Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Who gave the right to the boss of POF to decide this      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gcdeb
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Who gave the right to the boss of POF to decide thisPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

on Meet me I get a large majority of people who are more than 14 years younger show up
Pretty sure this will be because you have your age settings set as 18 to 99.
 eternityforeternity
Msg: 27
Who gave the right to the boss of POF to decide this
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:37:09 AM
How are they able to communicate with you, in the first place? The block is also in place for them, as well.

What human rights violations are being broken because you can't communicate with a woman +14 years your junior on a private dating site? Bizarre.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:42:06 AM
I don't think it matters for the sake of discussion but he is seeking communication from the same sex.

So now he has decided to go rogue and has his email address as his headline, completely against the rules.

Must really be desperate. The five year POF itch?

I ought to report HIM as a 'human rights violation', hmmm? He'll not have to worry about how he thinks this site is treating him after he gets his profile nuked.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2015 4:50:54 AM
Great! Another constitutional law scholar!

Ummm, the owner of POF IS the boss of POF.

He created it. That's what made him the boss.

I'm not even going to start trying to explain the different between public and private entities.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/27/2015 7:47:36 AM

I say this is not a redundant issue and would like it to stay please, at least until I get some answers as I am sure the law is being broken on this subject:modhammer: ?

I don't care who you are.
This right here is funny stuff.
ahahahahahaha!
 DVorste
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/27/2015 7:50:19 AM
I agree with the majority on this. Say nice things about POF , comrades. You won't have to resubmit profiles. This can be time consuming. Just be a good fish and walk lockstep ; who knows? You might meet someone approved for you by management.
 Seki1949
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2015 7:52:23 AM

but in the case of the OP the interest by the hot chicks so junior may be genuine.

A literal reading of his profile suggests a greater interest in roosters rather than chickens.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:03:59 AM

Seki1949 :
A literal reading of his profile suggests a greater interest in roosters rather than chickens.

That's very true.
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:04:29 AM
For those who complain and were 'creeped out' that that much younger were contacting them for sex there 'is' an age setting that could have been changed within one second---to stop it. If a person really didn't want cubs contacting them the age setting would have been used. Hmm.....

I find it interesting when people prefer to date younger and don't give folks older than themselves the same courtesy. Again, hmm....

It would be an interesting world and with a huge population drop if every single human being sought after younger partners. The 50 year old chasing the 25 five year old would loose because the 25 year old would want an 18 year old. The 70 year old chasing the 50 year old would loose because the 50 year old wants 25 year olds, etc, etc.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:05:56 AM
Seki1949 :

Clock a doodle do!

(I noted that when I re-read hid profile this morn....)

vvvvvvv
Nope!

But his email addy in his header is a no no
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:07:15 AM

Seki1949:

That’s very true. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
 StarClassic
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:52:26 AM
So the baby sh!t rainbow ain't shining down as you like?
Tough bananas!

btw, earwigs: Lovin' that third pic. It's precious.

Yes! I used presious. No! I'm not surrendering my man card.
 Maleman999
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:58:48 AM

Pretty sure this will be because you have your age settings set as 18 to 99.

Some of those 99 year olds are real hotties. They have about eight decades of experience, knowing how to please a partner.
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/27/2015 11:38:48 AM
Oh lookie, lookie, he's "discrete" too, at least according to his profile, ummmm....

Just my 2 cents (or pence since he is in the UK) but the owner/big cheese/the boss has been putting up as many roadblocks as possible to stop users such as the OP. I thought the big cheese removed discrete encounters cause he didn't want to be promoting that and then since since some folks couldn't get it through their thick heads, the owner also added roadblocks such as age restrictions to try to further impede these perverts.

No big surprise that he is looking for discrete encounters with the youngins.....

Why is it that "discrete" people tend to only want to find people significantly younger than themselves to be "discrete" with.

Food for the brain for sure!
 call_me_tater
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/27/2015 12:29:27 PM
According to his profile:
I hate rudeness and ignorance.

From his initial post:
Now am I simply losing the plot here, but who the hell gave this man the right to decide what age difference there should be in order to be in contact with someone.
Bahahaha!
No ignorance there...

Come back and explain your thinking, astralman1.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/27/2015 12:38:20 PM
Ms Earwig - seems to me that while that function did exist it didn't work with phone apps.. hence the age limit was placed.
I get lots of cubs, they just do a fake age profile. Whenever they tell me they like older women I have to laugh.
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/27/2015 1:48:26 PM

I agree with the majority on this. Say nice things about POF , comrades. You won't have to resubmit profiles. This can be time consuming. Just be a good fish and walk lockstep ; who knows? You might meet someone approved for you by management.

Anyone else see the humour in the Nazi complaining about goose stepping?
 StumbledN
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/29/2015 2:44:19 AM

while that function did exist it didn't work with phone apps.. hence the age limit was placed.

Sooooo why not just fix the app so each of us can continue to make our own choices? Maybe I don't understand the problem because I've never tried using email restrictions. But, besides age, haven't we also always had the option to simply block whomever we want? I know, I know, Marcus can do whatever he wants and we have the choice to stay or leave. And, so far, it doesn't affect me much except for cutting off communication with one friend older than me. But just seems to me this restriction is a half baked solution to a problem that already had better solutions.

One more question. Does this restriction also apply to paying members? Or could this be just another way of moving members into upgrade status? That would be the only reason for it that makes sense to me.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/29/2015 4:14:18 AM
I think 4 daughters here have voted and not one of them believe that women in their 20's are contacting you. Oh I DO. I completely do. I can only imagine you being barraged by thousands of young things...but my daughters don't believe a syllable of it.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/29/2015 4:36:51 AM
Penny, you may want to read some of the previous replies...

He is a male looking for another male.
 JujuO12
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/15/2015 7:28:45 AM
There are other free dating sites. The rule was developed because older men insisted on contacted younger women and they complained enough for the rule to come up. Also a lot of younger men contacting older women for the same reason and women complaining to the point the rule seem necessary.
 sassypinupgirl
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/18/2015 2:06:11 PM
The very reason you're complaining is the reason I like this site. I'm not bothered by boys or old men.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2015 2:56:14 PM

The very reason you're complaining is the reason I like this site. I'm not bothered by boys or old men.

If only before the rule change there was a way for You to set a Upper & Lower Age Limit on Who could contact You....
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/18/2015 3:08:34 PM

Posted by SassyPinupGirl:

Read the profile of the OP. You can be absolutely ASSURED he will not be seeking to make contact with you.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/18/2015 3:27:21 PM
Is a free site and Yes the onwer of this site has the right to set the age rules. Anyone that does not like it they can try other sites. Just be thankfull this site is free.
A horse gift in the mouth.

By the way I'm 53. you think I want some 70 year old women contacting me. NO WAY!!! I Dont want even a 25 year old contacting me.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Who gave the right to the boss of POF to decide this