Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 701
view profile
History
RANTPage 29 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)

Me?
A lifetime of being in the Aussie sun.
Smoked for years before quitting.
Drink booze.
Also work hard and keep my mind active.

I think I would rather die younger and not get dementia.

this was my plan.... party hard til sixty then take myself out to the bush somewhere and quietly off meself....
that WAS until the kidlet came along.... and I quit smoking cold turkey, was celibate for 9 years and now only drink between once a year and up to once a month....
(Life has a sadistic sense of humor.)

I worked in dementia speciality for ten years and wouldn't wish it on my best enemy....
( I WANT those sods to remember why they are my enemy. )
 dreamriding
Msg: 702
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 10:31:28 PM
^^^^ baahahaha

lemonade coming outta my nose from laughing.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 703
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 10:34:11 PM
Glad someone can laugh with me.... ^^^^^^^^

yeah, and what is it with Life having a sick sense of humor???
I plan to relocate towns... happen to chance upon a possible 'suitable' POF match up there.... shoot off a message for 'catch up down the track, I'm not ready to date now'... and due to his own explainable 'lack of time' constraints, and being a twice weekly visitor down here - it's almost uncannily perfect timing????
Life has a lot of explaining to do....
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 704
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 10:48:07 PM
9 YEARS!!!!!
CELIBATE FOR 9 YEARS!!!!!!!!!
That needs 9 exclamation marks.
I hope I do not break your record.

Good luck with the move and the man.
Although I can't imagine many quieter places than Hobart.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 705
RANT
Posted: 12/7/2015 11:01:48 PM

>[9 YEARS!!!!!
CELIBATE FOR 9 YEARS!!!!!!!!!
That needs 9 exclamation marks.
I hope I do not break your record.

Good luck with the move and the man.
Although I can't imagine many quieter places than Hobart.

I did break it; 10 and a half years of celibacy for me when i was in transition here... don't recommend it. though I think I singlehandedly inflated the battery stocks during that time.

BEST of luck Jessi... i hope you can make some noise where and with whom you end up :) Enjoy!!!!!
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 706
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 4:06:39 AM
I've got this one, girls.

26 years and counting. POF has not worked yet.

It is what it is.....
 StarClassic
Msg: 707
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 6:30:52 AM
Damn Sweetness, you've got mine beat (no pun intended) twice over+.

My rant for the day?
Supervisors that won't supervise, and then get pissed when their subordinates fvck off most of the night.
What makes it almost humorous is he knows I have 15 years experience in their department and won't lift a finger to help his sorry ass.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 708
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 10:37:43 AM
StarClassic- Oh, don't even get me started about lazy co workers.
Right out of nursing school (not knowing better), I got a job at a nursing home.
Lpn's are supposed to supervise the CNA's.
Uh huh-good luck with that.
Nursing homes can legally assign 30 patients to one LPN on day shift. You get 3 CNA's to help, you do the math.
I did not have TIME to go behind them and make sure they were doing their job.
State came and they got a deficiency, so I got asked to make sure the CNA's were doing what they were supposed to do.
So, I get on top of them, make sure they are changing sheets, etc.
One of the CNA's went straight to the RN supervisor and said I was "working her to death".
No I wasn't, I asked her to do her JOB.
I don't have patience for bs, so I just come out with it and tell the RN that if she won't back me up, she can forget the CNA's listening to me if all they have to do is run to her office and tattle.
We had an epic back and forth exchange that ended with me telling her she could deal with it, I was doing good to get the medicine out on time.
I didn't last long at that job and I would give up my nurses license before I would work in a nursing home again.
The experience is why I went into private duty nursing.
I don't have to worry about someone else's mess up, I do it all myself, at least then I know it's getting done.
You shouldn't have to tell an adult to do their job.
What happened to the days when people got fired for being lazy?
Customer service has gone to hell, no one has the fear of being fired any more.
Oh, yeah, I could rant about THIS one for days.
 trinity818
Msg: 709
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 11:09:44 AM

Oh, don't even get me started about lazy co workers.

Pretty much like working for a family business where all the family members do absolutely NOTHING (except shop online and chat all day) as the business slowly goes under.

Time for a new job! ho ho ho.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 710
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 11:19:44 AM
Speaking of coworkers , how about the ones that say the same jokes over and over and over .

You give the polite chuckle while thinking " yeah , that was funny the first thousand times - get some new material PLEASE ! "
 bamagrl68
Msg: 711
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 11:22:29 AM
trinity818- Let me guess..................
The generation that started the buisness, that cared and worked and built it up, are now retired or passed on.
You are now working for their children, who could care less.
How did I do?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 712
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 11:32:04 AM
Butterchickenchuck- Right?!
It doesn't just happen at work though.
From time to time, when people say something funny and everyone laughs, some people will KEEP saying until it's WAY past being funny anymore.
Something about me that doesn't show here as often as I SHOULD show it, is I'm a bit of a cut up.
I can be pretty funny.
Me and my kids love to joke around and from time to time one of us is guilty of over using something that WAS funny.
When that happens, we declare it dead and impose "fines" for digging it up.
People who observe our little game look at us like we are nuts, but we crack ourselves up and have a good time. :)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 713
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 11:50:16 AM

Customer service has gone to hell, no one has the fear of being fired any more.
Oh, yeah, I could rant about THIS one for days.

Customer service has gone to hell, because customers have gone to hell.
Speaking to service people rudely, not getting off their phone, not knowing how
to initiate a conversation, asking for help by saying HEY or just starting off with
YA, DO YOU HAVE...
Customers have been told far too often they're always right...so they bellow until
they get what they want...right or wrong.

Yeah...I could rant on THAT one for days as well.
 StarClassic
Msg: 714
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 11:50:29 AM
Bama, I think I have a small grasp of your disgust. My mother was a Long Pointy Needle, LPN ;) , for 25+ years before burnout and manic depression sent her over the edge. When she worked ER she was in Her environment. It was after they moved her to the wards that stress and the work load started to take their toll. My step mother hadn't a kind word for mom, save for one thing. If dad had ever been shot or otherwise injured in the line of duty she wanted mom there in the ER.

This thing at work last night is a normal occurrence up in production, and there is frequently worse. You wouldn't believe the sh!t I've seen there in twenty two years. We've had stoners, we've had drunks, aaaaand we've had those who come in late, if at all, but frizzleballs and GBWB (gang banger wannabe) are trying really hard to outdo everybody past and present on all fronts. It doesn't help that their wanker foreman tends to play leader of the pack.
If it weren't for the fact that place pays better and has better benefits than others in the area, I'd have walked by now. Especially over the past year and a half given how I have to follow windowlicker back in our department.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 715
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 11:57:27 AM
Automated voice prompt parking apps. You have to voice activate and the thing is dead and dumb as a post so it takes you am hour of repeated menu booting and boo touts and a live operator to pay for a two dollar parking meter so you don"t get the thirty dollar parking ticket. I swear the Minneapolis police are in cahoots with the non working technical pay apps. Add road construction downtown to the mix and you have a two hour delay . Ugh

I will add phone autocorrect spelling butchering to the rant. Stupid phone
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 716
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 12:00:08 PM
We have this guy who comes to wash our pool cars every month or so. The thing that annoys me is he usually gets there before my shift even begins in the morning. It annoys me because I like to ease into my day, get settled before someone starts bugging me.

The guy I’ve worked with since 2004 knows this and starts an hour later than me. EVERY time the carwash guy is in, when my coworker arrives he’ll ask me “ so was he waiting outside the door in a sleeping bag ? “ ….The first time he said this , I don’t know how many YEARS ago , I thought it was funny.

Just the other day, the carwasher was in again so I knew my coworker was going to say it for the zillionth time. When he said it again, I cringed inside , DIDN’T politely laugh and just said in as bored a tone as I could muster “ yup “ and didn’t even look at him, hoping he’ll get the hint.

He’s my boss , though, so it’s not like I have the luxury of being brutally honest by saying something like “ ya know what ? You ask me that every time and it’s really starting to make me think dark thoughts in a Hannibal Lechter kind of way. Just sayin “ .

I mean, I could but then it would be awkward as I’m sure he might be offended.
 trinity818
Msg: 717
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 12:16:52 PM
Bama,

Close. It's a bit more complicated. Business #1, that grandpa started (who has passed on) would still be doing ok (because it is managed by a non-family member), if business #2 hadn't sucked all the cash out of it. Both businesses are owned by son now.

Grandma and daughter now work for son along with grandson at business #2. Son who owns the place works hard, but he is carrying around a whole lot of baggage and can't seem to find a way out. He sees the problem, but feels helpless to deal with it. He will go down with the ship.

It's a very frustrating situation. I'm looking forward to making a positive change next year!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 718
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 12:19:47 PM
StarClassic- I'm actually facing a choice right now about going back to school.
I try not to look back on decisions, I don't think that is productive, but if I have a regret, it's not just going ahead and getting my RN.
It wouldn't have taken much longer and I would be making a lot more money.
It makes me a little crazy for some snotty new nursing grad that I could run circles around to get pissy with me for JUST being an LPN.
I've been taking steps for two months now to open up the opportunity to go back to school.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
It's either take 2 years and FINALLY get my RN, or go for something else (more than likely still in the healthcare field) that would take 4 years.
I'm 47, that's not old, I don't think, but I have to weigh my options as far as how long I will keep working once I get done with school.
I value your opinion and others here so any advice would be great (apologies for the hijack)............
What do you think?
Should I go to school less and stay in nursing, or go longer and do something else?
Being totally honest, burn out IS a factor.
Some days I can't imagine doing anything else.
I'm good at what I do, it's all I've known for a LONG time.
Other days, I can't imagine doing this past another 5 years or so, I'm already close to double above the average burn out rate for nurses. (it's 10 years, which should give people an idea of how hard the job is)
The practical part of me says just suck it up, get my RN so I can work as long as possible before I retire.
My heart says not to stay, if that's not what I TRULY want to do. (there IS some practicality to that too)
Decisions, decisions.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 719
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 12:55:12 PM
Bama, do your RN.

You will be able to find work ANYWHERE.

Let's say for example that you want to cruise the world?
Get a job as RN on a cruise ship.

You want to live on a tropical island resort?
Get a job as RN for the resort.

You want to pick up and travel around like a backpacker?
Anywhere in the world you can pick up as many or as few shifts as you want.

You want to move to a tiny country town?
Same thing. Any country town would love to have more nurses.

Not many qualifications can give you that much flexibility.
Go for it!!!
 ohenryx
Msg: 720
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 1:06:17 PM

bamagrl68
I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
It's either take 2 years and FINALLY get my RN, or go for something else (more than likely still in the healthcare field) that would take 4 years.

Guessing here, the 4 year plan would be something like NP or PA? (Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant)

I vote for the 4 year plan. PA is a damned good size step-up from RN (not knocking RN, just saying …)

I have known a couple of people who went down that road. They were able to balance work and school, support themselves while getting the better education. It can be done.
 StarClassic
Msg: 721
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 1:09:17 PM
What I think you need to do is look back at your career and weigh the good vs. the bad. I know you've had days where nursing has lifted you up, even above yourself. I also know you've had days where you've felt broken, downtrodden. Tally those up in their columns (write them down so you can focus on them) and then do some serious soul searching. Knowing there are more of those fvcked up days ahead, are you truly willing to face them? Is the value you get from nursing worth the mental and emotional price you pay? Is the additional income and prestige (RN) enough compensation?
 kj521
Msg: 722
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 2:25:32 PM
My Rant.......

Why would anyone on God's Green Earth delete Eric Summit?
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 723
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 2:37:25 PM
Eric?
Eric has been deleted?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. And POF forums.

Dear POF Forum management.
If you do not want the forums to be here.
Delete them.
Or make them only available to paid members.
This wanton deletion of posters for no real reason is pointless.

One of the best things about POF is these forums.
Even your staff come here seeking information for articles.
 Chromis1
Msg: 724
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 2:39:25 PM
^^^^^ I'm beginning to wonder if some of this is the result of random roaming POF bots gone bad. I went out twice with a woman a short while ago and, since that time, her profile has been deleted twice. She's never posted in the forums, not once.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 725
RANT
Posted: 12/8/2015 2:47:09 PM
^ Hmmm... Coincidence? Please be advised that anything you say constitutes making a statement. And everyone can see you behind that dog, fyi.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT