Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is the reason Canda elected Trudeau Can Canada be more liberal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 51
What is the reason Canda elected Trudeau Can Canada be more liberal?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

I admired and thought highly of Canadians before I started participating in this forum.

Gosh, i hope I didn't ruin it for all Canadians. After all, I'm sure you wouldn't judgeand stereotype a whole culture just based on a select few or one, would you.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't think highly of you before I even started participating in the forums.

Once again, I don't know who you think I am but we have never interacted with each other before this thread.
Why don't you break it down for me.

Who is HF?
Who is Jo?
By Chris, are you referring to me as Chris P. Bacon or is some other Chris getting blamed for my actions?
I'm certainly not Salty dog but I am becoming a fan of his.
 427cammer
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What is the reason Canda elected Trudeau Can Canada be more liberal?
Posted: 10/27/2015 10:22:45 PM
deetristate:

Clinton is as responsible for Benghazi as Bush is for 9 11.

Not at all.

The terrorists are responsible.

I'm sorry I brought it up.

Looks like Canada had that young and naive, "wish I had been old enough to be a hippie" and "cool" vote happening there like it did in the USA.

I don't think you're assuming too much.... the Liberals (as well as the Democrats) have never made it a secret that they're targetting the youth vote.

All of those who were too young to have taken part in the civil rights movement can now jump on the gay marriage bandwagon and tell themselves that "it's every bit just as important... my gosh, we're basically the same as Martin Luther King".

^^^^.... well, not so much in Canada. Up here we're more worried about how to stamp out the use of "dirty oil",
and also the travesty that has befallen all those poor aboriginal women.... oh, also when's weed going to be legalised, man?

Halftime Dad:

The Conservatives did the right things in 2008 and 2009 - we didn't have the deregulated banking system that the Americans did, but we got the fallout from it more than most other countries because the US is our biggest trading partner.

What regulations does Canada have in place?.... what's to stop banks from making risky loans with no downpayments with extra-long amortisation periods?

It's true that the CHMC will no longer insure loans like this... but they did for a couple of years (up until 2008-2009?). Is it now illegal for banks to make foolish loans?

We DO have a housing bubble in Canada, and.... thanks to liberal policies, when the bubble bursts, our government won't have the option on whether or not to bail out our billion dollar banks, our government will be wholly responsible because the CHMC is a Crown owned corporation.... taxpayers will be left holding the bag.

So... in this area, yes, we are more liberal than the US.

Halftime:

That said, Harper was our Conservative Prime Minister, but he was way farther left than Obama. Candidate Obama in 2008 was way too far right to run for the safest seat in Alberta for the Conservative party. He opposed the Canadian healthcare system,

I've conceded the healthcare bit already.

opposed gay marriage,

By embracing minorities, is that how we show the world how "left" we are?

....if so, we've got a lot more work to do. The US elected a visible minority to be their leader seven years ago. Also, the Republicans, those "right-wing extremists" from down south are more likely than not to have a visible minority as their nominee in the next election (Carson or Rubio... probably not Jindal).

^^^^All of our parties have always had lily-white leaders... really, has anybody of colour ever even been in the running?

Also, it's quite likely the US could elect a woman next year to lead their country (go get 'em Fiorina)... something Canada has never done.

called for tax cuts in the midst of record deficits (in the US) - these are all positions which would have queered the Conservative brand if a single candidate had advocated them in Canada.

...but you also said this:

The policies of the Conservative government didn't bother me a lot. I disagreed with many of them, but none of us will ever see a government where we agree with everything they do - or at least I hope not. There's always going to be compromise and different values.

Yeah, cutting taxes while running deficits doesn't seem like a great idea. I have more concern with environmental issues than they did;

So which is it?

....and really, you're still not ready to concede which country has been more fiscally responsible?

