Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Flakey men on this site.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 51
Flakey men on this site.Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

PS: where did GFE784270 come from anyway? My god, she’s hot! Doesn’t she know really hot women don’t need OLD?

Well, Mr. Henry, it's nice you've just told the forum ladies they're not really hot.
I dunno...I think I'm pretty hot...if you look at me just so...hahaha!
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 52
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 12:11:49 PM
Neither do hot men? I dunno.

I suspect the hot folks are enjoying OLD quite a bit :)
 ohenryx
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 1:25:05 PM

PS: where did GFE784270 come from anyway? My god, she’s hot! Doesn’t she know really hot women don’t need OLD?

browneyesboo
Well, Mr. Henry, it's nice you've just told the forum ladies they're not really hot.
I dunno...I think I'm pretty hot...if you look at me just so...hahaha!

Yeah, well, uh, what I meant to say was ….

Never mind. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Actually, it was meant to be facetious, and I’m certain Boo knew that. She just couldn’t resist sticking me with the old square needle. Boo and I have known each other through these forums for a long time now.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 54
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 1:37:20 PM

Yeah, well, uh, what I meant to say was ….

Her: Does this jeans make my ass look too big.

Him: Well honey, no. They do not make you look too big.

Her: Does that mean that my butt is big?

Him: No, I mean the jeans make it look just fine.

Her: Ahhh, so it's just the jean. You think my ass is too big and only these jeans doesn't make it look bigger. You are so horrible!!!!
 2ufo
Msg: 55
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 5:49:48 PM

In fact, don't even start digging.
Actual conversation (with the ex-husband)

Her: Do these pants make my ass look fat?

Him: No, honey. your ass makes the pants look fat.

Her: *long silence*

Him: You're never going to ask me that question again, are you?

Her: No.

And, I never did.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 56
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 6:06:43 PM
It's like when women ask "Guess how old I am?" If I were a man, my response would be "I don't care for this game, thank-you." A man's got to recognize a trap.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 57
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 6:10:27 PM
That's why Admiral Akbar is in such high demand as a wing man.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 58
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 7:02:02 PM

Him: No, honey. your ass makes the pants look fat.

Her: *long silence*

It's like when women ask "Guess how old I am?" If I were a man, my response would be "I don't care for this game, thank-you." A man's got to recognize a trap.

Holy crap this is too much.

Hahahahahaha.
 Chromis1
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 7:39:08 PM

I'm right at that age where it's hard for a woman to fudge hers. Went out with a woman last year whose profile said she was 53. After several drinks, I asked her what she remembered about JFK's assassination and she went in to great detail about it, how the teacher broke the news to her class, etc. Only problem was, if she was actually 53, she would have been 2 in 1963. Oops! I'll bet this would work every time.
 cookymaker
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 8:05:26 PM
If I were to lie about my age, I just might make myself OLDER. Then people might say "dang, she looks good for her age" Or that I am well preserved LOL

Real conversation ...
I had blood pressure problems that made me gain weight
ME: This weight gain is really upsetting me. I am not used to this
THE X : Don't worry, babe. So now you are pleasingly plump
ME Was that supposed to make me feel better?
THE X: (comes over and hugs me) Aw, don't worry. Its just because you are getting old
ME: You have a death wish, don't you?

There are flaky men on this site. And I am sure plenty of flaky women to offset them.. Nervous people? Scared people? Hard to tell. Why lie about anything? The truth comes out sooner or later, one way or another. I have met one that if you did the math based on the stories he told.. he had to be 12 when he got married the first time
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 61
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/12/2015 8:27:13 PM

Why lie about anything?

Because people know that it will garner them messages and live meets.

Not that I advocate lying- because I don't- however, I see that it does generate a lot of the desired results, and so I understand why people are motivated to do it.

People reward the liars and so the incentive to lie is there, for those unconstrained by moral considerations.
 south_city
Msg: 62
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/14/2015 10:12:57 AM

What I'm finding though is that we will chat for a few hours and then they just disappear. I'm not looking for
a commitment and will just take a sexual arrangement, I have plenty to
say and try to make my messages as engaging as possible. I've even arranged to meet a few of them and they just either disappear or back out at the last minute. I wonder why they even bothered
contacting me in the first place, telling me how sexy I am blah blah blah. I'm finding this extremely frustrating.
Do some men just like to see how many women they can get to respond to them to bolster their ego?

Have any other women experienced this or is it just me as I'm starting to take it personally?

This is very common with OLD. Both genders do this. Most likely, they got cold feet or better plans from their perspective came up. Having said that, if these men had known that you were looking for a sexual arrangement, probably at least some of them would have met you. LOL.

Not that I advocate lying- because I don't- however, I see that it does generate a lot of the desired results, and so I understand why people are motivated to do it.

People reward the liars and so the incentive to lie is there, for those unconstrained by moral considerations.

They also have the misguided belief that people will overlook the lies because of personality. If/when there is a face to face encounter.
 Strings6
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/22/2015 3:27:53 PM
From the Op's profile......"I still like all my ex boyfriends,im especially fond of one of them" .....a classic red light,blazing across the night sky warning if there ever was one.........suitable for framing.
 oneday57
Msg: 64
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/24/2015 3:28:36 AM
BLA BLA BLA......if you dress like a woman in the business then you get what you get......seems on here there's more cleavage and legs than other sights.....I've heard many woman **** about guys sending them dumb pics and chatting about what THEY want when I've had the same happen to me.....woman looking for a piece for lack of better terms....it is what it is, go find yourself a troll under a bridge that lives in a little box!
 oneday57
Msg: 65
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/28/2015 2:42:11 PM
Like to talk do ya?!?....look into the mirror and talk all ye want cause Ive met some illiterate woman on here too and they were the nicest people....sooooo that might make you an idiot...if at your age you havnt figured out it takes all kinds might wanna grow up a bit instead of tryin to sit looking pretty cause your one of those who think they are all that...think again!...lol
 Seki1949
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/28/2015 10:05:49 PM

...to persuade into accepting meaningless sex with you.

Is any sex really, really meaningless?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/29/2015 12:26:15 AM
these men that may be attractive looking could have someone else' s pic up and so don't want to get to the stage of actually meeting up or doing Skype. As has been suggested, don't worry about those you have not connected with, they are fake and/or flakes.

You don't need a dating site for just casual sex especially if the pics you have are real.

Men complain about the same thing with females on here, so it applies to both genders. Don't take anything personally, nothing is real until you meet. .
 Maleman999
Msg: 68
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/29/2015 7:57:24 AM

Msg 64:

I've seen a lot of profiles where women think they solved the problem by putting in the infamous line:
"If you are a player, liar, or cheater, don't contact me." That solves it and guarantees that they only get the purest of the pure, right?
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 69
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/29/2015 12:08:47 PM

why would a person want messages leading to live meets where the meet ended up being a huge letdown or sense of betrayal for one or both parties? you are starting at not only square zero; you are starting at square negative 20. You want a sense of excitement when two people finally have the in person; not "who the heck are you and did you give birth to (or eat) my date?".

So lying makes the experience of the meet horrible; how on earth would someone think that would ever be a good thing?

way better to have a couple really good meets than a few dozen awkward, stilted angry ones, wouldn't it?

(undersell, overdeliver) :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/29/2015 7:06:54 PM
People who come across as desirable when they are not, and get the desired attention which is directed at someone else that they have portrayed, must pall after a while, surely. How empty and shallow it all must be. Let us not mention what happens when these liars actually meet up, if they ever do.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 71
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:49:54 AM
I would love to be a fly on the wall when two liars met.

He says he is athletic, employed in a great job and 6foot tall.
She says she is average, works in an office and is 5'4".

When they arrive:
He is unemployed 5'4" and looks like Friar Tuk.
She is 6 foot tall, a corporate CEO and in training for the Olympics in ShotPut.

moonbeamlover
Msg: 72
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/30/2015 7:21:17 AM
I WAS a fly on a wall after two met; my friend who was supposedly 49, who was supposedly athletic, with a pic of his 6 year old daughter met a woman who was 35.

I saw his ad and called to give him crap on his profile, seeing as he was 64 for real with his daughter (in the pic) actually being MOTHER of a 7 year old and he was not remotely athletic...

and he was absolutely besides himself because the woman he met was 48 and not thin herself.

He was like "why would she dare waste my time"???
not even remotely seeing the irony...
 a_djentleman
Msg: 73
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/30/2015 9:26:32 AM
OP, attractive men in your age group have the pick of the litter... and generally can date a good bit younger if they want to as well. If they're not really looking to (re)marry at that age to look good in the eyes of Jesus or whatever, they're going to be free to play around at will. I'm guessing you're usually five or six on the priority list with any dapper mid-fourties to early fifties man, hence the flakiness.

At fourty seven, if you want to prioritize looks so much as an aged woman, all I can say is, enjoy your dichotomy soup.
 ohenryx
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:09:03 PM

castlehillsmile
I would love to be a fly on the wall when two liars met.

He says he is athletic, employed in a great job and 6foot tall.
She says she is average, works in an office and is 5'4".

When they arrive:
He is unemployed 5'4" and looks like Friar Tuk.
She is 6 foot tall, a corporate CEO and in training for the Olympics in ShotPut.

Many, many years ago, I was out drinking and dancing and met a woman who was nearly that big. She was at least 5’10”, and a large, big boned woman. She was still quite feminine, very pretty, and beautiful long blonde hair down to her waist.

During the course of the conversation, I asked her what she did, and she replied, “Sing opera”. I gave her a disbelieving look, and she threw back her head and let fly. This was in a crowded noisy night club, big speakers playing loud music, a large number of people trying to talk over the music, etc. And she drowned them all out. People all over the club turned around, looking. Very interesting experience.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 75
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:11:59 PM

why would a person want messages leading to live meets where the meet ended up being a huge letdown or sense of betrayal for one or both parties? you are starting at not only square zero; you are starting at square negative 20. You want a sense of excitement when two people finally have the in person; not "who the heck are you and did you give birth to (or eat) my date?".

So lying makes the experience of the meet horrible; how on earth would someone think that would ever be a good thing?

way better to have a couple really good meets than a few dozen awkward, stilted angry ones, wouldn't it?

This is why:

"I double checked this afternoon meet man when I got home
His profile states: 5'7" working in managment in a goverment job.

He was at the coffee shop when I arrived, did not stand up to greet me.
I went to the counter and ordered my own coffee.

Turns out he is about 5'4", unemployed, talked about the benefits of his senior's card, when he can get the old age pension, about his children and granddaughter and looked at me as if I was from Uranus when I answered his question about my children that I am child free.
Thankfully the entire thing lasted only 20 mins."

If he had stated truthfully in his profile that he was 5' 4" and unemployed, it is doubtful that she would have agreed to the meet.
In his (and others) mind, any meet is better than being a loser with no meets.
Doubtful that he will get "a couple really good meets" from OLD with the truth. And he knows it.
Again, not condoning lying, just explaining the motivation and rationale behind it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Flakey men on this site.