Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 626
view profile
History
rant and roll, peoplePage 26 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)

...my actual rant is people using their cellphones in a dark concert area. again, WTF,

Yep, annoying. Also annoying is being a captive audience to the highly personal things people discuss aloud on crowded buses. Don't they think anyone can hear? Eek!
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 627
view profile
History
rant and roll, people
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:54:17 PM
Newbie here. Oops. My first post now is the overheard conversation one. It looks like the first one is floating in Limbo.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 628
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 5:14:06 PM
My new rant..............
Living in an apartment complex and having people above you that argue ALL THE TIME.
It's hard for me to listen to, I'm almost deaf in one ear, but sometimes I can hear them like they are in MY apartment.
Yes, I've complained and yes, they have received a warning.
Still, as bad as my marriage got, towards the end, even we didn't argue like THIS.
God, divorce already, kill each other, but STOP waking me up at 6 in the morning, especially on the weekends. :(
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 629
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 5:41:20 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^Holy...She's right! You are obsessed with her...let it go!
I have been on these forums for years, she speaks her mind like many other women on here do....you don't ike it...ignore her.
Cripes I looked at your posting history today....you seem to have a vendetta for her...unreal!!!
You act more like a banished/blocked man or lover....are you?
 gtomustang
Msg: 630
the rant that can't
Posted: 11/30/2015 5:45:55 PM
I hear ya, Bama, if ya know what I mean. Used to live in a complex with paperthin walls, I don't think you could phart without the phellow in the phlat the phloor below phrom phinding out. Phreaky. Come to think of such things, a young couple living below apparently had a violent past, she went screaming out of the place one night and knew exactly where in the neighborhood to find a payphone to call the po-po. Yay for planning ahead.

he got his come-uppance, tho, dead a few weeks later of an aneurysm. Apparently the only thing he couldn't beat.

and yes, the 6am wakeup call does suck. you need to return the favor with a dripping faucet.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 631
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 5:50:49 PM
Bamagirl

I recently had someone move in above me....a piano player ! Well, not much better than a drummer or trumpet player soundwise. I complained to my strata and she wanted to arrange a schedule so she could play around my schedule !

....who doesn't know that moving into a condo/apartment that playing a piano might disturb the neighbors ??????
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 632
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 5:56:06 PM
Henry, I think you are right.
Talking to other people I know in real life they agree with you.
I overreacted and should have nipped it in the bud.
And have done as you and others have suggested.

Sent him this email:

"Martin, you crossed the line. Had you invited me to join you for lunch at the pub I would have enjoyed continuing our chat. I am not interested in you in the way I read in your texts. Please don't do it again."

His response:
"Yeah sorry. Must be my dutch accent and approach. I sometimes get that... I word things differently.
But I understand. Sorry. Won't bother you again then. M"

So a good ending.
Thank you.

In my defence I was flattered by the initial compliment and enjoyed our boat and water chat.
He seemed like a very nice man and had he invited me to join him for lunch I would have accepted.
Because I was busy doing other things I did not notice that my phone battery had gone flat so I did not read his 'sexy' nor the other texts till much later. I was cranky with myself for misreading his friendliness. As you have said before about me. My guard was down. I did like the compliment, they don't happen very often.

Re:
Blocking messages on a phone.. I am investigating this.
Have not done it with my current Android phone that I use everyday for work, friends and general life.
I have a 'private' phone I use for internet dating, MeetUp etc.
Again I misread him and thought he could be another boat buddy.
He wanted sex before finding out my surname. I have been there before.

Sunshine... Of course it is me. I am the one responsible. I cannot control anyone else, merely my reaction to them. Need to keep my guard up more often.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 633
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:28:35 PM
Butterchickenchuck- You and GTOmustang have given me an idea, how to get them back.
I DO play the piano, but have refrained from doing so because it's out of tune.........hmmmm-Deck the halls at 6 am might be some tasty revenge. :D fa la la la la la la laaaaaaaaa :0 ;)
 Olivoil
Msg: 634
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:36:10 PM
VK was not a victim, in any sense. She was disappointed, and sometimes bitter, but I didn't see her as 'victimized'.
She's living the good life, has a career she loves, and she isn't despaerate enough to latch on to someone just for the sake of having a man in her life. That's why I related and identified with her.
Having a man isn't the be all and end all with some of us.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 635
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:46:19 PM
Bama.. Playing an out of tune piano is a brilliant idea.
Perhaps you could sing along also out of tune.

Some song suggestions.

Any repetitive Chrissy Carol. Henry's operatic date singing could be good. Especially Gloooooooooooooooooooia

Sounds of silence.
All you need is love. Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooohhh
Theme from Rocky.
Hall of the mountain kings.
Herod's song
Greensleeves. Could make them want ice cream.

And of course your scales and arpeggios.
Over and over and over and over.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 636
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:51:34 PM
My rant today.

People watching me work.

Do something else, but stop watching me.

Jaysus.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 637
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 7:02:37 PM
castlehillsmile- How about THAT, I know Greensleeves. ;)
My daughter still has her flute, it may be time for a duet. :D
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 638
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 9:06:42 PM
chromis: thanks! I hope for the same as well (though like LIR said, the doggie WAS cute... maybe you can just do HIS pic?)

the congratulators: thanks... keeping fingers crossed for us AND for you all...

spot: I understand what you are saying and I also don't know what was said. Though i HAVE had an EXTREMELY uh, unusual uh, proposition (mind you it was someone i had dated for over two months and spoken with a TON. After all that time and all those in person dates... I was infored he was looking for, well, a dom and considered himself a sub. When I asked why that had not come up in the entire time we had spoken/dated and what it was about me that made him think I'd be up for that (besides my shoes I guess LOL) the response was that they had supposedly been "testing" me with code words... and I didn't bat an eyelash.

So my not responding negatively to the code words was proof that I was up for being a dom. I had to inform them I didn't flinch because I didn't KNOW they were code words... so I was not passe; I was clueless :) So maybe she needs to find out what some "codes words" are that she is unaware of :) It might POSSIBLY be an innocent mistake.

Things taken for double entendres can be tricky; some people use them very carefully FOR sexual innuendo... if it becomes obvious it is "innuendo banter" castle, be a LITTLE careful... because it can shift from innocent to specific in a hurry.

ah,
Sounds of silence.

have you heard the version by Disturbed? INCREDIBLE. Anyone wants to play that over and over again at 6 am... I won't even care. :)

(glad you were able to get resolution castle)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 639
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 9:19:33 PM
Quite right Moonbeam.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He had been telling me how he lives at .... > that house, right on the water front. No neighbours as they are holiday houses and it is very quiet and relaxing. How he had nothing to do today till his son came home so he was going to go fishing.

A bit like you... I heard all of this as general conversation.

There are a couple of men on here and other sites who I have met who are dom's seeking subs.
Again like you I had no idea what they were talking about.
Till they came right out.

One man wanted to be naked except for a dog collar and have me walk him around with a lead then urinate on him.
What the?

I missed ALL the keywords for that one. Did not know they existed.
He was a charming man, good job, working full time and studying part time, lives near me, turned up to the meet late, wearing a suit so insisted on paying for dinner as he wanted to apologise for being so late.
Even the restaurant owner who felt sorry for me sitting alone for so long waiting came up and told me he seemed an OK bloke when he was away from the table.

He still sends me a message every now and then.

Barmagrl.....
Maybe play some Bing Crosby - White Christmas during your rehearsal break.
Apparently it is #1 for a few things including most sales and most likely to make young people who congregate at shopping malls, leave.

Chromis1
Msg: 640
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 9:38:14 PM

(though like LIR said, the doggie WAS cute... maybe you can just do HIS pic?)

<--------- By popular demand, here's Tucker. Though I don't imagine this image will last long.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 641
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 11/30/2015 10:18:57 PM
^^^
hi Tucker...

and uuuugh, who'd have thunk an adult could get croup.... Yep, dat's me....

code & key words?? yeah, thanx to a lifetime of mismanaged reading skills... I now have to decipher even harder what the fellow is saying, as opposed to what he 'wants'... {I knew there as something in the words of "take this at face value"... as in, I'm a sick and twisted individual and I got hidden sh!t I don't want you to know about}
Fortunately Wastebook is my 'friend' in this situation and through FB 'suggesting' groups to me, I see all the POF blokes on FB using the same pictures in their 'DTF', 'Hobart Hookups', and other Tassie NSA groups - so even more reason for me to avoid OLD... and even more reason for a vow of celibacy....
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 642
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 3:22:18 AM

By popular demand, here's Tucker. Though I don't imagine this image will last long.

TUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Welcome back! Now why don't you ditch Chromis and get your own profile? We love Chromis but you are just what these forums need. You little sweetie you.... you make sure you growl at the new girl enough so your dad is not tempted to delete his account and try to leave the forums.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 643
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 4:01:38 AM
Forgot to add that we all know that "On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Internet,_nobody_knows_you're_a_dog

I love that cartoon.......
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 644
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 4:29:04 AM
Tucker,

You little sweetie you....

LOL THIS is code talk for ................You are such a dog!
Actually Tucker, you are adorable, and welcome to the Forums.

My rant? LOL, nevermind, I need to behave!
 Olivoil
Msg: 645
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 7:03:07 AM
"...who doesn't know that moving into a condo/apartment that playing a piano might disturb the neighbors ??????"
Author: Butterchicken

No kidding. I live in a building with concrete fire walls and floors. Yet every time I pull out my accordian to play a gentle polka, there's a note on the door. Guess the sound of an accordian is an irritant to most people.
So I abstain:(
There is a new guy that thinks it's okay to have surround sound when he watches movies, and also wanted to make a deal that he could use it on Friday and Saturday nights. Most have hearing aids, and sleep aids, so he's allowed.

That's my rant, and I know, ..." first world problem".
Otherwise, things are good.
 taffydear
Msg: 646
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:13:29 AM
This condo rant caught my eye. I live in a downtown condo and I'm on the top floor. This summer they erected scaffolding around the entire building with a walkway above my patio to replace the roof. We have always had a few pigeons around but with the scaffolding up the pigeons had a lot of nooks and crannies to roost. I don't mind the pigeons, they are pretty and they aren't noisy. Now that the scaffolding has been removed and the roof project completed, we still have a few birds. There are about 6 pairs. Last week I received a memo under my door regarding these "pesky" birds ( rats with wings, disease carrying monsters) and anyone caught feeding them will be dealt with by the condo board.

Birds. Not piano's, violins or clog dancing...birds.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 647
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:38:39 AM
Bama wrote :

"I DO play the piano, but have refrained from doing so because it's out of tune.........hmmmm-Deck the halls at 6 am might be some tasty revenge. :D fa la la la la la la laaaaaaaaa :0 ;) "

Now THAT would be cruel !

It's bad enough hearing the same song over and over again - even if it's a good , classic Stevie Wonder song - trust me on this !
 gtomustang
Msg: 648
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:55:19 AM
Supposedly, and i'm sure there's a rock fan here who can confirm or deny, the band Van Halen was promised their first contract by Gene Simmons and his manager, and made the trip to a hotel where the latter two would be partying. The manager turned down the band's chance to hit it big (at that time), and the band was stuck in a hotel room beneath them.

Knowing the state of the two men the following morning, the band created the song "Shout at the Devil" in order to get revenge. I don't know if the story is true or not (Think I heard it on Dee Snyder's House of Hair"). but considering how the song begins..i guess it has every sound known to man that would play well on a hangover.

meanwhile, an anti-rant: woke up at 11, went out to get the paper and mail, and the state's tax dept sent a letter saying my accountant goofed on last year's return. Instead of getting $0 back, i'm getting a 1 and a few zeros back. So no wonder I have no luck with the ladies, its getting diverted. Made me giggle like a school girl tho, I hadn't expected that bit of fortune.

OK, back to the complaining. sorry to interrupt.
 spot4username
Msg: 649
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 9:23:08 AM
FYI ^^^

Shout at the Devil is a Motley Crue song.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 650
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 9:24:34 AM
And Gene Simmons has never had a hangover. He doesn't drink.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT