Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 201
view profile
History
RANTPage 9 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
I've been following, watching all of you rant... about driving (at least we don't have to take wagons anymore), loo paper (by the way, let's be thankful just that it exists and we're not ferreting for leaves and bark to wipe our butts) and umm other stuff...

but I have to rant, that this morning I waken to find some hooligans have (overnight) trashed my amazing ornamental garden which I have painstakingly put energy, love and attention into (not easy with bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome)... and discovered pelargonium branches strewn up the street...
bloody hell, I was going to prune them anyway, and I would have happily given cuttings away... but to go on rampant destruction??
freaking bogan a r s e h o l e s !!!!!

I'm off now to go wander the Botanical Gardens on a date... and to change my mindframe...

The idea of a woman that hates men raising a son, or a man who hates women raising a daughter scares the heck out of me.

I thank my lucky stars that I don't hate men - unlike a misandrist acquaintance I know raising two boys..
I simply know what 'some' men are capable of, just as I know what women are capable of... so I'm suggesting to my son that he store his sperm away until he's absolutely sure of the woman he wants to be mother of his offspring - and get a vasectomy - early.... (he's a result of busted condoms... so he knows that's not reliable)
 sealady111
Msg: 202
RANT
Posted: 10/21/2015 3:24:15 PM
Have a great date Jessi.... wandering the botanical gardens sounds great.
Nice to know there are some of us who like men and people in general still in this world.

Would you like to take my black nearly 1 year old super energetic, fully grown puppy who loves gardening along.
She is especially good at digging and shredding.
Yesterday she found my cork sanding block - I have been sanding and varnishing - and shredded it into tiny bits of cork all over the floor.
Then she decided that her dog bed needed a change and she preferred the stuffing on the OUTSIDE.. of the bag.

UGGGHHH

Lucky she is cute.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 203
RANT
Posted: 10/21/2015 3:37:25 PM

RANT

Amateur armchair psychologists dispensing "advice" when they can't even run their own lives efficiently.

Pffft.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 204
RANT
Posted: 10/21/2015 3:38:53 PM
sealady111- Your story about your puppy made me laugh (thank you).
Groucho is past the chewing/shredding stage, but the summer after I first adopted him, I started out with 7 pairs of sandals and by the end, I had one left.
He spent a lot of time in time out that summer, howling pitifully, poor baby. :D

@jessi- What a mean thing for someone to do.
I like your idea about the botanical garden, too.
We have a garden here that goes on the share concept, people trade what they grow and a lot of it is donated to women's shelter's and homeless shelters. :)
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 205
RANT
Posted: 10/21/2015 4:19:10 PM

What type of island do you think we should choose for the haters in this world?

In my world it's simply called 'Go-Away Island'<

'Nuff said~
 sealady111
Msg: 206
RANT
Posted: 10/21/2015 4:20:07 PM
A man's photo just flashed across the top of my screen.
Gorgeous. Lovely eyes. Well groomed beard.
I peeked at his profile.
Loves sailing, can spell, same age, seems lovely.

Lives in the USA.

@#$#&UIDFRS*&(&&%$#E^#$@W@#$@#%^$^*^#@@Q##$%$&
 bamagrl68
Msg: 207
RANT
Posted: 10/21/2015 5:05:26 PM
sealady111- On pof?
I have 75 miles set as my limit for distance with matches and I don't get pictures on the top of my screen for anyone further away than that.
(the down side-If men I'm chatting with from the forums try to message me, and they live outside my set limit, they can't message me, only I can message them.)
If I change my filter, then I start having the same problem as you, with matches.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 208
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/22/2015 12:52:15 AM

Would you like to take my black nearly 1 year old super energetic, fully grown puppy who loves gardening along.
She is especially good at digging and shredding.
Yesterday she found my cork sanding block - I have been sanding and varnishing - and shredded it into tiny bits of cork all over the floor.
Then she decided that her dog bed needed a change and she preferred the stuffing on the OUTSIDE.. of the bag.

While I'm sure you're generous offer of pooch was tongue in cheek, I'll pass... as I have a nearly 4 year old border collie boy who is equally great at digging and shredding... (he's gone through at least four crate mats, several blankets and a body pillow along with a single bed doonah)
my worry with him is the 'interspecies' affections, considering he is enticing the duck's fertility with vent licking... and necking with my 'Shadow' chicken (she's grey, hence named Shadow)

Botanical Gardens was nice, despite greycool day... and a wander and lunch for 7 hours.... however, I feel our friendship will only be platonic as he is devoutly Jewish, while I'm airy nature based New Age Pagan....

aaaah, at least the dog gets me out for exercise ready for upcoming half marathon..... (thank frick that it's my final participation - considering my busted foot and still recovering from bronchial pneumonia)

We have a garden here that goes on the share concept, people trade what they grow and a lot of it is donated to women's shelter's and homeless shelters. :)

yes bamagirl, in my 'produce' garden, I have been a wee bit reckless with the sowing of seed... I hope to grow enough produce that I can share with less fortunate refugees and asylum seeker candidates - I have found (in the past) that many places (shelters and otherwise) won't accept 'real' food... mostly due to hygiene and OHS policies...

Well folks, back to your regularly scheduled rant....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 209
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/22/2015 1:54:56 AM
sealady

At least he was honest it seems, on the first meet. You seemed to find out an awful lot about him. So no more time wasted there. Sounds like he was looking to sponge off you or someone like you and may have been the reason he met up with you...

From what I hear paid sites are no better than the free ones but there are others that are better than POF.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 210
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/22/2015 4:58:27 AM
seriously, who wants to get old, it has little going for it. I saw what my elderly parents went through and not for me.
 Maleman999
Msg: 211
RANT
Posted: 10/22/2015 8:36:01 AM
^^^Keep your eyes open for a DeLorean with a driver called Doc, and see if you can hitch a ride.
 Chromis1
Msg: 212
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/22/2015 9:15:53 AM

I tried some of the paid sites to, VERY briefly, the paid sites are no better than the free sites, so I'll stick to the free ones.

I'm beginning to think that the free sites are actually better than the paid sites. Certainly, the userbase is umpteen times larger. I'll not pay for a site again.
 sealady111
Msg: 213
RANT
Posted: 10/22/2015 2:52:48 PM
This morning I woke up to find out I am in the Top100 women, most popular women, on Australia's #1 paid dating site.
My communications have been:

Men who are married/ attached seeking friends.
Initial hello messages then nothing.
5 men who have had their profiles zapped because of the site security. i.e. scammers
And a man I met in the past saying hello.
So looks like I am the face and experience of Australian popular single and looking womanhood.

That is seriously scary.
I rest my case about the man drought in Sydney.

Chromis I said this on another thread that will probably be zapped.
I agree with Volcano, you are cute and so is your dog.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 214
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 1:45:34 AM

I simply know what 'some' men are capable of, just as I know what women are capable of...

OMG... I was so furious over my garden being trashed, and rushed for time that in my post, I neglected to indicate correctly that "SOME" women, as per "some" men... (not "all" as my statement may suggest... [I am kicking myself that I overlooked that one word....] so before anybody beats me up for missing that one word and taking my statement out of context, I've already done meself , and hereby make my amendment...)

:: le sigh :: forums are the devil when one only gets one shot at it...
(yeah, for some reason POF [or my PC settings] won't let me edit once my post is submitted... )

So my rant now, is not having enough time to articulately post in forums as we only have one PC in the house and two of us using it, and child's use for education is the investment over my entertainment....
it's a good thing I garden... lol
 overunity
Msg: 215
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 6:02:03 AM
"This morning I woke up to find out I am in the Top100 women, most popular women, on Australia's #1 paid dating site."

Does LH have 2 accounts here?
 spot4username
Msg: 216
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 7:37:44 AM
^^^
I think you will find many here in the fora exist in a fantasy land of their own making.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 217
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 8:44:49 AM
Evolution of Jessi! Hahahahaha you have that right..one missing word and you'll have people at your throat for being a man hating feminazi! You better proofread that fricken message before you hit POST!!!!

"Men who are married/ attached seeking friends.
Initial hello messages then nothing.
5 men who have had their profiles zapped because of the site security. i.e. scammers
And a man I met in the past saying hello.
So looks like I am the face and experience of Australian popular single and looking womanhood."

This is how it is in LA, too. The exact same situation. The married men looking for a piece on the side, the vanishing acts, scammers, same old same old. I really don't think it's specifically your area (in fact I know it's not) it's the QUALITY OF PEOPLE online. It's what online attracts. I've said it a kajillion times..online dating attracts the lazy, the broke, the diseases, the socially retarded, the cheap johns who want free hookers. Online turns us all into cheap commodities. It shortens people's attention spans, distracts them, creates a situation where, whether there are any actual real results or not, people hop around from one person to the next, barely making any real investment in anyone.

You have to ask yourself..is this where I belong? Am I "one of these types of people?" Is this where I should be? After about nine months of bullshit and nonsense and realizing "this is actually how it is", I stopped online dating. I havent been on an "online date" in over 3.5 years. I had had enough, because it was constantly the same situation..which is what you described. A cheapening of my personal value as a whole human being.

Now, in that time, I started a hiking meetup group and for now, I socialize in person. I don't date, that's sort of off the table now (dating is even harder when you are older) but I feel happier, more relaxed and less confused about the poor treatment and poor options that were happening trying to make a healthy, normal connection online. For many of us, this just isnt going to happen. Why not take a break from it for a while? It sure helped me.

If you aren't finding what you want, and this is going on and on and on like this with no change and no positive results..really..why not take a break? You don't HAVE to do this.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 218
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 9:05:24 AM
VK, you've said it!

I wonder if it is a bit easier to actually meet nicer men in my small area, I surely have but they don't want to go past a coffee date. It bothered me greatly until recently when I realized it wasn't 'me' but the medium. It has ruined many people's sense of self in the 'desirability' arena.

But I would have kicked myself had I never tried it at all.

I am going to keep at it for a while longer but try to get a real life persona that is more approachable and friendly. This was a phase I needed to go through.

My rant? Selfies and bad grammar and spelling. I am going to lobby for a law that mandates that EVERY 's' in every word written have an apostrophe in front of it. Then you won't have to wonder if it should or not. Won't make anything readable but its the way the majority want's it, right?

And remove from the Engli'sh language they're, you're, we're, too and all tho'se other word's I had to learn their proper u'sage in 'school. What's the bother now?

Oh and while were at it (no better time to 'start than now), all photo's in print media and the internet mu'st be 'selfie's. No more profe's'sional photography. Burn the camera's.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 219
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 10:27:25 AM
"I surely have but they don't want to go past a coffee date. It bothered me greatly until recently when I realized it wasn't 'me' but the medium. It has ruined many people's sense of self in the 'desirability' arena."

Yeah. What we have now is a situation where once the coffee date is over, the two people don't go home and think about that person for a while and the positive aspects..they drive home and get back online again to see if anyone else messaged or if there is anyone else better out there..and of course, there always seems to be.

In the future I want to avoid anyone who is involved in online dating, even if I meet them "in real life." Being online for too long I think, can become a toxic addiction. You get into those uncomfortable things like "we've been together for two months..why is she/he still online?" I actually don't ever want to deal with that again, nor should I have to, even if it means being alone.

The best part of a relationship, and even those early stages of dating, is being valued and giving one another the healthy, normal attention we all need and seek. Not to live in fear of being an option, being dumped at any moment or something someone is settling for until something better comes along. I deserve better than that, and if I can't even find that, at the very least, I'll happily accept solitude with a sense of peace and security intact.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 220
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 10:42:30 AM
Online dating can be both a blessing and a curse.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 221
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 10:51:55 AM

The best part of a relationship, and even those early stages of dating, is being valued and giving one another the healthy, normal attention we all need and seek. Not to live in fear of being an option, being dumped at any moment or something someone is settling for until something better comes along. I deserve better than that

As we all do. Well said. :)
 Chromis1
Msg: 222
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 11:29:22 AM
^^^^ Love that color tie.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 223
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 12:14:26 PM

Love that color tie.

Thanks chromis1. That was part of the color theme my daughter picked out for her wedding last Sat. About 40 miles and 6 stores to find one that matched the piece of cloth I had. Lol
 sealady111
Msg: 224
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 12:36:26 PM

"This morning I woke up to find out I am in the Top100 women, most popular women, on Australia's #1 paid dating site."

Does LH have 2 accounts here?
^^^
I think you will find many here in the fora exist in a fantasy land of their own making.

I wish it was fantasy.
As they say. Location, Location, Location.
And some of us are just in the wrong location.

Volcano... Thank you.
I have had numerous breaks but then think it is like the lottery.
Your chances of winning are increased slightly by buying a ticket.

Last night had the 'normal' sleazes. One inviting me to his house at 9pm on a Friday night. Eeerk.

Have another first meet for lunch tomorrow. Who knows. He could be my one in a million.
Seems nice so far.

But being compared to LH?
Such a compliment.
Thank you :)

Agreed CC that colour tie looks great.
 kj521
Msg: 225
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 12:59:45 PM
I guess my location is great! Who knew?

I have met quite a few wonderful gentlemen through POF and real life.
Now....there have been the young ones, the married ones, and other undesirable ones mixed in but....gosh...I feel rather fortunate to have met some rather lovely men.

So no RANT from me...there are Plenty of Good Fish in Orlando, Florida! :D
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT