Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 101
RANTPage 5 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Hmm. We've got two single women talking about cooking children.

Must be close to Halloween.

Which is another thing. A week and a half ago (still September) they had freakin' EGGNOG in the supermarket. Sometimes I think it's a good thing we have gun laws in this country, and sometimes I just wish I could get my hands on a full automatic.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 102
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 5:49:16 PM
"I love children, especially when they are roasted properly"-W.C. Fields. (LOL!!!) This made me remember that quote.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 103
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 5:51:35 PM
I can't stand kids/babies... Has to do with my ptsd. When there are kids around, I plug my ears. I carry earplugs.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 104
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 7:00:32 PM
sealady111- You know what I want to rant about, right now?
I'm making posts, I can see them post and some are staying where others can see them and respond,others....... poof, gone!
Quit messing with my damn posts, come on here and TELL me I'm doing something wrong, message me,WHATEVER, ban me, I DO NOT CARE!
Or, just kiss my ASS.
Stop messing with my posts, whoever is doing it, or REVEAL yourself.
(GOD, I freakin' can't stand a C-OW-A-R-D!) :((((((
 Meagan06825
Msg: 105
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 7:24:02 PM
I'm freshly divorced and my rant is : men who think that I am desperate for sex because I am freshly divorced.
 2ufo
Msg: 106
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 7:40:43 PM

LH, Yes dogs can recognise fear.
Try carrying a couple of dry dog biscuits when hiking. Or people cookies.
If you get scared by an approaching dog throw it a treat and try to speak with authority.

LH - you're a smaller woman, so if you do 'speak with authority', drop your voice a bit - make it come from the lower abdomen. Don't toss the treat AT the dog but in the opposite direction you are going, kind of skipping it along the trail for them to see. If you're hiking with a stick, they might feel the stick is threatening but keep it between you and the dog, stand taller and have your shoulders straighter. If it attacks, be prepared to let if have your jacket or backpack - if the dog is biting your bunched up sweater or your waist pack - well, he isn't biting you. I backed down a pack of about eight wild dogs by picking up a rock and telling the lead dog where I would be throwing that rock and how hard and how his own pack would tear his useless carcass apart. Ok, most of that was to keep myself from acting terrified but dogs are pretty good at understanding intentions and when I walked off at a tangent they relaxed because I was moving off their territory and I relaxed because they weren't following me though I did keep the rock until I got home.

I'm with sealady - I'd rather deal with a vicious dog rather than a vicious child (or a vicious adult for that matter) but mostly because I'm more sure of what a dog will do or attempt to do. With humans, there's no telling.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 107
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 7:48:42 PM

I'm freshly divorced and my rant is : men who think that I am desperate for sex because I am freshly divorced.

Yeah, the correct verb there isn't "think", it's "hope." Gretzky says you miss every shot you don't take.

Glad I could help.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 108
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 8:36:42 PM
Thank you, 2ufo. I appreciate your help. For a year after being attacked by dogs, on hiking trails I stopped and shouted to dog owners as they approached me with unleashed dogs:

"Grab your dog's collar NOW! Control your dog NOW!"

I was terrified. My voice was shrill and filled with fear. I didn't realize this alarmed the dogs. It upset my hiking partners. I didn't care if I upset the dog owners. I got them to control their dogs before they got to me.

Because my hiking partners were upset, I consulted an expert. She echoed your suggestions:

1. Pitch my voice in a powerful, lower register. As an alto singer, this was easy.
2. Stand tall and square my shoulders. Look as big and assertive as possible.
3. Don't stop. This makes the dogs come to me, thinking I want to pet them.
4. Never look strange dogs in the eye. They see this as a threat.
5. Walk strongly past the dogs. Keep going.

This worked.

However, I counter-attacked when one small dog ran toward me barking and growling. I threw my arms into the air and lunged at the dog, hiking pole in hand, shouting loudly in a low voice:

"NO! GO BACK! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!"

That dog yipped, wheeled around and ran back to the owner. "Good job!" my hiking partner said.
 sealady111
Msg: 109
RANT
Posted: 10/12/2015 11:28:08 PM
Exactly right LH.
Alto and Grrr.

Waving your arms in a shooing manner is excellent.

Try doing that with an out of control child. lol
 Seki1949
Msg: 110
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 12:02:21 AM

I've never actually tried child.

Tastes a lot like a Panda cub.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 111
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 1:45:04 AM
the trouble with the awful brats running wild in the supermarket is that smacking just makes them worse and it is not allowed in our country. I blame the preservatives in the food for some of their behaviour. Children are often not taught how to behave in public and run riot. Their parents are often just as ill mannered.

I have lived next door to a screaming brat for two years who acts like he is being murdered. But just reacts to the simplest thing in a very angry manner. He is lucky one of the neighbours has not actually murdered him!!!. He is just bad tempered and loud. Smacking does not help in that situation.

Rant over
 StarClassic
Msg: 112
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 7:35:10 AM

Begin rant...

Children who:
Scream on airplanes, trains, buses.
Kick the back of my seat.
Pull down displays in shops.
Throw tantrums.
Stab strangers in the ass with a pencil.

You get my drift.

I had to add one to your list.
Caught a kid about to do exactly that to a friend of mine in Sears.
 ohenryx
Msg: 113
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 8:34:01 AM

halftimedad
Yeah, the correct verb there isn't "think", it's "hope." Gretzky says you miss every shot you don't take.

Glad I could help.

+1

Excellent post, keep up the good work.

She is cute, isn't she?
 bAc0nflav0redbac0n
Msg: 114
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 9:11:52 AM
Gripe: people who photo shop lies.
 bAc0nflav0redbac0n
Msg: 115
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 9:19:45 AM
Jealous people. They are quick to point fingers at somebody else's endless dates. They can't get dates, so they hammer people who can and make up wild bacon about them.

I figure by the time one is 40, they have grown out of their growing pains. How do people still deal with this Much later in their lives? Something smells like Denny's bacon....
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 116
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 10:38:03 AM

............Denny's bacon..

My RANT?
bacOnflavOredbacOn, spelled my name wrong and I don't have any bacon.
( I copied and pasted your user name and the zero's ? don't show like yours? I changed them to big O"S, LOL)

So aside from the noisy snack food/foil crackling guy at Barnes and Nobles, a month or so ago, LOL Life is good!
Oh AND my "Boggles my mind" co-worker. Sheesh, how could I forget that? LOL
Oh AND the moron who let the door shut on my lil ol' aunt. Now he was just plain mean.
Aside from this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Life is good!

Hmmmm Did I forget anything? ( She scratches her head and ponders)

BTW, I love children. They can be returned, no money back though.
 kj521
Msg: 117
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 11:08:04 AM
"They can be returned, no money back though."

Not if they're your own. :(
And....when the stork dropped them off...didn't leave any money, either.

What's worse is that the heathens didn't come with any instructions!
Gosh! Even the crap I buy from Taiwan comes with some....course...I can't read it....but...hey...it's something! :/

Alrighty......guess that was my rant for the day! :)
 crookcatcher
Msg: 118
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 11:34:35 AM
The baskets that you use at the grocery store instead of a cart. When you're just going to pick up a "few things". Who designed that pos? Invariably one of the few items always needed....bread. It does'nt fit...not even close. Try and put it on top and the basket handles crush it. Nothing quite like squashed bread. :/

I try to avoid the carts because the 10 yr old inside likes to jump on and ride down the isle. Ya'll gotta have some fun while you can. ;)

ymmv
 Blackwood85
Msg: 119
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 1:23:24 PM
Girl: I like you.
Me: Thanks
Girl: You're not like most guys I've dated. You're not an ***hole.
Me: Oh..OK that's a good thing I suppose.
Girl: It's really good.

Few weeks later

Girl: I didn't think you were that into me.
Me: Why do you say that?
Girl: Well the guys I dated always *Insert stupid shit here*
Me: OK

Weren't you attracted to me because I'm not like the guys you dated, so why the **** are you freaking out? According to you, your boyfriend cheated on you multiple times and verbally abusive, I'm sorry that I'm not drunkenly calling you at 2 AM looking for sex, I have work the next day. And yes that was recently a real complain from a girl, that I didn't pick up the phone at 2 AM when she drunkenly called me looking for sex on a Wednesday and was upset that I didn't answer because lo and behold I was asleep, mind is ****ing blown.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 120
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 1:47:06 PM

And yes that was recently a real complain from a girl, that I didn't pick up the phone at 2 AM when she drunkenly called me looking for sex on a Wednesday and was upset that I didn't answer because lo and behold I was asleep, mind is ****ing blown.

Dude. Dude. Duuuudeee.

I don't know. Whenever I dated someone that at some point was looking for sex and I was not in the mood, I made a pack with them, that I would oblige to their needs. But when they were not in the mood and I was, that they would then reciprocate. I know, I know its a huge sacrifice, and let them know. Let them know that you could not stay awake the next day at work. Let them know that while driving you almost past out. Let them know that you love a little black dress with no underwear at that place you park before going to that awesome restaurant is so much better when the windows are completely fogged.

Hehehe
 Blackwood85
Msg: 121
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 2:47:19 PM
She was totally freaked out, like completely freaked out that I didn't answer, to the point that she showed up unannounced the next day at 1:30 AM claiming that I'm ignoring her which I wasn't because I texted her earlier that day explaining my reasons. She then apologized several times, claiming that she's just "weird" and hoped that I wasn't now turned off by her except that moment has completely turned me off, I was so freaked out though that she may stab me in my sleep that I just humored her until she left, I didn't even sleep with her I thought it may be a plot for her to bite my****off mid-coitus and run away with it in her damn mouth while I scream bloody murder. I'm still afraid that I'm going to find a dead bunny boiling on my stove even though I own no pets.
 kj521
Msg: 122
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 2:53:24 PM
Mr. Blackwood?

Sounds like you are in the habit of building them up, buttercup....and breaking their hearts. ;)
 Meagan06825
Msg: 123
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 4:28:55 PM
Here's to all the men who "hope"! Cheers! Raising a glass of wine to all of them.

Now where is that forklift?
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 124
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 5:01:07 PM

Girl: I like you.
Me: Thanks

Yeah….this is probably why she thought you weren’t into her, because when she said, “I like you,” you responded “Thanks.” What kind of a response is that??

If you were into her, wouldn’t you respond, “I like you, too,” not “thanks.”
To me that definitely says “not interested.”
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 125
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 5:05:14 PM

Now where is that forklift?

Uh. Oh.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT