Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > So You Took An Ancestry DNA Test, Now What?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 26
So You Took An Ancestry DNA Test, Now What?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Luke, I am your father.
So You Took An Ancestry DNA Test, Now What?
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:50:42 PM
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/2/2015 12:55:33 PM
I think it would be interesting to find out the genetic genealogy and DNA tests results of some of the proponents of white supremacy of this forum.
 DVorste
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/2/2015 9:36:29 PM
Already done. I'm satisfied ; very. Proud to be Aryan. Oh , Self Segregated NOT supreme.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/3/2015 12:30:39 PM

Message #29:
Already done. I'm satisfied ; very. Proud to be Aryan. Oh , Self Segregated NOT supreme.

And all this time I thought white supremacists are the ones advocating racial segregation.

Not even 1 percent African DNA? There is a belief that many self-identified white women and men have hidden African ancestry in their families.

If Adolf Hitler was likely to have had Jewish and African roots, interesting to read you being the exception.
 8inscrew
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/3/2015 5:00:20 PM
I take him at his word... why not?
There is a difference between supremacists and segregationalists. Sp?

I know some of the latter.
They speak and interact with "minorities".
Most just want to be among their own.

A supremacist thinks they are too good to be talking to "those" people.
They couldn't be cordial if they had to...

I don't see the point with either.
I think the diversity in our world is great.

Other cultures do things differently.
I have stated strong opinions about illegal immigrants, but don't "hate".
Just am tired of the cost of them.... in innocent lives and the taxes they consume,
to the wages they lower.

I hitched around Mexico for a while. (Not all illegals are Meskin, I know..)
Kind folks. Very innovative. Saw a guy pump up a barrel to fire a brick kiln with a bicycle pump...
That's clever.

Nothing wrong with having a differing opinion.
What is wrong, is the ones getting some honky deleted, to silence him.
He does drone on and on about it, but we all have our hang ups. He is civil.
But maybe he self deleted because I pointed out the AB burns little white girls too?

I am a mutt, so it might be interesting to find out my make up....
what actual value that info would hold? Not sure.

Something like 60% of the world are descendants of Ganghis Kahn.
Yeah... he and his kin took over the Caucasus. As did Persia, Arab, and other "races".
White as snow? Riiiiiiiight. But he only claimed to be satisfied, not 100%.

Some of his points on first settlers are interesting. They just found another 10--14k year old rock
in NJ. The stone is from France? Worked by hand, matches rock "art" found over there too.
Does that mean USA is belongs to "whites" ?
Course not.
No denying what immigrants did to the native population, here.
 deetristate
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/3/2015 5:50:01 PM
if it is hidden, does it matter?

President Obama says that he is black; he doesn't have any choice. Cab drivers, guards at Macy's,etc.

The most far out claim that I could make would be to say that I am Eritrean, maybe.

I have relatives who look like that woman who plays black widow. if they marry aryan, and the kids look like that australian woman who was married to tom cruise or that sherlock holmes/star trek actor, does it matter to their everyday lives?

""No denying what immigrants did to the native population, here.""

This always comes up. And therefore . . .what?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/3/2015 7:52:18 PM

Message #30:
There is a belief that many self-identified white women and men have hidden African ancestry in their families.

Message #32:
if it is hidden, does it matter?

Don't you see the irony? It does matter, especially when some of these same people are calling for segregation of "their" race, and advocate to fight for their own "ethno white nation".

How Can A White Supremacist Be 14 Percent Sub-Saharan African?

Craig Cobb, an outspoken white supremacist, made national news a few months ago when he announced a plan to turn the tiny, remote town of Leith, N.D. — population: 19 — into a haven for white supremacists.

To advance his cause, he thought it wise to go on a daytime talk program, The Trisha Goddard Show, and agree to a genetic test to prove his racial purity.

The test determined that 14 percent of Cobb's DNA came from sub-Saharan Africa, according to Goddard, the show's host.

"You've got a little black in you," Goddard said, gleefully, offering him dap.

"Oil and water don't mix," Cobb protested. He later said that the results were part of a plot by the show to "promote multiculturalism."

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/11/13/244995839/how-can-a-white-supremacist-be-14-percent-sub-saharan-african

I just noticed he was deleted again. I simply don't understand why people keep getting reported for having a difference of opinion. What's the point of having an open forum, if we can't debate civilly?

We shouldn't suppress people's right to express their opinions.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/3/2015 8:21:39 PM
When he posts in Off Topic, he's safe as houses. But he always ventures into the other forums and that's what gets the attention of the reporters.

I've stopped trying to figure it out. Someone will accuse someone else of reporting people so then the person accused gets hit with a peremptory attack. It's just weird out there.
 8inscrew
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/4/2015 12:17:35 AM
Safe as housè....ès¿

Censorship.

Can someone help make me unsee the stonihg of soraya.

There is a difference
 deetristate
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/4/2015 2:49:30 AM
People who delete others are under the delusions that

1) they have some important power and

2) if they delete what the person wrote,and kick the person out of the forums, the person will change or the beliefs that person holds will no longer exist.

3) the world should be arranged so that the person doing the deleting is never offended or faces something unpleasant.

Again, why should some stranger writing in a forum cause that much stress to the person doing the deleting?
------ As to the topic

Have you seen the commercial where the guy thought that his ancestors were from one region of the wold and it turned out that they were/DNA-wise from another so he bought kilts, I believe.

If a woman is full blooded Chinese but third generation born and raised in Peru, isn't she Peruvian?
There are full-blooded Italians, by DNA, in France who couldn't be more French.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2015 9:55:04 PM

They sent me a new packet of seeds and said 'grow a different family tree!!!!'

Seriously... apparently my family line on my mother's side flows back to French King Louis 13 or 14 -
we're the '**stard' line as the king decided to ditch his original defacto when another female attached to bigger land dowry came along...

we've got a LONG history of dysfunctional unmarried parents in our family tree right up to my own grandparents on mother's side... and an Australian wench in Sydney to thank for that... lol

I know my bloodline is French Italian English - and my son's is Polish/(anecdotally) American Indian/ French/ Italian/English
As I joke for 'this' [redneck] island - we're very 'fresh blood'...

As for the Neanderthal link... I definitely believe this... especially given my own sensory issues and study as a result of reading from Autism research...
it's something I'd like to explore further....
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2015 9:57:52 PM
ooops, I forgot about POF 'censoring'... ^^^^^^^^

I was trying to mention the term for children born to unmarried parents... b@st@rd....
 Walts
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/21/2015 3:33:18 AM

Most just want to be among their own.

I believe "their own" is the reason for this kind of post.

As in, WE ALL are connected genetically, somehow, and sometime in the past. It's hard for many to comprehend when you can't "see" the past, and where we actually came from. Especially when the past is not just a hundred years or so.

I was contacted by an old girlfriend from many, many years ago after she did some research about her family history. Somewhere along the line one her ancestors bedded up with one of mine after getting off the boat from Ireland. We laughed and called our hometown a town of inbreeding drunks.
 Maleman999
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/21/2015 5:26:58 AM
If I was to do an ancestry check, it would probably show that all of my ancestors are dead, so they have no bearing on my current life.
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/21/2015 5:46:48 AM
From 1939 to probably 1945 German state employees were required to prove ethnic purity through the 11th century. Eastern Europeans can show the same purity. Some folks even live in the same house as ancestors from centuries ago. My test results were exactly as I expected. A very unique segment of our race choses to be pure. We ALL have the right to exist.
 Jo van
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/21/2015 6:55:22 AM

From 1939 to probably 1945 German state employees were required to prove ethnic purity through the 11th century.

Yes, and Hitler was also a "certified fvckwit". [/Med. Term]

900 years gives you 32 BILLION direct ancestors.
just 500 years ago, you already had one million direct ancestors.
We all did.
And each of those one million ancestors also had their own one million ancestors, in the preceding 500 years, and so on...

The population of the entire world only reached one billion, for the first time ever, in about 1800.
Your DNA shows that you share ancestry with people who you consider to be from other "races".
That's because there's no such thing as "race".
There's also no such thing as "Aryan" either. (It was a linguistic, not a "racial" term. )
Or "Caucasian", come to that.
Learn something, anything.
Read more. Learn some facts.
Post less shit.

While originally meant simply as a neutral ethno-linguistic classification, from the late 19th century onwards the concept of the Aryan race has been used as a form of Scientific racism, a pseudoscience used by proponents of ideologically-motivated racism and supremacism such as in doctrines of Nazism and neo-Nazism. Aryanism developed as a racial ideology that claimed that the Aryan race was a master race.
//
The term Aryan originates from the Sanskrit word ārya, in origin an ethnic self-designation, in Classical Sanskrit meaning "honourable, respectable, noble".[3][4]

In the 18th century, the most ancient known Indo-European languages were those of the ancient Indo-Iranians. The word Aryan was therefore adopted to refer not only to the Indo-Iranian peoples, but also to native Indo-European speakers as a whole, including the Romans, Greeks, and the Germans. It was soon recognised that Balts, Celts, and Slavs also belonged to the same group. It was argued that all of these languages originated from a common root—now known as Proto-Indo-European—spoken by an ancient people who were thought of as ancestors of the European, Iranian, and Indo-Aryan peoples. The ethnic group composed of the Proto-Indo-Europeans and their modern descendants was termed the "Aryans".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_race
If you consider yourself to be "aryan", then it's because you descend from "indians", (Or the country currently known as "India", which, of course didn't exist then.)
You are also descended from the people you currently refer to as "semites", because those people brought the technology which changed your ancestors from being 'hunter-gatherers' into farmers.
We are all their descendants, regardless of the shade of your skin.

You're definitely not "white", because there's no such thing.
I think you might well be part Oompa-Loompa. (sp?)
JMO

In the 1971 film, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, they were written to be played by actors with dwarfism and are portrayed as orange-skinned, green-haired men in striped shirts and baggy lederhosen-like pants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Charlie_and_the_Chocolate_Factory_characters#Oompa-Loompas
HTH
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/21/2015 7:07:28 AM
Ref: Google. Aryan = Noble. Have a White Day !!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2015 8:22:01 AM
From the Urban dictionary found on Google:

aryan
1. (most common usage) The supposed "white" master race. This recent mutilation of the meaning of "Aryan" was first caused by anti-Semitism (prejudice against Jews or Judaism). Some early Christian scholars made up the idea of an Aryan race (no evidence, just theories based on their own prejudices) as a means of separating themselves from their Jewish heritage (Christianity began as an extremist Jewish sect). They wanted to believe that they descended from different people than the Jews because of differing religious beliefs (ignoring that fact the old testament of the Christian bible is really just an idealized translation of the Torah, or Jewish Hebrew bible).

This idea of an "Aryan" race was strongly embraced by Germans as nationalism united the many weak and divided states into a single German nation (during the 19th century). We all know were things went from there (during the early 20th century), with Adolf Hitler using this German superiority complex to assist in gaining power and then blaming all of Germany's problems on non "Aryans". Many hundreds of thousands of people have suffered from this fallacy. There is no such thing as an "Aryan" race. The idea that "Aryans" where outsiders who came into India to conquer the natives is also unproven. People just believed this because of wishful thinking and not proof. This pompous eventually led to widespread false use of "Aryan" by Nazis and other racists as the supposed "white" master race (this racism needs to stop).

2. Many religions (including Zoroastrians, Buddhists, Jains, and Hindus) use Aryan as a title for a person who is noble and/or spiritual. In Buddhist teachings for instance, someone can be Aryan, no matter what race they are, by being noble, good natured, righteous in behavior, etc... Likewise Aryan status is lost by not living up to this code of conduct.

3. (obsolete) Aryan was once used to refer to the people (not race) who spoke the original Indo-Europe language/s, but that term has been replaced by PIEs, or Proto-Indo-Europeans.
 Maleman999
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/21/2015 10:01:17 AM
I thought it was the first name of the guy who is the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:48:37 PM
World is always full of those who wish to be outstanding in some way. If they then look around their lives and can find nothing remarkable and outstanding or worthy (or kind, or bright, or even useful), they then seek to claim from their forefathers that worth.

My sister had the test done. It managed to miss the fact that my father was 100% Norwegian (found 10%). Also missed my (documented) Native six-greats grandmother. Think I'd save my $ till the tests get better. . . .
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/21/2015 3:35:20 PM

I thought it was the first name of the guy who is the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers.

He is definitely the most attractive NFL quarterback but losing to Detroit???????? The world turned backwards.

OT

I wonder where all that DNA info people willingly submit to some anonymous DNA lab is being kept. Hm.
 JujuO12
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/24/2015 7:16:36 PM

By the same token, many white people don't realize they have black ancestry.

If you watch the PBS show Finding Your Roots, the whites they do genetic test on have always been 100% European. African Americans tend to be no more than 70% African. And the Asians tend to be 100% Asian. I do not think they ever did any one who was Native American. It is an excellent show.
http://www.pbs.org/weta/finding-your-roots/
 NJgirl116
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/28/2016 8:55:42 PM
So I paid a hundred dollars for mine, and it IS pretty vague. I was not disappointed though, because I know a DNA test won't give you countries according to today's map. It was fun to read though. Here are my results - you can decide if you want to pay for this:

European 99.9%

Eastern European 34.7%
Ashkenazi 27.5%
Northwestern European 13.2%
French & German 4.7%
Finnish 0.6%
Scandinavian < 0.1%
Broadly Northwestern European 7.8%
Southern European 6.6%
Balkan 2.3%
Broadly Southern European 4.3%
Broadly European 18.0%
Much of Europe was buried under miles of ice ten thousand years ago. As the glaciers receded over millennia, Neolithic farmers from the Near East joined Paleolithic hunter-gatherers to settle Europe.

You have 278 Neanderthal variants. You have more Neanderthal variants than 52% of 23andMe customers.
However, your Neanderthal ancestry accounts for less than 4% of your overall DNA.

The Neanderthal part was my favorite part of the test.
Posted: 2/29/2016 4:04:14 PM
I had the DNA ancestry test done. They found that 33 % of my DNA cannot be accounted for in any way. Giorgio A. Tsoukalos tells me that it's from ancient alien astronauts.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > So You Took An Ancestry DNA Test, Now What?