Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 9Pluto
Msg: 51
view profile
History
RANTPage 3 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)

Toilet paper goes over. That is how it is pictured in the patent

No. The original patent pictures it rolling from under.
 Maleman999
Msg: 52
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 8:12:41 AM
My rant is garbage-or people who think my recycling box is a treasure chest filled with gold that's theirs for the taking. Scavenging is a very popular hobby around where I am. I haven't experienced that at other places I lived in the past, so I don't why it's now an occupation people want to get into. Scavengers are mostly interested in aluminum cans, or cans and bottles where they can get a refund for returns. They take the cans to some metal recycling plant and get paid per pound they bring in. Aluminum cans weigh next to nothing, and they only get very little per pound, so I don't know why they think it's worth their effort spending nights going around the city checking everybody's recycling box for very little money

When I put out the garbage and recycling box by the curb the night before garbage day, the scavengers come out of the woodwork and I can hear them rustling through the box. After one leaves, another one shows up a little while later, and so it goes all night long. I don't put aluminum cans in my recycling box because I don't want to encourage them to show up to my place. The cans go in with the regular garbage. It's no skin off of my nose if they find something in my blue box that's of value to them. But the problem is sometimes they make a mess if they're desperate to find where I put the aluminum cans. I usually have a shopping bag filled with plastics that go in the blue box, and sometimes they will pull out some of the contents, thinking I secretly hid the aluminum cans or returnables among the plastic. I put out one garbage bag, and sometimes I will find they either untied it to check the contents, or they will rip a hole in it to see what's inside the bag. And of course, they never put the plastics they tossed out back in the bag, and just leave it on the lawn or sidewalk.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 53
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 8:24:42 AM
My rant is against lousy design in general.

* Cell phones that are designed, not to fit in your hand and be easy to grip, with buttons and features in the right place so that you don't hit them by mistake...but rather so that they look absolutely fabulous flying through the air (sleek! shiny! slippery! square!) but slide out of your pocket onto concrete every time you move , and the mute button hits your cheekbone whenever you answer, and the ringer gets switched to silent by the action of putting it in your pocket, and so on.

* cars with either no cup holders at all, or cup holders that slide out, and block access to the radio if you have the temerity to use them (I'll never buy another Subaru).

* Street signs, allegedly for drivers to read, which are placed so that only pedestrians can see them in time to use them. The DC area has many such signs, which only tell you which exit you have taken AFTER you have taken it.

* No Parking signs, which require a calculator and an English Translation master to figure out, or worse, contradict themselves. We have some which say "2 Hour Parking 7am to 6pm weekdays Towing enforced at 4pm." Entertaining.

* Under-building parking lots where it never occurred to the designer that ceiling supports would prevent at least half of the slots from being accessible to anyone not on a motorcycle.

* Building designers who put a premium on "being cool," over practicality, and so made it impossible to read the address on the building until after I pay for parking and actually walk up to it.

* Whoever invented "casement windows." They don't open in any useful manner for any task other than pinching the owner or allowing bugs to enter, and must be architecturally modified or removed entirely if anything is to be added, such as insulation or gods forfend an air conditioner.

* Television packaging designers who don't realize that SOME people still need to know how wide and tall a TV is before they buy it, and so fail to publish the outer dimensions of the set anywhere.

* Website designers who tell us to contact the company with questions or concerns, and then fail to provide any functional button marked "contact company."
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 54
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 8:35:13 AM

so I don't why it's now an occupation people want to I don't know why they think it's worth their effort spending nights going around the city checking everybody's recycling box for very little money

I actually know the answer to this. Some people collect bottles to help support their families. Some do it because they don't want to collect welfare. Yes, it's hard work. And it contributes to a clean environment. In Vancouver a group of people developed a code of etiquette for persons to follow when going through garbage. In my city it really doesn't seem to be a problem - people who do this for a living don't leave messes behind. In some public areas there are little cages attached to garbage cans where people can drop their returnables and the persons who collect them don't have to dig through the garbage. When I lived where there was a back alley behind my house I would put the returnables in a clear plastic bag so collectors could just grab them as they were walking by. I rather appreciated the free service.
 Like2dance
Msg: 55
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 8:59:11 AM
Upon reflection I have no complaints and therefore nothing about which to rant. This in part is due to the fact I no longer bother with online dating. I meet plenty of dateable women IRL.
 ohenryx
Msg: 56
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 9:08:51 AM

OnRunFoLy
1 - Ever since Ashley-Maddison was exposed, there are exponentially more horny old coots in my area of the pond.

I can think of two good answers to this one. In no particular order,
1) What’s wrong with horny old coots anyway? (speaking as one myself)
2) If they’ve all left Ashley-Madison, then perhaps you should migrate there?

