Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cant do this on POF....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 76
Cant do this on POF....Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
maleman999- Ok, I stand corrected, that was in another post that I saw once you pointed this out.
I'm not going to change my mind about things working out for him, though.
It's too important to me to keep a positive thread positive.
If I want to 'itch, there's always the rant thread. :)
 deetristate
Msg: 77
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/23/2015 8:55:03 PM
That;s great, OP!

I always tell my male friends to be more assertive, like "in the old days" whenyou would meet men just out and about.

Sure some women will peshaw but most would welcome a tke charge assertive kind of guy. The man that I was last'most interested in approached me at the laundry place when my dryer was broken. I hope two dates turn into three but we will see.

People used to go out with someone all the time without having 250 email exchanges and a police record and google search and things turned out fine 96% of the time. Why the disbelief?
 Seki1949
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/23/2015 9:22:57 PM
^^^^^^

To the Way Back Machine! I'm reminded of 'Dancing in the Streets':

Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy grab a girl
Everywhere around the world
There'll be dancin'
They're dancin' in the street
 sealady111
Msg: 79
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/23/2015 11:32:04 PM
I hug strangers.
I like hugs.
The world would be a better place if instead of violence everyone gave each other a hug.
 Meagan06825
Msg: 80
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 5:52:06 AM
I think this is a sweet and wonderful story. I wish Palladin all the best.

I think some of the less enthusiastic have not had as much success as they'd like.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 81
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 11:15:10 AM
Palladin where ARE you already! It is Saturday afternoon! I deliberately read this thread without jumping to the end because I did not want to ruin a good story....but waaaaaa, no ending yet!

Inquiring minds (and this nosy POF'er) want (nay, NEED) to know!
 Paladin2015
Msg: 82
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 1:39:03 PM
Sorry....just got back from taking her home ; )

I know there are some informational gaps here....

We've talked for hours and hours all week...yes even the stuff peeps told me never to talk about.....she brought it up cuz she wanted to know...we've had the sex talk...the ex talk and where does this go next talk...I've seen her ever day for an least an hour...and we finally got to go out last night...

She has been on a hard road and been walked on and lied to or abused by every man she's ever been with....she says I have blown her mind and shes never met enyone like me......(same here).....she cant believe I'm so honest about everything....she said this feels weird being treated nice and she has begged me to be patient while she learns to accept it for what it is ( just being nice ) and not having some kind of angle or trying to use her.........and I'm trying to help her big girl panties and ****y boots back on so she can clean the garbage out of her life.(her job not mine)......the change in her over this week was amazing....it's like watching a flower bloom....her self confidence is returning and the woman she has hidden away for so long out of self protection is returning....and she's awesome...

We are just taking this one day at a time.....but OMG what a day it was....I will just say we are VERY compatible....more than I even thought possible...we are offically an item....

Basically every piece of negative advice here has turned out to be 180 degrees off of what has happened....I have simply followed my instincts...and my instincts have been spot on....honesty....brutal honesty...she has seen all my warts and still likes me....likes me even more for being open and honest...she has never had that with a man...pity...she deserves it...

Yes we both have baggage...and it might be from K-mart...but at least it matches....

She is VERY impressed that I dont hate my ex even after what I have been through...and that my ex an I can still be friends...she said it speaks volumes about my charactor...

She has read my profile and this thread and laughed outloud while reading them....she thought my deleting was a very sweet gesture and I was going to say goodbye last night....but...um......well I completely forgot about it until I got home today...

*big cheasy enzite grin*

I'm gonna wait till she comes over later so she can see me delete....I really thought I would never feel like this again in my life....we just click....we dovetail with no effort......this is the third time in my entire life this has happend to me....the first time was a highschool sweetheart that lasted 2 1/2 years until she had to leave for collage and I left for california.....the second girl I married....and so who knows where this might go.....remember...ZERO expectations....

