Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for comments on my ever changing profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennistown
Msg: 26
Looking for comments on my ever changing profilePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Any comments, questions, concerns?

Comment.

DrueCrue: The eulogy will be given by the deceased

Your "Headline" speaks of Funerals and the dead.

Most people try to put their best foot forward,
on their introductory dating profile.

If this is your best attempt at wooing a woman,
I'll bet you're a real peach
when the "true you" finally comes out.

Question.

Great sense of humor.

Who? You?

Your humour does not jump off the page
from what you've written. (What humor?)

Also, it is certainly not shown,
in the photographs you have presented.

If you know a joke. Or have something, anything,
funny to say, do it now. The time is now!

Concerns.
Your "Main" photograph.
If you insist on laying on your bed,
for that first impression, you better looks sharp.

Currently you are posed like Katlin Jenner.
As though, you got your junk tucked behind your legs.
Not a good look for you. I've heard of "rockstars" wedging
a plantain and some tennis balls in their costume
for a photo shoot, to better attract the ladies.
That just might stimulate some interest.
Good luck.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 27
Looking for comments on my ever changing profile
Posted: 10/16/2015 10:34:02 AM
As ordered on profile we see:
pic 1: in your (little boy) bed, unfriendly facial expression
pic 2: out of focus, dark, you blend into background, might not even be you
pic 3: out of focus, angry expression
pic 4: in bed again, unhappy expression
pic 5: negative facial expression almost duck lips
pic 6: out of focus, angry expression
pic 7: only one that is semi passable but you're wearing sunglasses
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/16/2015 10:44:44 AM
Picture #1.=Nice
#2= delete
#3.=OK
#4.=snooze
#5.=Huh? Pouty lips?
#6.=Ok if you want to keep and delete #'s 2-5
#7.=Yay out doors, even though you have shades on, you have another pic without so good.

LOL My BF hates to have his picture taken, however he realized if he wanted to be found in hundreds of profiles, he had better provide at least a few good pics.

The ladies are telling you like it is, from our view point and a few good lookin' gentlemen have provided you with their straight forward suggestions! You have received some good advice here!
 Chromis1
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2015 10:54:57 AM

Then we can post comments that will help bring out the good in me and give me ideas to put in my profile. First comments on pictures. Go.

I'm not nearly as handsome as you are, not nearly as tall and certainly not nearly as young, yet every one of my pictures are better than any of yours. Do you see why?
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2015 12:23:34 PM
Comments on your photos? We already told you. Your photos look moody, mean, scary. Oh never mind. That is your personality? Leave them, they are perfect.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/16/2015 1:19:49 PM

Melancholy wouldn't really be the word for it, right? More along the lines of aggravated, right? You don't think people will respond understandingly and appropriately to that?

What would be an “appropriate” response to your aggravation? Are you expecting women to say, “Oh, you poor baby, women have been so mean to you, here’s my body to make you feel better!”

That will not happen.

I don’t understand this weird phenomenon of expecting pity sex just because you exist and want some….like you expected Mommy to bring you cookies and milk to fix your emotional boo boos.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter what photos you post until you get over your aggravation on your own, and realize no woman is required or wants to fix you.
 DrueCrue
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/16/2015 3:26:28 PM
Not one positive thing to say about my profile, huh? Ok there were a couple. Thank you to those of you who gave even a small positive response.
 DrueCrue
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/16/2015 3:34:58 PM
Anybody 2 hours away or closer wanna help me with a photo shoot??? I don't mind driving (:
 call_me_tater
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/16/2015 5:25:25 PM
Andrew,

You can do good quality selfies.
Make sure phone isn't in the shot, have good lighting (pref outdoors) and think of funny or happy things and rapid fire.
Yes, you'll feel stupid, just make sure there are no witnesses ;).
The think is, girls don't want to date someone who looks or sounds miserable.
Nobody knows you and this profile is the only thing anybody has to go on.

Reviews can feel like a personal attack, but they really aren't.
We are showing how you appear to strangers based on the only info we have.

Write 3 paragraphs.
1. Your personality
2. What you do in your free time. She wants to know if you share things in common, what it's like to date you, etc.
3. The woman you seek. Qualities, not looks. Do you like an outdoorsy no make up type or a girly girl?

You can write more but get those basics down.
If God, church, etc is important in your life, write about that too.

Don't write your "about me" when in a bad mood. It shows.
Take your time. That shows too.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/16/2015 5:51:37 PM
Hi OP,

I don't have social media either so I can relate to you there.

Please get rid of gloomy-looking pictures and replace them with smiling ones. Those are more appealing. Who wants to go on a date to look at a gloomy face all night? Watching Seinfeld on DVD at home is more fun. See Eric Summit (one of the reviewers in this thread)? He has great pictures, use them for ideas. They show a positive person with a fulfilling life.

You can go to the park on a nice day and ask a stranger to take a couple of shots of you.

You may want to remove the email address.

Some of my thoughts are below:

"I would REALLY love to find a nice girl to share life with."
No need to use caps in "really," and "really" can go altogether. Obviously you want to find a nice girl, that's why you're here.

"No way you can get to know my complex personality from one small paragraph and a few still pictures."
Get rid of this altogether. Your personality is as complex as the guy before you and the guy after you.

"I don't judge - tattoos, piercings, smoker, drugs, kids, whatever."
I'd take this out - it already sounds judgmental.

"I'm a very nice guy, a lil shy, but don't let the shyness fool ya. I very much respect women. Great sense of humor. Impartial. Very much a spiritual person with good morals and high standards. Sarcastic sometimes. Working in construction. Looking to move south for the winter. Age doesn't matter to me. Big fan of music. I enjoy doing all kinds of things and would like to expand my horizons meeting new people and trying new things. There are some things I don't agree with, but you will have to get to know me to find out what."

This is fine, you can add some details to make things more interesting. What kind of music? do you like concerts? what do you mean you're looking to move south - south where? for work? What kinds of things do you enjoy doing? What do you do with yourself besides work? Play any sports? Your profile really reveals nothing about your life.

What kind of woman are you looking for? what do you hope to do on your dates?
 Forums_only
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/16/2015 8:01:49 PM

No way you can get to know my complex personality from one small paragraph and a few still pictures.

You're apparently 'spiritual, like music, golf and tennis. Instead of spending 2 sentences telling your viewer how they can't get to know you, why not actually give them some information that will help them decide if they even want to?

You have 2 religious references in your Interests field. Do you want to meet someone who is also into the same faith? Is that particularly important if they are the same faith? (If yes, some of the more religious dating sites may be more helpful).

You mention Golf and Tennis. Why not add a line about those? Why do you like golf? (for example)

It's fine to say you don't judge, so no need list the things you think are judgment-worthy.

I know people like sarcasm

No we don't. A profile should have positive personality, description and humour where you can. This is just a basic body for now, add the details.

There is only one photo where you are smiling, and sadly you have sunglasses on so it's useless as a main photo. If you truly have no friends, family, co-workers or total strangers that will take your photo, at least get outside for the selfies.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for comments on my ever changing profile