Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cant do this on POF....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 151
Cant do this on POF....Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^^^
what he said.

But people are people, after all.
 Chromis1
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:48:44 AM

^^^
what he said.

But people are people, after all.

Yeah, making it ceremonial and all -- geez. But the forums are like heroin.

Cold turkey, dude. Now or never. I promise the withdrawal won't be that bad.
 Paladin2015
Msg: 153
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:56:11 AM
Oh geez....quit over thinking it...
 Maleman999
Msg: 154
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:56:22 AM
You need to have a priest come over and do an exorcism of your computer afterwards as well, to make sure all evil spirits are gone from it.
 Paladin2015
Msg: 155
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:57:44 AM
Lmao chromis.....just one more post...
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 156
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:27:05 AM
OK, I may be going out on a limb here, but seriously, what is the big fricken deal?
To delete one's profile or not to delete? With a partner or not?

I addressed this subject at length in another thread.
To defend the right, of one of our happily married Forumite's, to be here and contribute here.

There are POF members/Forum posters/contributors, who are married, some happily, some not. Some are looking for something on the side and some are not looking at all.
There are very single people here in the Forums and those who have found their match. Some found their match/love interest/ sexual partner/SO, last week, last month, last year, yearssss ago.
There are those who choose to not look for their forever after and choose to live life as full as they can, one day at a time.

Whoooooo cares? There are no rules here regarding "marital status". "partner status".

The bottom line is: Myself and others choose to be here. For some unholy reason, I most often like it here. LOL

My Profile is hidden to open searches, it clearly indicates I am WITH a partner, it clearly indicates I am on POF for the Forums.

AND last but not least, my BF has noooo problem with me being here. He TRUSTS ME!!!!!!!!

IMO, If anyone feels it is necessary to delete from POf, due to "dating", then take that allll the way. Delete from every social medium, such as Facebook, etc.etc.

IF one chooses to cheat on their partner, they will do so, regardless of where or how.

LOL There it is, my OPINION. Welcome to stay or go.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 157
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:39:15 AM

There are very single people here in the Forums and those who have found their match. Some found their match/love interest/ sexual partner/SO, last week, last month, last year, yearssss ago.
There are those who choose to not look for their forever after and choose to live life as full as they can, one day at a time.

A round of applause for this statement. LadyinRed said it really good.

Many forumnites are here because this is our bar. Hehehe. Not the place to pick up people but to share the craziest of talk.

So OP, what you may want to do is what we do. We plaster over our profile that we are in a relationship and are only here for the forums.

I am in an awesome relationship myself, soon to marry that awesome person.
 Paladin2015
Msg: 158
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:06:11 AM
To each their own....no one here I care enough about to stay

The net has thousands of discussion forums anyway
 Paladin2015
Msg: 159
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:09:32 AM
Gongrats IG!.....glad to hear it.....did you meet here?
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 160
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:12:31 AM
You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave
 Maleman999
Msg: 161
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 10:09:48 AM
Paladin: There's always the outside chance this deleting profile ceremony in her presence could backfire. You mentioned she has personal issues that you are volunteering to help her get through. When it comes to issues with relationships, that usually means trust issues. That's a biggie to overcome.

If you start talking about being on a dating site and wanting to delete your profile, she might think you had so much success on it, that you are deleting it to keep away the hundreds of women you met here who are after you. After all, in theory, the purpose of a dating site is to get dates. She might start quizzing you about who and how many have you met and dated from here and still in contact with. If you say none, she might or might not believe you. She might want to check your phone to check for female contact numbers. She might even set up a fake profile to see if you actually deleted it, or check to see if you put up a new profile after deleting the original.

If you two met by chance in the real world, I don't know why you would mention about being on a dating site. You could've deleted or hid your profile right after meeting her without mentioning it and having to conduct an official Delete Profile ceremony. It might even cause more suspicion if you make a big deal out of it. Making a big deal out of it could give the impression that the site meant something important to you, which could lead to the wrong impression of your success here.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 162
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 10:49:14 AM
My participation in POF Forums remains similar whether dating or not. I shall go on to the end. I shall participate whether I am in the U.S.A., Canada, England, Germany, Ireland, or in France. I shall write while sailing on the seas and oceans, I shall write with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, I shall post even while visiting an island, whatever the cost may be. I will share opinions from the beaches, I will post from the landing grounds, I vow to enthusiastically post in the fields and in the streets, I will communicate in the hills; I shall never surrender POF Forums.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 163
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 10:55:40 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Here here, Sir eric, Saaaluuuute! Raise your flag proudly!
 call_me_tater
Msg: 164
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 10:56:33 AM

If you two met by chance in the real world, I don't know why you would mention about being on a dating site. You could've deleted or hid your profile right after meeting her without mentioning it and having to conduct an official Delete Profile ceremony. It might even cause more suspicion if you make a big deal out of it. Making a big deal out of it could give the impression that the site meant something important to you, which could lead to the wrong impression of your success here.
I was thinking exactly this.
A ceremony is held for an event of importance.
If this site/dating profile is meaningless, the why make deletion a big event?

This is more for you than it is for her.

Since she already knows you're here, why not just leave this place and not make a huge deal about it?
Anyone can delete a profile and make a new one 5 minutes later, so the significance only has meaning for you.
If you need a ceremony, it does have a lot of meaning...

Remember you're dealing with a broken women who is most likely programmed to have particular responses to things for approval while hiding her true feelings. People who come from abuse or mistreatment often show a very different outside persona than what is really going on inside. I know this from personal experience.
A "too good to be true" situation is very disconcerting.
 CallaLily004
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:02:38 AM
My thoughts/opinion regarding his “non-action” thus far about deleting his account… and no, I don’t sugar coat things just to appease (you are forewarned) ….

....she thought my deleting was a very sweet gesture and I was going to say goodbye last night....but...um......well I completely forgot about it until I got home today...

But um what???? After ranting on and on about this subject prior to your meet and how this gesture would show her how “Honest” you are… THIS was your opportunity to shine in the light (so to speak) … believe your word and would have only taken a few minutes to do. Remember…. WE did not tell you to do this, this is what YOU chose to do because YOU thought it was very IMPORTANT!!!

Now you come back on here and tell people sheeeesh, cool your jets, I will get to it the next time she is here (I guess it wasn’t all THAT important after all.) Perhaps next time don’t make such a big [u]GRANDSTAND[/u] about something that YOU need to DO/PROVE… then don’t follow through on (especially now that you have planted the seed in her head that you ARE on a dating site, which I feel there was no need to do)… and then you won’t get the [u]negative[/u] feedback.

With all due respect sir, what you have displayed here is a form of abuse for THIS woman, as this woman is so fragile with all the lies she has heard before from other men. Yes, to you, a few days don’t matter, but to her (and the world she has lived in with NO TRUST/Low self esteem)… I can only imagine what she has been thinking these past few days knowing that your account is still open. Is he talking with other women on this dating site? What if he finds someone more appealing than me?, etc., etc. Will she express these feelings to you? No!!! and the reason being is “Fear” (natural occurrence of abused women.) That night while the two of you were logged onto POF and reading the forum posts, [u]WAS[/u] the time it should have been done. But no, all you were thinking about at that moment was yourself and enjoying the “attention” that you have been receiving since you posted your thread.

I agree with CrookCatcher, it all has to do with YOU!!! Yes, your attitude about how wonderful YOU think you are and trying to prove it here, as shown in all your postings (not only on this thread, but in other threads as well.) YOU sir need to CHILL and learn to accept criticism (when it applies) along with other people’s opinions and not ATTACK when someone doesn’t praise or coddle you. Look at how you glow when this woman praises you and compliments you left and right… I can only imagine when the time comes and she is confident enough to speak and says just one “negative” thing about you, what YOUR reaction will be towards her then.

My apologies for coming across so boldly, as it was not an intended attack towards you, but merely to point out the “obvious” from my view and I’m sure a few others here… take it as you will.

Good Luck to you and your new lady!!
 CallaLily004
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:34:08 AM
... and sorry about the CAPS used, I was not shouting at you, just wanted to point out the "key" words that I thought was important. I'm also gathering that the "underline" feature in brackets does not work here... what a messy post. ;) hehehe.
 Chromis1
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:53:29 AM

My participation in POF Forums remains similar whether dating or not. I shall go on to the end. I shall participate whether I am in the U.S.A., Canada, England, Germany, Ireland, or in France. I shall write while sailing on the seas and oceans, I shall write with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, I shall post even while visiting an island, whatever the cost may be. I will share opinions from the beaches, I will post from the landing grounds, I vow to enthusiastically post in the fields and in the streets, I will communicate in the hills; I shall never surrender POF Forums.

If I was on death row, I'd probably set it aside for a while.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 168
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:57:36 AM

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave

"We are all just prisoners here........of our own device........."
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 169
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 12:49:29 PM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Here here, Sir eric, Saaaluuuute! Raise your flag proudly!

rats, beat me to it (I was on a lunch date with a man I met here so good excuse)

Think Match will give us +1 buttons if we ask nicely?

Paladin, you were the one that said you'd delete yet you continue to post. You're wrong, there may be 'thousands' of other internet forums but none like this. So go away if you must but I predict you'll be back. (Anyone want to bet or is betting not allowed here? Yeah, I thought not....)
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 170
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 1:08:42 PM

To each their own....no one here I care enough about to stay

Missed the point of why most people post in the forums....for me, it's not to be liked or looking for buddies...just saying.
Maleman

f you two met by chance in the real world, I don't know why you would mention about being on a dating site. You could've deleted or hid your profile right after meeting her without mentioning it and having to conduct an official Delete Profile ceremony.

I see your point, when I was in that position and met someone irl...I told him and showed him my profile. On the premise of "I had nothing to hide". I hid my profile and pics and kept it...seldom came on in that year to read the forums. He even read over my shoulder.
PLUS....It's a good thing to be honest. Although, he wasn't on any dating site.....in meeting a couple of his single friends...they were and we recognized each other.
So, honesty is best.

It never was an issue while we were together but as soon as I left....it was because of the dating site...go figure!
 Paladin2015
Msg: 171
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:02:19 PM
LOL...ok sheesh I'm going already.....not gonna wait for her...I can show it's gone later if she wants to see.......I wish you all the best of luck and happiness....be well....

"So long...thanks for all the fish....."

*poof*
 crookcatcher
Msg: 172
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:09:37 PM
Lol. Anybody want to bet he's back before Thanksgiving? ;)
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 173
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:12:58 PM
^^^^

can't quite figure out if that is a sucker bet. Thanksgiving? Maybe not but I'd put money on it he'll be back. No place like this place.....
 crookcatcher
Msg: 174
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:22:05 PM

No place like this place.....

You've got that right....quite the menagerie of personalities and perspectives. Like the prize in a cracker jack box...you just never know. :)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 175
Cant do this on POF....
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:25:17 PM

Lol. Anybody want to bet he's back before Thanksgiving? ;)

You know what. I don't think I can bet against it since I think it will be Thanksgiving. Hehehe.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cant do this on POF....