Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

There are plenty of opportunities to save a buck when out by yourself. Using a coupon on a DATE (not a “meet”) makes an impression of a thoughtless cheapskate…not a good impression

Not a good impression for what -- having cha-ching? :) So if he tells a story about how he and his sister went out to Applebees, and within it as a side note, mentioned he used a 2-for-1 coupon -- is that him being a cheap skate? I could understand a guy freaking out about how he Forgot his coupon as being a cheap skate, or him scrambling to run to his car to dig up a mere 10% off coupon. Would him whipping out a diners club card affect you the same? It acts an electronic coupon, is all.

The advice I'd give guys is to err on the side not to use a coupon on the initial few dates of a gal you're just getting to know, unless at the end of the date you see it possibly not working out and would be willing to see if she would have issue. I say this because it's one of the silly little guilt-by-association stereotype judgment calls. But when the "pre season" to dating a specific gal is winding down, and you have a buy-1-get-one-free or free-desert coupon in your wallet, don't be afraid to attach it to the bill along with your credit card.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?
Posted: 2/22/2016 9:35:28 AM
I wouldn't use a coupon for the first few dates, for several reasons.

One, it would maybe make a bad impression, but much more significant.

There isn't any place that I really like accepts any sort of coupons. One place doesn't even accept credit cards, cash only, which is pretty rare. The closest I come to a place that is a discount for me is Cheesecake Factory. It's little pricey, but I have free gift cards I collected from points from a credit card. I had to get something before the points expired. For a first few dates, Cheesecake Factory is about the level I like to go with.

I do go to places that accept coupons, mostly they are like Applebees, a local pizza place, small buffet like Golden Corral or I-Hop type places. None of which are very impressive, OK food but nothing exceptional.

I do ask for the senior discount, it's usually 10% of the entire bill, great for larger groups, that is probably another thing people are going to have an opinion about on a date.

It should be intuitive that if a place is very popular , they don't feel the need to offer any sort of discounts.
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2016 12:46:20 PM

sundownertoo:
"^^^ it will quit getting questioned to death when some of you finally admit that many of you go straight for the wallet. What and how much is he willing and capable of paying? You e said it a million times - men want the attractive woman. But you you rarely say - women want the money.
Men will]\ take a [semi attractive woman] with a [low paying job] or who is on disability or welfare even, if he finds her interesting and kind. A woman won't, most won't anyway.

It could be, it could be. And conversely, I know women who have chosen [semi-affluent men] with [low level looks] when they found them interesting and kind. It happens frequently.

That OK with you?
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2016 12:54:59 PM

chromis1:
"Wow, yes, exactly. If there's anything I appreciate, it's financial responsibility. I was treated to a breakfast at Bob Evans Sunday morning, and my GF used a coupon. Awesome, atta girl! She's somebody who will mesh well with me. Not only did she show an appreciation for me, but she did it a lowered cost."

Oh, fun. Cool. My kind of couple.
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2016 1:28:13 PM

ive often been called a loser cus of my low income even though im a lone parent women can get away with it but us men cant feminists want the best of both worlds

Name callers are not nice, avoid those kinds of men and women; seek out optimistic and resourceful people.
Don't seek to "get away" with things.
Acquire some gumption and get on with it.
Your situation has nothing to do with feminists

plenty of times crook why do you doubt everything i ever say?

Perhaps your forum posting reputation limits your plausibility.

youre right evolution has changed ill remember that next time a woman complains her bf has beaten her and she is struggling to get a pram on a bus :)

Reading this might encourage others to think of you as less manly.

Making positive efforts will improve your life.

All the best to you.
 south_city
Msg: 240
Posted: 2/22/2016 7:42:01 PM

It should be intuitive that if a place is very popular , they don't feel the need to offer any sort of discounts.

I know popular places that offer discounts. Often ( not always ) on days / times when they aren't quite as busy. For example, a restaurant near where I live has special deals on Monday and Tuesday. Usually the 2 slowest days of the week for them.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2016 7:33:11 AM

I know popular places that offer discounts. Often ( not always ) on days / times when they aren't quite as busy. For example, a restaurant near where I live has special deals on Monday and Tuesday. Usually the 2 slowest days of the week for them.

You are right, and popular is a poor way for me to have expressed myself. I-Hop is very popular and often offers many types of discounts, especially to those over 55. There is often a line to get in.

The higher quality the restaurant, the more interesting the food, the less you can expect to see any sort of coupons/discounts. One reason is, the ingredients that go into their food is more expensive.

A lot of places offer a lunch menu, or some sort of discount before some time, 3:00 PM, 4, 5:00 PM, or on off days. They have fairly good food, I go to these types of places often, they all lack ambiance. I go to restaurants fairly often, I don't want to spend huge amounts of money, last week I went 6 times to a restaurant in the 7 day period. (A little more often than normal)

However, dating on Mondays or Tuesdays isn't very popular, nor are lunch menus. Often the discounts are on a more limited menu that the full priced menu.

FWIW, I don't go to expensive restaurants, at least not in the past 15 years. Top prices I pay for two people is $70, and that is rare. (not including tip). However, in the last 6 years, I once paid $160 and $90, but one for was a woman I had been sleeping with the last 4 weeks, and one was for a meet with a friend that flew in on an International flight.. I wouldn't take a woman that I just dating but wasn't sleeping with already to a restaurant that was over $70 per couple. BTW, I don't usually order alcohol, or maybe just a beer.

IMO it's a waste of money to try and impress someone I was dating by spending money, I would feel foolish. If she wanted to go to such a place, I would be a little offended. However, I might want to enjoy a more expensive place with someone I am in a LTR with already

As for dating, a more nuanced way of expressing this, restaurants that are trendy, have really good food and offer the kind of ambiance that is suitable for a newish date, they never offer discounts but aren't terribly expensive, because of this they are popular all the times they are open.

A typical place I would take taken a date is the following. (I also go there now with my wife, but it's an hour trip to get there, the only downside.)

http://www.chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/history.htm
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?