Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Where are all the Aging Stoners?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IAmSeventyThree
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Where are all the Aging Stoners? Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I don't mind going "poof". Maybe I will break on through to the other side.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 177
Where are all the Aging Stoners?
Posted: 12/17/2015 6:10:32 AM
Well let's hope so.

It's funny, you posted in a thread about drug use but in your profile you say you do not use drugs. Many people have a cognitive dissonance when it comes to pot and it appears you are in that camp too. And hey, CD is one of your interests, fancy that! Good luck working that one out with your prospective dates. In my book that comes under the heading of 'not being honest'.
 IAmSeventyThree
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 6:25:41 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way.

You posted in this same forum. Does that mean you have an interest in drugs?

Puzzled.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 7:21:31 AM
That "drug use" question is ridiculous. Many, many people smoke, most are not going to announce it to the public on a dating site. I guess in a technical sense it is dishonest, but not in spirit. It is an intrusive question that most people choose to ignore because too many others will make a mountain out of a molehill.
Also, I think most people mentally separate pot from other drugs, and rightfully so. Who cares about pot? I'm concerned about meth, X, heroin, pills - you know, the real problem drugs.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/17/2015 7:35:54 AM
" Hello,
I'm one of those aging stoners. I am 73 and I have been smoking since 1970 and I still do it every day.
Tony "

I find this hard to believe because if it were true you surely would either be dead, crazy or homeless by now since pot is such a destructive drug - MUCH worse than the socially acceptable drug, alcohol.
 Chromis1
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 7:39:45 AM
^^^^^ I dig the sarcasm. Party on.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/17/2015 7:47:24 AM
Me too. I brought a shovel just for this.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/17/2015 7:51:34 AM
Can someone watch this scene and explain how Tom Berenger's character believes, apparently, that smoking pot is escaping reality but getting drunk ISN'T ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTyJ3QruoaM

He might as well pick up a carton of ice cream and say " don't you guys know this will make you fat ? " ...while eating a big piece of cake !
I just don't understand the logic behind getting drunk is ok but getting high is ....immoral ????

Btw, one doesn't necessarily have to partake, Chromis, to see a side of an argument.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/17/2015 7:56:46 AM
nice scar...

Where does morality come into this?

above: "Btw, one doesn't necessarily have to partake, Chromis, to see a side of an argument."

More properly directed toward 73 or Nth maybe? I only participated here (not a partaker) because I saw the opportunity to make a quick joke and then read 73's profile and noticed what I consider an inconsistency.

To me, both etoh and thc take one away from everyday reality with a goal in mind: for some, to make that everyday reality more palatable.

vvvvvvvvvvv

does not compute: life not logical (said in my best HAL voice)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:01:02 AM
^^^^ Exactly, I'm just asking for someone to explain the logic ... if they can ?

Chromis said " party on " , which I took to mean he assumed I smoke pot simply based on my sarcasm.

I like the part where he says " I am reality " and then takes a swig right after - good ol' Oliver Stone.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 186
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:04:03 AM
I took it as he was poking at your sarcasm in an admiring way possibly?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:05:45 AM
^^^^^ Hey, no fair, you can post more than 2/10 !!!!

( wink )
 Chromis1
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:07:50 AM

Chromis said " party on " , which I took to mean he assumed I smoke pot simply based on my sarcasm.

No, actually, by "party on" I meant ... party on. Continue to be enlightened and see the shades of gray. You know ... hippie vernacular stuff. Put a flower in that gun barrel.

You didn't strike me as a stoner.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:09:16 AM
Buttchick:

this thread is allowing it for some reason.... no fiddling necessary so far.

(btw, did I tell you yet that I love you for tipping me off? this code holier than swiss) It's always been a pain in the aspen to try to remember where the thread is I wanted to comment in again)

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

I already know the flight times and cost from my area to yours but she got to you first. Santa hates me (I think I am getting coal again for xmas)
 Chromis1
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:09:36 AM

I took it as he was poking at your sarcasm in an admiring way possibly?

^^^^ Gets me.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:12:50 AM
^^^^ No worries, I wasn't offended, just felt the need to clarify JUST IN CASE.

...and YOU'RE WELCOME " sweetness and light " re the 2/10, I felt the same gratitude to the person who enlightened me ( pardon the punny phrase ? )

....and don't call me " Buttchick " , I prefer " Assman ", haha
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 192
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:16:37 AM
Sorry Buttchuck, Assman it is!

:ROFL:

OMG! Love the pic!!!!!!!!!!!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:17:30 AM
" You didn't strike me as a stoner."

....how about NOW ?

HAHA
 Chromis1
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:19:38 AM
Groovy!

Ok, pass it, but don't Bogart it.

When I was in college I was high every. single. day. But so what? I was acing everything. Law school brought all that to an abrupt halt and getting stoned has been a rare occasion ever since. But the woman I'm dating now ... she'll get high. So we're planning an extra special date somewhere down the road.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:22:21 AM
He is one top button away from being an anachronism (not to mention that is a LEAF he's holding, not a flower).

The cholo hat is a nice touch. I think I am in love.

ETA: it's not a cholo hat after all but Urban dict has THIS to say about the backwards cap look:

"BACKWARDS HATS Wearing your baseball hat backwards means your (sic) ready to perform oral sex"

I did not get that memo.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 196
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:32:53 AM
"When I was in college I was high every. single. day. But so what? I was acing everything"

I started seeing a woman last year and when I told her I used to partake she reacted as if I'd told her I used to be a woman . Sad that people still in this day and age hold such prejudices/stereotypes towards pot.

"The cholo hat is a nice touch"

Actually, it's a baseball cap on backwards and I'm holding a plastic spoon. Sorry.

""BACKWARDS HATS Wearing your baseball hat backwards means your (sic) ready to perform oral sex"

HAHA - as long as I'm AWAKE I'm ready !
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 197
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:42:29 AM
oh heck, I give up. And I just got new granny glasses too. Might as well be pushing up daisies at this point.

Never did like pot, made me too horny and gobbly. Alcohol suited me better (until it didn't.)
 Chromis1
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:45:29 AM
Ooooohhhh Chuck! So you WERE a stoner. Haha! Cool.

This issue is something I address very early on. I'll let it be known that back in the day, I tried almost everything. Acid, mescaline, "uppers and downers, either way ... blood flows". Good Lord we even did PCP once (and just once - nasty stuff). How she handles the way I thought at one time predicts pretty well how she'll handle the way I think now.

Only heroin was off limits. But I made my son promise that when I'm on my death bed, and only then, he'll score some for me. I'm gonna see heaven even before I get there.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 199
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:57:15 AM
"Ooooohhhh Chuck! So you WERE a stoner. "

Well, if by " stoner " you mean the pot version of " alcoholic " aka " chronic " , then not exactly .
I used in occasional social situations as well as for creative purposes ( songwriting - used to be very effective and FUN )

Eventually, it just no longer felt as good so I figured why bother ? Kind of like now when I try to watch certain Christmas movies and I realize I'm bored so why keep watching it ? Tradition ?

" This issue is something I address very early on. I'll let it be known that back in the day, I tried almost everything. Acid, mescaline, "uppers and downers, either way ... blood flows". Good Lord we even did PCP once (and just once - nasty stuff). How she handles the way I thought at one time predicts pretty well how she'll handle the way I think now. "

Yes , I also prefer open minded people .

" Only heroin was off limits. But I made my son promise that when I'm on my death bed, and only then, he'll score some for me. I'm gonna see heaven even before I get there."

I often joke that if I was told I only had 6 months to live I might try it. That line from Trainspotting haunts me : " take your best orgasm, multiply it by 1000 and you're still not even close "
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 200
Posted: 12/28/2015 4:52:06 PM
Real hippie's are old and cool...they smell like 60 year old farts, and are usually toothless.
Most of them live in California...many down in Santa Monica, curled up in sleeping bags on the beach and getting high.
Everyday, people stop by and bring them food, drink and weed...and listen to their stories...you should go !!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Where are all the Aging Stoners?