^^^(I really should avoid making statements like this... when that housing bubble goes "pop" I'm gonna have to eat those words.)
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/27/2015 11:30:53 PM
Apparently someone forgot about:

Kim Campbell

Former Prime Minister of Canada

Avril Phædra Douglas "Kim" Campbell PC CC OBC QC is a Canadian politician, lawyer, university lecturer, diplomat, and writer. She served as the 19th Prime Minister of Canada, from June 25, 1993 to November 4, 1993.
 427cammer
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 1:04:08 AM
I remembered her.... she never won her election.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 3:53:06 AM
@427cammer:

What regulations does Canada have in place?.... what's to stop banks from making risky loans with no downpayments with extra-long amortisation periods?

Off the top of my head, there are the rules regarding how much capital must be held in reserve. If I recall correctly, Canadian banks are required to hold (I think) 25% as a cash reserve; in the US and European countries - which have, in the past, had similar regulations - reduced their requirements down to down to as low as 12-15%. (Again, I *think* - I used to know the exact numbers, but I've forgotten them, and I'm too lazy do do the research to find out). That's just one example. I'ts not too hard to imagine how much of a difference even that one rule could make to a bank's survivability. Harper, and Martin before him, resisted a LOT of pressure - both foreign and domestic - to follow the "leaders", and refused. They paid the price much more than we did. The effects on the Canadian economy had very little to do with our banks, and was almost entirely due to the effect of reduced exports due to the US economy going into the tank.

There are others, but I'm only familiar with the broad strokes - and rather than pull something out of my arse, I'd rather just not say anything. But that one example should be enough to illustrate the point.
 leanco
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 5:40:24 AM

Off the top of my head, there are the rules regarding how much capital must be held in reserve. If I recall correctly, Canadian banks are required to hold (I think) 25% as a cash reserve; in the US and European countries - which have, in the past, had similar regulations - reduced their requirements down to down to as low as 12-15%. (Again, I *think* - I used to know the exact numbers, but I've forgotten them, and I'm too lazy do do the research to find out).

Well it depends on who you ask, but it's definitely not as high as 25%, and it doesn't sound like it even has to be as liquid as cash...

From the banks' own website (which obviously will sing its own praises):
"There are several categories of rules related to capital under Basel III. Taken together, these rules require banks to hold enough capital to equal at least 10.5% of their total risk-weighted assets by 2019."

http://www.cba.ca/en/media-room/50-backgrounders-on-banking-issues/667-global-banking-regulations-and-banks-in-canada

In contrast, the US has a reserve requirement of up to 10%.

But there are those who would argue otherwise:
"In Canada, the reserve ratio was phased out in the Bank of Canada Act in 1992."

https://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/canadas-private-banks-have-no-reserve-requirements

As far as how risky the banks are, a more meaningful indicator is the "Capital Adequacy Ratio", but that's a whole other topic that's way beyond my pay scale. Google it if you like, or start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_adequacy_ratio
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/28/2015 7:32:37 AM

I remembered her.... she never won her election.

Clearly she did within her own party when a replacement was needed.
It's not like she just flew into town one day and say "oh hello, you can call me PM".
 Ouija2025
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/28/2015 8:33:50 AM
AS usual a day late but
Justin didn't win by a landslide. Given what people I spoke to said - they wanted Harper out.. if Mr Harper hadn't called the election then let the process run for so long he would still be in. The smear campaign backfired.
Justin grew up in politics, his Grandfather was well respected. Personally I think all politicians cut from the same cloth. The Libs will open the purse strings - big businesses rejoice
Speaking of old jokes, A Liberal is just a Conservative who hasn't been mugged
 saltydog02
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/28/2015 9:36:11 AM
Trudeau won by a landslide. The NDP in Alberta won by a landslide. In both of these elections the voters wanted a change and yes, they changed it, by a landslide. Not a few votes, not a couple of seats - a landslide.

And you might be right above ^^^, if Harper hadn't been campaigning with negative ads since January, if he had called an election and had the campaign run for 5 weeks instead of 2+ months, the niqab b.s. that took from what actually interested Canadians (economy and jobs), he may have won again. People got tired of the "but he has nice hair" bullshyt so they voted him out,by a landslide.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 10:53:56 AM
@leanco:

Well it depends on who you ask, but it's definitely not as high as 25%, and it doesn't sound like it even has to be as liquid as cash...

From the banks' own website (which obviously will sing its own praises):
"There are several categories of rules related to capital under Basel III. Taken together, these rules require banks to hold enough capital to equal at least 10.5% of their total risk-weighted assets by 2019."

http://www.cba.ca/en/media-room/50-backgrounders-on-banking-issues/667-global-banking-regulations-and-banks-in-canada

In contrast, the US has a reserve requirement of up to 10%.

But there are those who would argue otherwise:
"In Canada, the reserve ratio was phased out in the Bank of Canada Act in 1992."

https://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/canadas-private-banks-have-no-reserve-requirements

As far as how risky the banks are, a more meaningful indicator is the "Capital Adequacy Ratio", but that's a whole other topic that's way beyond my pay scale. Google it if you like, or start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_adequacy_ratio

This is why I should know better than to post after an all-nighter, and it's exactly why I didn't want to get into to much detail in the first place - I haven't looked at this in a very long time, and I'm rather well-known among my friends for having a crap memory. Apparently I still went too far. CASH reserve is obviously (even to me, now, after some sleep) all wrong - I suspect I meant IN reserve. Exactly what form that reserve would take would obviously be dependent on the actual regulations.

That being said, I'm pretty sure my basic point is still valid - I'm just sorry I screwed up the post so badly. Mea Culpa. Under the theory that when you find yourself in a hole, your best option is to stop digging - I think I'll STFU now :)
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/28/2015 1:40:24 PM
427:

So which is it?

....and really, you're still not ready to concede which country has been more fiscally responsible?

If you'd read what you quoted, I said advocating tax cuts in the midst of record deficits would have been electoral suicide. When the Harper Conservatives introduced tax cuts we had modest deficits. In fact, by saying calling for tax cuts while running massive deficits would have not played well here, I implicitly said that we're more fiscally responsible.

That would be a small c conservative value. As opposed to a right wing position as evidenced south of the border. The right there has moved way past conservative - it's just radical and extremist now. We are both a small c conservative and small l liberal country.

Anyway, Paul Callandra (Harper's former Parliamentary Secretary) was on Power and Politics yesterday. Now that he's lost his seat, he's actually allowed to speak his own mind. He said that in his riding, people were just sick of Harper. And after they brought in that Australian called the Master of the Dark Arts (I don't remember his name, but he's got an unforgettable nickname), that was when they started going at the Niqab and deportation of Canadians. Callandra said that just made things really confusing and un-Canadian to the people when he was door knocking.
 deetristate
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/28/2015 6:57:14 PM
**427**

I said:

"
Looks like Canada had that young and naive, "wish I had been old enough to be a hippie" and "cool" vote happening there like it did in the USA."

You said:

"I don't think you're assuming too much.... the Liberals (as well as the Democrats) have never made it a secret that they're targetting the youth vote.

All of those who were too young to have taken part in the civil rights movement can now jump on the gay marriage bandwagon and tell themselves that "it's every bit just as important... my gosh, we're basically the same as Martin Luther King".

^^^^.... well, not so much in Canada. Up here we're more worried about how to stamp out the use of "dirty oil",
and also the travesty that has befallen all those poor aboriginal women.... oh, also when's weed going to be legalized, man?" "

You are exactly right about the Martin Luther King thing. Don't DARE tell them anything different. ( See previous post by yours truly and responses. Ha!)

Not that much different here in the USA about the oil and weed. But they love to drag out "what the USA did to the Native Americans."

Thanks for the information. I like to get the perspective from a person who is living it.

When I lived across the seas, it was also best and more interesting to get information and experiences from the people rather than the warlord and Western infiltrated newspapers.

