Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Home ownership a dealbreaker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 201
Home ownership a dealbreaker?Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^ Haha! At least Catholic people are allowed to use condoms now. (I think?)

* Response was at Chromis 1.

Re. Directly above me: Am I the only person that finds a person becomes more or less physically attractive as I get to know him?
 BBEisBack
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Home ownership a dealbreaker?
Posted: 12/12/2015 12:26:10 PM

Posted By:SunshineGirl,
I wouldn’t be interested in dating a man a “good friend” of mine had dated. Once a friend dates a man he is off limits.

And. She stopped dating him for a reason, why would a woman want to pick up with a man where a friend left off?

You & Your Girl Friends have the exact same taste in everything?
Wear the same clothes, drive the Same Cars, use the same blankets & sheets, ETC....

Just because someone else doesn't Click, with someone, doesn't mean You wouldn't.....

Just a narrow minded way to look at Life...

Sometime You read enough of another's posts & You can see why they're Single.....
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 203
Posted: 12/12/2015 12:50:41 PM
I think a member of FGTOW is nearby...

You can go your own way
Go your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can go your own way
Go your own way
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 204
Posted: 12/12/2015 1:33:13 PM

Posted By:SunshineGirl,
I wouldn’t be interested in dating a man a “good friend” of mine had dated. Once a friend dates a man he is off limits.

And. She stopped dating him for a reason, why would a woman want to pick up with a man where a friend left off?

You & Your Girl Friends have the exact same taste in everything?
Wear the same clothes, drive the Same Cars, use the same blankets & sheets, ETC....

Just because someone else doesn't Click, with someone, doesn't mean You wouldn't.....

Just a narrow minded way to look at Life...

Sometime You read enough of another's posts & You can see why they're Single.....

You obviously don't get it, and probably never will. Good female friends don't date each other's exes. It has nothing to do with whether or not they have the same tastes. You don't always know the real reasons why they broke up, or whether or not the friend might still harbor some feelings for her ex. Why risk damaging the friendship? It's just safer not to go there.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 205
Posted: 12/12/2015 1:49:31 PM
Showboat.
Amazing.
You are having a run of choosing the same sort of women.
Asking those sorts of questions on a first meet?
Checking out your place including the fridge?
Really?
If I was meeting a man like you I would rather be checking you out and only look in the fridge if I was helping make breakfast in the morning.
I will admit to checking out a man's bathroom and looking at pictures.
Have realised and asked sufficient questions to thwart making a horrible mistake by finding out that he and his wife/girlfriend were still living together and the bed he wanted me to get into was last occupied by him and her.

As to dating a friend's ex.... NO.
My sisters and me made a pact when we were teenagers never to go out with each other's ex.
And I could not imagine seeing a friend's ex either.
EEERRRKKK
Guarranteed way to destroy a friendship.
 Maleman999
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/12/2015 2:22:35 PM
What is the the rule if a guy and woman meet, date for a while, and find out afterwards that the one person is friends with the other person's ex? It could happen if the ex and the other person didn't date that long and didn't get to meet all of the friends, or it could be the ex is a new friend that wasn't around at the beginning. Is it a "we must break up now" situation? But I think in most cases, both would want to break up anyways, if they're going to be part of the same social circle and if there was any bad blood in the break-up.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 207
Posted: 12/12/2015 2:24:14 PM
I did remove the Vette from the profile.

Considering the MBA next Castle.
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 208
Posted: 12/12/2015 2:46:43 PM
Date the ex of a friend? In Henry's example he had taken this woman on two dates ....hardly an "ex". So yes Henry, you missed out on dating a stupid high school girl now in her 50s.

No, I don't want to date a friend's ex-fiancé or guy she dated for years or lived with or ex- husband. But a guy my friend went out with a few times, why not. Is this a "rule" like the 3D date rule or the guy is always the one to take out his wallet?

As for "she stopped seeing him for a reason..." Maybe, just maybe the guy dumped her because she wasn't up to his standards.

Back to Henry again, I liked your three requirements. Basic, honest and all you need.
 kj521
Msg: 209
Posted: 12/12/2015 3:01:20 PM
I agree Ms. Sapphiresky. Much depends on level of friendship and factors relating to previous relationship.

As an alternative explanation......sometimes... that excuse is used as a gentler rejection than a simply not interested one.
Not saying that applies to your situation, Mr. O'Henry, just another possibility is all. :)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 210
Posted: 12/12/2015 4:48:41 PM
Showboat.
I was thinking about you whilst walking my dogs this morning.
Could you feel the positive energy on your side of the planet?

Made me think of a man I met in the Aussie Outback, we were chatting whilst soaking in a hot natural artesian bore bath.

He had been married 3 times and his most recent wife had just gone.
I asked him if he had worked out why?

His answer: "Because I don't have an inside toilet."
Apparently this is a turn off for girlfriends as well.

Perhaps you need to get an inside toilet?
Do you have 'long drops'?
I found it very funny that he pumps out long drops for a living.
Many which have a flushing toilet and semi modern plumbing taking the waste to the long drop.

p.s. I would not mention the 'vette nor the MBA till y0u know them much better.
Then surprise them once they love you for you.
Unless she also has a 'vette and an MBA in which case all good.

Translation:
A long drop is a very deep hole with a drum and toilet seat on top.
You do your business and it has a long drop to the bottom of the hole.
No flushing. No electricity. Can get smelly.
Helps if you can hold your breath long enough to complete your ablutions.
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 211
Posted: 12/12/2015 5:26:18 PM
We call them an Outhouse here. I'm sure different areas have a little different name. Many summer cottages have outhouses, some camp sites. And there business that pump out an out house or a septic tank or holding tank and they are generally quite creative in their business name. I don't mind using an outhouse, I do prefer to flush.

Showboat, maybe with the Vette and MBA you intimidate women and they aren't sure what to do...so they head to the fridge for good old comfort food like Ben and Jerry's. Or wine.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 212
Posted: 12/12/2015 5:44:53 PM
Sapphiresky - I just noticed that you live in Thunder Bay.

Many other names for Outhouses include:
Thunderbox
Honeypot
Dunny
 crookcatcher3
Msg: 213
Posted: 12/12/2015 5:59:54 PM

Made me think of a man I met in the Aussie Outback, we were chatting whilst soaking in a hot natural artesian bore bath.

Am I understanding this correctly? You were in the Outback and climbed into a natural hot spring with? A stranger on the trail?

His answer: "Because I don't have an inside toilet."
Apparently this is a turn off for girlfriends as well.

Showboat's vette and MBA look pretty good in comparison I'd say.

I could see a moment where when asking where you could "freshen up" and you're told it's 30 yards out back might be a little bit of wth moment. :)

Thank you for the welcome in the other thread. :)
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 214
Posted: 12/12/2015 6:47:41 PM
I do have an indoor toilet.

Sadly...it's next to the shower! Damn!

Are there 1 bedroom 2 bath apartments??
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 215
Posted: 12/12/2015 6:52:24 PM
Yes CC.
Good to see you back.

In the outback there are artesian baths in a few places.
My favourite is at Lightning Ridge. Black Opal mining country.
I can be found there at dawn and dusk and am now a convert to a midnight dip, floating on my back staring at the desert night sky, whenever I am there.
Usually a few times a year.
Am considering retiring there.
A magical place.
Many people there do not have a bathroom at all.
Depending on rain water in the desert means very, very short showers OR go to the bore baths with clean flushing toilets and unlimited hot showers.
Open 24 hours a day and FREE.

And yes.
I start conversations with all sorts of people.
Including whilst soaking in a bore bath.
Get to meet some interesting characters that way.

Whenever I go there I meet s0meone interesting.

Showboat.
Indoor toilet, MBA and 'vette...... what more can a woman want?

I have a first meet this afternoon.
Doing the wicked no no.
Going to see a movie.
James Bond.
He likes movies so we can have something to discuss afterwards with luck.

Hmmm I wonder if he has a 'vette or a toilet?

Ohhhhh James!!!!!!!!
The man everyman wants to be and every woman wants to bed.
Although I do prefer Pierce Brosnan.

ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 216
Posted: 12/12/2015 6:59:58 PM
I'm gonna focus on making them laugh and less on satiating their palates...

Bond?

I wonder the results if he brought an exotic model home in his Aston Martin, back to his apartment?

That's it! I'll get an Aston Martin and ditch the wine for martinis!

Shaken, not stirred!

Bond got the ladies and Superman got a cave at the North Pole.

I'm gonna ditch Supes for Bond.

No bathroom? I hope there's plenty of foliage around.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 217
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:10:03 AM
James Bond movie "Spectre" was awesome.
Everything you expect from a Bond movie plus a few extra laughs.

Three things intrigued me.

1. James Bond doesn't ever use money to buy anything. Has he ever?
2. In the opening sequence, instead of bedding the girl he goes off for a fight. That is not right. He says he will be back soon but he does not return.
3. We get to see his home. I think he is a renter.

Plus, the man, my date, used a voucher card thingy to get half price tickets.
I thought it was clever.
I paid for coffee.
 ohenryx
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 10:17:01 AM
Hmmm… several points to make here, in no particular order:

castlehillsmile
James Bond movie "Spectre" was awesome.
Everything you expect from a Bond movie plus a few extra laughs.

I haven’t seen it yet. I would like to, but I have encountered a string of women lately who don’t like going to the movies. Not sure why. Several of my initial meets, might have gotten a real date if they were open to the idea of going to the movies.

castlehillsmile
Plus, the man, my date, used a voucher card thingy to get half price tickets.
I thought it was clever.

Diana, I am very pleased to hear you say that. I have serious doubts about those women here who do have a problem with coupons / vouchers.

And by the way, “honeypot” (mentioned in message 220) is NOT an outhouse or outdoor toilet. It is the small container kept indoors so that you don’t have to go outside for number 1 in the middle of the night. And it requires emptying every morning (not one of life’s more pleasant chores).

CrookCatcher3, welcome back! Glad to see you. I’m hoping InnerGorilla and DragonBits and many others make their way back as well, but I’m not holding out a lot of hope.

ShowboatSupreme
I'm gonna focus on making them laugh and less on satiating their palates...

When I first started this journey (OLD) about 6 years ago, I was astounded at how many women said “must make me laugh” on their profile. Motorcycles were a close second, but that appears to have been a fad, and has mostly dissipated by now. I did not understand the “must make me laugh” – what, you want to date Jay Leno or ???

Now I do. One of my good friends in the Meetup group makes women laugh. He is a good dancer, and he tends to “play around” out on the dance floor. He laughs, and jokes, and does exactly the wrong kind of dance moves for the music that is playing. All the while making it very obvious that he does know exactly what he is doing. A few women don’t like it, they get irritated that he isn’t doing exactly what they learned in dance class. But the great majority (95% plus) come off the dance floor laughing, with a huge smile. And later in the evening, they will invariably ask him to dance with them again.
Being the introspective type (translation: I think too damn much), I have pondered this at length. I don’t think that you can change your basic personality type, if you’re not the type who makes women laugh all of the time, then you just aren’t.

And one final word on the “won’t date a friend’s ex” topic:

b]kj521
As an alternative explanation......sometimes... that excuse is used as a gentler rejection than a simply not interested one.
Not saying that applies to your situation, Mr. O'Henry, just another possibility is all. :)

Yes, it is possible, and indeed I considered that. Sometimes the lady just isn’t interested in what I’m selling. In this case, I don’t think so. We had met, talked, danced, on about 3 occasions over the last year, so…

And, even if that were true, it would not change the basic nature of my question to the group here. If she used that as an excuse, that meant she believed it to be a valid excuse, she expected others to understand and accept it as a valid excuse.

I, for one, don’t believe it to be a valid excuse. Obviously, some here agree with me, and others disagree. The free exchange of ideas and opinions, that’s what we should be about here.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 219
Posted: 12/13/2015 3:55:03 PM

And by the way, “honeypot” (mentioned in message 220) is NOT an outhouse or outdoor toilet. It is the small container kept indoors so that you don’t have to go outside for number 1 in the middle of the night. And it requires emptying every morning (not one of life’s more pleasant chores).

^^^ That is a guzunda - 'cos it goes under the bed.

Thank you Henry.
I would enjoy an evening of a movie and dancing.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 6:58:34 PM
This 32 year old that married her " father figure", and then is surprised when he does not want to be a father at grandfather age, should not be surprised. I suppose she will divorce him and get some of his assets even after 12 months. She can move on and find a more suitable partner.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 221
Posted: 12/13/2015 7:04:40 PM
^^ They are having another go at making it work.
At the time of typing, all is good in paradise.

BUT she has her eyes open.
She still wants a home, owned (preferably) or rented and children.
He still says he wants that too and does not want her to work.
She is insisting on working and having a home and children.
They still have no 'home'.

Who knows what the next installment will bring.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 222
Posted: 12/13/2015 7:08:33 PM
^^^
Oy vey...

Sounds like she wants the trophy family while both her and hubby focus on dual income luxuries.

The kids will be raised by a third party and home entertainment systems in their bedrooms.

Both parties will be financially secure and the kids will learn a 2nd language.

He wants the stay at home mom dependent on him and she wants her own pot of gold.

Poor kids...
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 223
Posted: 12/13/2015 7:35:50 PM
At the moment they have nothing.
He travels a lot for work and she is currently travelling with him staying in motel type accomodation and moving around.
When they are 'home', they stay with either his or her mother.

She thought when she got married that mean't having a home of her own.
Rented or owned. Somewhere to raise a family.
Considering his age I am not convinced they will be able to get a mortgage on his salary alone.
And I think they still only take 1/2 of hers into consideration.
So 1/2 a salary does not pay rent nor a mortgage.

Whilst lots of people have

Sounds like she wants the trophy family while both her and hubby focus on dual income luxuries.

The kids will be raised by a third party and home entertainment systems in their bedrooms.

Both parties will be financially secure and the kids will learn a 2nd language.

He wants the stay at home mom dependent on him and she wants her own pot of gold.

I doubt this will happen.
Sadly I fear that she will fall pregnant.
He will say that was not in his plan.
He will leave or keep travelling.
She will be a single mother living with her own mother. With or without a husband.
3 generations in the one house.

I also mourn for the kids if there are any.

Disaster waiting to happen.
BUT they are both adults.
 throttle_junkie
Msg: 224
Posted: 12/16/2015 11:28:41 PM
"Comments like "He doesn't even have his own home. Nope!!!" "

Here, owning a home seems to the exception to the rule as nowadays many people my age are living in either an apartment or condo. I guess as time goes on assisted living will become the norm :-)
 Lakesidegemini
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/9/2016 6:51:12 AM
I've met on a first date with the question" what kind of wine would you like ,do you rent or own?"
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Home ownership a dealbreaker?