Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo
Msg: 76
RANTPage 4 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
bama -

WHY do people think it's ok to stop and chit chat at the grocery store and block the isles so no one can get by???

I hate that and it's a good rant. I usually make a noise so they notice me and give them my regular, relaxed (angry) face. Although once I simply stood there and listened. When they were almost finished, I gave them my opinion of what they were talking about. They got all 'prissy'; 'that was a private conversation' the said.
Didn't seem that way to me, all out in the middle of the store and blocking passage so I HAD to stand and listen -- and I told them so.

LH - Uncontrolled pets.
Yeah, that gets me also. I usually have enough "alpha" body language to make them not jump on me unless I allow it but it irks me to see so many unleashed pets wandering around (although all my current neighbors are smart enough to use leashes).
Not that uncontrolled kids are much better.
Or uncontrolled adults.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 77
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 5:45:20 AM
Lettuce, on sandwiches, in restaurants. The purpose of the lettuce is to have crunch in your sandwich, and a bit of a fresh veggie.

The problems;
LIMP lettuce, gag.
The wrong kind of lettuce, leaf lettuce instead of head lettuce. Yeah, it kind of looks pretty, but it has NO CRUNCH. And it's slippery, so everything slides around when you try to eat it.
Head lettuce, BUT, they include the tough thick heel portion. Hey, it's a sandwich, not a salad.
CHUNKS of lettuce, on a sandwich, WTH?

And come to think of it, sandwiches in general. Piling up the filling all in the middle, so it looks like really generous filling. But if you don't take your sandwich apart and spread the filling evenly, by the time you get to the outer edges, there is no filling.
Same with mayo, mustard, etc. They put a big glop in the middle, so it squishes out, endangering your clothing, but by the time you get to the outer edges, there is no condiment out there.

Yes, I take my sandwiches apart, examine each component, spread, rearrange and discard parts. Then I can eat.
 Olivoil
Msg: 78
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 7:31:13 AM
Lettuce is one of my pet peeves too.
I don't understand why restaurants and supermarkets have to import lettuce from California when we have amazing local lettuce here in Canada. It's offensive in a way that restos are too lazy to source local veggies in the summertime.
I know, first world problem...but I haven't had greens in a restaurant since 1990.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 79
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 7:55:02 AM
Same for tomatoes. Restaurants serve cardboard tomatoes when fresh, ripe, delicious tomatoes are right down the street.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 80
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 8:28:51 AM
TP tubes.. I only knew of napkin rings, however I found 101 things to make. Guess what you all getting from your Secret Santa? hahaha
 bamagrl68
Msg: 81
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 10:47:18 AM
loveisatemple- Not all dog owners are like that, but I understand because I see it too and it's especially frustrating for responsible dog owners to see people who aren't.
I see dogs tethered to trees/poles, out being walked without a leash, right behind where I live, there are one of the yappy dogs.
As far as the constant barkers, little dogs and certain breeds are notorious for this, but just as often, it's a sign the dog is NOT getting enough attention/training.
I got my first dog at 10 a beautiful, female, German Shepard I named Duchess.
That's not an easy first dog for a child, but before they got her for me, my grand father sat me down and told me how to train a dog and what the responsibility's were. He told me he would show me how to train her and care for her until I got the hang of it, but after that she was my responsibility and if I wanted to keep her, I had to take care of her and I KNEW he meant it.
It took me a little while to catch on, but once I did, it took for life.
After her, I had a female Boston terrier (Molly), a male half Chihuahua, half pug (Rascal) and now a male half lab, half rottweiler (Groucho).
I've leash trained, house broke, taught them tricks, command training.
When it's just me and Groucho, sometimes I let him break the rules, but he is so well trained I can get him to sit just by pointing to the ground/floor and I will NOT let him misbehave around people.
Yes, I'm one of those people that thinks of my dog like a child, but I DO take people into consideration when I'm out with him and any GOOD dog owner does.
I've never been in a situation where ANY of my dogs attacked, scratched, bit, etc., but IF that were to happen, of course I'm going to pick the person, but that hasn't happened BECAUSE I am a good dog owner.

Edit to add- NOW, does anyone want to discuss something FAR worse............
People who go out in public and let their children act like total brats. :(
I almost don't trust myself with THAT rant.
You became a parent, WHY?
DO SOMETHING WITH THAT AWFUL KID!!!!! :(
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 82
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:33:55 AM
bamagrl68:

I've never been in a situation where ANY of my dogs attacked, scratched, bit, etc....NOW, does anyone want to discuss something FAR worse...People who go out in public and let their children act like total brats.

I have never had an unfamiliar child attack, bite or hurt me like dogs have done.

Because I have been repeatedly attacked, I now feel afraid of strange dogs. That's a shame, because I grew up with wonderful, loving Labrador Retrievers. Lady won the Michigan State Dog Obedience Championship twice. As a result, I have high standards for dog behavior.

But now I feel afraid of strange dogs. I am not afraid of children.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 83
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:42:10 AM
Liter Hiker- Funny, ha ha.
You mean to tell me there aren't rabid children up in those mountains?
I keep a tranquilizer gun on me, just in case. The darn things are quick, but so am I. :D
I THOUGHT I was obviously talking about people out with children who let them scream and run around and generally aggravate the HECK out of adults who actually teach their children how to behave.
But hey, feel free to twist my meaning at your leisure, just know that the person looking foolish might not be the one you think.
Cheers :)
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 84
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:49:41 AM
People who tell each other on FB how much they love each other and how much they enjoyed some event they experienced together last night, or five minutes ago, or even right now.

Don't these people talk to each other?
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 85
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:53:57 AM
oh my gosh, yes, lili. I have several friends who will post, as if to their husband/boyfriend "I'm so grateful to have you in my life, I love you so much" or something.
Seriously? go tell them. I realize maybe they're out of town or something, but still, call them. Chances are they aren't even on facebook or won't catch that before it gets buried. It's like they're doing that for others benefit for some reason.
Spare us the puke session and act like an adult, not a silly 13 year old.

I've been very very tempted to comment "go tell them that, they'll appreciate it more than saying it on here". But they are good friends and I just don't want to put up that awkward wall.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 86
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:58:56 AM
LiliMarleen- I see it ALL the time, even people that SHOULD be mature enough not to.
It YELLS, look at me/us, we are SO happy, can't you tell how happy we are, oh we just are SO in love, GAG!
I also see a lot of people that ALL they post are selfies, conceited much?
Then there are the people that think it's a good idea to air out their dirty laundry for everyone to see.
I unfriended my own sister over the last one.
EVERY post, ranting and raving, do they REALLY think they are getting people to take their side?
Doesn't every one know by now that employers often look at the facebook pages of potential employees?
I've made the mistake of posting something I shouldn't have twice and I'm lucky there were no repercussions, that was a LONG time ago and I don't do that anymore.
HELLLLLOOOO, once it's out there, it's out there, for ANYONE to find.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 87
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 12:43:34 PM
Hi bamaglr68,

Glad you saw the humor in my response. My ex-husband and I never let our daughter disturb other people in restaurants. We taught her appropriate behavior. As a baby and toddler if she pitched a fit, one of us took her outside while the other adult finished eating. Then we switched.

You're right, out of control children are aggravating. But vicious dogs are dangerous.
 Olivoil
Msg: 88
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 12:52:55 PM
Bamagirl, can I pick your brain about something dog related? I'm a little too old to get through your filters. :)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 89
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 1:08:41 PM
Well, that's weird, the wrong reply just posted in the wrong forum???
 bamagrl68
Msg: 90
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 1:14:09 PM
olivoil- Let me try again, yes, I will be happy to answer any questions you have. :)

@literatehiker- I took that the wrong way, a sense of humor can be difficult to convey online, apologies.
Yes, dogs can be dangerous, but in the hands of the right owner, the majority of the time they aren't.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 91
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 2:36:10 PM
Dear bamagrl,

Out of control children are much easier to deal with than vicious dogs. With screaming children we can walk away safely. That's not the case with attacking dogs.

I tried to use light humor to get my point across. I disagreed with your statement that out of control children are worse.

After being repeatedly attacked by dogs, there is an emotional cost: FEAR. Now I am afraid of strange dogs. It takes tremendous self-control not to show my fear, when unleashed dogs appear while hiking. The owner is often far behind. Dogs become aggressive when they sense your fear.

I learned: Don't stop. Stand tall. Look assertive. Never look the dog in the eye. Don't break your stride. Walk assertively past dogs. Keep going.

Friendly dogs are pretty easy to spot. I see their wagging tail. I can usually relax around Labrador Retrievers and Golden Retrievers. Certain dog breeds are more aggressive and scary: Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Boxers and Rottweilers.
 sealady111
Msg: 92
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 2:40:29 PM
CHILDREN!!!

Some of my best friends have been children. Even I was once a child.

BUT....

Begin rant...

Children who:
Scream on airplanes, trains, buses.
Kick the back of my seat.
Pull down displays in shops.
Throw tantrums.

You get my drift.

AND parents who think their children are everyone elses responsibility.

I have been unfortunate enough to experience...

Coworkers bringing their kids to work. Two little boys were running rampant through the office, screaming and shooting suction cap darts. One stuck to my forehead, just missing my eye. I was on a business phone call.

Parents who bring their children and /or babies to an adult party and expect others to entertain them.
One father even said to me... Australia is not as good as Italy. In Italy at parties he was free to do as he wished as others cared for the baby.

A professional couple with 4 children and expecting their 5th who had just emigrated to Australia complaining that they had to pay for their own childcare. In other countries the tax payers fund child care..... The hostess stepped in just before I suggested that they may be happier living in those other countries.

I remember reading a story about a a dangerous dog attacking a child...
The toddler had been taunting the labrador for ages and the dog retaliated when the child stuck a lit sparkler up the dog's nose.

Dogs, parents and children are great when well behaved.

My brown dog is a rescue dog. I have had him for 4 years.
My black dog is new to me. Just turned one and I am her 4th home.
Her most recent past people were two men in their 20's living in a car!!!
They had to find her a new home when they found a flat.

It is not the children nor the dog's fault.

It is the irresponsible adults who take on kids and pets without realising the responsibility.

Perhaps we need licences and training to become both a parent and a pet owner.

LH, Yes dogs can recognise fear.
Try carrying a couple of dry dog biscuits when hiking. Or people cookies.
If you get scared by an approaching dog throw it a treat and try to speak with authority.

ps. Labrador type wagging tail dogs and coffee tables are a dangerous mix.

Walts
Msg: 93
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 3:18:43 PM
It really peeves me off when children actually act like children.

But, in saying that, what really sets me off more is how the adults react to children acting like children.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 94
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 3:18:44 PM
^ I adore ADHD kids - I find them highly entertaining (in limited doses, to be sure). I couldn't figure out why they're so hilarious, and then I realized if someone says a hundred things per minute, statistically speaking one of those things is going to be funny.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 95
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 3:22:59 PM
sealady111- The worse thing my dog is going to do is pee on the grass and turn it brown. :D

Children, OUT of control, oh,where is the headache medicine?
I come across out of hand children MUCH more often that dangerous dogs.
My former sister-in-law adopted a child when she was in her 50's. She has plenty of money, so the child gets whatever she wants, but my sister-in-law will NOT discipline her, she just buys her things and let's her do whatever she wants.
Wow, is SHE a holy terror.
Smarting off, talking back, running around screaming and hollering, it got to the point where I could NOT be around her.
Then I left my ex, so problem solved, I don't even want to THINK about what she's like now.
These children MIGHT luck out and somehow become responsible, functioning adults, but anyone that thinks that out of control children aren't dangerous should make a trip to a juvenile dentition center, or juvenile court.
Children that DO hurt other people don't get that way over night.
Give me a choice to stare down that viscous dog, or deal with that child intent on hurting me and I'll pick the dog, easy.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 96
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 3:33:59 PM
Walts- I don't think anyone is talking about normal childhood antics, maybe talking a little too much, someitmes getting loud, breaking some things while playing, etc., we've all done that.
I'm talking about these kids throwing themselves on the floor, pitching a fit, purposely breaking things, all while the parents do NOTHING.
Take child A-
Child A is raised by parents that KNOW the difference between a child being a child or a child being a brat.
Child A might give you a hard time about bed time, asking for story's to be read and water at bedtime, they may yell and run around a little, ask questions every 5 minutes, but they will stop if you tell them to.
Now, take child B-
Child B is raised by parents who could care less what their children do as long as they don't have to deal with it.
Child B isn't GOING to go to bed, they are going to cry and scream and keep you up ALL NIGHT LONG. They aren't going to yell and run around because they think it's fun, they are going to scream and holler and pitch a fit to get their way at every turn, they don't ask questions, they give commands, if you ask them to stop, they act worse.
Now, you HAVE to baby sit either child A or child B, which one will you choose?
 sealady111
Msg: 97
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 4:32:03 PM
An interesting thing about kids vs pets.

A friend who is a nurse, and who has dealt with all sorts of human children body excretions could not handle cleaning up a puppy poop.
She was baby sitting a puppy, not mine, and it did what puppies do.... on her kitchen floor.

I was amazed.
Give me puppy poop over a human baby poopy nappy any day.

As to ADHD kids.
When I baby sit them, it is usually for an afternoon so I feed them red cordial and lollies, run them ragged then hand them back to mum and dad.

Hmmmm I am rarely asked to babysit more than once.
I wonder why???

p.s. I love reading kids bed time stories.
Can do it for hours.

pps I am also the person who gives children noisy toys.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 98
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 5:07:55 PM
children taste like chicken
Nearly everything does
except chicken
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 99
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 5:14:14 PM
^ I've never actually tried child.