Seriously enough, I have advised a number of women to try out AM. Women in my age group, who complain that they are invisible, that they never get a date, etc. I advise them, “Put up a profile on AM. You will get attention from men. You will get dates.”

And by the way, on the subject of toilet paper: I never put mine on the roll. Just leave it out, and close to hand.
 shutterblink
Msg: 57
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 10:44:03 AM
Two for me today:

1. Highway driving: Slow moving vehicles keep right. There are signs and everything so move that POS over.

2. Stop asking me for more pics! You obviously liked the ones you saw or you wouldn't have contacted me, if you want a clearer idea of what I look like then lets meet.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 58
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 10:49:00 AM
^ Maybe they want to see more skin. That way they don't even need to meet - they can just pleasure themselves while talking to you online.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 59
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 11:08:21 AM

maleman999 :
My rant is garbage-or people who think my recycling box is a treasure chest filled with gold that's theirs for the taking. Scavenging is a very popular hobby around where I am. I haven't experienced that at other places I lived in the past, so I don't why it's now an occupation people want to get into. Scavengers are mostly interested in aluminum cans, or cans and bottles where they can get a refund for returns. They take the cans to some metal recycling plant and get paid per pound they bring in. Aluminum cans weigh next to nothing, and they only get very little per pound, so I don't know why they think it's worth their effort spending nights going around the city checking everybody's recycling box for very little money

When I put out the garbage and recycling box by the curb the night before garbage day, the scavengers come out of the woodwork and I can hear them rustling through the box. After one leaves, another one shows up a little while later, and so it goes all night long. I don't put aluminum cans in my recycling box because I don't want to encourage them to show up to my place. The cans go in with the regular garbage. It's no skin off of my nose if they find something in my blue box that's of value to them. But the problem is sometimes they make a mess if they're desperate to find where I put the aluminum cans. I usually have a shopping bag filled with plastics that go in the blue box, and sometimes they will pull out some of the contents, thinking I secretly hid the aluminum cans or returnables among the plastic. I put out one garbage bag, and sometimes I will find they either untied it to check the contents, or they will rip a hole in it to see what's inside the bag. And of course, they never put the plastics they tossed out back in the bag, and just leave it on the lawn or sidewalk.

I noticed the same issue in my neighborhood. And they always leave a mess after rummaging through it. How much money can a person make collecting cans and bottles?
 Olivoil
Msg: 60
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 12:56:52 PM
TimidTraveler and five-marie, I too have that bit** resting face. Wish I had a twoonie for every time someone asks me "are you all
right" or what's wrong?

Here's a hint...most older people do look grumpier when they are not 'on'.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 61
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 1:00:49 PM
Like all cities, Vancouver has pan handlers. But in the bedroom community I live in, there aren't any. There are some who hang around the bottle recycler and people can give them their cans and bottles if they want to. Nobody ever gets asked or hassled in any way. The people who hang out there also get up at 5 in the morning on garbage day and collect recyclables. They don't make a mess, and people like Baby leave cans and bottles for them on other days.

However....on the North Shore of Greater Vancouver, the same system was working. Some guys would go around with their carts and pick out recyclables from Blue Bins. Then there were a few people in late model, luxury cars who started getting in on it. They drove, and worked for speed. So they just dumped the bins out on the lawn and drove on. The municipality there had to bring in a bylaw to stop binning. Not because of the people who were doing it for sustenance, but the ones doing it out of greed.
 sealady111
Msg: 62
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 2:18:28 PM
Henry... There is a difference between getting a 'date' with a 'horny old coot' or 'a married horny old coot on AM' and a date with someone you want to be with.
Your comment has encouraged me to climb back up on my soap box.

So my rant of today is in the differing understandings and definition of the word 'date'.
It is an outing with the hope and intention of getting to know each other for romance.

It is NOT....................... Hello, get naked then goodbye.
OR... Hello, will you please have sex with me and support me financially for the privilege.

This goes for people on the entire gender spectrum.

Prostitution is a profession and there are lots of people willing to provide sexual gratification in exchange for money.
If that is what you seek from either side of the profession, please use the profession and stay away from dating sites.

Ahhh time to climb down.
Thank you Henry... I feel much better.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 63
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 2:28:54 PM
TimidTraveler- Transparently I have an "angry" resting face.
My reaction, when told, was I DO?????
But, I'm thinking that's all, I promise.
To make an effort NOT to, I started going around with a slight smile on my face,soooooo.............
I'm in the grocery store making a serious effort at this semi smile and the clerk looks at me and says "Want to share the joke?"
WHAT?
Seeing the puzzlement, she says you've been smiling the whole time you were in line, you look like you know something funny, so tell me."
At that point I drop the semi smile and go back to my normal resting face, to which she says, "well I didn't mean to make you mad."
SIGH! :D :D
 2ufo
Msg: 64
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 5:14:45 PM
I also have a passive face which makes people ask me what's wrong. To make it worse, I don't always wear my glasses so add a peering squint.

Still, as bama says,

I'm in the grocery store making a serious effort at this semi smile and the clerk looks at me and says "Want to share the joke?"

It happens to me all the time. I just say, 'it's personal'.
It's personal because there is no joke and I was probably mentally planning what to do tomorrow.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 65
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 5:50:57 PM
2ufo- I could have sworn the first word I typed was apparently, not transparently, I think spell check has it out for me.
Maybe it's my "angry" face. :D :D
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 66
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 6:04:00 PM
People in my building that can't look after their organic recycling properly. Stop cooking and eating like a friggen pig, eat what you cook, eat the leftovers or freeze them, stop it with the disgusting pounds of grease and fatty meat stuff, so I can go throw out my organics without having to do acrobatics to avoid puddles of disgusting runny crap.
Guess what too, I'm the only one in my building without a bug problem.

Grunt.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 67
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 6:38:03 PM
oh, right, this is the dating experience thread...so something related to that. oops. Sorry.
edit: v lol. ok cool
 bamagrl68
Msg: 68
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 6:44:33 PM
ThatGirlNamedAlli- No, we are just ranting now, this ranting thread is cathartic.
Rant away.
Darn, non recycling, messy people.
And that reminds me...................
WHY do people think it's ok to stop and chit chat at the grocery store and block the isles so no one can get by???
It's special fun when they look at you and say "Did you want to get by?"
NAH, feel free to stand there and yap away, I have ALL day to wait on you, by all means, proceed. :D
 Ouija2025
Msg: 69
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 6:46:18 PM
^^^ Might meet him at the recycle bin :/
My rants ( well complaints) tend to change to often to have a real list. Pet peeves more like.
I'm just happy to see toilet on the holder! I of course turn it the proper way ( the wrong way is like the end of civilization) But I know a few people who make stuff out of the cardboard tube - shudder.
* off to start a craft project*
 bamagrl68
Msg: 70
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 6:52:28 PM
ouija2025- I call first dibs on........what WOULD you make with an empty toilet paper roll? Never mind, I just want......whatever it is.
Except, it can't look like a clown, they scare the crap out of me, oh, and it can't even Slightly resemble Justin Beaber, he gives me the creeps, and it can't catch fire, because,well, because.
So make THAT, ok? :D :D
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 8:26:45 PM
What about people holding the camera when something unexpected happens? And even when it's not unexpected but is planned. All those videos of funny stuff or scary stuff or whatever...you're watching it, and pow, when something crazy or unexpected happens, for some reason the camera-view shakes wildly and you're looking at the ground or something off to the side, and you practically miss what the vid is about. Hold the camera still already! Or don't even post or show it if we don't get to actually see what it's about because when the main-feature takes place all of a sudden the one holding the camera magically trips or has an epileptic fit.

an Angry Resting Face

Yea, I got one of those. My normal-neutral expression looks like I'm "too serious" or pissed or something. Will walk by a mirror and see myself and jump and say "oh sh!t who's that guy? What's his problem?" Haha!

garbage-or people who think my recycling box is a treasure chest filled with gold that's theirs for the taking

And why is the bed of a pickup truck a garbage can? Don't throw your crap in the bed of my truck you arseholes! What's up with that??

Cell phones that are designed, not to fit in your hand and be easy to grip...

These days can't even touch or pick up a phone without pushing some damned button somewhere for something. I look to use it and find that it's on some screen or doing something that I got no idea what is.

Street signs, allegedly for drivers to read, which are placed so that only pedestrians can see them in time to use them...

Already turn into a street, and only then do I see the "no construction vehicles" sign. Oh great. People waiting behind me, and have to use a telescope to read what the times are during which you're allowed to make a right or left turn or enter that street. Don't make no sense, yo.

Building after building with no address on them. Tying up traffic turning around 5 times or pulling into and out of place after place looking for which one is a certain address.

Not turning off your "open" sign, or turning it around to say "closed", while also having lights on inside the building, and you park and get out and find it closed.

The place that I pulled into because there were cars in the lot, doors were open, and people walking around...and after parking and getting out find out that it's closed. Guy said that it says so on the marquee. But in fact it just has a sentence telling everyone to come see their selection in spring. You're navigating traffic and paying attention to other things, so you're not going to read a book on a sign just to decipher if it's open or closed, especially with cars and people present and the doors open. I need a quick simple opened-or-closed communication, dumbass, to use my 2 seconds while driving to make my decision whether or not to pull in.

...if there is a posted work-zone-lowered-speed-limit along a road, but no people or vehicles out working at a particular time, do you slow down or not?? One police officer or trooper says yes, and another says no. Both will scold you for doing either. So somebody needs to tell all of the officers and troopers which is the case. Get those fellers all on the same page already.
 sealady111
Msg: 72
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 8:38:09 PM
OK Cars and car parks.
How long does it take to get in the car, turn the key and drive?

Some people fluff around and do, who knows what, for an eternity.
The length of time between sitting in the car and driving away seems to be mathematically linked to how much you are in a hurry, scarcity of parking places and how much traffic you are disrupting by waiting.

Boats.
The size, speed, volume of doof doof music and wake of a motor boat is inversely proportional to the size of the skipper's penis.
Especially in quiet secluded bays.

School zones.
WHY do we all have to slow down to 40km/hr during school zone times when there are no kids around.
Some schools start and finish at different times and schools have different holidays.
And if there are hundreds of kids around to go to an excursion or whatever, drivers are driving at much higher speeds legally.

PLEASE have a push button system so that teachers can make the 'go slow' lights flash whenever kids are around and not when they are not. The same with preschools, child care centres and other areas where there are lots of kids. e.g. sporting fields, swimming pools etc

Shopping centres ... What the?
Parents with giant strollers and prams who block everything.
People who get off the escalator then STOP.
People who are walking along at the same speed as everyone else, then STOP.
People who push in and demand to be served ahead of the rest of us waiting.
People who walk along so close behind you that they step on your heels.

Uncontrolled dogs who steal shoes, bras and anything else within reach.
Oops.... that is my dog.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 73
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 10:42:44 PM
SeaLady, you reminded me about uncontrolled dogs. This is a big one:

In the past three years I have been attacked and hurt by eight, unleashed, out of control dogs while walking on the riverfront and snowshoeing. On National Forest Service trails dogs must be leashed or "under firm voice control." That's too open to interpretation. Everyone thinks their dog is under firm voice control.

Two years ago I was snowshoeing in a deep snow trench along Devils Spur Trail. A pack of six, unleashed dogs rushed me, barking and growling. Two dogs jumped up on me, knocking me sideways in the trench, painfully twisting my knee. My face was at the level of the bared teeth of two snarling German Shepherds. It was terrifying. "CALL your dogs!" I shouted to the owners below at the trail head. "Control your dogs! They are required to be on a leash!"

"They're friendly," the female owners called lamely. The women did nothing to help me. I struggled to push myself up. Somehow I managed to get around the pack of dogs. It took seven months for my injured knee ligament to heal.

Why do dog owners think they are the exception to leash laws? They make the lamest excuses: "He never bit anyone before." "You kicked my dog!" an elderly woman screamed, enraged. Actually I missed. I tried to kick her horrid little dog away when it tried to bite my ankle.

Don't get me started on small, out of control, constantly barking, jumping up little dogs. I hate their shrill barking ("Isn't she cute?"), long, bloody scratches on my shins ("She's just saying hello"), tripping over dogs on the trail ("She's a herding dog.")

I broke up with two men because their out of control, obnoxious, untrained little dogs. On one backpacking trip, the man's small corgi kept stopping on the trail, tripping me. I nearly fell off the cliff. "She's a herding dog," he said. Frustrated, I made him tie the dog to his belt with a rope. It was satisfying to watch the dog jerk him around. I dropped way back to get away from the sound of the dog's constant, high barking.

That night he insisted the dog sleep in the tent. Of course the dog barked at every rustle and leaf falling. All night long. I got zero sleep. I had a plan: kill the man and then kill the dog. But he had the map and knew the way, so he was safe.

I LOVE hiking trails where dogs are prohibited. Some selfish owners bring their dogs anyway. ("I can't leave her in the car.") Excuses, excuses.

Show respect for other people. Control your dogs.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 74
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 11:52:52 PM
And that is the problem with many dog owners. They put them above people, really. If it was a contest between who dies, their dog or you, no question their dog lives and you should die. I cannot get over that. I never had dogs, but still...When someone told me a while back they view them as children, it was hard to believe but now it seems obvious they do.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 75
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/11/2015 11:53:38 PM
a guy who wont drive two hours to meet I think is fair enough as he has to drive two hours home as well. If a guy is keen I am sure he would be happy to drive an hour, that seems reasonable to me. Or you can arrange to meet halfway somewhere.

Men may want a woman half their age but they have to pay for her. Let them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT