Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 651
RANTPage 27 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
See, I knew someone could straighten me out. thanks for the correction. it must have been "Running with the Devil"? Didn't know GS doesn't drink, perhaps it was just the fellow who gave VH the shaft. OR, like other good rumors in rock 'n' roll...it was just a rumor to make things sound cooler :) like stories about Phil Collins "Feel It In the Air Tonight". I think every few years, the origin story of that song changes...
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 652
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 11:40:46 AM
GTO
meanwhile, an anti-rant: woke up at 11, went out to get the paper and mail, and the state's tax dept sent a letter saying my accountant goofed on last year's return. Instead of getting $0 back, i'm getting a 1 and a few zeros back. So no wonder I have no luck with the ladies, its getting diverted. Made me giggle like a school girl tho, I hadn't expected that bit of fortune.

Can I give you my Christmas list now?

Please note, I need power cords and computer cords, co axial cable. I also need a new robe since the cable guy is tired of this one that I wear to chase him down the road to come replace puppy chewed cords.... :^(

Le Pew
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 653
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 11:52:29 AM
My rant du jour :

Engaging in a debate with someone on this forum who you realize is dumber than a fencepost and can't get the time you wasted back.
 gtomustang
Msg: 654
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 1:49:44 PM
gosh LePew, I've been waiting years to lay my cable...

I gather you've already tried wiping tobacco sauce on the cables....unless the pup is a Mexican chee-wa-wa :)

butterclusterchuck, yeah, I hear you about wasted time not gotten back. I just went to visit my old workplace and ran into a fellow who's a good ol' boy, could be a great inspiration, but he posts online stuff that falls under the category of "intolerance". Seeing him face to face reminds me that he isn't evil, just....poorly informed to the point of being dumb about certain issues.

sometimes, i'm reminded why i'm picky and alone.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 655
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 1:56:14 PM
Penelope, have you considered that the Cable Guy has been playing with your pup with cables?

My dad was an electrician and would always play with dogs using cable.
When he started to do that with my dogs I freaked.
Dogs rarely know if the cord is full of electricity or merely a scrap piece.

Maybe your existing robe is showing off some exciting bits that your cable guy enjoys seeing?

Butterchicken...... what is the IQ of a fence post.
We need to know so we can compare.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 656
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 7:48:25 PM
anti-rant...

All of a sudden, I don't smoke anymore. Have become one of those vape persons. Everybody say yippee for me. (or not)

It's weird though...I didn't try. Took no will power. Didn't want to quit. Never smoked as much as a typical smoker anyway, and really enjoyed it - wasn't only "addicted beyond my control". And messed around with a vape already for a while off and on - though not because I was trying to quit, but comically just to get a taste that I couldn't find in a cigarette (favorite brands either don't exist anymore or are available only in another state). Also, this isn't because I was hitting the vape more and it took care of it. In fact, didn't do either for a couple of days.

Anyway...it's just weird. Didn't want to quit, and wasn't trying to. But now, all of a sudden, I enjoy the vape like I enjoyed the cigarette, and don't really have any hankering for the cig (long story short, in my case because of my atypical smoking habit, this isn't just because I'm getting the nicotine through other means...gum or patch would have NEVER done anything for me). It's also weird that I'm "glad", when I didn't really want to quit anyway in the first place.

But anyway, again...yippee. What a trip. If I'd wanted to, or was trying to, or had to exercise some willpower, I'd understand. But this...what a trip.
 cookymaker
Msg: 657
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:46:41 PM
Drinkthesun.. YIPPEE for you. I quit smoking cold turkey on a whim.. it's been 16 years. Keep it up!

RANT... people who think they can drive on the shoulders when traffic is backed up. And those who pass you with attitude even though you are doing the speed limit. I love catching up to them at a light later.

The age old argument.. Toilet paper over or under. OVER - unless you own a cat, then it's UNDER.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 658
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 2:31:27 AM
my rant is delayed start... gps that flaked out, ice, being pulled over by a cop (when trying to read the map; he I think thought I was drunk until he saw the busted gps and the map (didn't get a warning even, he was actually REALLY nice thank God) ... truckers spilling ice water causing fishtailing, road construction, getting stuck turned around going the wrong way for 10 miles when you are already struggling to stay awake at 3:30 in the morning wanting to go the OTHER way... three highway donuts, almost driving off a bridge and getting to the hotel after 4:30 am, three hours before you are supposed to lead the charge on site at your clients when you are almost asleep on your feet and two closed doors between the convention center and the hotel entrance from the parking skyway.

other than that, everything's peaches and duckies and bunnies.

carry on.

zzzzzz
 gtomustang
Msg: 659
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 8:41:04 AM
Yeah, my father quit smoking sorta the same way. he had tried a bunch of tricks, like throwing away half the pack, keeping it out in the car so he couldn't mindlessly light up, et cetera. The story he told me was for my first birthday he decided the only gift he could give a baby was to quit, and he did and didn't look back. I suspect addictions to chemicals aren't the same for every body, or maybe people have different reasons behind their addictions so its easier for some to just drop a bad habit in a flash.

moonie, sorry to hear about the bad weather driving. I had a bad commute to work when it snowed, and getting there felt like I had accomplished a great feat. Like a hike up Mt. Everest. or wherever LH hiked. glad to hear that every other little thing is peaches and cream.

