Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Where are all the Aging Stoners?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 151
Where are all the Aging Stoners? Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^ Oh, cheer up. I saw a headlight I mean headline that said "Save the whales - harpoon a fat chick." Feel better? :)

And anyway, a woman who a man doesn't find "hot" visually holds no value in his eyes. The same is much less often true in reverse.
 Walts
Msg: 152
Where are all the Aging Stoners?
Posted: 11/10/2015 5:50:10 PM

Feel better?

Walts looks at his half filled glass and thinks, what kinda question is that????????
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 153
Posted: 11/10/2015 6:56:59 PM
Jaysus...

These 3D glasses are giving me black eyes.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/10/2015 8:14:40 PM
Yall's argument is only valid if you are looking for numbers, the bottom line is most people are looking for one other person so it doesn't really matter what you look like, individuals you would deem ugly get into relationships every day...who really cares how many males to females there are...who cares what someone else finds attractive....Im 56 years old and yet I have no trouble with men being interested in me, older, same age and younger ...and I have never been skinny or slender...and mostly athletic men are who write to me but I prefer someone with high intelligence with a good personality and sense of humor.

Best sex was with someone completely out of shape--so you just never know what someone might be capable of...

Yall should really stop judging what other people want...cause you basically are clueless
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 155
Posted: 11/10/2015 8:24:42 PM
^ Umm... I feel that you and I are kindred spirits, or some such.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 156
Posted: 11/10/2015 8:52:20 PM
"Yall's argument is only valid if you are looking for numbers, the bottom line is ..."

So some of us are educated folk there Sunny, so for us the bottom line IS generated by numbers. Please tell me you do not build bridges or aircraft for a liv'in?

Oh, but enter BoobsMackenzie with some mindless piffle. Wait ... wait ... here it goes ...

"...so it doesn't really matter what you look like..." Holy Wow, and they let you Vote!??

So much for your off the cuff, and un-researched buffoonery. As I have posited in previous threads there are soo many good looking men that are not hooking up. So Freakin many. But YOU can not understand why ... ??? Oh, only because you only see the world through a old women's eyes, not a person who actually investigates these matters. An evil Man even.

"individuals you would deem ugly get into relationships every day.." Let me edit your piffle for a moment.

"fat old white women you would deem ugly get into relationships every day.." There, corrected.

"Best sex was with someone completely out of shape--"

My brain is too reeling to respond to this ... I wish I had hot and cold running LSD from my faucets like you do! Where is it you live Sunny?
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 157
Posted: 11/11/2015 3:57:21 AM

Best sex was with someone completely out of shape

Someone's keeping Ron Jeremy busy.
 ohenryx
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2015 8:50:14 AM
We seem to have opened up a whole can of worms. What a surprise, that NEVER happens here in the forums! (smile)

halcyon_skies
InnerGorilla is correct in his use of the term, "in shape". "Attractive" isn't descriptive enough. There are many out-of-shape men who consider themselves to be "attractive", even though they are quite overweight. When a woman is healthy and works hard to keep herself in good physical shape, and is seeking the same trait in a partner, "attractive" just isn't going to cut it---especially if having an active sex life is a priority to her.

Once again, someone is being ambiguous, not clearly defining their words, and drawing incorrect conclusions.

She (quoted above) is using the term “in shape” to mean “not overweight”, and also, in the same post, using the same term to mean “physically fit”, as in capable of engaging in strenuous physical activities for a prolonged period of time (sex).

Let’s be clear here. I am overweight. My ideal weight would be about 225, and I am presently at 295. Yep, quite a bit overweight. But I work out regularly, lifting weights, riding a stationary bike. I can engage in strenuous physical activites, including but not limited to sex, for quite long periods of time.

Yes, I would look more attractive to women if I lost the weight. But I really wouldn’t be capable of better / longer perfomances in bed, not unless I increased my exercise regimen. And based on conversations I’ve had with various women down through the years, they have been quite happy with my physical performance. Any suggestions for improvement have involved technique and mental attitudes, not physical performance.

PassionateSunnyGal
Best sex was with someone completely out of shape--so you just never know what someone might be capable of...

Interesting comment, from a woman. I could easily believe this if it were coming from a man. The truth is, deny it all you want, still true, men are expected to do most of the heavy lifting in the bedroom. Granted, the “starfish” woman is not going to win any prizes. But most men are not looking for nor expecting to find a gymnast / acrobat to have sex with them. I will grant you that 90% of sex takes place in your head, not in your crotch. But I think most women are still looking for a man who can “bring it”. For reference, see the post I quoted above from halcyon_skies.

And completely off topic, I like your new picture (Whatsamatterbaby).
 rennips1949
Msg: 159
Posted: 11/11/2015 10:58:34 AM

As I have posited in previous threads there are soo many good looking men that are not hooking up.

Perhaps the ugliness of their spirit outweighs the attractiveness of their physical appearance?

Yeah yeah, of course this is not a universal truth, we've all seen people with ugly personalities obtain relationships.
Thing is these relationships often don't last, and the person of the ugly spirit all too often spends a lot of time lashing out at the world- and everyone in it- because he or she didn't have what it takes to keep a relationship or marriage going for the long haul.
And none of this answers the topic question.
I suspect the aging stoners who have maintained their stonerness, are in their own little world and don't give a rats' azz about much else.
Happy Veterans' Day, everybody.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 160
Posted: 11/11/2015 11:02:00 AM
Jeez. Now you've given me a rant.

Happy Veteran's Day? It's Remembrance Day here, but that's not the point. It's a day for sober reflection and even grief. We have 2 minutes of silence - not 2 minutes of celebration.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 161
Posted: 11/11/2015 11:19:26 AM
Dear VMinRVA95,

Regarding the opening part of your post referring to "educated" people: I felt uncomfortable when you made this statement because it was directed at a particular person, and did not seem to be an attempt at humour or anything, but rather just seemed aimed at being hurtful. (Some of the post seemed mildly amusing to me, but not that part.) Please could you consider refraining from being intentionally hurtful to specific persons?

Thank-you for considering my request.
 rennips1949
Msg: 162
Posted: 11/11/2015 11:30:02 AM
Apologies to anyone offended by my reference to Veterans Day. Perhaps I should have said "have a blessed Veterans
Day, thank you to all who served". ( Slow healing injuries from a car accident prevented me from being privileged to serve.)
I agree with whatsamatterbaby-it puzzles me how some posters can get away with blatant bile and bashing, and others get nuked for much less.
Having an "official" "education" is not necessarily an alleviation of ineffective living and graceless/clueless behavior.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 163
Posted: 11/11/2015 11:40:17 AM
Your request is noted and I stand corrected. I was out of line and I do apologize.

Now, on some other threads where male posters get worse treatment - lets see if we can get some mea culpea there as well.
 Jack_B_Kimble
Msg: 164
Posted: 11/11/2015 11:45:22 AM

Let’s be clear here. I am overweight. My ideal weight would be about 225, and I am presently at 295. Yep, quite a bit overweight. But I work out regularly, lifting weights, riding a stationary bike. I can engage in strenuous physical activites, including but not limited to sex, for quite long periods of time.

Yes, I would look more attractive to women if I lost the weight.

Since the subject has been broached, the ideal weight for a man of 6' 2" is about 195 lbs, by most MD's charts.

At 295, there is enough excess there to compose entirely another person, most likely female, shorter, fit and healthy.

IF you are happy carrying around that whole extra person for your remaining years, then continue as you have been doing.

For more longevity and wider interest from the opposite sex, a major lifestyle change for the next year would be in order.

You are smart, know exactly what to do. Just a matter of starting it and maintaining it for the whole next year.

Since you will most likely be online here for Thanksgiving 2016, how would you like to be different by then?

It IS possible if you start now... Some here have done it already.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 165
Posted: 11/11/2015 12:11:54 PM
^^^^That was pretty condescending and gratuitous.
I didn't realize Mr. Henry had asked for your opinion regarding
his weight.

I'm sure he will continue to do as he wants for his remaining years,
with or without your permission.

Jaysus.
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 166
Posted: 11/11/2015 12:16:54 PM
^^^
+1

I tell ya, my next gal will share common vices with me and not a diet plan or insanity workout regimen.

browneyesboo
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/11/2015 12:28:36 PM
^^^ I've kind of learned in my old age that just eating reasonably
and being active (as opposed to sitting all the time) you can lose
weight and also maintain the loss.

I walk a lot....just casual walking...not like I'm at boot camp or
anything..and it works for me.

On the other hand, when I go out to eat, I don't order lettuce..
hahahaha!

It's all about balance.
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/11/2015 12:30:47 PM
Scales and calendars are stress generators.
 ohenryx
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2015 1:33:22 PM

Jack_B_Kimble
Since the subject has been broached, the ideal weight for a man of 6' 2" is about 195 lbs, by most MD's charts.

MD’s charts are bullsh__. They apply to a mythical “average man”, of which there is no such thing.
In June of 2009, I had my annual physical at 225 pounds. My doctor was very pleased, told me he thought I was in great shape. Two months later, I was back in his office, and weighed in at 216 pounds. He was very displeased, told me if I didn’t get back to at least 225 he was going to diagnose me as having an eating disorder. My bones were sticking out, literally. As long as I am working out, and maintaining the muscle mass, 225 to 230 pounds is where I should be / want to be.

My weight has gone up and down my entire life, it is a never ending struggle. A year ago, I weighed 367 pounds. I am very happy to be at 295 pounds. But I really wasn’t trying to start any arguments about my weight, or what it should be. My point was that I can and do perform very well at physical activities (including sex) while being overweight. As long as you are not grossly overweight, if you exercise and have reasonable mobility and stamina, you can “make love” with the best of ‘em.

References provided by request. (smile)

Jack, giving you the benefit of the doubt, I thank you for your encouragement.

Boo, thank you for your support.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 170
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:38:45 PM
^^ lol you should have said that 15 lbs of that was what makes women happy so they dont care if you are not 195 lbs

To the many who wrote me about the comment on this thread-- as usual again he just attacks for attention, if we all ignore him hopefully he will either go away or actually contribute more than dribble
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:57:23 PM

My weight has gone up and down my entire life, it is a never ending struggle. A year ago, I weighed 367 pounds. I am very happy to be at 295 pounds. But I really wasn’t trying to start any arguments about my weight, or what it should be. My point was that I can and do perform very well at physical activities (including sex) while being overweight. As long as you are not grossly overweight, if you exercise and have reasonable mobility and stamina, you can “make love” with the best of ‘em.

A round of applause for your honesty. I tip my hat to you Ohenry. Struggling with your weight, that is something I know as well. When I quit smoking in my mid-thirties I blew up like a balloon. It took me years to shake the weight off. It was a big struggle. For me it was the bike and the divorce that did it. I lost a lot of weight and started competing. However, being happy in a relationship, with kids and tons of family activities restrict my 100 mile rides. Shit I only did one this year. So I am struggling as well. I got a new membership to the Y well...let's see how it goes.
 IAmSeventyThree
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2015 2:37:13 PM
Hello,
I'm one of those aging stoners. I am 73 and I have been smoking since 1970 and I still do it every day.
Tony
 Chromis1
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2015 3:06:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You win.

BTW, when your next birthday comes around, you'll have to ditch your profile.
 IAmSeventyThree
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 5:17:37 AM
Yes, if I had not been high when I chose that name, I probably would have chosen something more timeless. I was hoping that I would find somebody within a year and not need POF anymore.

What did I win?

Tony
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/17/2015 5:26:23 AM

What did I win?

All the free wimmens you can find on POF. Until your next b-day, that is. When that comes, you'll go poof (just like the rest of us).
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Where are all the Aging Stoners?