Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 676
RANTPage 28 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
hey fullmoon, thanks for the idea on the magazine sleeves. Had to help out a bestie with her flat tire (of course the tire shop didn't have her size, she had to buy 4 new ones) and while keeping her company until they could get the tires shipped by 3pm, went shopping for magazine sleeves. wouldn't had considered that a way to kill a few hours if you hadn't suggested a place.

as for handwriting, at university i'd always told the guys who didn't show up for class to borrow the notes of a young lady--concise, precise, easy to read even from a photocopy (remember how bad those things used to be? black on grey paper). I simply took it for granted that fellows lacked a handwriting gene. then again, I was always trying to get the prettiest ladies from the class together for study sessions before the exams. Didn't get me anywhere, but sure beats working hard on studying.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 677
RANT
Posted: 12/3/2015 6:45:04 PM

hey fullmoon, thanks for the idea on the magazine sleeves. Had to help out a bestie with her flat tire (of course the tire shop didn't have her size, she had to buy 4 new ones) and while keeping her company until they could get the tires shipped by 3pm, went shopping for magazine sleeves. wouldn't had considered that a way to kill a few hours if you hadn't suggested a place.

You're welcome, Mustang (my all-time fave car, by the way, had a '65 for several years starting in high school way back when).

My rant for the day:

Too many of my fave restaurants have been closed (ones with coupons and regular specials).

Rant over.

Carry on.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 678
RANT
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:23:09 PM
Fishmeets, where there are no warnings in giant red letters on the signup page that the entire establishment is smoking "friendly".

Lesson learned.
 gtomustang
Msg: 679
RANT
Posted: 12/5/2015 9:46:49 AM
couldn't "hack" it, huh? don't blame ya, I passed one up last night b/c it looked like an hour's drive for a sausagefest. and you know what they've lately said about processed meats and your health.

as I let hot oil drain out of an engine crankcase--at least its 50 degrees out to do it--I guess my general rant is about automotive design. you'd think professional gearheads would get it right, but back when I had to flush radiators every season, every automaker seemed to put the damn petcock right over the framerail (at least my Chevy Colorado has a neat function, someone at Izuzu knew WTF and notched the framerail where the oil filter is, so it pours nicely rather than fans out to leave a rainbow in the driveway when it rains). meanwhile, I had replaced the serp belt at 100K (can't believe they sell three price range versions of an important part) like i'm supposed to and the last time I was in the shop for emissions repairs, the mechanic decided to do me a favor and replace it. now I've got a squeal and i'm hoping its b/c they put on a cheap serp belt, b/c that waterpump is damn hidden.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 680
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/5/2015 1:35:09 PM
Ranting...
MIA forum posters??? where are they all?? I know a couple are on trial for potential relationships.... but where are the other regulars??(I know, I know, I got sucked in to getting sociable) I'm missing learning new stuff from the peeps who know their stuff....

So yes... I guess it's back to my number crunching... and researching new educational facilities/resources in the potential new town....
(yes, lots of "field trips" north to explore.... this'll be fun... total population of 20 000 - however I'll be closer to rural folks and ethical slaughterhouses)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 681
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 2:39:20 AM
WAKE.

I want to make all enclosed waterways a no wake zone.
All the wankers driving those giant motor cruisers with no consideration for anyone else making a giant wake that wreaks havoc on everyone around them plus the erosion to the bank.
Just spent 4 days on the water (bliss) and would like to confiscate every boat with a wake making wanker at the helm.
 cooldog65
Msg: 682
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 4:07:49 AM
Don't eat blue frosted cupcakes! It will give you crayon green poo.

Back to brown today!
 Walts
Msg: 683
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 5:56:33 AM
Only cause I woke up feeling like an old man this morning.

NEVER, EVER wait for the 1st day of 5 days of "heavy rain warnings" before running out and start putting up Christmas lights. I only fell off the ladder once. The fall was pretty good, and thankfully the trees eased the fall about half way down before I landed. Either/or, I'm still sore, and I still have the ones in the backyard to put up.

Still pouring too.

I couldn't even sip last night.

Yes, it's a bad thing.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 684
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 11:14:23 AM
Walts ^^^^^I couldn't even sip last night.