Penelope, if you can get your little biter to spin around, you can rename him/her the Tazmanian Devil.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 660
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 8:56:09 AM
GTO, I have bitter apple spray coating the house, even the toilet tissue. Not working and I am allergic to tobassco or I would try that. Last week she ate two of my dining room chairs while I was in the kitchen. I think I should have named her Buzzsaw!

Diana, I don't think the cable guy would try to play with her at all with the big dog here. He is 150 lbs of sonic woof! (bluetick/bloodhound mix)

As far as the old robe goes I don't think it shows any choice bits but I will say I inherited it from my 90 yr old mom and I look like the stereotype of an old Polish woman in it. LMAO All I need is my "babushka". Hope I spelled that right?

Chromis, I hope Tucker gets to stay. lol Toooo cute!

Moonbeam I hope you have an early day and you get a nap in. Be careful driving home.

Jessie, so sorry to hear about the croup. That stuff is awful. Get better soon.

LePew
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 661
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 12:54:53 PM
DOGS.
A friend of mine picked up her Maltese terrier and the breeder had named it "CHAOS"
Should have been a hint.
 crabdipper
Msg: 662
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 3:27:13 PM
Why is this called a dating site ?

Sorry, it's supposed to be a rant.

WHY THE FVCK IS THIS CALLED A DATING SITE ?
So much BS being tossed around.
Calm down. When there are only blonde haired, blue eyed people left every post will have 1 answer and a long list of, "I agree."

That last woman that wrecked my car, stole my money and fvcked every guy in town ain't looking so bad.

Humans ! I'll never figure them out.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 663
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 5:02:32 PM
thanks for the good wishes, my "commute" was a long distance drive through two states last night that ended up lasting 7 hours... hopefully tomorrow night when I return home it will be a lot less adventurous; my gps WON'T flake out; i won't get pulled over, lost, donut, fishtail, or fight falling asleep and will get more than 3 hours of sleep before my 7:30 am session starts Friday. I only know i'm at the hotel and will NOT be awake after 10 p. 23 hour days are NOT fun.

crapdipper? How do you REALLY feel? :) (do you feel better? sometimems ranting IS kind of nice.

why do only blue eyed blondes agree anywyas? maybe brunettes are agreeable? or redheads?

sounds like you are not having a whole lot of fun. Hope things get better soon :)
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 664
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 5:16:50 PM

See, I knew someone could straighten me out. thanks for the correction. it must have been "Running with the Devil"? Didn't know GS doesn't drink, perhaps it was just the fellow who gave VH the shaft. OR, like other good rumors in rock 'n' roll...it was just a rumor to make things sound cooler :) like stories about Phil Collins "Feel It In the Air Tonight". I think every few years, the origin story of that song changes...

Mustang... what a most articulate response to new data and being corrected... you've left a new impression on me....

moonbeam... please, I hope you check in tomorrow when you're home... I myself have done a 'fishtail' off a logging track and wrote off my little car (over a 14 foot drop of trees and into a river)
Mind you, it kinda puts a different perspective on life when you wake up in a community hospital with a cow chewing its cud at your window to the left, and your 10month old son watching you from a crib to your right....
and two years ago on Dec 24th, I lost a good friend and her older son from my Autism community on an icy road when she and her new husband were coming home from a vacation. He ended up adopting the surviving second son.

so I hate hearing about stories like this....

Aaah, life carries on... I still can't talk... men of the world rejoice....
now to find a 'rant'....
ummmm, not enough time to do "ALL" I want to do, and trying to prioritise....
without really knowing how to undertake that sucky 'delegation' skill.... without sounding 'nagging'....

coffee call it is....
 gtomustang
Msg: 665
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:29:10 PM
Why, thank you Jessi. I didn't think I got enough practice in what to do after being wrong, lol.

minor rant: magazines (ever heard of those?) are a lot smaller than they used to be. I have old car magazines from the 1960-70's (at least the 1950's are smaller magazines, almost paperback size) that need those clear sleeves to be slid into for protection. In the old days I could go to a stationary store to find the sleeves in bulk (and I think MalWart killed the individual stationary store), so now I rely on new magazines coming in the mail, to cannibalize for their clear sleeves. and of course, new magazines are smaller to save money, so the sleeves barely fit the older magazines.

fishtailing on the road, yeah, they suck when unplanned. I had one coming down a long hill into town decades ago, ended up backwards in the opposite lane. once I realized the car coming up was far enough away i'd be in the ditch before he caught up to me, I felt better. I've already gone thru the car accident-lawsuit thing with an exgf before. But growing up in the north, oh yeah, lotta black ice stories. nasty nasty nasty stuff. for those 6 months out of a year, going out at night to meet a new person hopefully for dating is an idea that doesn't thrill me, since I might meet that hidden disaster on the way home.

sorry to hear about your loss two years ago, tho your hospital story sounds like a Nativity scene :)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 666
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:36:23 PM

In the old days I could go to a stationary store to find the sleeves in bulk (and I think MalWart killed the individual stationary store), so now I rely on new magazines coming in the mail, to cannibalize for their clear sleeves. and of course, new magazines are smaller to save money, so the sleeves barely fit the older magazines.

Have you checked out comic book stores in your area, if you have any? Some of them have magazine size bags, and boards.
 gtomustang
Msg: 667
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:38:21 PM
good idea, thanx. heck, this rant page is giving me a good education :) There used to be a great comic book store in my area, the ones now seem to be, well, holes in the proverbial wall. But yeah, they should have magazine size, people still collect Mad magazine, right? (hope so, I have a collection to get rid of sometime)
 crabdipper
Msg: 668
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:42:32 PM
moonbeamlover,

You took it too literally, but I do feel better. All this crazy stuff about nuking people out of hatred on a public forum is beyond my comprehension. The blue / blonde thing was in reference to the Nazi Party. I'm sure some got it and others didn't. My post was somewhat serious, but mostly an attempt at humor. I can see I failed.

You are correct about not having a whole lot of fun. That's why I'm here. When the weather improves I will disappear into the real world.

Steamed crabs at my house next summer. All are welcome. Bring Your Own Beer.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 669
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:34:20 PM

good idea, thanx. heck, this rant page is giving me a good education :)

who'da thunk we could take 'new' information from 'society' and process it positively????

and hmmmm, kid's K-zone magazine as an educational tool & resource for 'handwriting' and resolving dysgraphia.... yeup, I can justify that.... lol
(home educating is not for the 'fainthearted')
 spot4username
Msg: 670
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:43:15 PM
^^
My oldest son has dysgraphia. He was diagnosed while in private school. Once he was in public school it was quite the bureaucratic struggle to get his needs met. It is considered a SLD (severe learning disorder) and he is also GT (gifted/talented) which means he is on both ends of the spectrum. Both are staffed in as ESE here in FL. They didn't want to acknowledge that he was both. The reality is that the vast majority of dysgraphic students are very intelligent and many are on the gifted scale.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 671
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:50:03 PM
it's a hard slog isn't it? this spectrum stuff?
Yes, he's a highly intelligent lad... I've told him that even Albert Einstein (thought to be on the spectrum) was believed to have had dysgraphia... and that didn't stop him and his amazing genius....

we use an 'online' curriculum for sciences and math, and he's a good two grades above.... great linguist... however, socially defunct (like mom) and high aggression/reactive issues.... (again, like mom)
so lots of 'patience' and taking penmanship/writing/handwork very slowly, and less technology - and hoping that puberty/menopause life changes settle us both down - hahaha...
 tangofish
Msg: 672
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/2/2015 9:07:15 PM
I was diagnosed with dyslexia, and I probably qualify for dysgraphia as well. My handwriting is absolutely horrendous, and if I'm armed with only a pen or pencil, i'm better off simply paying attention in class and hoping it sticks - and it usually does. But i've never walked away with legible notes without a laptop.

I worked on an engineering team without a formal education, and somehow managed to simultaneously learn the trade and produce construction documents at the same time. A negative label (in context) is only as debilitating as it proves to disable in practice and practical application.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 673
RANT
Posted: 12/3/2015 6:34:42 AM
Did you just say you're a cunning linguist?
 cooldog65
Msg: 674
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/3/2015 7:59:36 AM
^^^^^ Or a master debater...
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 675
RANT
Posted: 12/3/2015 9:07:43 AM

My handwriting is absolutely horrendous, and if I'm armed with only a pen or pencil, i'm better off simply paying attention in class and hoping it sticks - and it usually does. But i've never walked away with legible notes without a laptop.

LOL Ever try to actually read what a Doctor writes in your chart?
I did for many years, it sucked!

LOL Your handwriting may be "horrendous", TangoFish, but what you have to say? Awesome!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT