleading that we ask her something.

I had an idea...from now on, whenever any of us run across a profile which says something like "just ask me anything and I'll tell", send a message which first repeats what they wrote so they'll understand where you're coming from (like "you want me to just ask, huh?") and then ask them something crazy and random, and just a little difficult, like you'd hear on Jeopardy. Or "what's the square root of blah blah". Or "ok, what's in my shirt pocket". Or the kind of thing that you'd ask "Dear Abby".

To a just-ask profile, I sent a message which said "no, I'm not going to ask you anything. Even if you say please. I clicked on your profile to get some of that first basic information. You wasted my time. If you can't write something, then I wouldn't be compelled to message you over the last hundred who also say "just ask".

Yea, I know, I'm so mean.
 spot4username
Msg: 606
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:53:25 AM

SINCE WHEN DOES BEING FRIENDLY TRANSLATE TO FREE PROSTITUTE.

You must have left a lot out of the conversation that you relayed here. I see a guy perhaps crossing some boundaries with a stranger but not looking to hire you as a prostitute. If anything he was hoping for an easy roll in the hay. Perhaps he got the wrong impression when you texted him rather than just saving his number for business purposes or inviting him to leave his card on your boat when he had some. When I take a person's number for business reasons I don't immediately text them. I contact them when I need to do business with them. Perhaps he got the wrong impression when you invited him for a cup of coffee. That is usually something a person does when they are "interested" in the other person. Perhaps when you responded to his initial text testing the waters instead of shutting him down he got the wrong impression.

pros·ti·tute
ˈprästəˌt(y)o͞ot/Submit
noun
a person, typically a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment.
synonyms: call girl, whore; More
verb
offer (someone, typically a woman) for sexual activity in exchange for payment.
"although she was paid $15 to join a man at his table, she never prostituted herself"
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 607
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 7:17:01 AM
^^^ uh, spot,

You must have left a lot out of the conversation that you relayed here. I see a guy perhaps crossing some boundaries with a stranger but not looking to hire you as a prostitute. If anything he was hoping for an easy roll in the hay

it seems you may have missed one key word in her rant... it was the word "free".

a free prostitute IS a person who is only interested in a quick roll in the hay. i don't think there was ever an offer of money anywhere in his offer to go to her place after he finished his beer and uh, get friendly.

castle and sweetness, thank you very kindly; know I am sending good vibes both of your ways... keep being your fabulous selves and keep living life with passion; you'll find him (and castle, ugh on the guy's "way with words...". he SERIOUSLY thinks you're going to be interested in getting it on with him on the spot after he says he likes bigger older women? Smooth dude there... you gotta laugh...
 idiggeology
Msg: 608
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 7:59:22 AM
Hello and I have the same complaint about women just looking for someone that is financially secure AND OWN THIER OWN HOME. Face it people life can suck and then kick you when you're down RIGHT? Living with family IS NOT HOMELESS. when parents get to the point of needing help with living situations such as they CANT COOK any more, CANT STAY HOME ALONE any more ETC ETC... rather THAN PUT THEM IN A HOME WHERE STRANGERS TAKE CARE OF THEM, SOME OF US CHOOSE TO MOVE OUR PARRENTS in with us. AND when people use the past tense in profiles LIKE- [I use to own my own home] They are trying to show you their track record. DUHHH. Quite possibly their EX ran off with her high school boyfriend and left the bills and debt so they were forced to sell the home they
[USE TO OWN] !
 Chromis1
Msg: 609
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 8:07:22 AM
Moonbeam, congrats, too ... the hope is that we don't see each others pics here again, eh?

Sweetness, if a felled tree doesn't do the trick, I don't know what will. :)
 spot4username
Msg: 610
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 8:34:32 AM

^^^ uh, spot,

"You must have left a lot out of the conversation that you relayed here. I see a guy perhaps crossing some boundaries with a stranger but not looking to hire you as a prostitute. If anything he was hoping for an easy roll in the hay"

it seems you may have missed one key word in her rant... it was the word "free".

a free prostitute IS a person who is only interested in a quick roll in the hay. i don't think there was ever an offer of money anywhere in his offer to go to her place after he finished his beer and uh, get friendly.

castle and sweetness, thank you very kindly; know I am sending good vibes both of your ways... keep being your fabulous selves and keep living life with passion; you'll find him (and castle, ugh on the guy's "way with words...". he SERIOUSLY thinks you're going to be interested in getting it on with him on the spot after he says he likes bigger older women? Smooth dude there... you gotta laugh...

There is no such thing as a free prostitute. The very definition of the word means there is payment involved whether monetary or otherwise. There are lots of other words for what you are referring to. That is what he was hoping he had come across.

