Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Home ownership a dealbreaker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Looking_4_her_still
Msg: 101
Home ownership a dealbreaker?Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Your friends are practical thinkers. This is good.

Consider a relationship which yields a marriage contract, your friends smartly seek access to tangible assets like a house which is easy to liquidate. This is achieved with a"quick claim deed" enabling her, the legal spouse ownership of the property. That way if they split up she can receive the house in a divorce contract. Then she sells it and makes lots of money. See, women are really smart.

Too bad the 32 yo is learning a lesson the hard way. Sounds like she had a 5%er badboy guy with lots of gfs available. Thats OK as those type of guys are fun to have sex with but wont get her financial stability in post heyday years. She can still keep her badboy friend but she should consider picking up nice guys, the 95%, who are willing bend over backwards to please. Dont worry, she will find empowerment, and will get her revenge over men in due time. A local divorce lawyer should be able to point her in the right direction.

In Western cultures, any women in her heyday can get rich if she uses existing civil laws covering relationships. I had an aunt who made million$ off men using marriage/divorce contracts and she did that in her 30s and 40s.
 Akitahun
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Home ownership a dealbreaker?
Posted: 10/25/2015 12:29:19 AM
I don't "require" a homeowner, just someone that can afford to take out once in awhile. The last one had an hourly job...we watched a lot of NETFLIX!!! And no younger guys wanting me to support them..haha.
 sealady111
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:04:01 AM
tater....
Stamp Duty sounds like it could be like your Sales Tax.
It is a once off on the purchase.

Then the land / property is valued by the Valuer General Department and Rates (Local Govt tax) and Land tax is paid on the deemed value.

As to insurance.... there is mortgage insurance to cover the bank in case you default.
Then home and contents insurance.

Certianly cheaper to live in a tent at the beach on love and fresh air.
 Strings6
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2015 3:11:44 AM
I waited until I was 54 to buy my first and last house,i will never pay it off and don't care because I will probably be gone in a few years,its all stuff,all temporary and one day I will leave it all behind and I find peace in that.....ownership is a myth,we don't own anything.

Rent in my area is insane,i pay 800 a month for my house and could rent it for 1200 a month,crazy.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/25/2015 3:23:21 AM
Well I've owned three homes, leased condo's and rented apts/houses but after reading this thread I'm just going to live out of my car, take all this stuff out of the equation. :/
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/25/2015 4:56:22 AM

The last one had an hourly job

As opposed to what? A professional, salaried career?

Apparently a blue/white collar distinction on a profile would be beneficial as well as the owner/renter thingy?

Interesting how words like hourly, shift and professional are used to describe someones...job. Oh wait...career!

Gents, take note that salaried careers sound more attractive then the hourly shift jobs.
 Looking_4_her_still
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/25/2015 5:28:50 AM
Something peculiar about women and houses. I now lease my house for extra income. I remember when I lived there, dates would move in and start remodeling even though it was not their property. Could never figure out why.

As little girls they spent lots of time playing with doll houses, Barbie and Ken, so their minds are hard wired such that males paying for houses is putative regardless of how much money is lost.

Many single womwn get the house as part of a divorce contract. Ive met lots of them and they are looking for someone to pay the mortgage. Others already lost the house, forclosed, and too old to get a living wage job. Sad because they raise their kids there and have a pool, etc. Ive learned thru dating how expensive it is to maintain a pool. One lady said its $800/mo but she only gets $1,300. I use the pool at the gym for free.

Then there is Affordable Care Act aka Obama care, the new tax. That eats into the money divorced women thought they would have to replace the kitchen floor with rare italian tiles. Obama care is just starting to effect budget math and many women will spend all they can on home decoration and try to find males to pay for it all by selling their own homes.

Of course smart diveorced women just have the judge order the ex to pay medical insurance , home remodeling costs, car allowance along with standard spousal support as part of the decree.

Like they say, Its all good as long as the money is there.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/25/2015 5:32:24 AM
Try saying some instead of all. Yes, houses are our obsession followed by lip gloss and reality TV.
Off to remodel the bat cave
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:26:06 AM
MY older son lives/rents the house in NY & I moved south...so it was not a dealbreaker in my case.

But I made that decision to be flexible.
 csillagjanos
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:12:29 PM
"Wherever I hang my hat, that's where my home is."

I am a rambling man. I live, I move, I live, I move, I live, I move.

I live for moving, and I move for the living.
 sealady111
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:14:36 PM
Clooney... I hope that lovely woman in your photo is your new love.
I wish you both all the best.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:20:53 PM
She is and thank you Diana :)
 ndm147
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:54:38 PM
My daughter lives in Australia and as posted, everything is extremely expensive, whether it is cars, homes, a take away or lobster on the coast.
 Chromis1
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2015 8:32:54 PM

Certianly cheaper to live in a tent at the beach on love and fresh air.

There's a decent sized swath of beach on Maui dedicated for just this purpose. The people there are otherwise homeless. Every time I drive past it, I think ... "Yanno ..... If I just ....."
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/25/2015 9:09:32 PM

As little girls they spent lots of time playing with doll houses, Barbie and Ken, so their minds are hard wired such that males paying for houses is putative regardless of how much money is lost.

LMAO, We did?
My mom gave me a doll house for Christmas. I did not want a doll house. The following Christmas I asked permission, to give it away to a little girl who wanted a doll house. The look on her face when she saw the brand new/never used doll house, was priceless.
Never had a Barbie doll or Ken Doll. Thought they were mean looking.

I was outside climbing trees, riding my bike, building forts and Indian tepees.

As Ouija said, "Some" not "All"
 call_me_tater
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:27:17 AM
I had Barbies and they had horses, sports cars, jeeps, an airplane, swimming pool, camping tents....no dream house, no glittery dresses and no high heel shoes.
My Barbies went on adventures and never wore shoes.
Just like me.

That beach in Maui sounds perfect to me.
I do hate Spam though...
 2ufo
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/26/2015 4:58:17 PM
My Barbies dated my brother's GI Joes.
He hated it. "They're for fighting," he'd yell. "Not for dating your stupid dolls."

Occasionally, he'd borrow a Barbie as a hostage for his GI Joes to rescue.
 overunity
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2015 6:24:04 AM
Apparently "Divorced Barbie" was the most expensive doll to buy since it came with all of Ken's previous belongings.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/27/2015 6:40:50 AM
I never owned a Barbie :(
Meanwhile years ago a woman I know altered and did a storyline for a Barbie she sold on eBay, funniest thing ever.
Never had a pony either
omg, my childhood sucked!
cool, you can still see it on a google search = RAGING HORMONES MENOPAUSAL PROZAC BARBIE BAC1
Ken became a cross dresser, its a classic. She blew up many a Barbie in her stove
 Maleman999
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:20:09 AM
It makes me wonder if there's a facelift/breast implants/botox injected Barbie and a beer bellied/sitting around in his underwear Ken. I wonder why the doll makers didn't come out with pregnant Barbie with baby Barbies and baby Ken's. Maybe they thought Barbie would lose her sex appeal if they did that. You can't have little girls thinking Barbie lost her sex appeal. That's probably why they never came out with a fat Barbie or anorexic Barbie.
 ohenryx
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2015 1:13:47 PM

sealady111
Clooney... I hope that lovely woman in your photo is your new love.
I wish you both all the best.

Okay, WTH happened to sealady111? This is getting ridiculous!

Messages this short may not be posted
 Chromis1
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2015 1:32:19 PM
I don't talk with Sealady, but my guess is that she's taking a break. Her last run sounded pretty frustrating.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:02:13 PM

Meanwhile years ago a woman I know altered and did a storyline for a Barbie she sold on eBay, funniest thing ever.

Omg that was too freaking funny!!!
 CassieBess
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2015 1:17:19 AM
Agree - I don't own my own home anymore - am I therefore to remain single? It is right to protect one's own assets - but to exclude based on home ownership?
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/18/2015 3:43:10 AM
I read in the paper today that an Australian man is suing his lawyers.
Here is a link to an internet article.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3321487/Adelaide-man-loses-Porsche-cemetery-plot-900-000-former-partner.html

Apparently he had been living with a woman, she moved into his house and after about a year he asked his lawyers to draw up a sort of prenup when you are not getting married.

They split up and she gets the Porche, $900,000 and a cemetery plot.
He is 64, they do not give her age but she deos not look anywhere near her 60's.
The faces are blurred but to me her body looks more 20-30 ish.
He is obviously not happy.

Important safety tip. When getting a legal document drawn up.
Have it done properly.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Home ownership a dealbreaker?