Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

For a woman there has to be some initial chemistry attraction to the photo, same as for a man.

See south_city -- chemistry = attraction. :) Attraction is the #1 thing. A certain level to get in the door. Higher attraction, better the resume. Sure, a horrible interview can ruin the guy with the best resume, but all things being roughly equal, a guy who has clearly the best resume is going to win the (hand) job. :)

But women need more of a cerebral connection.

Not more than men, when it comes to going-steady. But men are much more willing to fun-date, which just-fun-dating doesn't require much of that for anyone. And the "cerebral" connection -- more of a personality connection, Actual chemistry aka banter/jiving-together-well/etc -- that's also strongly affected by looks, directly & indirectly. Directly where their raw physical attraction will make most see it in a very positive lens if Hot (if it's not intimidating), or their compatibility/chemistry negated due to looking at them thru a negative lens. Indirectly by what "type" of person they Seem via their certain look, their style, swagger, etc., which affects how you flow with them too (moreso than we think).

Things outside looks ARE very important, because much of the time, in the looks dept -- one's not a "No Way" nor a "Oh Hell Yes" in and of itself. Sometimes it can be a little too close to a "No Way", which the other things outside looks become very important to once in a while bring it into solid attraction as a whole. And sometimes it's a little close to "Oh Hell Yes", and you don't want the other things outside looks to ruin it, especially if she has more than 1 guy on hand who is pretty attractive in her eyes.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???
Posted: 8/28/2017 11:03:06 AM
I've gotten more unsolicited messages since I posted my gag "old person" profile, in about a month, than I got in the entire previous year I've been on here. I can thank Ouija for that. ....Still not that manymessages though, but keep in mind I AM old, and have no picture..
 south_city
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/28/2017 3:05:22 PM
To answer the question, it's often the pictures followed the stats, then maybe the rest of the profile. Whenever I got more emails, it was often after I added new and better pictures. I also heard stories about short men getting more emails after they added some inches to their height on the profile as an experiment.

See south_city -- chemistry = attraction. :)

That doesn't change my previous statements. That is true for some people. I still think chemistry can mean different things for different people.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2017 6:59:04 PM

Attraction is the #1 thing.

Higher attraction, better the resume.

So true.

Attractive people never get divorced or have problems in their relationships.

Just look at Hollywood celebrities.

Nothing but happiness and perfection all around.
 siisaa
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 10:56:02 PM
Font and pixels don't turn me on. I've read probably thousands of online dating profiles between vanilla and kink-oriented sites and never creamed my panties from reading some text & viewing photos on a phone or computer screen. OP is long-gone but sounded clueless as hell. The only time a man really turned me on was in-person and after I spent some IRL time with him.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/22/2018 6:14:34 AM
well, the first trick, just like in sales and fishing, is to figure out what type of lady you want, and offer to her what she wants to find in a profile.
 jco415
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/22/2018 5:48:18 PM

“When your reading and checking out the many profiles and pics ... what exactly is it that gets you interested".[\quote]

FYI it's YOU'RE
 cooldog65
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 6:50:04 PM

creamed my panties

That got my attention...
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/23/2018 7:45:30 PM

For a woman there has to be some initial chemistry attraction to the photo, same as for a man. But women need more of a cerebral connection.

I can’t date any woman that I don’t have any kind of a cerebral connection with. I tried, and it just doesn’t work. If we don’t connect on a cerebral level, she’ll drive me crazy, no matter how much I’m physically attracted to her.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 11:01:00 AM

But women need more of a cerebral connection.

Makes me wonder about the "cerebral connection" women get with the obvious bad boys and the obvious losers and abusers.
 spot4username
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 2:45:17 PM
^^^
I am only turned on if he is 6 feet tall, a male model, and drives a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

*winks*
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/24/2018 6:44:35 PM

Makes me wonder about the "cerebral connection" women get with the obvious bad boys and the obvious losers and abusers.

Because men with a huge ego can come across as if they know everything. My sister fell for that before. She dated a guy who was living in a refugee camp in Eritrea. He stole somebody’s identity to get into Canada. He posted a fake pic of himself on date site - it was probably a model instead. He made a good salary as a manager at a car dealership. He was over 6 feet, very athletic, and owned a flashy car. She was almost ready to marry him. One day my sister found a note with another woman’s email address. She contacted the this women and you know what she found out. When she looks back she realizes know that this guy who claimed to know everything was actually wrong about a lot of things. There’s evidence that people who are overconfident actually are not as smart as they think they are.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:32:59 AM
People who want to interact with people beyond text and audition over coffee meetings.
 Tech30
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 8:03:05 AM
You want to turn on a woman? act like she doesnt mean much to you , glimpse at other women and let her know you have a good well paying job.
 feirene
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 2:24:42 PM
The only profiles where i've wanted to bang the guy from the off are the ones with hot guys in them. And yes having a big dk is a bonus (to me personally, not for everyone).

After that it is a case of not putting someone off with your words, actions, and honesty (which is why i presume so many guys who want sex don't like to make small talk and have no profile).
 lulz567
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 4:41:41 PM
I’ve just been on a date with someone and I liked his profile because he was modest, humble and Polite . He had a few reasons to boast about things but didn’t and was very charming . In world where people want more of this or better that ,it was very refreshing just to communicate normally, where we were just content in the simple things. Anybody that boasts too much is a turn off completely. He didn’t and that’s what I liked
 TomásIasan
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2018 3:05:50 AM
Show what you do in pictures, show where you live, and something that says you as a person in everyday life and hobbies.

You do that and get some of these qualities in it confident, kind, intelligent, consistent, commitment-oriented, secure, honest, healthy, smart, fun, funny, emotionally available, able to make her a priority, interested in life, and a hard-working provider. Follow it up with proof and ability on date you don't get asked the shit test bs questions you just need to prove your worth.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 10:11:46 AM
I love my boyfriends profile it's short and sweet.
Also I like his pictures.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 1:23:28 PM

So true.
Attractive people never get divorced or have problems in their relationships.

Attraction being #1 isn't about the mainstay of a Relationship -- although it Does Help. It's about it being the #1 thing on the resume, to land interest & dates. Hands down.

I don't know why folks are saying "cerebral" connection. It's just a connection. Guys are going to want a connection just as much as women when comes to a Relationship. If going by guy/girl trends, if anything, I would presume guys tend to want more of a connection with a gal to be in a Relationship, as guys are more picky about being in a Relationship VS just-dating.

And the connection you have with someone -- yes, is affected by Physical Attraction (and connection affects physical attraction too).
 julystorm22
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 5:05:27 PM

I'm starting to think the opposite. All of my fat friends (and I have good number of them) are coupled or married. Meanwhile, I go home from the gym to an empty apartment four days a week. Oh well.

I have noticed the same thing and I think that people who are not as good-looking are more likely to be less fussy. This does not mean they settle. Actually far from it. I think that because they have less options they are more likely to consider the options they have more carefully. Really good-looking people, on the other hand, are presented with so many options that the decision becomes difficult, and often they do not give each person a sufficient enough chance to know them. Its like having 10 different choices of cheesecake. You want to try them all so you only take one bite of each one but if you only had 2 choices of cheesecake you might eat both pieces in their entirety.
 MsMicki
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 7:56:26 AM

I have noticed the same thing and I think that people who are not as good-looking are more likely to be less fussy. This does not mean they settle. Actually far from it. I think that because they have less options they are more likely to consider the options they have more carefully

actually, I think people that carry extra weight or aren't the stereo-typical "good lookers"....tend to judge others more on personality than looks.
I see far more happier marriages/relationships with "just plain folk" than I do with the good looking crowd.
These are couples that are truly "best friends"...they communicate, they relate, they laugh, still hold hands and pat each other on the asses...
When they are out in public...they are focused on each other....instead of focused on who is looking at them or checking out who is around them.
 julystorm22
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 10:16:12 AM
Yes, I have observed the same. Bottom line is that appreciation for each other and contentment makes for a strong relationship. So being too un-attractive and too attractive are both negatives when it comes to longterm relationships.
 risingAlpha
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2018 8:34:02 PM
Highly Debatable.
 realtysucks
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 4:57:31 PM
The Door Swings both Ways

I have noticed as well from my observation

Women are too particular or they are lying too them selves

You can right a good profile and still get ignored. Even if
one keeps the conversation simple.

There are other perspectives I can get into.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 5:13:34 PM

So being too un-attractive and too attractive are both negatives when it comes to longterm relationships.

Being too unattractive does -- for dating, not-serious relationships, serious relationships, marriage, etc. More on a relative scale to the other.

TOO attractive doesn't hurt. It helps for all categories. I think it only opens a Potential drawback that could occur. That is if she (or he)'s a social butterfly & doesn't want to put up any defense layer to the opp-sex they'll more need of when socializing, when compared to an average Joe or Jane. The jealousy of their sig-other will sink in for a reason.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Profiles that Turn the Ladies on ???