Salty (whoever)- Interesting note about your grandfather voting for a change.
 DVorste
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/28/2015 7:04:16 PM
Just a reminder , Dee. You , as well , are a "Native American". Myself included. Anyone born in the US can be referred to as such. Why do we let cultural marxists control the coversation?
 csillagjanos
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 8:48:08 PM
"""" (In the USA) Some anti-liberals actually think it means "supports eating children." """"

Here, in Canada, it just means "advocates eating kittens", and "supports and encourages the practice of gently and lovingly removing 8 weeks old or younger feti from wombs."

The hard-line, extreme-right-wing ultra-conservatives in Canada support public medicare, ban on gun ownership by private individuals, and better nutrition in correctional institutes. The far-right also had plans to keep on improving national security, spying on private citizens, and suffocating the free voices of broadcasting interesting news in the country.

The idealist Liberals support the legalization of Marijuana (apparently, Mr. Trudeau the elder had been a ganja head, that is, smoked it in his college years), support the opening of brothels, (Mrs. Trudeau the Elder had been a coed with a questionably checkered future after a divorce form Mr. Trudeau the elder), eradicating all attempts by the previous ruling conservatives to save money for the country, and hoping to re-establish the old heritage of Liberal political direction, called "entitlement", which normally results in half the House of Common's Liberal elected representatives being investigated by the police for criminal misconduct and criminally inappropriate appropriation of public funds. On the agenda is to spend more money by throwing it out the window, ignore the impending doom of raising the debt in the face of rising interest rates, and basically getting themselves getting thrown out of the political scene once again, after a good four-year run at partying till all hell breaks loose at the next election.
 427cammer
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2015 12:15:58 AM
notgorshkovagain:

That being said, I'm pretty sure my basic point is still valid - I'm just sorry I screwed up the post so badly.

I don't think so.

If Canadian banks have a 10.5% reserve while American laws reqire their banks hold 10%, I don't have a lot of confidence that extra half percent would be enough to protect us from a housing crisis similar to what happened to them.

...also, as I mentioned earlier, we DO have overinflated house prices up here... whatever "regulations" we had in place to protect ourselves against this didn't work.... only time will tell how bad things get for us when prices re-adjust.

Leanco, thanks for the information. I'm not good at research and usually I'm just posting stuff off the top of my head... so when I ask "What regulations does Canada have in place?", it's not a rhetorical question... if there's a decent answer out there I'd like to know.

HalftimeDad:

If you'd read what you quoted, I said advocating tax cuts in the midst of record deficits would have been electoral suicide. When the Harper Conservatives introduced tax cuts we had modest deficits. In fact, by saying calling for tax cuts while running massive deficits would have not played well here, I implicitly said that we're more fiscally responsible.

Okay, I thought I'd caught you in a contradiction... I was wrong. There are still several ways in which I disagree with your statement "(Obama) called for tax cuts in the midst of record deficits (in the US) - these are all positions which would have queered the Conservative brand if a single candidate had advocated them in Canada. "

First, Obama called for tax cuts for low income and middle class and to raise taxes for the wealthy... a leftist position. My guess is that tax cuts to the working class were the only thing he was able to get through congress.

Secondly, tax cuts (even while in record deficits) may, or may not be the fiscally responsible action to take depending on conditions. I think if the US were to cut their corporate taxes to be more competitive with the rest of the world it's very likely they could see a revenue increase.

Thirdly, it doesn't matter what would queer the Conservative brand.... it's whatever works. If raising taxes and increasing spending lead to fiscal responsibility in some instances... so be it. Whatever a government does to eliminate their deficits and reduce their debt should be considered as conservative tendancies.

In fact, by saying calling for tax cuts while running massive deficits would have not played well here, I implicitly said that we're more fiscally responsible.

That would be a small c conservative value. As opposed to a right wing position as evidenced south of the border. The right there has moved way past conservative - it's just radical and extremist now. We are both a small c conservative and small l liberal country.

Why does the US get to be the benchmark of what "right wing" means?... over in Europe a "right-winger" typically has a lot more socialist tendancies than most people have here in Canada.

What have the "right" in the US done that is so radical and extremist?... how does that move them "way past conservative"?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/30/2015 3:53:45 AM

I think if the US were to cut their corporate taxes to be more competitive with the rest of the world it's very likely they could see a revenue increase.

This sounds good. But, it lacks context. While, the US may have one of the highest statutory corporate rates in the industrialized world, US corporations enjoy an effective tax rate that is lower than OECD countries effective tax average 27.1% compared to 27.7%. And when one singles out large US corporations the average effective federal tax rate drops to 12.6%. (statistics from the Congressional Research Service and the Government Accountability Office)
 427cammer
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2015 5:43:10 PM
^^^^^My, what an uninteresting and insignificant contribution to this discussion.

....now, if you have anything that's on-topic and of value to add, or can give a decent answer to one of my questions (which for the most part are not rhetorical btw), and you can maintain civility... then we can just hit the reset button and you can try again. You may begin....

....otherwise you can go sit in the corner with the guy who wants to argue with me about whether or not Kim Campbell was elected as Prime Minister.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/30/2015 6:56:58 PM
Lowering the corporate tax rate in the US won't mean there are more head offices there.

Lion's Gate Films started out here in Vancouver. They moved to Toronto a few years later and had great success. TV shows and movies - even won Best Picture for Crash. They moved their corporate head office to the US despite the fact that the corporate tax rate was twice what they were paying in Canada. Because American corporations get way more out of the US government than they pay for. The entire State Department does virtually nothing else but look out for the interest of American corporations. Every trade agreement they negotiate; every dollar of foreign aid; every bit of American pressure applied or favour given is for American corporations. Foreign companies like Haliburton have to pay huge amounts of money to American politicians to get that protection. Hell, even the Koch brothers keep their head offices in the states - you just can't buy for any money what the US government gives to US corporations.
 daynadaze
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2015 7:36:22 PM
Oh yes of course, all of use who supported civil rights and gay rights are MLK wannabes. Well haven't we been told off. :P
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/30/2015 10:56:31 PM
Oh bite me doughboy.
Let's hear your theory on how you think she got into office. Did she rub a magic lamp Mr. Clean fail lookalike.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2015 12:03:54 AM
@427cammer:

otherwise you can go sit in the corner with the guy who wants to argue with me about whether or not Kim Campbell was elected as Prime Minister.

The Conservatives were the majority party in Parliament, and therefore formed the government. Brian Mulroney, who soon after became one of the most unpopular PMs in history, resigned and the PCs held a leadership convention to pick his replacement. Kim Campbell won the leadership of the Tory Party at a national convention. Because she was then the leader of the governing party, she became the Prime Minister.

Was she ever ELECTED to that position? No.
Did she win an election as leader? No.
So - was she elected as Prime Minister? No.

As a matter of fact, when she DID face the electorate as the leader of the PCs - her one actual CHANCE to be elected PM - she led them to a resounding defeat where they went from 156 seats down to TWO - which is one of the worst defeats ever for a governing party in the western world. She also personally lost her own seat.

To summarize - she was NOT elected Prime Minister, and in the most resounding way possible.
 427cammer
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2015 7:24:14 AM
Halftime:

Lion's Gate Films started out here in Vancouver.

I had no idea, I'm familiar with the bridge but I had never connected the dots.

They moved their corporate head office to the US despite the fact that the corporate tax rate was twice what they were paying in Canada. Because American corporations get way more out of the US government than they pay for.

It's also possible that moving to Hollywood made sense for a company that wanted to compete on the world stage.... I remember reading an article several years ago about how Robert Duvall was the leader among a group of actors who refused to work in Canada.... he felt it was more important to keep jobs in the US.

I think there's also the possiblty that there are corporations who do feel patriotism to their home country.... probably not enough to give up tens of billions in profits though. As well, some companies need to stay at home in order to hang on to their customers... if Harley Davidson were ever to leave the US it would be tantamount to corporate suicide.

I read an article from the CBC recently comparing oil royalty rates in Alberta to rates in Saskatchewan, North Dakota and Texas.... it explains some of the complexities a company must face when deciding where to locate. You can find it here:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/comparing-royalty-rates-in-alberta-saskatchewan-texas-and-north-dakota-1.3071622

The entire State Department does virtually nothing else but look out for the interest of American corporations. Every trade agreement they negotiate; every dollar of foreign aid; every bit of American pressure applied or favour given is for American corporations. Foreign companies like Haliburton have to pay huge amounts of money to American politicians to get that protection. Hell, even the Koch brothers keep their head offices in the states - you just can't buy for any money what the US government gives to US corporations.

^^^^....which, in it's own way, is a form of socialism; governments getting involved with business.

I think some people would look at this as an indicator that the US government is pro-corporation... for myself, I just see that they are aware of how important it is to keep those jobs at home.

Also, I've heard from people from both the US and Canada who gripe about how their country got screwed by the NAFTA agreement.... I've always heard that this was a sign of a fair deal?
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2015 10:51:13 AM
@user142536:

No Prime Minister is "elected Prime Minister", they are simply the leader of the party that wins the most seats in the election.

Yes, you are right. I know that, I understand that, and I'm pretty sure the other posters weighing in on this do too. It's not the point I was arguing, nor was it the point they were arguing.

Yes, Kim Campbell was leader when the Conservatives got trounced, but you really can't blame that defeat on her. The people of Canada were so disgusted with the Conservatives at that point that the election results would have been the same regardless of who the leader was.

Absolutely untrue. Saying things like "A campaign is no place to hold a policy discussion", and the attack ad making fun of Jean Cretien's palsy, sure as hell didn't help. Even at the beginning of the campaign, the Tories were at least expected to form a strong opposition. Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - foresaw the complete meltdown that actually happened.

Bottom line: support for the Tories declined steadily throughout the campaign. If you don't blame the party leader, who do you blame?
 leanco
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2015 10:53:18 AM

so when I ask "What regulations does Canada have in place?", it's not a rhetorical question... if there's a decent answer out there I'd like to know.

Your question can be answered indirectly by understanding what the people in charge did during the financial crisis of 2008/2009:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/the-2008-financial-crisis-through-the-eyes-of-some-major-players/article14322993/?page=all

What jumps out at me are these two quotes:

"The ability to get together at the most senior levels with staff also at the table, on short notice and face-to-face, was a real advantage that Canada had over other countries. Ottawa is a small town and this has benefits."

I think the fact that Canada has only five big banks is a big plus in this case. The US has hundreds of independently owned banks; and the EU is made up of a bunch of different states - some of which don't even like each other. For them, it's a lot harder to come to a consensus, never mind a quick action plan.

"Everybody wants to take credit for why Canada managed through – the government, the regulators, the central bank, the banks, bank management – and frankly everyone deserves some credit. And frankly Canadians and Canadian culture deserve a lot of credit as well, because I think that was part of the strength of the system. … But, in my judgment, the single most relevant and most important differentiator for Canada was the structure of our residential mortgage market."

Very well said indeed.
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/31/2015 12:58:39 PM

No Prime Minister is "elected Prime Minister", they are simply the leader of the party that wins the most seats in the election.

Yes, Kim Campbell was leader when the Conservatives got trounced, but you really can't blame that defeat on her. The people of Canada were so disgusted with the Conservatives at that point that the election results would have been the same regardless of who the leader was.

The point of all of this was the comment that the US is heading to a female head of government which would put them miles ahead of Canada, not so, Canada has already had a female head of government who was elected by her constituents, who had been elected by her party, the party who had been elected by the people of Canada to run our government.

Thank you. Finally someone that gets my point and isn't in denial or trying to twist the past to serve their own political agenda.

Yes, you are right. I know that, I understand that, and I'm pretty sure the other posters weighing in on this do too. It's not the point I was arguing, nor was it the point they were arguing.

Since I actually have the ownership of my OWN BRAIN and can tell you the point I was arguing, let me assure you that YESSSS that was the point I was trying to argue.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is the reason Canda elected Trudeau Can Canada be more liberal?