Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cant do this on POF....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paladin2015
Msg: 126
Cant do this on POF....Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

I tell ya, if you put as much effort into this gal as you did that post, I'm sure wedding bells will be ringing soon enough :)

Nah I'm just very "wordy" and I type fast...LOL

And the thing about being around Ann is.....it takes no effort at all....whether we ever get that far remains to be seen....it would be nice but I have no expectations....I'm just enjoying the time I get to spend with her....for how ever long it may last.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 127
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:23:29 PM
paladin2015- PLEASE stop trying to explain yourself here.
I KNOW it's frustrating, being discouraged.
Don't let it get to you.
What you said about not introducing your daughter to her right way- SMART move AND that you are wise enough to think about what you do around your daughter..........Yes, she notices. That is GOING to get my respect and you have it.
None of us own crystal balls, life would be SO much easier if we did.
You are happy right now and I hope it stays that way. :)
 Paladin2015
Msg: 128
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:28:16 PM

paladin2015- PLEASE stop trying to explain yourself here.
I KNOW it's frustrating, being discouraged.
Don't let it get to you.
What you said about not introducing your daughter to her right way- SMART move AND that you are wise enough to think about what you do around your daughter..........Yes, she notices. That is GOING to get my respect and you have it.
None of us own crystal balls, life would be SO much easier if we did.
You are happy right now and I hope it stays that way. :)

You are quite right of corse and thank you Bama!

Sometimes if you stop worrying about the destination...you might enjoy the ride better....

; )
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 129
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:48:18 PM
Watch out for the wine, it makes you say sappy things you'll be reminded of in the am.

Get ready to have your kitchen re-organized too.
 Paladin2015
Msg: 130
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:54:05 PM

Watch out for the wine, it makes you say sappy things you'll be reminded of in the am.

Hell I was just shocked not to see a chewed off arm laying on my bed the next morning.....

(Coyote sex...you would rather chew your arm off than wake her/him up before you sneak out in the morning.)

Get ready to have your kitchen re-organized too.

LOL!!!!...trust me...that would be a good thing....
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 131
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:09:17 PM

Uhm...wow....for those of you happy for me....thank you and I wish you all the the luck in the future as well...
ur wc

Dont you want to be with someone who loves you?

H E L L yes & treats me kindly.
 Paladin2015
Msg: 132
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:28:46 PM

forums only I had my last 1st date & moved 965 miles afterwards! A Yankee in Nashville!

LOL...and peeps were saying I was jumping the gun!!!!

Just kidding......thanks.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 133
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:36:34 PM
^^We knew each other for a long time & did date & he did court me b4 I moved---but it was fast once we started dating...

When the right person comes along & we r ready, we know right away.

Others may not see this as they r not ready or did not meet the right one...
 Walts
Msg: 134
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:43:28 PM

I am confused Walts.....but this seems like a good thing to me. It would imply less negative people to me but.....

I don't know about the people but, the thought process of the people seem to definitely be a little negative. Why are we not asking "what could go right?" ?????? Why is it the list of negatives, and/or, "red flags" be at the forefront. You know, the "possibilities", instead of the potential, possibly invisible, imaginary, walls that could be in front of us?

I drove up into the interior yesterday, to fish " The River of Giants, the Thompson. A river that has canyon walls that seem to reach the clouds at times. Vertical it seems, to everyone but, the local bighorn sheep. I had pulled over at a beautiful spot overlooking the river, and when I looked down at, what I thought, a sweet run. A run, that looked to me, at the time, that had potential to give me a fish, if I decided to give it a try. One "problem", the walk/hike down, and then, getting back up?
I heard about this spot before, and not many positive experiences from those tale tellers. But, instead of "knowing better" and listening to those others, I decided to lay those thoughts aside and away I went. Well, after three hours or so of fishing in solitude in one of the most beautiful spots I ever been, with nary a fish, I looked above as I wound my line back onto my reel,,,,,, and cursed.
I got back up to the top, huffing and puffing, like any smoker should, and with the legs still burning, looked back down at the "spot". Despite the odd negative, my only thought in my head was " Well, I wouldn't have done that, laying on the couch thinking......."
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 3:50:05 PM
Loved reading that adventure Walt... now you have another anecdote up your buckled white jacket sleeve...

One of the things I've come across is people 'hoping' things work in a situation - instead of optimistically approaching with an "I'll do what ever it takes to make it work" attitude...
as for my contribution to this thread and whether it's reckless or not, I can only say what I've discovered about L words...

there are many stages:

Lust
Limerence
then
Learn About
and one or both parties either
Linger & Love
or
Leave
(so it's just wondering how much Paladin and his lady friend are willing to learn about each other)

one of my favorite quotes by Beau Taplin:
"Often, when we have a crush, when we have lust for a person, we see only a small percentage of who they really are. The rest we make up for ourselves. Rather than listen, or learn, we smother them in who we imagine them to be, what we desire for ourselves, we create little fantasies of people and let them grow in our hearts. And this is where the relationship fails."
 Paladin2015
Msg: 136
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 4:12:31 PM

Check

Lust

Double checked

Limerence

Ok...I admit I had to look that one up....I would say check

Now in my own life experiences....until these three boxes where checked off.....the following never happened...you would be around long enough to learn about someone....but I digress

then
Learn About

This is the current stage....and How knows who long this stage will last....and surely....this is a critical stage...quite possibly the more we learn about each other...the greater the odds one of us might find a deal breaker....

But even if that happens...as a consenting adult....I would be thankful for the time together...

and one or both parties either
Linger & Love

That would be nice....but again...un met expectations....lead to disapointments...which lead to resentments...that lead to disaffection...which leads to break up....

or
Leave

Still quite possible....it's only been a week for crips sakes....LOL

(so it's just wondering how much Paladin and his lady friend are willing to learn about each other)

I'm quite willing....she seems willing.....so that's where we are...

But again I'm not a mind reader....so it's quite possible she might changer her mind at some point.

one of my favorite quotes by Beau Taplin:
"Often, when we have a crush, when we have lust for a person, we see only a small percentage of who they really are. The rest we make up for ourselves. Rather than listen, or learn, we smother them in who we imagine them to be, what we desire for ourselves, we create little fantasies of people and let them grow in our hearts. And this is where the relationship fails."

Profound words.
 Paladin2015
Msg: 137
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 4:14:39 PM
My god that was a typo fest.....and I missed a quote tag....*facepalm*
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 5:46:42 PM
What happened to,the Blonde Angel???
 Paladin2015
Msg: 139
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:10:26 PM

What happened to,the Blonde Angel???

Self delete?

She was with someone after all....

I already participate in other online discussions forums.....I might miss some of you...but not POF...

I didnt even know there was a POF until a couple weeks ago....

The funny part about the dating sites I've been on is that the best part is the forums!...the worst part is that all the great people you would want to meet live hundreds or thousands of miles away...
 Seki1949
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 9:58:54 PM
From a previous post, it sounded like you have been separated for 5 years. What it the timeline for the divorce to be final?
 Paladin2015
Msg: 141
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 10:44:04 PM

From a previous post, it sounded like you have been separated for 5 years. What it the timeline for the divorce to be final?

We have taken turns dragging feet along the way.....I tried to save it....she wouldnt have it....so here we are...

And after all is said and done...she just wants out...she has a new man..... so far it looks like a dissolutionment will work.....she is willing to quit claim the deed to me and leave me the house...I'm gonna let her keep my car...(birthday present)...I'm sure I'm looking at child support which is fine.....and she and her new man already have wedding plans...so she is gonna give up spousal support....and she is making plans to empty my house of her stuff and her moms stuff I have stored.....which is quite cool with me as I'm tired of looking at it....I'm ready for a nw life and making new memories with someone else...

Right now this is looking like a win/win to me....
 sealady111
Msg: 142
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/25/2015 11:32:15 PM
^^^ Maybe that is where I am going wrong.

Paladin, while I wish you all the best with your new love, I generally refuse to meet men in your circumstance.
Still legally married, still have your wife's possessions in your house.
Children with child support and access to be sorted.
Financial split still needs to be sorted.

So to me a man in your situation is not yet single.
Am I missing out on the bliss you are currently experiencing with your new lady friend.
Maybe women like me are waiting too long and women like your lady (Anne) are jumping in ahead of us.
 eternityforeternity
Msg: 143
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 3:31:39 AM
^^

If you're looking to remarry, it could pose as a problem. Personally, I think dating a separated person is a bad idea -- in general -- as I think people should have their problems sorted out before inviting another into their lives.

However, it's their lives and business; and there are circumstances that may not be conducive for such an arrangement; and if it's just companionship you seek, there are things in which compromise can be made and it won't be such a bad idea, even if finances are an issue in a pending divorce. (You don't have to financially help any companion.)
 Paladin2015
Msg: 144
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:14:18 AM
I can see your point if there was any chance of reconciliation.... but other wise you might be passing up a good man....it would also matter why they are separated
 Paladin2015
Msg: 145
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:19:56 AM
I would add....the length of separation matters too...and I think there is a big difference in the sexes....my ex sure didn't have any problem finding willing partners..... lol
 Paladin2015
Msg: 146
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:25:56 AM
Btw...I'm at work literally getting paid to watch paint dry....lol
 Ouija2025
Msg: 147
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:49:39 AM
I thought you were deleting?
speaking of what we cannot do on POF
Christmas decorating - could we get over Halloween first? Some neighbours have their lights up!
 Paladin2015
Msg: 148
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:09:18 AM
She hasn't been back over yet.... I want her to see me do it...not just take my word for it...
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 149
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:24:19 AM
Nothing more intimate then a mutual profile deletion by the fireplace, followed by a slashing of the palms and a bloody handshake to forge a spirit bond.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 150
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:24:36 AM

She hasn't been back over yet.... I want her to see me do it...not just take my word for it...

I find this odd. Why does she need to see you delete a profile she initially never knew you had? What is the significance when you can make another 5 minutes after she leaves? I'm thinking this really has nothing to do with her, but rather you. :/ ymmv
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cant do this on POF....