Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Flakey men on this site.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 benartflick
Msg: 121
Flakey men on this site.Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

"...how bad and boring the guys are. As a guy I can say that so many of the women are just as bad."

Do you honestly believe that? Do you date much?

Women are extremely social and very friendly (except on forums). They're great communicators, unless they're drunk, high on drugs or on forums. I don't agree with everything they say but it's usually interesting.

I can't recall ever having a boring date - since childhood.

Even at poker tables I always have friendly chats with the women sitting next to me. They're always sociable and have something interesting to say. They're nice people but a few might be bad poker players.

Even the best looking girls in junior high were not bad, never boring and easy to talk to. I never had a chance with any of them (I wish a few were bad), but I enjoyed talking to them. (And looking at them - of course.)

As you MUST know some men are grumpy and anti-social. My ex-mother-in-law was the only grumpy woman I knew - although she was possibly the anti-Christ.

Some men just don't like having conversations. I haven't met a girl or a woman like that, yet. Women seem to enjoy a good conversation and they like to have fun.

(Men complaining about spending money on a date is boring.)
 south_city
Msg: 122
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 10:50:21 AM

Do you honestly believe that? Do you date much?

Women are extremely social and very friendly (except on forums). They're great communicators, unless they're drunk, high on drugs or on forums. I don't agree with everything they say but it's usually interesting.

I can't recall ever having a boring date - since childhood.

You have been fortunate. I have been on a few bad and/or boring dates here and there. I have also met some women that were anti-social because they were shy, quiet, or stuck up.
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 123
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 3:34:22 PM

Your insistence on intelligent discourse seems incongruent with sexual intercourse. -- Halcyon Skies

I saw an illuminating flash of lightning and heard a crack of revealing thunder when I read these words.

I mean, this really sums it up brilliantly.

It's quite sad, really, the way things are going today in the dating world.

Best wishes

- Peter
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 124
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/20/2016 4:08:24 PM
Do you want me to be honest with you, Jade?

I knew by looking at your profile that you would not be the sort of woman I would date. Don't get me wrong: I am 62, over the hill, in poor physical shape, swallowing expensive doctor-only painkillers and taking sleeping pills to manage even a partial night's sleep, but when I saw those photographs, and the "I'm still good friends with all of my ex-boyfriends," and the opening gambit of: “I think this site is going to turn me into an alcoholic or a lesbian soon,” I don’t think your post and your profile run in sync with each other.

You say in your profile: “It takes a lot for men to write to women on this site.”

That’s not what I hear. I hear that women on PoF get so many messages that they cannot cope with them all. And surely a woman with your level of intelligence would fathom that, with your not receiving this heavy message load, there must be something wrong at your end.

Also, you say that you don’t have time to respond to everyone and to message “everyone back.” That doesn’t gel with your comments about men and how it takes a lot for them to write to women on this site.

You say that your photographs are ‘quite provocative’ (your words) and then talk about all your ex-boyfriends and their friendship status with you at this time, including how you are ‘especially fond of one of them.’ This is all a screaming red flag, Jade. I mean, really. Even for someone like me, over the hill and well past my sell-by date, I would simply click on the next profile. (I do a lot of clicking these days.)

You say things, like other people tell you that you “don’t take fools gladly.” (The expression is ‘suffer’ fools gladly.) I mean, you need to tell us that other people tell you that you don’t take fools gladly?

Is that something that men need to hear – other people’s views on your views about how you take or don’t take ‘fools’? (Non-judgemental, I suppose?) Also, you say that only recently you have ‘discovered’ that you have a ‘very romantic side.’ I mean, you are 47, and you have only recently discovered this?

You say that you must have a man who is “at least as clever as me.”

There are millions out there, including men reading your post, but I doubt if they would pick themselves up after stumbling at the alcoholic and lesbian introduction to your profile.

Seriously, Jade, I mean it, if you were my daughter, and I am old enough to be your father, I would at least get rid of the sugary come-hither look on your main photograph, the OK-boys-I’m-here pose, and your second last photograph, with the focus on your legs and the booze bottle held high.

At the end of the day, as you pointed out, you are not looking for human commitment, so what does it matter?

Best wishes

- Peter
 purplerider1200
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/21/2016 6:44:07 AM
Sending messages that get responses is a real issue on here. As they say,"The devil is in the detail".