For whatever reason the thought he could hit it. We don't know why. We weren't there. We do know that she texted him and continued the dialogue farther than most would in a business situation. I would have shut him down immediately. Of course I never would have texted him in the first place or invited him to have coffee. But that's just me. Lots of other people may have done what she did. I'm just not one of them.

I realize the posse is going to come after me again as I go against the grain. *shrug*
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 611
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 8:43:00 AM
Congrats to those that are hopeful...keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Oh Castle....I agree, his follow up texts were obnoxious and presumptious....to assume you were that type of woman.
Some men think you are flirting with them if you are simply being friendly.
I have male friends that if someone speaks to them in the super market....they think they are flirting.
One friend.....invited the younger woman for a coffee, which she politely declined....he felt embarrassed because he misread her 'intent'.
Anyways....best of luck!

I realize the posse is going to come after me again as I go against the grain. *shrug*

You and me both....I don't care either.....maybe I'll come back as a faceless TROLL ...hahahaha !!
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 612
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 9:41:05 AM

.............the hope is that we don't see each others pics here again, eh?

LOL, We welcome headless/pictureless, Forumites here all the time. Although, I prefer to SEE who I'm talking to/with.
Just curious, Chromis.
To show a pic or not to show a pic? Why not? Has no bearing on one's relationship status.

I fail to see the need / the necessity, the reasoning behind eliminating a pic in one's profile, if only for dating purposes. You can hide your profile from all searches on the dating side of POF. You will only be visible to us, in the Forums.
You can include info in your profile, to reflect your present dating status.
To each his/her own of course. I just don't assume a pictureless profile is due to, a person, dating at present.

LOL And the doggie is so cute!

My rant? WHY oh why, are weekends always toooooo short?
 Chromis1
Msg: 613
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 11:43:41 AM

To show a pic or not to show a pic? Why not? Has no bearing on one's relationship status.

I fail to see the need / the necessity, the reasoning behind eliminating a pic in one's profile, if only for dating purposes. You can hide your profile from all searches on the dating side of POF. You will only be visible to us, in the Forums.

LIR, I understand what you're saying and I agree. I've already been invisible on the dating side for a while. I go picture-less at times like now for my own benefit. It helps me to reinforce, in my head, where my focus should be. No pics, to me, means "I'm out" - except for that one person. I also see it as a gesture of respect, but that's just me.

But, you're right - to each his/her own. :) I understand and appreciate all approaches.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 614
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:43:05 PM
Chromis.
I agree with you.
Whenever I have been concentrating on one person I have gone invisible initially and then deleted my profile.
I wish you all the best.

In the interests of completeness the rest of the 'obviously inviting' text that I sent that began the sexy texts is verbatim...

"The work on SeaLady continues. The rigger says my furler needs replacing. So no easy sailing yet. Stickers are almost half on. She is looking very pretty."

FYI SeaLady is the name of my boat and I had a rigger and a man putting on her figurehead and name stickers that were damaged in the accident. Both of these two men were efficient, knowledgeable, polite and wonderful.

Two out of three aint bad?

vvvvv Hi Jessie, welcome back.
I just found a new doctor. Mine retired and I did not like the revolving selection of other doctors in the practice. Good luck, especially outside a major centre. I was lucky. My new one is a lovely lady, with a nurse practicioner and she bulk bills. Happy days.
That redirect thingy seems to come and go.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 615
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:03:23 PM
TEST post... I have been victim to that 'redirect' crap,....

and looks like I have some catching up reading of the other forumites to do (moreso) since I've taken myself out of the dating pond and hidden my profile...

Rant: trying to find a new medico after our 'annual visit for referrals and physicals' regular GP retired this earlier this year and her spot/practice appears to be running on daily/weekly locums.... and the practice is half an hour away at the other side of town...
I'm not looking forward to interviewing new medicos who won't listen to my alternative points of view.... especially while I'm currently ill again.

Between lack of suitable men to date, and medicos for my family's physical health, it seems like a good time to save the extra $$$ and relocate out of this town....

Edited to Add: yay, it worked.... smile on da dial....
 gtomustang
Msg: 616
rant and roll, people
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:35:11 PM
during the downtime here, i was catching up on emails and one from a married dating coach in Texas who suggested that men don't get dates b/c they neuter themselves too much in this age of sexual harassment. suggested that a fellow should walk right up to a dressed up attractive woman, and congratulate her on dressing "like a woman" and not hiding behind drab clothing styles. don't comment on her body, just on her choice of dressing like a woman...and i guess hope she knows what that means (well, maybe she does and that's why she chose that to wear today).

"Serve notice that a man is here!" was the title of the mass email. Supposedly a compliment on her dressing in a feminine way, and letting her know you have respect for women showing off their sexuality without actually hitting on her or making a demand. Wait for her to be so glad that a man finally "took charge" and "showed leadership"

waddafck.

Ok, let's be honest there are some women who would see it as a compliment. They chose their clothing for a reason. Maybe they are "old fashioned with Southern values". With a certain tone of voice, it might come off as just a statement, an observation. And maybe if the guy looked like a certain pig, that might help :) but i could see it being worthy of a slap on the face in many, many other scenarios. certainly there's a post here about strangers who assume too much too soon.

Meanwhile, after two concerts last weekend, my actual rant is people using their cellphones in a dark concert area. again, WTF, you can't step away from your amazing exciting life for an hour or two while someone works up a sweat on stage to perform for you? in a dark room you think no one sees your face lit up with your screen?

this new form of communication might have an effect on the future generation. I can't imagine thinking asking the boss for a raise, via text, is going to ever be considered a good idea, but if you don't practice "FaceTime", how will you go talk to the boss? more importantly, if we get into habits of talking via text rather than via facetime, is it easier to dehumanize what a person says, when there's no longer a face connected to it?
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 617
rant and roll, people
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:56:47 PM
gtomustang...

Interesting about the married dating coach.
The one I was seeing for a while was a married man.

Mr text from yesterday just sent me another apology text.
Must have dropped his son off to the ferry to school.

He has my phone number.
Surely if you want to apologise to someone you have met and spoken to, in real life, you would use the telephone for voice communication.

Sheesh.
 spot4username
Msg: 618
rant and roll, people
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:30:44 PM

Mr text from yesterday just sent me another apology text.
Must have dropped his son off to the ferry to school.

He has my phone number.
Surely if you want to apologise to someone you have met and spoken to, in real life, you would use the telephone for voice communication.

Sheesh.

Why is he still able to contact you? Clearly you desire his (voice) apology and ??? or he wouldn't be able to text you. If you found/find him so offensive - block him. Easy peasy. I prefer the app that just picks up and hangs up. You never even see the call or text. Out of sight; out of mind.
 ohenryx
Msg: 619
view profile
History
rant and roll, people
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:46:39 PM
Diana (castlehillsmile), I think you may have overreacted a bit. I’m not sure, because I wasn’t there, I did not witness the events. And I can’t possibly see this from your (the woman’s) point of view.

But I have been around a lot of years, and I am a people watcher, I see things, I notice things. And being a good listener, I hear many, many interesting stories, from both men and women.

The kind of woman I like (my ex-wife comes to mind), can handle just about anything a man throws at her (short of physical violence) with aplomb. Not lose her composure, not become mad, or distraught, or get her feelings hurt. If a man is too far forward, too soon, a very simple declarative statement, such as:

No, thank you. I am not interested in you in that way. Period. Please do not go there again.

Nine times out of ten, that will do the job. No reason to get upset, or lose your composure.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 620
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:01:14 PM

…don't mind the independence mmmmmm….

What does this mean? Seems like you were disclosing personal information to him, along with the invite for coffee, led him to believe you may be interested in some fun with him.

CastleLady, I don’t understand you. You post a LOT about your disappointments with men but seem unwilling to consider suggestions that it just might have been something you said or did, however inadvertently, that prompted the behavior you consider inappropriate from men.

Wait…now you want to talk to a man you’ve accused of wanting to use you as a “free prostitute”?

a bit of thoughtful introspection might be helpful to you.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 621
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:05:08 PM
Diana...

All is good and personal message sent.

Lets just think of the Elton John song..

Can you feel the love tonight....?

*rant* I agree it has been a frustrating holiday weekend with the site going down.

Le Pew
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 622
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:47:43 PM
Well, I feel that all the debate about the "free prositute" gentleman is based on what may well be an eroneous assumption: That the he wasn't willing to pay. Did he actually SAY that? I thought not.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 623
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:49:27 PM
Well, you know what they say, "You get what you pay for."

I'm still available for no money at all. For a limited time only.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 624
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:28:42 PM
^ This is MY turf, Bucko.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 625
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:47:34 PM

To a just-ask profile, I sent a message which said "no, I'm not going to ask you anything. Even if you say please. I clicked on your profile to get some of that first basic information. You wasted my time. If you can't write something, then I wouldn't be compelled to message you over the last hundred who also say "just ask".

Yea, I know, I'm so mean.

She wasted your time? How about you wasted your own time, by messaging her instead of passing her by and moving on to the next profile. I fail to see the logic behind contacting a person you're clearly not interested in.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT