Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 751
RANTPage 31 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
..Mexico may have passed the US last year as the fattest country on the planet, but I'll bet the US still has a lock on most gullible people in the world...

I think that statistic is a little misleading..possibly Mexico has a higher % of people just over the obesity level..defined as 20 % or more above ideal weight

pretty sure from observation that the USA is still the world champion in the hyper obese category..e.g. people 100% or more over their ideal weight

the 400, 500 and more..pounders..
 2ufo
Msg: 752
RANT
Posted: 12/10/2015 1:33:15 PM
Tangofish...

I choose to believe that so-called paranormal events occur - particularly the ones that have happened to me. However, I'm not gullible enough to believe them - even the ones that happened to me - without exploring alternative explanations, evidence or outside confirmation. I choose to believe in the possibility of supernatural events, but don't look to the paranormal explanation first, second or third, fourth, fifth or even sixth. Supernatural events are low on my list of how something happened, but it is there as an option.

I love a good conspiracy theory and even the bad ones occasionally have entertaining ideas incorporated in them. I don't believe in most of the conspiracies I like and I'm too bored by the ones I don't enjoy to pay attention.

Critical thinking is an invaluable tool but it is a tool and not the reality.
Imagination is also an invaluable tool.
Coincidence is the universe telling me to PAY ATTENTION!

I think the point is people choose what to believe. Some people get locked into certain beliefs and then proceed to live their lives in that mind-frame; nothing can change their mind and everything only further proves their beliefs (i.e. evidence proves it's a conspiracy but lack of evidence also proves it's a conspiracy because 'they' removed the evidence).

As to why I choose to believe in the possibility of the paranormal, it connects the universe and the human mind together in a wider, more wonderful, beautiful, and occasionally scary connection. Which, considering how nifty both the human mind and the universe both are, is quite a fantastic leap.

Generally, though, I don't go about my life thinking about how I am currently thinking. I don't consider electricity when I turn on the lights, I don't consider chemistry when I make mayonnaise, I don't consider it mind-reading when someone I've been thinking of calls. I simply accept that the lights turn on, the mayo is tasty and I'm talking to a friend I haven't heard from in ages with a rainbow outside.

Of course, maybe I'm only afraid of dying and take courage from my beliefs.
 tangofish
Msg: 753
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/10/2015 2:03:49 PM
I'm talking about ghost, superstition, folklore, fantasy, monsters, curse's, voodoo, or any other form of nonsense.

As far as coincidence, trial, or other form of extra ordinary life event . I believe this happens one or two ways.

1. Is spiritual, a force of great influence with unlimited capacity to manipulate time/space/universe/existence.

2. Is syndicated, an organization with great influence over humanity. They're markedly capable of tracking identity, behavior and psychological categorization. Also able to construct reality and manipulate the lives of those outside the effort.
 2ufo
Msg: 754
RANT
Posted: 12/10/2015 2:29:55 PM
Some superstition/folklore has a beneficial basis.
For instance, some of the people who live in swamps (of New Guinea, I believe) have their houses on stilts much higher than necessary for the swamp itself because it prevents the ghosts from attacking them. However, the real benefit of 'believing in ghosts' for these people is that the stilted houses are higher than disease-carrying mosquitos usually fly. Always a good idea to ask 'what is the end result' of following this superstition?

For coincidence, I'll go with your option #1.
Sometimes I think it's a brain/universe interface that bypasses the regular senses.
Other times, I have other thoughts about it.
I usually say 'thank you' when I notice something of that nature as it happens.
 gtomustang
Msg: 755
RANT
Posted: 12/10/2015 5:09:34 PM
admittedly, I can't believe that an administration that would fake 9/11, couldn't pull off faking WMD in Iraq. Still....sometimes you hear the coincidences mentioned, and you go wow...what a small world that someone working for the CIA would own a business that crossed paths with some bad guy. Or how poorly some bureaucrat bungled something, that it looks like a conspiracy. Its like knowing how magic tricks are done, and then watching a magic show and catching the particular way that magician does an old Houdini escape. For example, you listen to how the 9/11 hijackers are still alive and think about it and go, "oh yeah, of course, they used fake passports of living people."

Its a brain teaser. As for the paranormal, the Amazing Randi had a million dollar reward for anyone who could prove it. it was probably brain exercise for him. one person claimed they could move a pencil on a table with their mind. so he asked for a demo, and slipped a sheet of plastic between their mouth and the pencil. Whoops! they were blowing on the pencil to make it move.

what I loved about the moonlanding was a Dave Berg cartoon in the Mad Magazine of the time--some kid applies for a job, the boss asks if he has experience, the kid mentions something about experience not being important, and how did we get to the moon if it was? Interesting point--if you can observe a problem, make intelligent deductions, and carry everything but the kitchen sink with you, likely you can deal with whatever you find.

no doubt the tech advancements helped--we might still be using computers with vacuum tubes, b/c why would it be worth investing billions on something smaller? vacuum tubes work fine. Just like we can't make cars that get better than 10 miles to the gallon. Necessity may be the mother of invention, but its father is obviously the good swift kick in the ass.

(speaking of rants, ever meet a fellow who just seemed to need every morning, after his vitamin pill with breakfast, a good swift kick in the ass so he could have forward propulsion for the rest of the day to get his work done? Pity there's no way to tell during the job interview. I was talking w/ a friend who has two of these where she works. I remember someone telling me there were people who were "useless" and "beyond useless". I think the former just stand there, out of the way of any work falling into their laps, and the latter find a way to stand in the way of work getting done. maybe its b/c I watched the movie the intern last night, Robert DiNiro's character has to nicely explain to the new generation how to get their act together).

what is the end result of following a superstition of raising up to avoid ghosts? you don't catch the mosquito born illness, so you live to tell your grandchildren your superstition :)
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 756
RANT
Posted: 12/10/2015 5:55:48 PM
While I try very very hard to respect the beliefs of others, I personally believe in the scientific method. Empirical evidence. That a hypothesis only becomes a theory when it lends itself to the potential to be disproven, but is repeatedly not disproven. And one more thing: I believe in the house hippo. I love him!

http://youtu.be/NBfi8OEz0rA
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 757
RANT
Posted: 12/10/2015 6:15:19 PM
Well you're going to have to be leaving crumbs of toast and peanut butter then. We all know that's not going to happen.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 758
RANT
Posted: 12/10/2015 6:29:36 PM
^ I'll tell you what. You take your meds every day, and the rest of us will try harder to follow your train of thought :)
 SLAFFA
Msg: 759
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 9:03:20 AM
Well I as going to answer a fresh request in the PR Forum, but I thought maybe IIIII am the one confused about something.

The Meet Me thingy. I did not want to misinform the lady. I see it in sooooooooooooooo many female profiles. I happen to think it is a silly feature on numerous levels personally but it seems quite a few Forum folks utilize it. Why do women keep saying in their profiles they can't see who wants to meet them? Maybe many folks don't have their Fishmail notices sent to a regular email addy ... where I believe the DEfault setting is to receive notices for anyone who DOES NOT click NO when they see your pic. In other words receive a notice, when someone clicks on Yes OR Maybe.

Is there something I am missing here?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 760
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 9:48:40 AM
This week I'm a freaky talk magnet for some reason. Two separate guys told me stories about how good sex was with their exes... Does something about me invite sharing that valuable info?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 761
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 10:13:17 AM

The Meet Me thingy.

Is there something I am missing here?

When I click on the tab that says "Users who want to meet you", I get a message saying upgrade now to see who.

Using the detective skills taught to me by Batman, I therefore conclude that I need to upgrade to see who wants to meet me (if anybody, in reality).
So, I surmise that is what women are talking about in their profiles.
They aren't upgraded so they can't see who wants to meet them either.

So they need to look at who "favorited" them.
 2ufo
Msg: 762
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 10:55:34 AM
SLAFFA...

Why do women keep saying in their profiles they can't see who wants to meet them? Maybe many folks don't have their Fishmail notices sent to a regular email addy ...

I can't see anyone who wants to 'meet me' on my profile and I've never received an email saying anything.
Maybe no one wants to meet me?

Oh well, I don't mess around with that feature, though I did go and play with it today after seeing your post.

ETA: Although I have been favorited once or twice.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 763
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 10:57:35 AM
^^^^

I did go and play with it today after seeing your post.

TMI !!!
 2ufo
Msg: 764
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:09:20 PM
^^^^^

???

'it' = the 'meet me' feature.

I think you misunderstood me.
I hope you're the only one who thought... whatever you thought.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 765
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:25:05 PM
^^^^^ No, that's my usual juvenile gutter sense of humour at it again.

( slow day at work )
 sun___flower
Msg: 766
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:56:09 PM
^^^ I like your sense of humor. :-)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 767
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 2:04:30 PM
^^^^^ You are very kind to say that Sunflower but....you must worry sometimes, wondering why you are the only regular forum member who actually doesn't find me annoying ?

I would hate to think of you lying awake at night agonizing over it .

moonbeamlover
Msg: 768
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 3:11:55 PM
Butter Chickenchuck you aren't that annoying so she shouldn't agonize TOO bad ;)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 769
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 3:29:06 PM
Moonbeam...key word " that " , haha.....I saw what you did there, but thanks just the same - I hope you have a very nice christmas !

purplerider1200
Msg: 770
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 3:33:23 PM
I meet all kinds in my work. Today, I had to deal with one of those that can write my future, and make me jump through hoops while putting his hand in my pocket. This a$$hat doesn't know that I have options, and don't have to step down to his level in order to make a living. I wonder, if he realizes that, if I could get away with it, I'd have laid him out with a two by four, and not regretted it- at all. Does he worry about being caught in a dark alley by someone who hates his guts?

I couldn't be that way. I've steered clear of those types, all of my life. It sets off my "Don't deal with them" radar, because I know they'd screw me over quicker than a cheap prostitute. If this is a sign of strength and power, then I want no part of that. I don't set out to intimidate everyone I see. How people can live their lives like that is beyond me.
 gtomustang
Msg: 771
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 6:43:57 PM
"How people can live their lives like that is beyond me"

>>>reminds me of a T shirt I saw at a bike show, "Everyone's a tough guy...until they actually meet one". They get away with it b/c no one's worse than them to set their ass straight. I got lucky at my last job, I had a bully like that, and just gave him a case of the "uh-huh"s while going around him. And since I was indispensable to what he needed to get done to look good to the higher-ups, he had to put up with it. Now that i'm retired, when I bump into him he asks when i'm coming back b/c my replacement isn't nearly as competent as he needs. its a nice form of revenge :)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 772
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 6:51:56 PM
gtomustang- Ug, bullies, especially in the work place.
My go to response is just to say "ok" and keep on going, or say nothing and do the same.
People like this LIVE to get other people upset, so I do very little or nothing.
I also have a patented "look", followed by a toothless smile that seems to telegraph that I WILL break out the crazy, if need be, but I save that one for when I'm not at work.
I'm told my "look" would strike fear into the heart of even Medusa. :D
 2ufo
Msg: 773
RANT
Posted: 12/11/2015 8:18:57 PM
Butterchickchuck...

You're not terribly annoying, merely mystifying.
But I find myself mostly mystified by men.

I couldn't be that way. I've steered clear of those types, all of my life. It sets off my "Don't deal with them" radar, because I know they'd screw me over quicker than a cheap prostitute. If this is a sign of strength and power, then I want no part of that. I don't set out to intimidate everyone I see. How people can live their lives like that is beyond me.

I don't understand how people can be that way either, but it's certainly no sign of strength or power.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 774
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/12/2015 12:00:46 AM
Rant:

I'm watching Toy Story the other night on t.v. A ticker-tape at the bottom starts scrolling "holtzclaw jury has reached a verdict" over and over and over. For 15 minutes. Then they stuck a view of the courtroom on one side of the screen overlapping into my movie. Nothing happening, just a view of the courtroom. For another 15 minutes. With the ticker-tape also still at the bottom. Then they split the screen, putting Toy Story in a little bitty box on one side, and the courtroom view on the other side. For another 15 minutes. With the ticker-tape also still at the bottom. Then they just left the movie altogether to show the judge reading through all of the guilty/not-guilty and number of years stuff...which would've been fine, by itself, except that when they went back to the movie, they hadn't paused it but instead a big gap was missing and we picked it up later in the story.

Before they'd left the movie altogether and showed the verdict reading...when they were just splitting my screen so I could see a view of the courtroom with nothing happening, therefore I didn't yet know of their full transgression to come...I got online, went to KOCO, and found the 'contact us' button. Wrote them a sweet letter.

Paraphrased - "Get that f-cking Holtzclaw bullsh-t off my god d-amned screen. I'm trying to watch Toy Story. You got news to report, report it during the news. Dumb-sses."
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 775
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 12/13/2015 12:10:56 AM
bwahahahaaaaaa.... the 'new moon' bringeth [the guy last week]

and a text taketh away.... lol

OH well, as my neighbor says - if you sit at the bus stop long enough, there'll be another bus shortly.... lol
oh hell, I'm still relocating up north, as I have discovered a new Associate's Degree (only being offered up there, not at the campus down here) that will help me in my future with new employment opportunities arising in Tasmania....
my 'bed partners' are going to be laptop & text books again.... LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT