Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > men and wanting nothing serious      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sealady111
Msg: 26
men and wanting nothing seriousPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I changed my intent to Dating But Nothing Serious 3 days ago.
No difference.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 27
men and wanting nothing serious
Posted: 10/21/2015 6:30:12 PM
dpwesu- Well said.
Rarely, do I refer to a thread from one forum in another, but see the rant thread in dating experiences.
We are sending these types to an island, we WILL take donations from people, like you, who are TIRED of the CRAP, to give them an express ticket to go away.
PPPFFFT- Go cry to your momma, baby, adults are talking, I am DONE, DONE and DONE, with being nice to the members of the man/woman haters club who are here.
Tell um', dpwesu. :)
If you are like this, you are on a dating site, WHY????????
Keep hating men/women, have your little whiny party, just PLEASE, spare the rest of us who ACTUALLY still hold out hope for the opposite sex, even with WHATEVER we have been through, because we are wise enough to know the difference between THAT person who hurt us and everyone else.
(Yup, somebody set off bamagrl, it's times like this that I REALLY miss charminC , breath 1-2-3.......)
 NJgirl116
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/21/2015 6:57:00 PM
Wanting nothing serious doesn't bother me. I prefer a person to say it rather than lie about it. It lets me know the guy is okay to go out and laugh with but things may not last, and there will be no sex. I look at this kind of guy as a buddy, not dating potential.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2015 7:12:00 PM
sealady

No difference meaning??? Wait until the week end, it may change.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2015 7:45:53 PM
All the labels like this one sort of confuse me. I (unfortunately?) now have enough time trying to meet people online, that I know that there are at least two basic reasons why anyone puts anything in a profile: 1, because it's what they actually want; 2, because they think it's what they have to say, to get what they ACTUALLY want.

And the posts here so far, often seem to confirm that.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/21/2015 9:28:40 PM
When I see nothing serious on her profile, I keep the wallet close and the heart closer.

The peepee??

Hahahahahahaha!

Seriously, I take the intent part of a profile with a grain of salt.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/21/2015 10:23:07 PM

wow.....just wow....bitter much?

Why yes. In fact, I now embrace the bitterness (you should read my current profile). It has actually improved my mood (used to be very sad, now not so much).

We are sending these types to an island, we WILL take donations from people, like you, who are TIRED of the CRAP, to give them an express ticket to go away.

Let me know how that goes. The obvious ignoring of my posts by most here in the hopes that I would just go away has done wonders.

As for intent, I wish that "isn't seeking a relationship or any kind of commitment." was available to me - maybe it is a paid member thing even though that makes no sense whatsoever.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/21/2015 10:46:03 PM
Well, as a once prolific male, I can tell you that sex seemed more organic when the gal earned less then i did.

Go figure...
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2015 10:47:25 PM
what do you mean by more organic Clooneys? Do you mean more orgasmic lol!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2015 11:11:14 AM

This thread is humorous! On another forum people debated whether women, if they put down," not looking for a relationship" or "nothing serious" meant they are just looking for FWB. Everyone seemed to agree that the women who state that, are just looking for sex with perhaps a nice paid dinner thrown into the mix! After reading the general consensus, I made sure my profile states that I am looking for a relationship!

It's funny how people forget about the "Casual Dating / No commitment" that's below looking to date but nothing serious. A lot of gals have Dating but nothing serious selected. It doesn't mean "I put out, like now". Although with Any profile selection here on POF, that could be the case... and that does have a higher % chance, but that's about it.

The flip side is that if a guy puts looking for relationship, and a gal who likes him sees him not chasing one with her, but willing to fool around -- she calls shenanigans on him.

In reality, when dealing with people you don't know -- most people have Multiple avenues they'll take. It just comes down to some people Not wanting a particular type (no-strings roll in the hay or instant LTR).
 platypus_man
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:49:43 PM

Just wondering how successful men are with getting contacts when they state they want nothing serious

It probably depends more on how well off the guy is. There are plenty of women out there who are willing to take a chance on catching a doctor, lawyer, stockbroker or company executive, so she gambles that she can be the one who will change his mind. And it does happen. Why? Because men put that stipulation up there to let women know that they can't complain when the relationship goes south. Because he told her so up front. However. Just like women entitle themselves to be able to change their mind about anything at any time, so will a guy. If he finds a 'keeper', he'll keep her. There really aren't a lot of men who are afraid of commitment; we're afraid of getting stuck with someone we don't want, or someone who becomes something else after we get married to her, because that happens all the time. We see it in our friends marriages every day, so we know what's going on in a lot of women's minds: We're simply fish to be caught on a line, and once you 'catch' us, the 'bait' spoils and rots. So if you think that a man is afraid of commitment, what's really going on is that he doesn't want to commit to YOU.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2015 4:26:10 AM
I think the guys that shell out for a dinner in the hopes of getting something in return and then don't, are the ones to complain about being used. Some women may expect a guy to pick up the tab on a first meet as their automatic fenale right of some kind, does not mean the guy has to go along with it. I would not feel comfortable having a guy pick up my tab on a first meet, especially if I feel it is going nowhere.
 spot4username
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/25/2015 5:34:55 AM

I think the guys that shell out for a dinner in the hopes of getting something in return and then don't, are the ones to complain about being used. Some women may expect a guy to pick up the tab on a first meet as their automatic fenale right of some kind, does not mean the guy has to go along with it. I would not feel comfortable having a guy pick up my tab on a first meet, especially if I feel it is going nowhere.

IF I can get a man to actually go forward with a first meet I prefer meeting for a drink. Happy hour works well. I arrive early and order and pay for my drink. That way if it does not go well right from the start I (or he) can easily walk away. If it is going well we are in a place where the drinks are reduced (again, happy hour), food is usually available or close by and there should be a nice crowd. The crowd is good for people watching and facilitating conversation points in case one of us (usually me) is struggling. I shun the dinner as a first meet idea. Too awkward and too many expectations. I am also a restaurant snob so... there's that.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:20:51 AM
Why buy the cow when the milk is free?

Ladies, stop de-valuing ur milk & de-regulate the dairy industry. ;0P
 Maleman999
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:42:46 AM
^^^If a woman feels like a cow offering free milk, I would tell her I have lactose intolerance.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/25/2015 7:23:26 AM

I would tell her I have lactose intolerance.

then no ice cream 4 u :0(
 NJgirl116
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/25/2015 7:47:52 AM

I shun the dinner as a first meet idea. Too awkward and too many expectations.

That's what I say all the time, too.
 UZEASY
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/25/2015 9:04:11 AM
If a men has following.
1) Nice looking body / figure
2) Money to show off
3) Have a nice car
4) Great Sens of humor, Sweet talker and story teller
5) Amazing Job / Career

There is likely a chance of getting casual sex.

But If a men is someone

1) Average / Below Average looking
2) No Money
3) Average / Below average car holder
4) Serious in nature and realistic in speech
5) Average Job ...

Chances of getting casual Sex is extremely low.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/25/2015 9:19:06 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^and you know this how?

I am also sick of arguing the same nonsense that some want to keep spuelling on here about "women" and their wants.
We don't all fit in the same box...same as you men...so grow up!
Stop making excuses for your lack of effort and success in dating.
Someone like JoeBnD....who admits to maybe going on one date since his divorce is hardly a man anyone should take advice from...lol.
There is a few others that hit a rough spot and now they are the "knows all" of on line dating.
Apparently the outside world isn't much better for them....hhhhmmmm.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/25/2015 10:02:28 AM
This
I am DONE, DONE and DONE, with being nice to the members of the man/woman haters club who are here.
If you are like this, you are on a dating site, WHY????????
Keep hating men/women, have your little whiny party, just PLEASE, spare the rest of us who ACTUALLY still hold out hope for the opposite sex, even with WHATEVER we have been through, because we are wise enough to know the difference between THAT person who hurt us and everyone else.

And this
I am also sick of arguing the same nonsense that some want to keep spuelling on here about "women" and their wants.
We don't all fit in the same box...same as you men...so grow up!
Stop making excuses for your lack of effort and success in dating.

The hating attitudes of many here astounds me.
It's like a strange little world with a strange cast of characters with sour attitudes towards the opposite sex.
Nothing like it in my world, my people.
Ever think that your "luck" is bad because your attitudes show, no matter how much you try to hide it?
Hate for an entire gender because you had a bad experience?
You picked them.
The common denominator is you.
When a person is not successful at something, be it dating, a job, friendships, or whatever and point fingers at others for their misery does he/she ever look in the mirror?

When everything is always somebody else's fault, you're not being honest with yourself.
When you always think the worst of people, it's a reflection on you, not them.
Self reflection is difficult because you have to face all parts of yourself and you may not like everything you see.
It's easier to stay in that safe, cozy, familiar place where you are wonderful and everybody else sucks.
Keep that false sense of security, don't shake up your world, and keep spewing the nonsense and hatred.
Such twisted thinking...and sealing your own fate.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/25/2015 10:48:35 AM
For the young dudes chasing ladies online, if you can't get a dance in a club full of women on a Friday night, you'll struggle to get replies to your messages let alone a 2nd date.

Try the club thing first before searching for love from mom's basement...
 sealady111
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/25/2015 4:16:32 PM
My lunch date yesterday who offered FB said he was seeking a relationship.

My trial of "Nothing Serious" vs "Relationship" for a few days made no difference at all.
I find that very few people read profiles or look at anything other than the photo and then perhaps location.
That is ok. I only want one.

My experience is that there are lots of people on internet dating sites and pubs and nightclubs seeking casual sex.
BUT in my experience the men who are seeking this do not want casual sex with women who are offering casual sex.
They want women who only want to have casual sex with them.

There have been threads on here asking how may intimate partners have been in a woman's past.
Most women will not answer.

Now if a woman came out like say.... Charlie Chaplin and said she had over 2000 sexual partners and was seeking a FB.
Would that make her more attractive?
 deetristate
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/25/2015 7:17:54 PM
I see the envious and men that she has no interest in deleted Blonde Angel again. How quickly was it this time? Sad.
 sibyll01
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/25/2015 8:10:19 PM
There's nothing wrong in wanting nothing serious.
I suppose it would all depend on one's definition of "Serious".
If "Serious" means a live-in, bound-at-the-hip arrangement;
than clearly I want-"Nothing Serious".
I am grateful to be liberated from having to cook, clean-up, & argue with someone
on a regular basis over my lifestyle choices that differ from those of another.
I'm certain that so many years of being the "Care-Giver" & being responsible for looking
after the needs of others has contributed to my current mind-set.
Frankly I am quite happy & content with my personal freedom.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > men and wanting nothing serious