Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 126
Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

As for the coupon on a first date thing, it is tacky and men that don't get that, have no real sense of propriety or class. It indicates a cheapskate and most women are turned off by that.

Totally agree. What’s so wrong about making a good first impression on a woman? Every man I’ve ever been out with went out of his way to do so, and many others I’ve just met and never even dated! WTF

The actual date itself should be more important than how he paid for it. If a woman didn't want to date man that she had liked up to that point just because he used a coupon, then I think he is better off without her. BTW there are plenty of women including some on this thread that don't have a problem with using coupons. I have been on dates when a woman used a coupon. It was a non-issue.
 Maleman999
Msg: 127
Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?
Posted: 12/10/2015 7:57:43 PM

What’s so wrong about making a good first impression on a woman? Every man I’ve ever been out with went out of his way to do so...

What is the first impression you're making on a guy? Is it that you're a gold digger? Making a good impression works both ways.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/10/2015 9:05:29 PM

What do you know about me?

You're boring as fvck. Bashing men. Go watch Oprah. Freak.

A celibate and sober individual.

Bashing singles trying to meet someone.

I'll mail a BOB to you later.

I bet you have no mirrors indoors.

And...I don't give a flying fvck who swoons over me, or not.

What is the first impression you're making on a guy? Is it that you're a gold digger?

+1000

I'm astounded by the number of gals 45+ that are looking to be paid for.

Disgusting.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/10/2015 9:33:32 PM
Post changed by edit as it obviously was misunderstood.

World peace.

ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/10/2015 9:36:33 PM
Ya know Castle?

There's a time to be a gentleman, and it's definitely not with with a man...
 Maleman999
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/11/2015 8:21:21 AM

I'm astounded by the number of gals 45+ that are looking to be paid for.

I'm astounded by the number who want free meals, drinks, and entertainment, then whine and complain when a guy shows an interest in wanting to have sex.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/11/2015 8:26:53 AM
I'm astounded by the men who seek out these same women over and over and over again.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/11/2015 8:33:59 AM
seems right about equal to the women who seek out unsuitable men or freeloaders then complain about it incessantly.. surely in major cities of USA, Canada, UK, Australia etc. it should be possible to find ONE suitable person ? lol
 chameleonf
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/11/2015 8:36:48 AM

What’s so wrong about making a good first impression on a woman? Every man I’ve ever been out with went out of his way to do so...

The trouble with this train of thought is that isn't who the guy really is. Then when you "allow" him to be who he really is and he happens to use coupons if he chooses, you say, "This isn't who you were when I met you, you've changed and I find your use of coupons disgusting and cheap." If you're not the one paying for something, what business is it of yours how it's done?
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/11/2015 8:36:53 AM
^^^ It is funny how that works. The women complain about cheap men, men who only want sex, men who don't measure up financially, the ones that don't dress properly, the ones men that should do the impressing of the women, men who are intimidated by them, even the ones in need of dental work and it goes on....women select these guys, over and over. The men complain about women who won't have sex whether its the 3rd date or the 5th month, the ones that won't open their wallet, the ones that want to be treated like a princess but haven't earned it, the ones that want them to pay for personal expenses or take them on trips away, the ones that need to be chased and are special.

Nothing changes.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/11/2015 8:57:30 AM
..or even about men who may want sex in addition to taking her and her 5 kids out for dinner each night..
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 12:18:14 PM

^^^ In my experience it generally IS the man's choice.
To risk sounding like a broken record, 'intimidating' is a word that is often used about me and other accomplished women.

"intimidating" is what arrogant women tell themselves to insulate themselves from the truth, which lies elsewhere.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 12:30:53 PM
That particular comment was wondering how would a man know she is richer than him without doing a credit check.

quote]He has no idea if she makes more money than he does.
So he looks at her picture, quickly skims her profile (if that) and decides she is dateable.
He sends out a 'let's meet' and (glory of glories!) she not only responds, she says yes.

He sees the newer-model car she drove.
He sees she's in a 'suit'.
Her fingernails are done, her hair is perfect.
HE DECIDES she is too high maintenance for him and, besides, there really wasn't a spark and she probably wouldn't enjoy the same things he does - those fingernails couldn't stand a day of camping or fishing.
I think Butterchicken was right in post 111 - maybe his ego couldn't take it.

Besides, it's never really a matter of how much money either of them make, it's more a matter of how much they KEEP.

This makes no sense, like your other post. First you state that "He has no idea if she makes more money than he does.". Then you explain exactly how he knows she has money :"He sees the newer-model car she drove.
Her fingernails are done, her hair is perfect."

I never assumed that a man could determine if she had money by her profile. I assumed that he had more concrete reasons, like actually meeting and talking and getting an idea of her financial state.

I'd love to continue with this, but you are ridiculous and purposely close-minded.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:09:49 PM

The trouble with this train of thought is that isn't who the guy really is. Then when you "allow" him to be who he really is and he happens to use coupons if he chooses, you say, "This isn't who you were when I met you, you've changed and I find your use of coupons disgusting and cheap." If you're not the one paying for something, what business is it of yours how it's done?

Is anybody who they really are on a first date or even the first six months or so of dating? At the very least you are trying to put your best foot forward. I wouldn't use coupons on a first date. I am not oppose to using them but by using them right away I may be conveying something I do not want to convey. I think showing ones "true self" should be a strip tease and not jumping out of a cake. If the relationship turns out to be long term she/he will get it all. Does using coupons mean I am cheap...no but could it be perceived as such, perhaps. I would rather her know who I am then trying to connect the dots. Especially when the dots she is using are really not the significant ones.
 2ufo
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:21:16 PM
nth...

This makes no sense, like your other post. First you state that "He has no idea if she makes more money than he does.". Then you explain exactly how he knows she has money :"He sees the newer-model car she drove.
Her fingernails are done, her hair is perfect."

He makes a judgment based on external criteria which may or may not be valid.
Just because she drives a newer model car (maybe it's rented, maybe it's borrowed, maybe's it's the workplace),
wears a suit (probably required by position or maybe she's dressing for the position she wants),
and has her fingernails/hair done (you do know that most of the time we do that ourselves)
None of this means she makes more money than him.

I never assumed that a man could determine if she had money by her profile. I assumed that he had more concrete reasons, like actually meeting and talking and getting an idea of her financial state.

Talking with her would probably give him a better idea of her financial state, but probably not the entire picture.

I'd love to continue with this, but you are ridiculous and purposely close-minded.

That's ok, I know you're intimidated as well as close-minded.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:28:22 PM

That's ok, I know you're intimidated as well as close-minded.

What are you, grade 6? You don't use the other persons line back at them. "I know you are, but what am I?" Intimidated? Hahaha! I'm toying with you son!

“Never get into an argument with an idiot. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”

I’m not going to continue, as you are an obsessive type who will never let go or allow your mind to be changed, or even opened. You illogically twist things to meet your preconceived notions. It would take far too long to address and undo every error in your rhetoric, and for every point I try to correct, you will create several more tangents. This discussion would be like the Hydra: every time I defeat one of your statements, two more will pop up.
 gtomustang
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:28:59 PM
its been decades since I applied for a job, years since I had a lunch with a salesman trying to land a contract. But, I think the idea is still the same--put a good foot forward. Partly to make themselves look good, but also to sell me the idea that I am worth so much to them as a customer, that I am worth pulling out all the stops for. that they think highly enough of me, to want to be remembered by me with awe.

Paying for dinners that goes nowhere each time, I guess is a bit like always having sex with someone who can't get me to orgasm. Either way, I feel the other person got the better half the time we both shared. Having said that, a free date with someone who sucks is....still a waste of time. Trying to buy a fun time rarely seems to work out. Either the two of us fit, and what we do is background noise, or we fit and the time we share is heightened as a result, or we don't fit and the potentially-exciting date fizzles out, or we don't fit and....screw it, I have a good time in spite of all that.

the more you know about yourself and what you want, the more you may be able to tell when a date isn't going to work. there are profiles I look at, and hesitate to respond b/c I can just read we aren't a good match but...darn their photo looks hot. sometimes I take a shot, and send an email that isn't answered, other times I don't waste my time. I suspect tho, we are all experts at finding what we look for. humans tend to do that.
 2ufo
Msg: 143
Posted: 12/11/2015 1:34:37 PM
nth...

LOL!

Since it makes you feel superior to think this is some kind of competition and you're winning... continue on.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/11/2015 2:16:01 PM
GOD, if I only had a buck for each time I have heard a woman bragging/whining/ excusing her lack of dating success by saying that men are all "intimidated " by her. One who complained to me about that was a local jail guard. ..ooh, yes such a high powered prestigious position..maybe the jail birds are intimidated?
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2015 9:35:11 AM

Does using coupons mean I am cheap...no but could it be perceived as such, perhaps. I would rather her know who I am then trying to connect the dots. Especially when the dots she is using are really not the significant ones.

And no matter when you decide to start using them, she'll still have the same opinion of them. If you're the type of person that uses coupons, use coupons. It doesn't matter if its your first date or your 50th, that's YOUR money that you're spending, it's YOUR choice if you use a coupon or not. Don't just know who you are, BE who you are. If that's not good enough for some girl who judges your entire worth on whether or not you used a coupon on your first date, then fine, you didn't need her.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 146
Posted: 12/26/2015 9:36:49 AM
My coupons keep expiring, so they're a moot point.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/26/2015 9:47:45 AM

My coupons keep expiring, so they're a moot point.

There'll be more in the mail soon.

Carls Jr, Wienerschnitzel, Del Taco, Arby's, Subway, Black Angus.............
 mike11093
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2015 10:32:34 AM
Little late here, but...

First, the idea that independent women do not expect men to pay. This is false. I know plenty of gals who live on their own, pay their bills and still go out with the expectation of the man paying for the date...it's a ludicrous thought for a man to go out assuming a woman go halfsies. That's a sure-fire way to end up in the friend-zone.

Second, I must be a scumbag, because I'm terrible with money. I get it; I spend it. I lack the discipline to follow a budget (I pay my bills, at least). With that in mind, that shouldn't matter. I'm amazed at what some people write on this topic, but then claim to be pursuing love. A person's financials have nothing to do with anything concerning a relationship.

And, before I move on, I wanted to say; I've been passed over before because I, with my impeccable irresponsibility with money, have bad credit. A series of procedures deemed "not medically necessary" by the VA (all in relation to a bullet in my leg) have put me so far in debt that I don't see a logical end to it.

Maybe the reason I'm still single has nothing to do with my own attitude toward anything. Maybe the real issue at hand here is the fact that I'm not a financially sound choice...and maybe, just maybe, that's the real issue with relationships today.

I guess this goes back to the "greed" thing I was saying in another thread: "What can YOU do for me?"
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/26/2015 12:02:03 PM

Maybe the real issue at hand here is the fact that I'm not a financially sound choice...and maybe, just maybe, that's the real issue with relationships today.

Second, I must be a scumbag, because I'm terrible with money. I get it; I spend it.

Well, keep in mind that you won't be a "scumbag" as long as you're spending money on them.

And when it runs out, they will just move on to the next guy who wants to spend.

Being financially sound in and of itself holds little appeal for most women if you're not spending your money on them (seen as "generous"), just on yourself (seen as "selfish"), or not at all (seen as "miserly").
 SLAFFA
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/26/2015 5:57:33 PM
EVOLUTION 101. Or Dating 101. Call it whatever you want to. Continuation of the species.

A woman's most basic programming is to seek a "successful" man. [who is more likely to be "better" father material]

MOST men will see an "attractive" woman and BOING! If nothing else, the thought gets planted.

Complaining about our most basic Human Instincts will only make OLD or any kind of "dating" much harder.

Despite what many Forum women say, most men would likely fare better here with at least a pic or two illustrating in a "nice way" that they in fact ARE "successful".
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Income factor when dating women. Is money really an issue?