Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CheezePissa
Msg: 51
Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

^^^What about my plush stuffed animal? It's not a teddy bear, it's a brown dog.

Did you all know that the "Teddy bear" was named after Teddy Roosevelt. Now the big irony is that his grandson's name, who worked for the CIA was named Kermit. Who eventually became the name of another famous stuffed animal.

Go figure.
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 52
Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???
Posted: 12/1/2015 9:35:41 AM
(hi Gorilla! ^^^^^^^^^^)
 a_djentleman
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/1/2015 9:58:27 AM
>>>However not rocket science. Taller, goodlooking, literate, intelligent, humorous, available, genuine, employed, fit smiling men....oh wait!! They don't have to trawl dating sites....lol!!<<<

Neither do the women on their level.
 2ufo
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/1/2015 3:35:58 PM
fullmoonguy....

Interestingly, I will read profile with no photos - showing that (to me), no photo is better than bad photos.

Any "success" I may have, hinges on such an attitude.

Ah, but you don't have a photo so I had to read your profile...
and I adore it.

You had me for 'COO/COO' and kept me in smiles all the way to 'no one goes to the beach anymore, it's too crowded'.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/1/2015 4:01:13 PM

>>>However not rocket science. Taller, goodlooking, literate, intelligent, humorous, available, genuine, employed, fit smiling men....oh wait!! They don't have to trawl dating sites....lol!!<<<

Neither do the women on their level.

^^

I resemble that description..... other than being too old and too fat.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/1/2015 5:56:05 PM
^
I'm starting to think the opposite. All of my fat friends (and I have good number of them) are coupled or married. Meanwhile, I go home from the gym to an empty apartment four days a week. Oh well.
 spot4username
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/1/2015 6:13:20 PM
^
Perhaps so but would you want to be with their partner?

Sometimes when I am out and about I will see couples and it will get me a bit down. I have a friend who is an older woman (late 70's) and quite outspoken. Once a group of us were sitting at a table in a bar and this couple walked by. They were not attractive by conventional measures. I guess I gave them a somewhat longing look. She looked at me and said "Snap the fvck out of it. Do you want him? You could have him. Easy. Let me get him for you. WOOHOO!!! EXCUSE ME!!!" I had to practically tackle her old azz to shut her up.

So yes, I know too fat, too skinny, poor, not so smart, super jealous, pick whatever you want people who have someone. I know for a fact that I don't want any of the men that they have. In fact some of them are with men that I had a shot with and passed on.

So in the immortal words of my wise friend.

SNAP THE FVCK OUT OF IT!!
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/1/2015 6:20:41 PM
Welp, that's it for me, deleting my profile. Spot posted pics and she's cuter than the bee's knees.

No hope for me whatsoever. Especially since Chromis is now taken too.

:sniff:
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/1/2015 6:58:52 PM
I understand the look of longing when seeing couples and public displays of affection.
Especially when you are the only single person and they are all lovey dovey.

Some of the husbands I would love to have as mine. (You know what I mean. Not steal him away from his wife just someone like him if he were single.)
There are some absolutely wonderful men in this world of all shapes and sizes.

I can think of at least 20 within my circle, who if they were free I would be fighting to be first in line.
The fact that they are good and loyal husbands is one of their many attributes.

Sitting in a friends kitchen having a chat, husband walks in, says hello, kisses wife, asks if she wants a coffee or anything from the shop etc.

Ahhhhhhh
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/1/2015 7:15:04 PM

I've heard they vibrate. (But you have to "upgrade" for that.)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/1/2015 7:19:14 PM

fullmoonguy....

Interestingly, I will read profile with no photos - showing that (to me), no photo is better than bad photos.

Any "success" I may have, hinges on such an attitude.

Ah, but you don't have a photo so I had to read your profile...
and I adore it.

You had me for 'COO/COO' and kept me in smiles all the way to 'no one goes to the beach anymore, it's too crowded'.

Muchas gracias.
 CheezePissa
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:37:23 AM

All of my fat friends (and I have good number of them) are coupled or married. Meanwhile, I go home from the gym to an empty apartment four days a week. Oh well.

You speak the truth. Those men are fat because they are happy in relationships. They are taking children to pizza joints. They are changing poo-pee dippers instead of going to the gym. They have learned to burp babies, take the kids on bike rides, get dirty and muddy. They have leaned that a hell of an aphrodisiac is doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen.
There men embrace how cheesy, they are. They add anchovies to their pizza not because it's cool, but because they like them. But if the kids want pepperoni and pine apple on their pizza, let them enjoy that too, and be happy.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/2/2015 8:57:10 AM
>>>You speak the truth. Those men are fat because they are happy in relationships. They are taking children to pizza joints. They are changing poo-pee dippers instead of going to the gym. They have learned to burp babies, take the kids on bike rides, get dirty and muddy. They have leaned that a hell of an aphrodisiac is doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen.
There men embrace how cheesy, they are. They add anchovies to their pizza not because it's cool, but because they like them. But if the kids want pepperoni and pine apple on their pizza, let them enjoy that too, and be happy.<<<

Actually, very few of my friends have babies yet... and most of the fat ones were fat before they hitched. ¯\(°_o)/¯
 hemingway234
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:01:55 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Brad Pitt
 tangofish
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 2:51:32 PM
There are three types of people:

1 - People who can fight,
2 - People who think they can fight,
and
3 - People who learn they can't fight.

Size only makes a difference if both fall into category 2. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Unless professionally trained, the difference will always be training.

Fighting is always a last resort, because it's very easy to cause a lot of damage to a persons face, jaw, or brain with bare fists.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/11/2015 2:54:02 PM
^ 4 - People who don't want to fight.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/11/2015 3:20:02 PM
"..A profile that shows a man is well rounded would catch my interest, .."

lots of well rounded men..OH! guess you mean personality..not body ?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/11/2015 3:21:43 PM
"..Taller, goodlooking, literate, intelligent, humorous, available, genuine, employed, fit smiling .."

the problem may be that so many THINK that they have these qualities..most people are not the best at honest self assessment
 tangofish
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 3:35:11 PM
People say I'm pretty not terrible.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/11/2015 4:20:44 PM

There are three types of people:

1 - People who can fight,
2 - People who think they can fight,
and
3 - People who learn they can't fight.

4 - People with guns and/or knives and/or friends.

Big, tough guys are bullshit. Jerk off all the freeweights you want: Let me know how that works out when you're shored up by three or four chubby 5'-3" sociopathic cholos with boxcutters and nines. #engagerunlikeb1tchmode
 blackneko
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2016 1:07:15 PM
Asian male 35-40 no kids never been married looking for a relationship-of course I see it but I can dream to.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/24/2016 9:38:49 PM
People think that everything is about how good looking you may look. Maybe. Maybe not. Women, while they are also visual, they like to read about unabashed passion. Yet they also like someone that cuts through the bu ll sh it. And is easy going enough to be funny. In other words, the bigger aphrodisiac is expressing yourself.
 xsPuRx
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/3/2016 12:09:31 AM

The OP asked, “When your reading and checking out the many profiles and pics ... what exactly is it that gets you interested".

I noticed a couple of people mention intelligence. If you’ve never interacted with the person before, how could anyone discern intelligence from looking at a profile with a couple of pics?

It is pretty easy to tell. Based off how they write. The words they choose to use. The depth of the explanation of something.
Some people base it purely on education which is erroneous, but people do that too lol.
 Fikirimi
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/10/2017 2:52:22 PM
The OP seems to believe that a woman's sexual response is similar to a man's and there is the possibility she will become sexually excited by reading a profile. Hate to burst your fairy tale, that doesn't happen.

For a woman there has to be some initial chemistry attraction to the photo, same as for a man. But women need more of a cerebral connection. If a profile is intelligently written, I'll keep reading. If it's funny and he has enough similar interests as I do, I'll probably message him. But if he has too many restrictions on what he's looking for in a mate and I don't have those things, no matter how smart, funny or attractive I find him, he's just eliminated me.

Smart, funny and confident are what I look for.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2017 3:09:29 PM
Three things I have difficulty with, when putting together a profile.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???