Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 151
RANTPage 7 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
Since you all spend so much time at the grocery store can you please tell me where old people get change as they never accept any? I mean if the bill is $4.98 they have it in change, even tho they have to rummage though various coin purses.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 152
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 8:47:26 AM

National Enquirer by the check out lines,

When going camping, I will pick up a few "smut magazines" at the check out counter. An easy/mindless read. A good source of humor, AND you can roll it up, start a campfire with it!

The year Muhammed Ali lit the Olympic flame, the National Enquirer ran a story on him. The BIG picture they used was of he, and his wife, Lonny, or so the caption claimed. Actually, the picture was, of he and one of his daughters. NOT his wife. I got a good laugh with that one!

My rant? WhoTheHell designed the entrance and exit drives for shopping malls? There is no rhyme or reason to the flow of traffic, the speed bumps ???(speed?), the curb lines and .................
Are you F'n kidding me?
The only vehicle fitting into THAT traffic lane/curve/pattern is the Mini Coopers, Smart cars, maybe a VW Bug and the occasional motorcycle.
My big truck and many others with SUV'S, can not manage to get from point A to point B, WITHOUT riding up on or over the curbs. Even cars can get hung up on a curb. It's just plain stupidity!
 Maleman999
Msg: 153
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 8:48:38 AM

Msg 148:
I actually feel sorry for the people who cannot afford food, but I don’t like waiting endlessly in line.

I don't have much patience for that either. But what burns my butt even more is when someone ahead of me has an item that's missing the sticker with the bar code on it, and the line comes to grinding halt, because the cashier has to page someone to go find the code, which could take a while by the time an employee shows up to find out what the item in question is, goes to the section where the item is, and returns with the code number. Whoever thinks computerized cash registers make line-ups move faster is dreaming.

And then there are the people who pick up an item that was on sale, and the sale is now over, but when they get up to the cashier, they will argue that they should get the item at the sale price because there is a sign that still has the sale price on it, even if it the sign says the end date of the sale. So there again, the line comes to a stop because the cashier has to page for someone to go check the price and return.

What I've done occasionally when I get into a line that comes to a stop because of a price check or someone arguing about the sale price, and all other line-ups are long, I will leave the items and walk out-if it's items I don't need right away-or I might go back later, hoping it won't be as crazy busy. If more people would do that, they might realize that a lot of people don't have all day to waste by standing in a line. Obviously, they think everybody has time to waste because I've never been in a grocery store or department store where every cash register is open. A store could have 20 registers in the check out area, but might only have a few that will be open at any given time. I guess the other ones are there just for decoration.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 154
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 10:55:20 AM
….apparently someone who has too much free time in their hands reported my main picture taken in Maui, Hawaii.

Just received the usual “POF warning” saying “your main image was deleted because it must show your face”, which it did.

My profile is hidden, so there is no doubt the report definitely comes from a fellow forumite. Jealous much

Sometimes this forum feels like being in kindergarten.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 155
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 11:02:22 AM

My profile is hidden, so there is no doubt the report definitely comes from a fellow forumite. Jealous much

They're everywhere. Mine was just reported for the 3rd time. Heck I've got more messages from Markus than most guys get from women. Lol
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 156
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 11:07:41 AM

They're everywhere. Mine was just reported for the 3rd time. Heck I've got more messages from Markus than most guys get from women. Lol

Someone probably couldn't handle that blue tie and the suit. I had that happen to me with a photo that I had with my hand covering my lips as if I was in through. Nope. Deleted.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 157
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 11:15:31 AM

crookcatcher :
They're everywhere. Mine was just reported for the 3rd time. Heck I've got more messages from Markus than most guys get from women

I think it's kind of pathetic the extreme lengths some forumites go to disrupt people’s participation. They probably lead a dull, boring and miserable life, and want to share their misery.
 kj521
Msg: 158
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 11:22:51 AM
Probably true Mr. Laugh.

But let me just say....y'all looked darn handsome in your pics...and it's a shame that people keep reporting them cause they sure did brighten up this place! :D
 crookcatcher
Msg: 159
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 11:26:51 AM

Someone probably couldn't handle that blue tie and the suit.

Maybe, they started reporting when I posted that pic and now they've reported the one with the white shirt that I had up for a month or so. Oh and the spamming messages report was a good one also. :)

I've got my own little stalker. :)
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 160
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 11:32:50 AM

Maybe, they started reporting when I posted that pic and now they've reported the one with the white shirt that I had up for a month or so. Oh and the spamming messages report was a good one also. :)

I've got my own little stalker. :)

I think the main issue here is that the site is taking seriously these frivolous reports.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 161
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 11:41:16 AM

I think the main issue here is that the site is taking seriously these frivolous reports.

Pretty much tells me the system is automated to delete a reported pic. I can go in any thread right now and find 2-3 pics where you can't see their face period but they're still there and will be till someone reports it as "inappropriate"

No person is looking at the pic obviously. :/
 sealady111
Msg: 162
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 12:44:12 PM
CrookCatcher... great to see your smiling face again.

I wonder if it is dependent on who is rating photos.
Can be a hilarious time waster.
Maybe there is an automated delete if that particular photo is deemed 'bad' 2 or 3 times.

CC best wishes to you and your family for your daughters wedding.
I can imagine you standing, handsome, tall and proud walking her down the aisle.
Have a wonderful day.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 163
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 4:21:05 PM
Ilove2laughtoo
I noticed the same issue in my neighborhood. And they always leave a mess after rummaging through it. How much money can a person make collecting cans and bottles?

I used to know someone who did this in lieu of a regular job. He would bring in about 190-200 bucks a night but it was dirty, hard and in the winter very cold work. Mind you this is all tax free and usually only worked 4-5 hrs a night.

Some cities have on the recycle bins "Property of City of X", and the law will hassle the scavengers or arrest them for theft of city property if they want to lets say "make a point". Why? because literally the cost of the recycling facility is funded by the products collected and it figures into the tax base for your refuse collections. There is a lot of money to be made in recycling.

People in this area who do not want the city to get the spoils of the recycling simply set the aluminum in a bag next to city owned recycle bin. Many often tell him they will leave him things next to their porch and on a few occasions he was given Christmas gifts from people on his route. (cash, gloves, hats and reflective vest)

I personally have not seen any messes associated with this activity but then again... with most everything, there is always one that ruins it for everyone.

Le Pew
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 164
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 4:49:49 PM
^^^^ oops, I guess I should have seen how many pages had gone by. My last post was in reference to scavengers and recycling bins back on the 2nd or 3rd page.

Le Pew
 StarClassic
Msg: 165
RANT
Posted: 10/16/2015 8:36:44 PM

How do you like your Yamaha cruiser?

Absolutely love her. Not an RD400, but not the hog the FLH was. Of all the rides I've had this ones a keeper.
 sealady111
Msg: 166
Bikes and Weekend Warriors.
Posted: 10/16/2015 8:45:58 PM
Bikes and weekend warriors!!!

Both manual and motor bikes.
But especially cyclists.

I am fortunate to live in an area with some wonderful steep, winding country roads.
Like in the car advertisements.

This morning (Saturday) I was doing my best car ad impersonation, sunny day, roof off, hair flying, music playing ...
then I catch up to the cyclists. Lots of them. Up to 3 abreast. All in lycra pedalling up a long, steep, winding road with a cliff going up on one side and another cliff going down the other.
No visibility so not possible to overtake them.
And they pedal very s l o w l y.

Do they pull over to allow motorists?
Of course not.

And motorbikes!!!

Same type of road but the opposite end of the speed spectrum.
Maximum speed and laid over so their knees scrape the ground...... IN MY LANE!!
They cut the corners so the can go faster.
BUT there are people like me who are driving towards them with nowhere to go.

Bloody weekend warriors.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2015 9:38:15 PM
That's when motorcyclists faw down go BOOM. Remember this little diddy- There are two types of motorcyclists. Bold riders, and old riders, but no old, bold riders.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 168
Posted: 10/17/2015 7:10:50 AM
Perhaps I just missed it? Or maybe most Forumites watch little if any TV?

It should really have it's own thread. All the various tricks, hidden fees, contracts/extensions, etc. that TV/cable/satellite companies utilize to get and/or to retain subscribers. Yes, Directv to name just one. Directv is one case in which the written word is far superior to an ORAL conversation over the telephone as far as promises.

An easy guess is that most Forumites have had far more grief from their cell phone providers...?
 Maleman999
Msg: 169
Posted: 10/17/2015 10:20:12 AM

Children - oh don't get me started!

I was watching a sports talk show and they commented about complaints by parents who bring their babies to games, and the screaming and rowdiness by fans, and sometimes the spilling of beer in all of the excitement if a big play happens, is a bad for their babies, and the fans should have more consideration for the parents with babies or toddlers in the stands. WTF?-is what I think when I'm watching a game on TV, and they show a shot of the stands and shows people with babies. Especially at an outdoor game like football or baseball, where the weather doesn't always cooperate and is sometimes quite brutal. Why would anybody think about taking a baby to a game/any game? The baby doesn't care about the game. Is the sole purpose the chance to have the baby shown on TV for a couple of seconds in case the camera is panning their area? If that's it, guess what? Nobody cares about your kid. People watch a sporting event to watch the game-not your kid.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 170
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/17/2015 1:44:59 PM
Over-packaging.

I'm not an "environmentalist" by any means
but,
why the ^%$# do I need a pair of bolt cutters, a machete, and an acetylene torch to open d@mn near anything sold in a multi-national, big box store.

FN ballistic plastic.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 171
RANT
Posted: 10/17/2015 2:09:10 PM
^^^
I hear ya.

That molded plastic crap is a b!tch to open up.

Almost damn near cut myself getting inside the damned things.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 172
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/17/2015 2:19:07 PM
Hmm. I have found that one utility knife with a SHARP (Also called new) blade is no match for hermetically sealed plastic packaging.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 173
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/17/2015 2:31:54 PM
Plastic bags instead of paper sacks.

Even in the beginning, when they said that they're recyclable...I wanted to know exactly when paper sacks stopped being recyclable.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 174
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/17/2015 6:38:45 PM
So I turning 30 on Oct. 21st is it all downhill from there? I'm going through an early mid-life crisis as I sit and think about the things I wanted to accomplish but haven't accomplished by the age of 30, like having a wife and kids. Apparently I'm not the only Millennial going through this so I don't feel too bad. But really though is dating harder going to be hard now that I'm in my 30s? Should I just give up? Am I just freaking out over nothing? I'm at home on a Saturday night alone on an internet forum, is this how my life will always be like? Am I just going to die alone? In the meantime have a bunch of false starts, meeting flaky ass flakes, trick ass tricks and crazy women who want to potentially stab in my sleep. While I work in some dead end job doing something I don't want to do. I would go out tonight but what would be the ****ing point? Nothing is going to happen, I won't meet a girl, won't even get a damn dance.

This just makes me want to listen to the Avenue Q soundtrack again.

The sky cloudy it's a shitty day
A perfect morning, to sleep on in
But you're got lots
Of bills to pay -
What can you do?

Your work real hard
And the pay's real low
And every hour
Goes oh, so slow
And at the end of the day
There's no where to go
But home to Oakwood
You live on Oakwood!
You're friends do too.
You are turning 30!
And you live in Glen Burnie!
You live in Glen Burnie
You live in Glen Burnie!
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 175
RANT
Posted: 10/17/2015 6:53:33 PM
^ When I turned thirty I was terribly depressed about it. I did not not NOT want to be a grown up! At thirty I felt 18. At 35 I felt forty. At forty felt 50. Now I'm thinking 45 is the new eighty. See how it works? :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT