Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is the reason Canda elected Trudeau Can Canada be more liberal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 26
What is the reason Canda elected Trudeau Can Canada be more liberal?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
The policies of the Conservative government didn't bother me a lot. I disagreed with many of them, but none of us will ever see a government where we agree with everything they do - or at least I hope not. There's always going to be compromise and different values.

Yeah, cutting taxes while running deficits doesn't seem like a great idea. I have more concern with environmental issues than they did; I don't think our foreign policy should include unconditional support of Israel (I think Canada was the only country to back Israel's bombing of Lebanon and the UN observation station there); there are other issues where I disagreed.

But I voted Conservative here a couple of times. Our local MP was the only person talking about the west coast fishery, and I wanted his voice there, even if I didn't agree with him on a lot of things.

But I'm far more concerned with process than results. If the process is fair, open and runs the way it's supposed to, I can accept decisions even when I don't agree with them. But the omnibus bills, the muzzling of every elected Tory (Conservative candidates weren't even allowed to go to all candidates meetings. They weren't even allowed to talk to their constituents!), the top down climate of this government....it was all so undemocratic and unCanadian. And Harper ordering Senators to kill a bill doesn't just mark the first time that's happened (the Senate has delayed passage, or added amendments before - never killed a bill passed by the Commons), but the Prime Minister's Office isn't allowed to order Senators to do that. They are separate bodies. The auditing of every environmental group ostensibly because of political activity - while the organization Harper used to head up, the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, avoided scrutiny despite the fact that everything they do is political. Then there are the robocalls which nobody believes wasn't coordinated by the PMO. And Duffy.

It was all just so arrogant and nakedly partisan. We don't want a Prime Minister that puts his party's interest above the country's.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What is the reason Canda elected Trudeau Can Canada be more liberal?
Posted: 10/22/2015 10:46:33 AM

But your story about the Tory convention reminds me of a joke from back around the same time when I was politically active: New Democrats go to conventions to make policy; Tories go to conventions to get drunk; Liberals go to conventions to get laid. I suspect looking back, both you and I were going to the wrong conventions.

I haven't heard that one in years :)

Best time I ever had at a political event: I remember one Tory Youth conference in Ottawa, where I was living at the time, and was supposed to be one of the ostensibly "responsible" adults supervising their activities. When the delegates arrived in town, the first thing they did was check into their hotel rooms. The 2nd thing they did was get in touch with some of the local Liberal riding associations, and challenge them to a game of paintball.

You ain't seen nothing till you've seen 200 rabid political hacks running around in the woods, armed to the teeth, and in a position where they really CAN "bury" the other side :)
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2015 12:04:37 PM

The policies of the Conservative government didn't bother me a lot. I disagreed with many of them, but none of us will ever see a government where we agree with everything they do - or at least I hope not. There's always going to be compromise and different values.

That, I agree with absolutely. I'm only one person in a country of 35 million. I'm nowhere near arrogant enough to think that the PM has nothing better to do than to sit around with his advisers thinking "Hmm .. now what would Gorshkov think of this?"

What bugs me to no end - and what I find most disgusting about the politics down south - is the demonizing of anybody and anything from the other side. No, the other guys are NOT stupid. They're not dictators. They're not evil. They really don't share a family tree with Stalin, or Hitler. THEY JUST DON'T AGREE WITH YOU! (That rant was general, not aimed at you, halftime)

But I'm far more concerned with process than results. If the process is fair, open and runs the way it's supposed to, I can accept decisions even when I don't agree with them. But the omnibus bills, the muzzling of every elected Tory (Conservative candidates weren't even allowed to go to all candidates meetings. They weren't even allowed to talk to their constituents!), the top down climate of this government....it was all so undemocratic and unCanadian.

I don't see how you can say that. Harper hasn't done nothing that hasn't been done by any and EVERY Prime Minister since Pierre Trudeau, who started the consolidation of power in the PMO. You could even make a strong case that he wasn't as bad as what Jean Chretien was. And God help you if you decide to hold your breath in the hope that it will keep Justin from doing exactly the same thing. Hell - the guy hasn't even made it into office yet, and already a control streak is appearing ...... do you remember his famous, loud, and oft-repeated boasts about how he would NEVER override the right of a constituency to pick their own candidates because the simple act of parachuting "Star Candidates" into ridings was just sooooooo blatantly anti-democratic? Well, how long did THAT hold up? Hint: find the date of the FIRST candidate selection meeting for the Libs during this last election. So I think you're being a bit disingenuous here.

That being said - I don't like that either. But can you really blame Harper for something, or call it un-Canadian (whatever THAT is), when it's been common practice by every government, by ever Prime Minister, since the 1960s? It's a quirk in the system that PMs have learned to take advantage of ..... and when it's been done by every government for 50+ years ....... at what point does it BECOME "standard Canadian practice"?

The auditing of every environmental group ostensibly because of political activity - while the organization Harper used to head up, the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, avoided scrutiny despite the fact that everything they do is political.

That would be a good point, if it was true. The Canadian Taxpayers Federation is a federal NON-PROFIT organization, but is not a registered Charity. They don't take tax money - which is exactly WHY they can do what they do.

From their own website:

The CTF is independent of any institutional or partisan affiliations. All CTF staff, board and representatives are prohibited from holding a membership in any political party. In 2014 the CTF raised $4.2-million on the strength of 23,526 donations. Donations to the CTF are not deductible as a charitable contribution.

And Harper ordering Senators to kill a bill doesn't just mark the first time that's happened (the Senate has delayed passage, or added amendments before - never killed a bill passed by the Commons), but the Prime Minister's Office isn't allowed to order Senators to do that.

Off the top of my head, the defeat of the bill in 1996 to merge the Canada Council with the Social Sciences and Humanities Research budgets. Another from 1996 was the defeat of the Pearson Airport Contract. Even worse, they were defeats of LIBERAL government bills by LIBERAL senators voting with the minority Tories. It happened to Mulroney. It happened to Diefenbaker. And it happened before that. No, it's not common - but it's not exactly unheard of, either. Even more common - which I think is worse - is the Senate killing bills by not bringing them to the floor for debate, or just not voting on them, so they die on the order paper when the current Parliamentary session ends.

Then there are the robocalls which nobody believes wasn't coordinated by the PMO.

Actually, I don't know anybody that DOES think the robocalls were coordinated by the PMO. Look - you've been active, you've been involved in elections yourself, or so you give the impression. I doubt there is a party or candidate in the COUNTRY who hasn't has some yahoo ripping down signs because they think it helps, or some other such bullshit.

Let me tell you a story. Ottawa-Vanier ....... a riding that has voted Liberal in every federal election SINCE CONFEDERATION, with one exception in 1923. During that election, the rich enclave of Rocliffe had been included by redistribution. Next election, it was removed, and it returned to the Liberals. This is 1988, during the free trade debate. The previous election, the liberals had won by over 25,000 votes - the Tories, as was usual there, didn't even make their deposit (at the time, you had to get 15% of the votes before your deposit was returned). The NDP? I doubt anybody in that riding had ever even SEEN the colour orange, or that they would be able to name it if they did. The sitting member at the time was Jean-Robert Gautier (yes, the Liberal hack who did EXACTLY THE SAME THING AS Duffy, but who resigned from the Senate and so avoided the entire circus).

During that campaign Tory sign destruction was so bad the RCMP set up special patrols in the riding trying to deal with it. Entire apartment blocks, which formed their own polls and had tended to vote Tory in the past, were "forgotten" during enumeration and skipped entirely. All-Candidate meetings were mysteriously re-schedulted at the last minute and somehow it was only the Tory candidate that was never informed, so he showed up an hour late, or the next day. On election day, (shades of robocalls!) people were called at traditional Tory polls and told that they were moved to a different location - that happened to ALL voters in those polls - SIX of them. Now - did Paul Martin and his PMO orchestrate all that bullsh1t? I doubt it - and I've never heard anybody suggest it, either. It was simply a bunch of undisciplined, arrogant, ignorant low-level hacks running out of control. It happens in ALL parties at various times - especially during elections where there are very divisive issues - in this case, the Free Trade agreement with the US.

So when I hear about something like the robocall scandal - especially given how scattered and unfocused it was, and how ineptly it was done - I don't sit here and shriek "ZOMG! PM IS EVIL AND SUBVERTING DEMOCRACY! CALL THE VILLAGERS TO GET THEIR TORCHES!"

What went through MY mind was "Dumb arse ...... he's in his 20s/early 30s, just starting out, and he's marked himself as a Pariah for life. He just killed any frikking hope he ever had of holding a responsible job, anywhere, doing ANYTHING, for the rest of his life. And he deserves all he gets".

And Duffy.

See above. There were a bunch of people caught up in that, from both sides of the isle. Duffy and Wallin, both being former well-known journalists instead of mere party hacks, are simply the most headline-worthy.

It was all just so arrogant and nakedly partisan.

Yes, because neither Pierre or Chretien were arrogant or partisan. And they weren't different from most other PMs in history, either - they just did it better than most.

We don't want a Prime Minister that puts his party's interest above the country's.

Please name one Prime Minister who didn't, or wouldn't. You can't - because it's a function of ambition (which you need to get there in the first place) and the system (which is the same for all of them). It's a function of being a politician, not of allegiance.

That being said - you're walking a fine line here. What do you consider putting a party's interests above that of the country? When they implement something they believe in, but you don't agree with? When they do something you don't like, even if it's within the rules or (somewhat) "standard practice", even though you've probably said nothing when YOUR party did exactly the same thing?
 427cammer
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2015 2:19:59 PM
overunity:

The Conservatives over estimated the intelligence of Canadian voters.

I'm guessing here that you are referring to the legalisation of pot and "he's cute" voters.

Harper wasn't innocent of trying to pander to the stupid vote either... why else would he have brought up the niqab thing. When it comes to the numbers I believe there are many more stupid single issue voters who smoke pot than there are single issue voters who just want to screw over the brown people.... so yeah, Trudeau won on the single issue voter front in this election.

^^^^...this being said, I agree with Harper on this issue; or more accurately I agree that Canada shouldn't change it's traditions or laws to accomodate people's religious beliefs... they should be changing their religious practices to fit in better with Canada. I think the "melting pot" thing that used to happen in the US is a better way to go.

For the tiny handful of women who didn't want to remove their niqab for a once-in-a-lifetime citizenship ceremony, it was stupid for Harper to bring this issue up at election time... not very Prime Ministerial(?). Bigger, and more important relateable issues would be whether Muslim women should be allowed to wear niquabs for their diver's license photo, or whether the RCMP should have changed their uniform regulations to allow for turbans. These are much more important issues for myself, but I still wouldn't have wanted them brought up as major election issues... there's a lot more important stuff to deal with in governing our country.

notgorshkovagain:

I'm giving you this amount of detail for a reason; my conservative credentials are impeccable for a Canadian right-winger ... but just looking at the Republicans down there gives me a serious case of the hives. Obama is pretty well aligned to where I would fall on the political spectrum. That being said, if all the declared candidates for both parties were to simultaneously run for president, believe it or not I'd probably wind up voting for Bernie Sanders. That should give you a pretty good idea of how much more to the left we generally are here in Canada.

I get a headache listening to Obama talk about how "the rich should be paying their fair share"; I mean, he just brings it up so... damn... often.

I'm curious, other than our healthcare plan, what makes you think we are so much more left than the US?

We legalised gay marriage first; they legalised recreational pot. Their unemployment insurance covers them for two... or is it three years now?... in Canada I believe it's still only one year? They've got food stamps and government housing, in some places they have government provided lunches for school children... where I grew up, if you didn't pack your own you weren't going to eat a lunch (once in a while we'd have a hotdog day... if you brought money). They talk about abortion a lot more than we do... but they have as much access to abortion clinics as the people in Canada, no?

^^^^....Trudeau tried to make an issue of it up here; none of his MPs were allowed to have pro-life views.... when Harper refused to bite it's amazing how quickly the media let this drop.

I get sick of the Republicans droning on about Benghazi; they just never want to let it drop (not that I'm saying that Hillary Clinton or Obama have nothing to hide here). For my job I do a lot of driving and I listen to CBC radio quite often (I like the Vinyl Cafe), the people at CBC love to talk about Conservative senators on and on and on.... I don't see it as being a whole lot different.

I missed watching all of the debates except the Globe and Mail one in Calgary (I heard the moderating was better in the others). There's some partisianship creeping in here, but my god, how awful, and angry and petulant and downright rude was Justin Trudeau?.... and then afterwards the newsmakers said he won?...wtf?

^^^^ Watching (or sometimes listening to) the American debates I found there to be a lot more civility.

I would really like to hear your thoughts on what makes our politics so different.
 deetristate
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/23/2015 8:46:46 PM
Clinton is as responsible for Benghazi as Bush is for 9 11.

Not at all.

The terrorists are responsible.

When crazy people want to do something, more often than not, you can't stop them.

Looks like Canada had that young and naive, "wish I had been old enough to be a hippie" and "cool" vote happening there like it did in the USA.
 saltydog02
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/23/2015 11:48:44 PM
I don't think age had much to do with the Canadian election results. The conservative that ran the party for 9 years as Prime Minister and was just defeated was 56. He was elected in his riding but his party did not win enough seats. So Harper was 47 when he was put in as Prine Minister...hardly the "old guard". The people wanted a change.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/24/2015 9:18:13 PM
Puerile rubbish from the counselor that won't marry the flight attendant, hahahahhaha
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/24/2015 9:27:43 PM
The Conservatives did the right things in 2008 and 2009 - we didn't have the deregulated banking system that the Americans did, but we got the fallout from it more than most other countries because the US is our biggest trading partner.

The Tories went with the strategy that had won for them before. They had way more money than anyone else, so they were able to brand Stephan Dion and Michael Ignateuff before they had a chance to establish their own images. It didn't work on Trudeau, because he has been a public figure since the day he was born. Their polling all showed that voters trusted them more to manage the economy and security, so those were the points they hammered at in their advertising.

There are always things that are pointed out as mistakes after the election. But sometimes you just lose. Nobody really liked Harper - they knew that and wanted you to like the other guys even less. It didn't work. But not because it was a bad strategy.
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:54:59 PM

Can Canada be more liberal?

Looks like Canada had that young and naive, "wish I had been old enough to be a hippie" and "cool" vote happening there like it did in the USA.

Looks like someone has a case of "I'm a dumb american that thinks I know everything" but doesn't have a clue.

Seriously? Can Canada be more liberal than the USA? Well duh?
It never ceases to amaze me at some of the dumb crap that spouts out of the mouth of ignorant Americans.

See you next summer when you come to visit me in my igloo to go skiing.
 deetristate
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:27:17 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people with nothing resort to ad hominem.

But continue, HF..., I mean, Jo..., I mean Chris.
 saltydog02
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:51:27 PM
I have to agree with the Bacon person , you made a stupid statement that shows you're just talking out of your butt,again. Ad hominem, you always call it that when you get called on your lack of intelligence, lack of research, lack of quoting sources and stupid comments on any topic. At least you're consistent. Many a poster has called you on this.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:22:07 PM
I'll become a liberal when I retire.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:32:41 PM
Our Liberal party is the classic middle of the road party. They have the New Democrats on the left, and the Conservatives on the right - they swing left and right depending on the mood of the country. It was the Liberals who both started running up the debt, then brought it in surpluses to pay it off (after the Conservatives doubled the debt when they were in power in their first term, then nearly doubled it again in their second).

That said, Harper was our Conservative Prime Minister, but he was way farther left than Obama. Candidate Obama in 2008 was way too far right to run for the safest seat in Alberta for the Conservative party. He opposed the Canadian healthcare system, opposed gay marriage, called for tax cuts in the midst of record deficits (in the US) - these are all positions which would have queered the Conservative brand if a single candidate had advocated them in Canada.
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/26/2015 10:31:38 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how people with nothing resort to ad hominem.

But continue, HF..., I mean, Jo..., I mean Chris.

Challenge accepted.

Fine, I'll put it out there.

You come across like one of those self centered ignoramus American idiots that walk around saying "we are #1" and think that you speak "american" yet likely haven't even left your own state besides your own country. Hard to believe I know but the rest of the world is quite different than the USA. Other countries don't form their politics, education system, society or anything else around your "fine American example". We actually are free thinkers. A bit of education might had taught you that. Shame your american schools seem so fixated on usa history that you know little or anything else about any other countries. But then what can we expect from a country that has idiots like Donald Trump actually leading in the election polls. Talk about ridiculous. How a sexist, racist repeated bankrupt idiot could get so much play is beyond me. Just my humble opinion but he is a fine example of everything that is wrong with the USA.

So to answer your question, of course we could be more liberal than the USA. That isn't really that hard to do. Shocker!!
Canada is a country founded on principles like health care is a basic human right, not something that is only for the privileged.
I am proud to be Canadian. I am proud that our politics do not resemble anything like american politics.

Some might even go as far to say that your left wing politics seem very right wing to us.
Heck, you might even think we are SOCIALISTS..... oh the inhumanity.

On that note, I'm not sure who HF or Joe might be but let me make it clear.
You and I have never had any interaction in the forums before. You could say I'm one of your more recently acquired fan club members and heck at this rate I might even be the president. The fact is, I just couldn't stand it any longer. The dumb question of "can canada be more liberal" was almost as golden as that Nazi guy that was claiming "Canadien" was the proper terminology to refer to Canadians the other day. The american ignorance just drives me crazy and sometimes I can't help myself. What can I say. I really wish the USA school systems taught you more about other cultures instead of just being as self centered and self focused as you are.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2015 6:49:07 AM
@Chris_P_Bacon:

Looks like someone has a case of "I'm a dumb american that thinks I know everything" but doesn't have a clue.

It never ceases to amaze me at some of the dumb crap that spouts out of the mouth of ignorant Americans.

You come across like one of those self centered ignoramus American idiots that walk around saying "we are #1" and think that you speak "american" yet likely haven't even left your own state besides your own country.

A bit of education might had taught you that

what can we expect from a country that has idiots like Donald Trump actually leading in the election polls

how a sexist, racist repeated bankrupt idiot could get so much play is beyond me

The american ignorance just drives me crazy and sometimes I can't help myself

The amazing thing to me is that you can say all those things and then in the middle of all that, you've got

I am proud that our politics do not resemble anything like american politics.

Are you really so blissfully unaware and hypocritical that you don't realize that those types of statements are exactly the things that MAKE American politics American politics?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/27/2015 10:19:17 AM
In Chris' defence:

He was accused of making an ad hominem attack in the same sentence where the accuser called him by different names - essentially saying that he has different user names that he is posting under. It's just one of those things that jumps out at you when you read it.
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/27/2015 11:25:36 AM

Are you really so blissfully unaware and hypocritical that you don't realize that those types of statements are exactly the things that MAKE American politics American politics?

Sorry but you don't see ME starting such stupid threads about countries I know nothing about do ya?
But since the challenge was laid down for me, I figured I'd combat stupidity with stupidity.

As for your comment, I'll have to agree to disagree ya.

I think what makes American politics American politics is the country is filled with a bunch of arrogant, inbred, toothless, uneducated hillbillies that think that the center of the universe is the USA. I fail to grasp how so many people that haven't even left their own state, besides country can determine they are the best country in the world. Just try asking them. A common response is "well I just KNOW cause I'm an American". Well duh, okie dokie then. Without experiencing life in other countries how can they really know. Umm...... So can you give me any other reasonable answer why ANY non-white, non-male would support the likes of Donald Trump? Well can ya?

At least I can say I'm well traveled and although I am proud to be a Canadian you certainly haven't seen me claim Canada is #1.

I think it is a sad state of affairs that such a wealthy country seems to have such backwards ideas about race, sexuality, equality, womens rights, etc.

Frankly I don't think it is asking the OP very much to expect she educate herself a little bit before posing such a dumb question in the forums.
 DVorste
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/27/2015 11:54:24 AM
Once again , Nationalistic Americans are forbidden from posting on this forum.

That is actually all the information anyone needs to know about canada or liberals for that matter.

So , due to site management. You win. You can take advantage of "freedom of expression" , in small letters. The opposition is not really permitted this liberty in the intellectual murky waters.
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/27/2015 12:02:40 PM
speak of the devil.
Welcome back Mr. Americano.

Sincerely,
Canadiens are a sports team, not a nationality.

PS: Is the term "Nationalistic Americans" your code talk for - your KKK hoodie is hanging in your closet? I can't keep up with you. What are you doing in the closet anyways?

I almost feel a bad joke coming on ... what do you call the White supremacist and the African American that post in the forums about Canada but don't have a clue about the country. I have yet to figure out the punch line but I'm waiting for the candid camera to pop out at me any time now. Good to see you have some common ground though.

Honestly, I dont think us Canadians don't have a problem with "Nationalistic Americans" aka Nazis posting in the forums if you can do so in a manner that isn't full of hate and racist rants. I think the real problem is a lot of us feel your freedom of speech does not outweigh our right not to have to tolerate your racist abuse.
 DVorste
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/27/2015 12:44:28 PM
You may chant your endless mantra of racism forever ; you have that right. I would really dislike to shout anyone down or censor them. That would be rude , boorish , the sign of a blo-bag. Those of us chosing to question authority ; those of us daring to love our Heritage and God also have a right to exist. Just a reminder before I use up my 2 post allotment.

Your NWO can certainly declare war on us. You have already. canada has denied freedoms ever since its inception ; canada can stifle folks like myself ; but we're not going away . Our seeds were planted thousands of years ago . A better joke might be what do you call a country that incarcerates people for asking a question about WW2?

Regarding your bottom post. This forum only allows me 2 posts . LOL.

DOCUMENTATION/ERNST ZUNDL. Check him out. So much for a Canadian free press. LOL

Native Americans refers to ALL people born in US. News 4 U!!!! That's me too. I just happen to be White. Do I count? LOL
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/27/2015 12:49:03 PM

Those of us chosing to question authority ; those of daring to love our Heritage and God also have a right to exist.

Colour me confused.
Isn't the original national heritage of the United States of America ... ummmmm NATIVE AMERICANS?
Aka: First Nation members?

That being said, I certainly didn't say your racist a$$ didn't have a right to exist, in fact I support multiculturalism.
Can the same be said for you Mr. Americano?

On that note, since you're spouting all your Nazi propaganda once again in the forums, perhaps you can back this statement up.

A better joke might be what do you call a country that incarcerates people for asking a question about WW2

Documentation please. It would be great if you could list non-nazi sources too. Facts over propaganda would be fantastico!!!
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2015 3:57:32 PM
@Chris_P_Bacon:

Frankly I don't think it is asking the OP very much to expect she educate herself a little bit before posing such a dumb question in the forums.

a) Unknowing != dumb
b) All questions can sound stupid to somebody who already knows the answer. But the only truly stupid question is the one that you never asked.
c) Did it ever occur to you that maybe - just MAYBE - the OP was TRYING to educate herself by asking in the forums? Isn't that how people learn - by asking questions?

I have no doubt that the OP is probably sitting there right now, reading your screeds, and thinking to herself "Hmm .. maybe Canadian politics aren't so different after all"
 deetristate
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/27/2015 4:49:27 PM
Thanks for another illustration HF..., I mean, Jo..., I mean Chris..I mean Ir...I mean.... salty dog.

Exactly, Gorsh. I admired and thought highly of Canadians before I started participating in this forum.
(yes, ALL Canadians are not ...)

Guess you can't make an inquiry.

Oh, well. How disappointing.
======================
A response to ad hominem cannot BE ad hominem.

Ad hominem is a response attacking the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself, when the attack on the person is completely irrelevant to the argument, i.e., the person is taking.an actual position on or making an argument concerning the subject at hand,

Anyway....

off for a first meet hot toddy.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/27/2015 4:51:28 PM
Pretty sure that would be an ad hominem attack. Just sayin'.
 saltydog02
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/27/2015 5:22:23 PM

I think this line was the kicker.

Canada wanted a change. We had the Conservatives lead by Harper for 9 years and he is a young man too at 56. The change had nothing to do with being "cool" and voting in the Liberals. I didn't vote Liberal, I wish I had, I was leaving the polling station and wanted to go back and change my vote.. My 85 year old father voted Liberal and he said it was "time for a new wind to blow some new ideas into the country". Nothing young and naive about my Dad's thinking, he is more open minded than the OP.

I'm sure the other individuals that the OP thinks are the same person will have their own opinion. If she can't figure out 4 people posting she sure as hell cant do a little Canadian history research either. I can hardly wait until she gets to vote for Trump...at least we do t have anyone like him.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is the reason Canda elected Trudeau Can Canada be more liberal?