I dont care if this lasts a couple weeks...a couple months...a year...a decade...or until I'm in my grave....I'm simply going to enjoy and cherish every moment along the way.....something I havent done for a very long time....

Maybe if some of you could let your gaurd down for a second...life might just drop someone you are looking for on your doorstep like this when you least expect it....

And all because of a simple act of kindness with no expectations.
 mjinict
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 1:50:55 PM
Well, I've been engaged for almost a year after dating for 4 and I can say that although I'm happy (in a contented sort of way), I've not had the sort of connection you have found. Good luck and be careful!

Edit-Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I don't see how you could have zero expectations after flying so high lately.
 Brisco414
Msg: 84
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 1:54:22 PM
Wishing you a very happily every after! Good luck to both of you!
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 85
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 1:57:29 PM
Really the 'Enzite' grin???? Too funny!

Glad it is working out, and I don't think it is our guards are up but that it was time for YOUR number to come up in the Lottery of Love.

Congratulations without reservations! Wish you did not have to delete but that is just me being selfish. We'll be here if you ever need to come back.....
 sealady111
Msg: 86
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 2:24:17 PM
I wish you both all the best.

Lovely to read a happy story.

Hugs for everybody.
 Paladin2015
Msg: 87
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 2:24:54 PM

Well, I've been engaged for almost a year after dating for 4 and I can say that although I'm happy (in a contented sort of way), I've not had the sort of connection you have found. Good luck and be careful!

It's ok...you can still build that kind of connection with someone over time....

Edit-Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I don't see how you could have zero expectations after flying so high lately.

Well...I've learned a thing or two since the flaming hot smoking wreckage of a trainwreck that was the end of My 25 year marriage.....while my wife was driving the train like a maniac...I was in the caboose reading the news paper, I was unaware of dead mans curve approaching....

Unmet Expectations lead to disapointment...and disapointment leads to resentment....resentment leads to disseffection...disaffection leads to break up....

My ex's expectations werent met at some point...and that was the pea dropped on the mountain top that turned into a giant snowball that wiped out the village....I cetainly didnt send her giant snowball crashing into the village........but I did drop the pea....

There are many things that I know now that I simply didnt "get" before when I was married.....I wasnt exactly a model husband sometimes.......

I'm not just back to being the man I was when I was married...I'm a much better man now....
 mjinict
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 2:39:23 PM
That sounds promising...More people should examine their role in a divorce and recalculate for the future.
 Paladin2015
Msg: 89
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 2:47:40 PM
Let me put it this way MJ....

No expectations on my part means I'm going to just take things as they come like gifts and appretiate each moment for what it is.....not what it might be based on my expectations.....I've stopped trying to predict the future and live in the moment, for the moment....

She has changed plans too, or asked for a delay being being picked up and such...and she cant believe I havent gotten upset about it...

She meekly asked me to cut our night out short.....the band was too loud...the bar was too busy, and she couldnt really relax.....she was worried I would be upset if we didnt stay out and follow our plans... she was kinda shocked I didnt get pissed off....I just said "lets go babe"

Why would I be upset?...I'm just happy she even talks to me...and besides...my house was quiet, peaceful and an oasis of calm for her...that lead to one wild night....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've noticed she says "I'm sorry" alot....I said sorry for what?

She catches herself and says..."I guess I dont know....I was always afraid to piss off the men I was with....it always ended badly"

I told her...."I'm not those men...and we will work on this"
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 90
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 3:49:49 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dog!

(TMI, but thanks for answering the question.....)
 Paladin2015
Msg: 91
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 4:18:35 PM

You dog!

(TMI, but thanks for answering the question.....)

Whoops...being honest has it's limits....LOL

Hell... I was here and I still blushed.....

: D
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 92
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 5:14:53 PM
Um, why are YOU still here?

(See the other thread in this forum for what prompts this question....)
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 93
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:53:06 PM
May I suggest you leave out some current issues of bride magazines throughout your house.
After all I can not think of one other thing you could do to rush this any further.
As an outsider looking in it appears your "desire to be open" comes across as being desperate, needy and very presumptive about any future you may have with her. How do you know she just doesn't want to have a few casual dates, its like you've already registered your wedding at Target or something.

So my advice is maybe before thinking so far in the future about this potential relationship you should just try to enjoy each other.

If I had a chick do all that you've done here, I'd be worried she'd break into my house and boil my bunny.
I would run so damn fast I'd be just a blur.
Showing me her profile, telling me she's deleting it, etc... hell it is nearly as bad as arriving to our date in a wedding gown.

You seem to be jumping the gun here.
One date, a few calls and a fun time does not make a relationship.
It certainly doesn't make you a relationship pro. I wouldn't be writing a dating tips book yet if I were you.
In fact, your responses show if anything you lack dating experience.
Yes, you really can be too eager. Women in general don't dig that.
Your creep meter is really going up here. Believe it or not.

On top of that, sorry to say sir, but your posts in this thread stink of arrogance.

I suspect our poor little Eric has more class, style and play with the ladies in his pinkie finger than you do in your entire body.
Even if you took his comments correctly, your conduct was way over the top and inappropriate.
Utterly disgusted with your posts towards him. How long until you return to the forums eating crow cause you didn't run off an elope? At this rate I give you 30 days.

No need to be so condescending to everyone in this post that doesn't agree whole heatedly with your actions.
Yes, I won't candy coat it, I think you're coming across as insane and I wonder how long it will take for this woman to wish she had a restraining order against you.

On that note, I suggest you hold off on ordering your his and her monogram bath robes for a while yet.

Although I wish you best of luck in this POTENTIAL relationship, I think your conduct is more than enough to scare most women.
I bet you if you showed her this thread she'd run faster than Forrest Gump.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 94
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 8:10:21 PM
Does she know a lot more about you then your desire to be in a relationship after a 25 year marriage?

I applaud the optimism and enthusiasm you both are exhibiting and hope it all works out for the best :)

vvv
or a trip to the altar next week...
 Chromis1
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 8:16:30 PM

she said this feels weird being treated nice and she has begged me to be patient while she learns to accept it for what it is ( just being nice ) and not having some kind of angle or trying to use her..

This sounds like the red flag to me. Two trains barreling toward each other on the rebound track.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 96
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 9:26:26 PM
My gosh why are some of you so negative--because his way of doing things isn't your way doesn't mean it wont work for him...maybe he doesn't need every I dotted and T crossed on someone to recognize someone of value and is willing to take that chance...and here yall sit just ****ing and bellyaching about him being a train wreck...he found someone he really likes and wants to proceed forward AT HIS SPEED -not yours!
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 97
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/24/2015 10:00:56 PM
^^^
Puhleeze...

It takes 2.

Get over all the men just want sex thingy.

It goes both ways.

First date sex was odd to me, but it does happen.

Stop going to church so much.
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 12:48:10 AM
Paladin2015 - woohoo! Oh Yea. Uh-huh. Thas whatim talkin bout. Giddyup little doggies. I'm doing the chicken dance for you.

And this thing between op and eric...people should remember that this kind of communication is notorious for misinterpretation for lack of vocal tone and body/facial language. But also there are lots of subtle differences and nuances regionally and sub-culturally. Often this doesn't account for spats in here, but sometimes it does. This may have been one of those times. At this point, the recent jabber from Chris_P_Bacon is no longer necessary nor relevant...and is just a bunch of pot-stirring hooey.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:40:51 AM
You both sound needy..probably a perfect match.

She takes hugs from random strange men, you talk about deleting your profile before the date.

YOU are creepy..Appy Aloween

crookcatcher
Msg: 100
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:42:19 AM
Well obviously something's gone awry as the op is still here as of this post.

What happened to the deletion ceremony?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cant do this on POF....