How much is too much? Or too little? Do I spend an hour composing a message that gets ignored? Or two minutes that gets the same result? Some have, (many, I suspect) have little patience with typing. It might be done on an Iphone or an android during a spare minute during the day. They might be attached, and are doing this on the sly. You know, everyone cheats on their mate, why can't I? Or, perhaps they posted a photo that was found on the 'net, rather than their own. We all know that happens a lot. What did they lie about? (And don't want to embarrass themselves.)

As if you haven't figured it out yet, OLD is a crapshoot. Ya roll the dice and take your chance. There are loads of time wasters out there.
 starryskies192
Msg: 126
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 2/21/2016 7:05:09 AM
Yeah i've done that, sometimes I will get mutual matches or something just to see who matches to get an idea of where I stand.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/15/2018 4:05:39 AM
Flakey men?!?!.....woman aren't any better and as for telling them how sexy they are why put picks on the sight with their breasts exposed or short dresses...etc.....come on and while I don't post a pic I do say if you want one write and I will send you one.....these sights are what they are and it's up to the individual to figure out who plays and whos real....and I would think that would be with conversation first then maybe a meet if ones comfortable with that.....it is that simple...lol
 justin_0116
Msg: 128
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/15/2018 4:47:54 AM
Apparently the whole site is full of flakey people.
 feirene
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/15/2018 1:28:58 PM

If you're only it for a bang, why do you care one way or another about their intellect or what they have to say?

seriously?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/15/2018 5:14:51 PM
You are right Purplerider.

As for tweaking profiles, it matters not what is written as long as there is reasonable grammar and spelling. It is the stats that count, the looks, height, job etc. It is a dating site and pics are everything... at least initially.
 30yoBlkM4Older
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/16/2018 2:34:25 PM
Maybe they found someone else who is looking for commitment and not a sexual relationship. All men are not equal and some men don't just want a sexual relationship, especially if they are older men. They are probably seeking long term companionship. If you want a sexual relationship seek out a thirsty young man.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/16/2018 7:55:09 PM
Hmmmm I think ya have a really high opion of yourself.

---- guess the men don't think so?
 south_city
Msg: 133
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/17/2018 9:47:58 AM

As for tweaking profiles, it matters not what is written as long as there is reasonable grammar and spelling. It is the stats that count, the looks, height, job etc. It is a dating site and pics are everything... at least initially.

I agree that pictures and stats count the most. But the profile can matter to some extent. A profile that is negative, has a long list of requirements etc could be a dealbreaker for me. Regardless of how attractive a woman is.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 134
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/17/2018 2:33:23 PM
I think it's par for the course that there will be time wasters or those that are not honest about their intent to never meet, but they'll want to endlessly correspond. I'm not sure what their point of being on the OLD side, because they should come and post in the forums.

I've encountered a few that seemed to want a pen pal and talked with two others that wanted to waste a bunch of time either talking, video chatting and giving a million damn excuses as to why they couldn't meet up. I had one that resurfaced out of the blue back on here that I corresponded with the first/last time that I was on here.

He had the audacity to favorite my profile, so I blocked him to make it clear that I was not open to waste any time in the endless circle of nonsense with him. He was not even physically attractive to me, but he's intelligent and an animal lover, so when some guys think that it's all about looks, it's not always all about looks that let allow one to ice skate by with bs.

Now I'm quick on cutting all ties if the guy doesn't make a move or match my effort based on there being mutual interest in getting further acquainted. I know guys go through, but we women do too.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/17/2018 4:47:22 PM
It would be a pretty safe bet that those male timewasters have something hiding. Whether it be fake photos, married, or involved in some way with another. You have every right to give that person the heave ho.

Reminds me of a lady I met in a bar years ago. She was sitting with a guy that I knew WAS married. (I knew his wife too!) I caught her attention, because I thought she was a nice lady. I told her straight out that the guy she was sitting with was married. How did I know, I was asked. His wife was on a business trip. Did she lower the boom on him- and we became friends.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 136
Flakey men on this site.
Posted: 3/17/2018 4:58:12 PM
Agreed, that's what I always believe too - that there's a reason why they're playing games, they have someone, etc.

That was good that you let her know, because many in those type of situations where they'e being deceitful will try to keep that lie going as long as they can.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Flakey men on this site.