I hope you went to the hospital and got checked out? That sounds serious. (Yes I am saying that with a serious straight face).

Le Pew
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 685
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 3:08:49 PM
my rant is having to read about crayon green poo. it will be a while before I get that mental pic out of my brain :)

walt, agree with Penelope. Make sure you're ok... those falls are nothing to mess with.
 crabdipper
Msg: 686
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 3:48:42 PM

WAKE.

I want to make all enclosed waterways a no wake zone.

Most are here in the states, but that doesn't mean the, "wake making wankers", obey the law.

Personal watercraft (Jet Ski) operators scare the poo out of me. They have almost zero knowledge about safety and navigation. I can see the fun with those things, but stay the heck away from me. They can run up to 50 knots and they love to circle other boats to jump their wake. You never know when they are going to make a U-turn because they are never heading anywhere. Just out playing. Scary stuff.

Chesapeake Bay and San Fransisco Bay are the two most dangerous waterways in the U.S. for small craft. I could tell you some crazy stories about dumb arses on the water. I sure you could do the same.

Be safe out there castle.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 687
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:27:19 PM
Sydney Harbour can become a washing machine.

The last 4 days I was on Broken Bay which is not as bad but we did some exploring up in Brisbane Waters.
A wankers playground.
Lots and lots of jetskis, water skiers and big wake makers.

Did see some things I absolutely want to do.
A group of people had been having a picnic on a sand bank.
Sitting on eskies (boxes containing ice, food, beer and wine) and those low beach chairs.
As the tide came in they were still sitting there with their bottoms getting soggy drinking and eating because the lid of the esky was still above water.

What a wonderful simple pleasure.

Crabdipper, I cannot remember if I told you I own two crab pots.
Both are faulty as they have never caught a crab. All they seem to do is feed the marine life as the bait is gone, but no crabs.
Where I go is a combination of mud crabs and blue swimmers. Both delicious but evasive. At least for me.

Dumb arses on the water. Oh yeah.
Many fit into the cashed up wanker category.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 688
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:27:37 PM
Sydney Harbour can become a washing machine.

The last 4 days I was on Broken Bay which is not as bad but we did some exploring up in Brisbane Waters.
A wankers playground.
Lots and lots of jetskis, water skiers and big wake makers.

Did see some things I absolutely want to do.
A group of people had been having a picnic on a sand bank.
Sitting on eskies (boxes containing ice, food, beer and wine) and those low beach chairs.
As the tide came in they were still sitting there with their bottoms getting soggy drinking and eating because the lid of the esky was still above water.

What a wonderful simple pleasure.

Crabdipper, I cannot remember if I told you I own two crab pots.
Both are faulty as they have never caught a crab. All they seem to do is feed the marine life as the bait is gone, but no crabs.
Where I go is a combination of mud crabs and blue swimmers. Both delicious but evasive. At least for me.

Dumb arses on the water. Oh yeah.
Many fit into the cashed up wanker category.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 689
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:40:39 PM
I'm sick and fvckin' tired of being the pace car for lazy co workers.

They wait for me to make the 'first move' and then offer to help.

I need more wine!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 690
RANT
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:49:55 PM
My Dad has really aged. It's frightening to see when he's so far away, and because he doesn't have social media or a cell phone, pictures are very few and far in between (every few years). I just saw the most recent pictures. He now looks like my late grandfather the way I remember him.

My parents haven't seen each other in many years. My Mom hasn't seen any pictures of him in a few years.
I just showed my Mom the most recent pictures. She asked: who is this? I said: it's Dad. She had a frozen look on her face. She said: I wish I didn't see this. I asked: are you wondering if you have aged this horribly, too? She said: yes! I said: no, you haven't.
 crabdipper
Msg: 691
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 12:06:49 AM
It's 34*F here on the banks of the Nanticoke River and some woman in the other hemisphere talking about eating, drinking, wet arses on the beach and loving the late Spring weather can really get to me.

Just kidding Castle. Sounds like lots of fun. The weather here hasn't been terrible yet and I'm hoping this Winter isn't like the last one. The northern 100 miles of Chesapeake Bay was frozen for more than a month. That's rare for this area. Tangier and Smith Islands are the last inhabited islands on the bay and ice breakers were used to get them supplies last year.

You might enjoy listening to the locals on those Islands on You Tube. Some of the UK folks might enjoy them even more. They were settled in the early 1600's by immigrants from England. They made/make their living from the bounty of the bay and rarely make it to the mainland. They have been secluded from normal US culture and for almost 400 years they still speak with the Old English accent of their ancestors.

I'm sure your crab pots differ from the pots used here. There must be something wrong with your 2 pots (not the design) or else it's the bait. Believe it or not, chicken necks work great here. Turkey necks, bull lips, eels and clams are also used. You might want to try something like that for bait. Kangaroo lips ? Worth a shot in my book. My curiosity will make me search for the design of the pots in your part of the world. I will try to help so you can enjoy some crabs for dinner. They are so much better when you catch them yourself.

Be safe and enjoy your summer.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 692
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 12:37:04 AM
I was advised to try cat food as bait.
No good.

Regarding Aussie wildlife. Sailing home yesterday I went past a fairy penguin. Gorgeous.
Had to slow down diving through a bushland area as there was a kangaroo hopping down the road.

I love where I live.

I know someone who has the same design pots as me and in 10 minutes at the turn of the tide caught 2 mudcrabs.
Grumble grumble grumble.

I will try chicken necks.
Kangaroos may need their lips for kissing other kangaroos.

I think it gets cold here and complain when there is a frost.
Nothing like your frozen everything.
 2shotdancer
Msg: 693
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 3:27:11 AM

I think it gets cold here and complain when there is a frost.
Nothing like your frozen everything.

I'd imagine that nude sailing buddy doesn't care for it either. ;)
 gtomustang
Msg: 694
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 8:26:21 AM
I hear what you're saying, NJ. I took care of both my parents until the end. Your photo story reminded me of a car show where they had a memorial for a club member who contributed a lot to the show plus had cars. on a wall they had photos of him thru his life, and in the last two (holiday) shots, he had that vacant stare, perhaps his mind had gone before his outer shell had. you could practically see the progression, and meanwhile in many photos was a daughter or granddaughter, getting older and older and becoming an adult.

life progresses.
 tangofish
Msg: 695
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 2:26:49 PM
My dad looks like a Jack o lantern when he smiles, or like a llama that got busted in the jaw or something. Other than that he's held up despite his severe alcoholism and chain smoking nature.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 696
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 2:32:51 PM
My mum looks beautiful.
A lifetime of good skin care and growing up in Europe and staying out of the sun.
Never smoked, rarely drank alcohol. Walked 10km every morning, got educated, worked hard and kept her mind active.
Her husband (my dad) had a mid life crisis and went Tom Catting.
She never remarried and is now in a dementia care facility.

Me?
A lifetime of being in the Aussie sun.
Smoked for years before quitting.
Drink booze.
Also work hard and keep my mind active.

I think I would rather die younger and not get dementia.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 697
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 4:33:27 PM

I'm sick and fvckin' tired of being the pace car for lazy co workers.

They wait for me to make the 'first move' and then offer to help.

I've had that experience at jobs. They're indecisive too. What's happening is that they don't really care, and don't want any responsibility. You're always seeing little ways by which you have to "pick up after them" too because they don't watch what they're doing and don't catch on to anything. Or of course just don't want to.

...and you're doing better than I did if you even get offers to help. But then, often any help turns out to be worthless. Would rather they just go away and go sit down somewhere.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 698
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 8:18:50 PM
FREAKING INDICATORS peeps....

indicating to turn ONE way and then actually turning the opposite????
and it was a cab driver to boot???

and it's a rainy day today... after no rain for a while...

I know I'm no gem of a driver.... but come on.....

At least the kidlet got a lesson on 'situational awareness' and having to 'figure out what the other drivers on the road are doing'

On the upswing, Dr supports my decision to relocate to low stress town (yeah, I know I'd NEVER manage in a mainland city now) .... lots of indications that this is a good move....
 dreamriding
Msg: 699
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 9:28:11 PM
Mud tracked in my house , in December. In December? WTF? oh and neighbors. ha.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 700
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 9:37:28 PM
Waiting three plus years for a Game of Thrones book to FINALLY be written, only to find out it's a flipping PREQUEL.

you're a sadist George RR Martin. I want to find out what happens to Jon flipping Snow.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT