Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Flakey men on this site.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bobbycllhn
Msg: 101
Flakey men on this site.Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Let's not be naïve. If he is attractive and messages you saying "hi" you'll reply back. If he is not attractive and spews out the most beautiful heart felt first message ever, you won't reply back.
 abc1129
Msg: 102
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/3/2016 12:27:30 PM

Let's not be naïve. If he is attractive and messages you saying "hi" you'll reply back. If he is not attractive and spews out the most beautiful heart felt first message ever, you won't reply back.

That's exactly how it is.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 103
Flakey crusty men who are just a shell
Posted: 1/3/2016 4:06:52 PM

dating advice for Christmas? Pick a partner the way you buy laundry soap--skip over the pretty packaging on the outside of the bottle. Focus on its contents.

That's actually great dating advice for every day of the year.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/3/2016 5:07:18 PM
browneyes

O'Henry is right, why would really hot women or men come to that, bother to trawl these murky waters??? lol!! They only have to show up somewhere to be hit on lol!!
 Maleman999
Msg: 105
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/3/2016 6:13:03 PM

dating advice for Christmas? Pick a partner the way you buy laundry soap--skip over the pretty packaging on the outside of the bottle. Focus on its contents.
-------------------------
That's actually great dating advice for every day of the year.

Telling people to totally disregard physical attraction and go after the ugly ones they are not physically attracted to, because they might have inner beauty, will go over like a lead balloon.
 50ThousandAnd1
Msg: 106
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/3/2016 7:33:03 PM
There are just as many flakey women on this site from what I hear.

Sad that the non-flakes have to weed through so many flakes, but when your picker is good, it gets easier, or better yet do not do OLD.
 HollywoodTimes
Msg: 107
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/9/2016 10:23:01 PM
Very true. It is an ego booster but the same goes for women as well thus the reason why they cater to the handsome men however these relationships if they ever materialize do not last long. Alot of people today are basing they are basing theyre ideal mate on looks only. I can not believe women dumb themselves down for a pretty boy that's not a good method it should be a balance of looks, maturity, intelligence, and stability. So from what I understand he can be a homeless rapist but as long as he looks good women will respond lol oh no! I know this is not what the majority of women would do but for that minority come on!
 GuitarJoey
Msg: 108
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/12/2016 9:32:54 PM
There's a difference between a nice photo and a suggestive photo. What you put in your profile is what you're going to get back. I've seen girls complain they get sleazy messages, and their profile pics are full of underwear shots and their boobs hanging out. Of COURSE you're gonna get sleazy messages with pics like that!
 gentlemenstartengines
Msg: 109
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/20/2016 5:43:14 PM
I wont dummy up for anyone. What gets me is the sexual predators from IL on this site. Nice having free site to see them and avoid. I dont even bother here anymore, just love reading the forums.
 Coma_White
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/20/2016 6:33:08 PM

I wont dummy up for anyone. What gets me is the sexual predators from IL on this site. Nice having free site to see them and avoid. I dont even bother here anymore, just love reading the forums.

What is IL?
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 1/20/2016 7:22:35 PM
Illinois

I live there also
 fatemeandyou
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/19/2016 12:37:10 PM
Yes!! I agree with you ladies...you have to "dumb it down"..lol. Alot of the attractive men are probably intelligent but feel they don't have to expend any energy engaging in lively, stimulating conversation. It is because, they have a lot of other women vying for their attention.

Personally, I'd rather talk to someone who may not be quite as attractive, but at least can hold an articulate conversation...even if they can'
t spell, I bet they take the time to google it! That is much more attractive to me:)

I don't know about you, but for me...it starts between the ears.

My two cents:)
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 113
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/19/2016 7:44:41 PM
Its not that men are flakey. Its more that after you talk to the woman for a while or even meet her. You find out that its not worth it to actually waste the time, So you move on. So many women keep saying how bad and boring the guys are. As a guy I can say that so many of the women are just as bad.
women do it all the time as well. Sometimes its just easier to walk away then try and explain over and over and deal with someone hurt feelings.
I find that the older I get the less time I'm willing to waste.
 jrb1979
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/19/2016 8:22:22 PM
I agree completely with what you said. Lately I find there is so many women seem to be guarded and are afraid to get close to anyone. I will admit I have flaked on women a couple of times but when I do its usually I get the vibe they are guarded or I am the one who has that start the conversation majority of the time. I don't have lots of free time as it is so I don't have time to waste on women like that.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 115
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/19/2016 8:57:37 PM

Yes!! I agree with you ladies...you have to "dumb it down"..lol. Alot of the attractive men are probably intelligent but feel they don't have to expend any energy engaging in lively, stimulating conversation. It is because, they have a lot of other women vying for their attention.

Personally, I'd rather talk to someone who may not be quite as attractive, but at least can hold an articulate conversation...even if they can't spell, I bet they take the time to google it! That is much more attractive to me:)

I don't know about you, but for me...it starts between the ears.

My two cents:)

As a reasonably smart guy, you couldn't me MORE WRONG. Studies that show that more intelligent women are better / more open minded in bed have kept them on my radar (along with personal experience) as well. Play dumb, get dumb. Your loss.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 116
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 12:02:59 AM

I don't agree.

In the last week and a half, I have met a couple of broadly intellectual, multi-national, cultured, physically gorgeous (and I mean gorgeous men who're conversant and interesting. These men craved conversations beyond what kind of a car do you drive or did you watch this realty show, last night or what's your credit score and how are your finances . They desire well-read, critically-thinking, conversant, AND attractive women; this is how I landed dates with them, and I'm no Barbie. Men like this lose interest when they discover that the women whom they thought were intelligent were really narrow, shallow, and didn't want to learn anything new or whom weren't open-minded. (And yes, sex appeal does matter.) Men of this caliber want it all.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 117
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 1:03:11 AM
^
You're straight edge... that makes things weird no matter how you put it.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 2:25:09 AM
I don't know that it is true that really attractive men feel they don't have to contribute anything to a conversation much as other women are vying for them. Not for long if they have nothing to offer but looks. Gets boring very quickly. They may get the similar bimbo perhaps but then he soon would be bored, I am sure.

Women fall in love with their ears and men with their eyes may be a truism but mostly accurate.

Know a guy tall, dark, handsome and intelligent who contributes nothing to a date conversation wise and is still looking after several years. He may get a one night stand occasionally but that would be about it. He is middle aged now and needs to show he has some depth of character....
 skyisthelimit518
Msg: 119
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 2:57:32 AM
I have actually found more then a few fake profiles on here. I was talking to a guy for a few days but he made every excuse to not text or do anything other then on this site. It was very off so I did my little detective research and copied his profile pics and googled them yeah his truck was on some drag race truck site, his profile pic was of some guy jeans model. I reported it to POF numerous times and they have yet to take his profile down. He isn't real. Perfect example of why they disappear when things start to get a little deep. This site is becoming a joke.
 gtomustang
Msg: 120
I used to get flakes. Now I use POF
Posted: 2/20/2016 6:30:50 AM
There are attractive men and women who learned growing up, the world will come to them. They may also have been taught this, subconsciously or otherwise, from the parent who gave them their genes. There are others who don't take the easy path in life, they will "work" to be charming and attract people to them and overlook their faults rather than berate. And there's the middle--in a few hours an attractive female friend of mine who's a bit of an airhead and flake is coming over to help me clean up water damage from a burst pipe...and she's dating someone else. Yet she can still be a nice person. or she's really bored this weekend.

what we seek, we find. If looks are important, we can overlook the personality. If the personality is important, we can overlook the looks.
 benartflick
Msg: 121
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 9:06:12 AM

"...how bad and boring the guys are. As a guy I can say that so many of the women are just as bad."

Do you honestly believe that? Do you date much?

Women are extremely social and very friendly (except on forums). They're great communicators, unless they're drunk, high on drugs or on forums. I don't agree with everything they say but it's usually interesting.

I can't recall ever having a boring date - since childhood.

Even at poker tables I always have friendly chats with the women sitting next to me. They're always sociable and have something interesting to say. They're nice people but a few might be bad poker players.

Even the best looking girls in junior high were not bad, never boring and easy to talk to. I never had a chance with any of them (I wish a few were bad), but I enjoyed talking to them. (And looking at them - of course.)

As you MUST know some men are grumpy and anti-social. My ex-mother-in-law was the only grumpy woman I knew - although she was possibly the anti-Christ.

Some men just don't like having conversations. I haven't met a girl or a woman like that, yet. Women seem to enjoy a good conversation and they like to have fun.

(Men complaining about spending money on a date is boring.)
 south_city
Msg: 122
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 10:50:21 AM

Do you honestly believe that? Do you date much?

Women are extremely social and very friendly (except on forums). They're great communicators, unless they're drunk, high on drugs or on forums. I don't agree with everything they say but it's usually interesting.

I can't recall ever having a boring date - since childhood.

You have been fortunate. I have been on a few bad and/or boring dates here and there. I have also met some women that were anti-social because they were shy, quiet, or stuck up.
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 123
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 3:34:22 PM

Your insistence on intelligent discourse seems incongruent with sexual intercourse. -- Halcyon Skies

I saw an illuminating flash of lightning and heard a crack of revealing thunder when I read these words.

I mean, this really sums it up brilliantly.

It's quite sad, really, the way things are going today in the dating world.

Best wishes

- Peter
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 124
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 4:08:24 PM
Do you want me to be honest with you, Jade?

I knew by looking at your profile that you would not be the sort of woman I would date. Don't get me wrong: I am 62, over the hill, in poor physical shape, swallowing expensive doctor-only painkillers and taking sleeping pills to manage even a partial night's sleep, but when I saw those photographs, and the "I'm still good friends with all of my ex-boyfriends," and the opening gambit of: “I think this site is going to turn me into an alcoholic or a lesbian soon,” I don’t think your post and your profile run in sync with each other.

You say in your profile: “It takes a lot for men to write to women on this site.”

That’s not what I hear. I hear that women on PoF get so many messages that they cannot cope with them all. And surely a woman with your level of intelligence would fathom that, with your not receiving this heavy message load, there must be something wrong at your end.

Also, you say that you don’t have time to respond to everyone and to message “everyone back.” That doesn’t gel with your comments about men and how it takes a lot for them to write to women on this site.

You say that your photographs are ‘quite provocative’ (your words) and then talk about all your ex-boyfriends and their friendship status with you at this time, including how you are ‘especially fond of one of them.’ This is all a screaming red flag, Jade. I mean, really. Even for someone like me, over the hill and well past my sell-by date, I would simply click on the next profile. (I do a lot of clicking these days.)

You say things, like other people tell you that you “don’t take fools gladly.” (The expression is ‘suffer’ fools gladly.) I mean, you need to tell us that other people tell you that you don’t take fools gladly?

Is that something that men need to hear – other people’s views on your views about how you take or don’t take ‘fools’? (Non-judgemental, I suppose?) Also, you say that only recently you have ‘discovered’ that you have a ‘very romantic side.’ I mean, you are 47, and you have only recently discovered this?

You say that you must have a man who is “at least as clever as me.”

There are millions out there, including men reading your post, but I doubt if they would pick themselves up after stumbling at the alcoholic and lesbian introduction to your profile.

Seriously, Jade, I mean it, if you were my daughter, and I am old enough to be your father, I would at least get rid of the sugary come-hither look on your main photograph, the OK-boys-I’m-here pose, and your second last photograph, with the focus on your legs and the booze bottle held high.

At the end of the day, as you pointed out, you are not looking for human commitment, so what does it matter?

Best wishes

- Peter
 purplerider1200
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/21/2016 6:44:07 AM
Sending messages that get responses is a real issue on here. As they say,"The devil is in the detail".

How much is too much? Or too little? Do I spend an hour composing a message that gets ignored? Or two minutes that gets the same result? Some have, (many, I suspect) have little patience with typing. It might be done on an Iphone or an android during a spare minute during the day. They might be attached, and are doing this on the sly. You know, everyone cheats on their mate, why can't I? Or, perhaps they posted a photo that was found on the 'net, rather than their own. We all know that happens a lot. What did they lie about? (And don't want to embarrass themselves.)

As if you haven't figured it out yet, OLD is a crapshoot. Ya roll the dice and take your chance. There are loads of time wasters out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Flakey men on this site.