Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crookcatcher
Msg: 126
RANTPage 6 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)

Here's to all the men who "hope"! Cheers! Raising a glass of wine to all of them.

Now where is that forklift?

Uh. Oh.

Well it's pretty obvious that's about a big glass? ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 127
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 6:57:41 PM
Thanks> You said thanks??? Doll I really like you but damn I would have called at 2 am just to explain THANKS wrong freaking answer
btw, hoping and performing is the diff between Oliver and Homer Simpson
 JoeBnD
Msg: 128
RANT
Posted: 10/13/2015 7:24:38 PM
Yeah, he should have said "I know." Thanks? Sheesh.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 129
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/14/2015 6:18:27 PM
The thing is I could see her thinking me saying "Thanks" meant that I wasn't into her even though that wasn't my intent to convey but that's not the reason she gave me, she was legit upset because I didn't pick up my phone at 2 AM when she drunkenly called me looking for sex nor does it explain her showing up at my door unannounced knocking at 1:30 AM when I'm again asleep, this time freaking out because I was "ignoring" her. That's not respecting someone's boundaries, that's not caring, that's crazy.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 130
RANT
Posted: 10/14/2015 8:02:19 PM
Blackwood85- The world has gone crazy if anyone is telling you it's normal for someone to show up at your door in the middle of the night, ranting and making demands.
Um, NO! I don't think so.
Goodbye and good rid-dense.
Yup, talk about an express ticket to dumped city, life is TOO short for that kind of bs!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 131
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/14/2015 9:30:54 PM
we no longer have the useless baskets in most of our supermarkets now. Just the wayward carts.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 132
RANT
Posted: 10/14/2015 9:33:20 PM
I only use baskets, not those huge carts that make me feel like I"m driving a car.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 133
RANT
Posted: 10/14/2015 9:59:31 PM
I am fed up with seeing tweets from random users, people or companies I don't follow in my Twitter timeline. I follow people that are relevant to me.
 Maleman999
Msg: 134
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 6:01:07 AM

we no longer have the useless baskets in most of our supermarkets now. Just the wayward carts.

It looks like you bought into the marketing strategy. The strategy of, the bigger the storage capacity, the more you will buy. That's why I use a basket if I'm planning to only buy a few things. I won't be tempted to pick up a thousand other things I wasn't on planning to buy if my storage capacity is limited. Another strategy of mine, which a lot of other guys have adopted as well, is to go directly to the aisles where what I want is located, instead of aimlessly wandering around. Most people use the carpet bombing technique, where they go up and down every aisle, examining every item in the store, in case there's something that catches their eye that they weren't planning to buy, but the packaging is too pretty to pass up, so in the cart it goes.
 overunity
Msg: 135
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 6:31:20 AM
^^^ "Another strategy of mine, which a lot of other guys have adopted as well, is to go directly to the aisles where what I want is located, instead of aimlessly wandering around."

Me too!
However some stores purposely counter this by occasionally rearranging the store layout to force us on an annoying treasure hunt.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 136
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 11:18:54 AM
But the basic stuff is always on the walls around the store, simply avoid walking down any aisles. However means you would miss stuff like bacon marmalade ( yummy) and Japanese sandwich spread ( not so yummy)
I shop by the credo of if it can be microwaved I'm buying it.
Price of pork just went up again.
 Meagan06825
Msg: 137
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 2:15:55 PM

Well it's pretty obvious that's about a big glass? ;)

Actually there are so many men in the world hoping, that there would be so many people raising a glass to them, that we would have a warehouse full of wine bottles and wine glasses. But a behemoth glass and some old fashioned plastic drinking straws could work!
 sealady111
Msg: 138
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 3:11:15 PM
I would like to rant about the diminishing range of choice in supermarkets.

Not sure if you in other countries are experiencing the same but here there are so many 'own' or 'house' brands that it is becoming much more difficult to buy a long time favourite.

Then of course there is the packaging.
A bag of chips / crisps is mostly air.

And often there seems to be more packaging than product.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 139
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 3:29:23 PM

A bag of chips / crisps is mostly air.

True. Open the bag and half full. Packed by volume not weight and the disclaimer...may settle in pkg. Lol

Here it's sugar. They reduced the price 10% and made the five lb. bag a four lb. bag reducing it by 20%. Save! Yeah right.

Notice the microwave popcorn bags have gotten smaller? A few years back a bag would make a bowl for two, now it's four or five half handfulls and gone. :/

Notice how the big chains sell so many things besides groceries? Sheesh most have an automotive and electrical section now, lets not talk about greeting cards, one whole side of an isle.

You may not be able to find a particular cheese but by god you can cast your eyes over every make and brand of wine and beer.

But I enjoy checking out though. Invariably the lady two people in front of me will have 2 or 3 price checks and that gives me the opportunity to see what's really going on in the world as I get to read the front cover of the Enquirer...alien babies...who knew? :)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 140
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 5:02:19 PM
Heh, this should be fun -

How long does it take to get in the car, turn the key and drive?

Some people fluff around and do, who knows what, for an eternity.
The length of time between sitting in the car and driving away seems to be mathematically linked to how much you are in a hurry, scarcity of parking places and how much traffic you are disrupting by waiting.

And what about those people who obnoxiously hold up parking-lot traffic because they're waiting on an empty parking space which doesn't even exist yet? Waiting on someone that they think is about to pull out. Holding up everyone behind them stuck and trying to get through the lot and get somewhere. How long does it take to get your key and drive? As long as it takes, that's how long. That person that you're insisting must leave because you said so, when you haven't the slightest idea what they might be needing to do, should not feel pressured by you and might not be able to leave just yet. Move the hell on and stop doing this crap.

Got in my car once, and was there for a few minutes, when someone knocked on my window. I said "what?" They asked why am I not leaving? I looked and this dipshit was parked in the middle of the lot, waiting on me, keeping 4 cars behind them stuck and unable to go anywhere. I explained that I'm not leaving yet, and if they're waiting on me then they are a mental retard. I had friends still shopping, and I was just coming out to the car early to sit for a spell.

Somebody who gets in their car might have some things to fool around with before they leave their space, and it's their prerogative and their need. If they're not camping out or using the space to sit on the phone for an hour, it's not up to you to make assumptions about how long it takes them as if they're going to forget themselves and perform a military lightning operation just so that you can get that spot...as if we're all supposed to wait in line for spots before they even open the hell up.

"Look everybody! I dot dibs on this spot! Even though it's not empty yet! And I'm assuming that the driver who just got into the car is able to just jump in, insert key, and go! And I'm going to hold up everybody else in the lot so that no one else gets this spot but me!"
 Maleman999
Msg: 141
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 5:22:13 PM
^^^I've had that happen to me just before Christmas at a packed mall. I remember an incident when I was coming out of a mall, and when I started walking through the parking lot, a car started following me. It was kind of creepy, because it was practically up my butt the whole time. So I when I got to my car, I got in on the passenger side, and sat there until the other car gave up and took off. What I also could've done is cut between the cars to get to another lane or two lanes over to throw him off, and then backtrack.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 142
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 5:34:31 PM

How long does it take to get in the car, turn the key and drive?

Some people fluff around and do, who knows what, for an eternity.

Especially at a gas station, when they can clearly see someone waiting for an empty pump.
 kj521
Msg: 143
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 5:50:11 PM
OMG! Mr. Drinks! And Mr. Maleman!

That's me! That's right! It's me....that you're talking about!

It not creepy! I need to park!

Now.....put your dang key in the ignition and get the freak out of the parking space!

No! You do not need to check your Facebook.....nobody liked your selfie you just took at the fountain in the mall....no one is interested in your snapchat video of you in sunglasses...singing "I'm Sexy and I know it!" behind the wheel of your car!

And yes! No need to check your hair in the mirror. It looks great! And.....your lipstick is fine! ;) ;)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 144
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 5:54:19 PM
Gotcha all beat at the grocery store- I ride so I can't make extravagant purchases. A basket on the elbow, I know exactly what I want. Parking? At Walmart, park on the concrete sidewalk so I don't sink into the asphalt. The store manager told me to. In, out, 20 minutes.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 145
RANT
Posted: 10/15/2015 6:05:54 PM

At Walmart, park on the concrete sidewalk so I don't sink into the asphalt.

What are you parking? A tank? :)
 StarClassic
Msg: 146
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 4:32:21 AM
He's parking a motorcycle CC.
I park the same way except for a different reason.
I've had a 73 KZ900 and a 78 FLH totaled out from under me. Both times I was sitting still in a parking lot when the cager hit me.
 ohenryx
Msg: 147
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 7:23:41 AM

crookcatcher
But I enjoy checking out though. Invariably the lady two people in front of me will have 2 or 3 price checks and that gives me the opportunity to see what's really going on in the world as I get to read the front cover of the Enquirer...alien babies...who knew? :)

Here in the ghetto, the hangup is often waiting while they “uncheck” items to get the total bill down to what the customer can actually pay for. This happens so often at my neighborhood HEB, I often drive 10 minutes further and pay more at the Kroger.

I actually feel sorry for the people who cannot afford food, but I don’t like waiting endlessly in line. And the HEB doesn’t have the National Enquirer by the check out lines, that would be a real improvement over what they do have.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 148
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 7:26:47 AM

I would like to rant about the diminishing range of choice in supermarkets.

Are you kidding me Sealady. They just opened a new renovated Kroger close to where I live. The Damn thing is the size of 3 football fields and even though it's as big or bigger than a Super Walmart, it's all groceries, not clothes, not lawn crap, just groceries. I went into an aisle looking for V8 juice and there was so many brands that I could not find the stupid juice. So, no, I can't stand that hugemongousness monstrocity of a store.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 149
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 7:32:19 AM

StarClassic :
I've had a 73 KZ900 and a 78 FLH

The original 1973 Kawasaki is actually a Z1-900. In 1976 it was replaced by the KZ900. How do I know? I’ve owned one of each, including a 1972 Kawasaki 750 two stroke triple.

How do you like your Yamaha cruiser?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 150
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 7:35:09 AM
That's another thing!

It used to be that the people on the covers of gossip magazines were people who were famous for, you know, doing stuff. Now I get in the checkout line and they're always showing me faces of people I've never heard of - the latest Real Bachelor with 19 Kids. Whatever happened to the glory days of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton travails?

And this week one of them was telling me about the troubles in the Sister Wives household. Turns out, the husband has been having an affair and all the wives are shocked - SHOCKED - that he can't keep it in his pants. When you're part of a harem that could field a softball team, how stupid do you have to be to not see this coming?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT