Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > On older ladies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 51
On older ladies Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Oh Clooney.....there are no words.

The chance to say goodbye is a beautiful gift you have been afforded. I, myself, have been the blessed recipient of such a gift a few times in my life. Those moments and memories will reside in your heart as a living testament of love's purity. This I promise.

And for goodness sakes! Don't thank me! Are you going to make me sing this early in the morning?

Fine! Don't blame me if it is off-key!

*******Winter....Spring......Summer......or Fall.....all you have to do is call
And I'll be there...... (oops! Didn't quite hit that note)
Yeah.....yeah.....you've got a friend!

Ain't it good to know......Ain't it good to knoooow? (Yikes! Now I am just getting carried away!)

You get the point. ;)
 south_city
Msg: 52
On older ladies
Posted: 11/6/2015 6:29:10 AM

Looking back on the first few months after my husband passed....the thought of dating or being with someone other than my husband made me violently ill. People who move on so quickly have always been an enigma to me.

I tend not to judge people in these situations. Not everybody grieves the same way. I knew a woman that started another man about 6 months after her husband passed away. She is now married to this man.
 StarClassic
Msg: 53
On older ladies
Posted: 11/6/2015 7:00:53 AM
(quote)The chance to say goodbye is a beautiful gift you have been afforded.
This I promise. (/quote)

So true KJ.

A number of years a go a good friend in NH. had commented they were going to see her mother for her birthday and that they feared it might be the last one they shared with her. A week long trip and big party had been planned with the entire family in attendance. Sadly, G's mother passed three days after the party with most of her family present.
Several weeks after I received a three page Thank You note and a copy of the video taken at the party. Big smiles all around and the joy on the birthday girl's (mother's) face was priceless.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 54
view profile
History
On older ladies
Posted: 11/6/2015 8:01:00 PM
the woman should have taken more care of the financial situation or been more involved with it. Being ignorant or leaving it all up her husband to deal with is her fault. But then I come from a long line of savvy women who took care of business and the purse strings and knew what was what.

She may have been looking for the main chance again and within two months after the husband's death seems a little cool and calculated to me. She may have been spinning you a line or taking advantage of you with your grief and pain right now, and your naturally sympathetic nature. She is gone. So onward and upward.
 trinity818
Msg: 55
view profile
History
On older ladies
Posted: 11/7/2015 12:50:51 PM

have my own grief today and will be saying farewell to my mother in hospice.

I always knew a funeral trip would happen but not a goodbye trip.

If saying goodbye is important to you, I hope you make in time. I lost my Dad a few weeks ago while I was in flight to Indiana to say goodbye to him. He was unconscious, so he would not have known I was there...but while I was expecting a goodbye trip, it ended up being a funeral trip.

My thoughts are with you.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 56
On older ladies
Posted: 11/7/2015 12:58:48 PM
Thank you for your kind words.

I have never felt so mortal in my entire life.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 57
view profile
History
On older ladies
Posted: 11/7/2015 3:41:04 PM
Trinity and Clooney's Tutor:

I'm so sorry for your losses.
My condolences.

I am sending good thoughts your way.
 kidreason29
Msg: 58
On older ladies
Posted: 11/7/2015 9:02:17 PM
I stopped reading after "Apart from the guys who have a fetish about us older ladies", I laughed. Is that what it is called, a fetish? Is it a fetish if I like Asian women...?
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 59
On older ladies
Posted: 11/7/2015 10:08:34 PM
My thoughts are with you both Trinity and Clooney.

My mum turns 80 this week.
She has advanced dementia so we will not tell her she is 80.
It will only upset her.
Will probably tell her she is 21.
Her birthday present is makeup. Sexy red lipstick and rouge.

As to being an older lady...

That is me.
I recently had a man who is 32 contact me.
He lives close by and is interested in sailing.
We had a meet.
Really nice young man and I just returned from 2 days sailing on my boat with him.
No scandal................. DRAT!!!

Me 56. Him 32.
He made contact with me.
Did get a kiss on the cheek.

Does that make me a cougar???
 hearton64
Msg: 60
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 9:37:25 AM

I stopped reading after "Apart from the guys who have a fetish about us older ladies", I laughed.
Is that what it is called, a fetish? Is it a fetish if I like Asian women...?

I believe a fetish refers to a sexual proclivity
that involves something that MUST be in order to get off.

In general though if something turns you on but you
don't NEED it to get off then it's not a fetish.
 hearton64
Msg: 61
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 9:37:59 AM

I stopped reading after "Apart from the guys who have a fetish about us older ladies", I laughed.
Is that what it is called, a fetish? Is it a fetish if I like Asian women...?

TrvstInKarma
Msg: 62
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 9:43:20 AM

Me 56. Him 32.
He made contact with me.
Did get a kiss on the cheek.

Does that make me a cougar???

I'm surprised no one has jumped on you for saying that or "lectured" you that this will " never work out" for the long term, that all you are is an "old lady experience", or that you are old enough to be his mother ("ewww"), that he will dump you for a younger women, etc.

No, it does not make you a "cougar". Especially not if he is the one to approach you. I think it's awesome, and makes me happy to see that I still have at least 10 more years of being interesting to some younger men.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 63
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 9:44:15 AM

Totally agree.
 gtomustang
Msg: 64
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 9:55:54 AM
sorry to hear that Clooney. I too had the luck to say goodbye (well, sorta Mom had the dementia but my father had only the Parkinson's). It does make us feel mortal, and wakes us up that we are not immune from what claims us all. If there is a "bucket list" in your mind, hopefully you are in a position to work on it.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 65
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 10:08:33 AM

I'm surprised no one has jumped on you for saying that or "lectured" you that this will " never work out" for the long term, that all you are is an "old lady experience", or that you are old enough to be his mother ("ewww"), that he will dump you for a younger women, etc.

I am sorry Karma, If I make you mad...hehehe. But please let me rephrase that^ in the way it should be posted...lol

OP, that will " never work out" for the long term, all you are is an "old lady experience", you are old enough to be his mother ("ewww"), he will dump you for a younger women.

That ^ IS the reality.!

YES, it does make you a "cougar".

there is a saying that 15 years or more is cougar.!
5 years of more is a puma.!!

hearton64
Msg: 66
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 12:37:19 PM
"I'm surprised no one has jumped on you for saying that or "lectured" you that this will " never work out" for the long term, that all you are is an "old lady experience", or that you are old enough to be his mother ("ewww"), that he will dump you for a younger women, etc. "

Why would they?

"No, it does not make you a "cougar".
Especially not if he is the one to approach you.
I think it's awesome, and makes me happy
to see that I still have at least 10 more years
of being interesting to some younger men."

Why not, right?

Totally agree and at 45 met someone 6 years younger and
we are happily together for the past 7 years.

Guess I'm his "cougar fetish"! Lol
 StarClassic
Msg: 67
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 12:54:55 PM

Totally agree and at 45 met someone 6 years younger and
we are happily together for the past 7 years.

Guess I'm his "cougar fetish"! Lol

When my sister first met Mark he was 24, she was 52.
They married three years later, and have been happily married fifteen years now.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 68
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 1:29:37 PM
Well there has been no hanky panky. Merely a kiss on the cheek hello and goodbye.
We slept in separate bunks.
He and I get along really well.

We chatted quite a bit about dating.
At 32 he says that most of the women his age want to settle down, get married, have children and get a mortgage.
He does not want that.

Who knows.
Perhaps he just wants sailing lessons.
or
He enjoys my company. We converse very comfortably
or
Perhaps I am his "cougar fetish" and the reality is different to the image.
Or when he saw me in a swim suit, no makeup, no hair down he changed his mind.

We all look very different dressed up to go out as compared to a la natural with the only shower under a waterfall after swimming from the boat.

Give me that unwashed reality anytime. :)

Castlehillsmile (Formerly SeaLady)

p.s.
Much better than the first meet I had with a man my own age this week. He has been married 3 times, 6 children and a couple of grandchildren. He goes to work, comes home, sleeps then gets up to go to work again. Has a permanent caravan he shares with his family and goes there and only there for holidays. Spent almost the entire first meet telling me how his 3 former wives fell in love with him then left him.

All of his 'hobbies' and interests are things he did with his wives. Has not done any of them himself.

Give me the company of a 32 year old, fit, 6 foot 2 man with similar interests any day.
 south_city
Msg: 69
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 2:56:52 PM

OP, that will " never work out" for the long term, all you are is an "old lady experience", you are old enough to be his mother ("ewww"), he will dump you for a younger women.

It is unlikely [ not impossible ] that a LTR between a man and a much older woman will work out. But it's often the older woman that decides to end it or it's a mutual decision. Perhaps these women were looking for a casual relationship after their marriage or previous LTR ended. Once they are ready or interested in another LTR, they might start dating men closer to their age.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 70
view profile
History
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 3:19:17 PM
Clooneys,
I lost my mother and younger sister with cancer within a year of each other so I know about grief and pain. Of course it is different for everyone but commiserations to you... My mother also had dementia and essentially starved herself to death but she was very old.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 71
view profile
History
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 3:23:49 PM
castle hill lady

Naturally the younger fitter man is more sexually attractive and has a less cynical or world weary outlook but you really need to have a lot in common for the relationship to continue, I feel. He may have a mother complex and will use you as a shoulder to cry on but hopefully not want to dip into your bank account. All of that is fine as long as everyone knows the score. If you can put up with the looks and comments that will inevitably follow you if you do decide to date a much younger man then go for it!!!.
I had a wild ride with a much younger guy but ultimately his immaturity and lack of similar outlook caused the relationship to fade. I knew I wouldn't last but it was all life experience and no regrets.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 72
On older ladies
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:42:40 PM
My husband (we were the same age) left me for another woman who is younger.
My dad left my mum for multiple women. As many as he could get. Or was it mum who decided that she did not want to be a part of that.
I know multiple couples who are divorced because one or the other left for someone else.

The young man certainly has a less cynical look on the world.
He has passion and energy.
Something that 'grumpy old men and women' often seem to loose.
I find that passion and enthusiasm, whilst sometimes misguided and naive very attractive.
In anybody.
I have friends my own age and older and we still have it.
That sparkle in your eye.

p.s. He contacted me via a paid site and paid to make contact.
Since we have met and have been communicating via the real world he has not been on that other side.
I logged on to check messages this morning.

Another man my own age telling me he is unemployed and living with his pensioner mother.
At least the 32 year old has a job, drivers licence and his own transport.

pps. I had a 'wild ride' a few years ago with a much younger man.
The crunch came after a time when I wanted it to be more like a 'proper' relationship.
He did not want that.
Plus other 'issues' so we called it quits for good.
 2whiteangoras
Msg: 73
view profile
History
On older ladies
Posted: 11/9/2015 11:20:24 AM

ohenryx
My two dogs need a house sitter / pet sitter,

Need to find someone that wants to go places where you can take your dogs with you! LOL
 2whiteangoras
Msg: 74
view profile
History
On older ladies
Posted: 11/9/2015 11:53:37 AM
I'm always getting the younger guys hitting on me and I don't understand it. I tell them that I won't date anyone my son's age nor younger. They always say that age doesn't matter when it involves love. That just worries me.

My last relationship lasted 12 years with a guy 17 years younger than me. We're still friends though. I'm not interested in someone that young any more. Learned a lot from that one.

For dating someone around my sons' age, that is just creepy!

Even though I have on here as looking for someone between 50 - 70 I'm really not interested in a larger age difference than 12 years.

The sad thing is that the only guys that have really contacted me on here or elsewhere looking for an LTR are the youngun's! Just blows my mind! LOL
 tangofish
Msg: 75
view profile
History
On older ladies
Posted: 11/9/2015 9:43:23 PM
I have a theory -

As far as dating and relationships go... the universe gives you exactly what you dont want. And that's why nobody gets the type of relationship they're looking for.

Personally I blame astrology for disrupting the fabric of our otherwise balanced universe. Damn you astrology!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > On older ladies