Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 loveisatemple
Msg: 126
Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guyPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I have concluded the men critical of "cougars" are just sexist hypocrites who want the option to date younger forevermore, and really hate when women date younger, or this is a general trend, of women doing what men have done for ages, because it makes their options narrower, or it is a competition in their warped minds.

The young ones have plenty of suitors so they only date older if he's really$$, and women dating younger is another insult and indicator of their own aging or limited options.

So, they think shaming her works. Funny. People will do whatever they mutually decide.

As for op, I have no advice, as each situation is different. You have to look at your own heart in this and forget strangers' opinions.
 Maleman999
Msg: 128
Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy
Posted: 11/15/2015 6:34:29 AM
If the OP and the guy were to get married, I wonder how uncomfortable it would be for the OP's grown kids, who are only a few years younger than the guy, to refer to him as their stepdad, and for the guy to refer to them as his stepkids, and the guy's infant kids to be step brother/sister to the OP's kids.
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/15/2015 6:46:20 AM
Love, I am simply educating these hapless women who think these young guys are dating them. The young guys don't see it as dating, that is the imagery of a relationsip. The young guys see it as not dating, but boinking. Nothing more. It's sad for me to see how easily manipulated some older women are. And when they are too old for being boinked, they will look at their lives, devoid of relationships, devoid of love, considered abhorrent by their own children, and wonder where they went wrong. A twenty seven year old young man with a forty five year old women? Absurd.

No skin off my back. If my son was dating a middle aged woman, I would probably tell him to have a good time, but don't bring her home for dinner.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/15/2015 7:27:34 AM
Morning....still whining about women dating younger...OMG!
The world will come to an end.....what if they.....or the children....on and on??

If the OP and the guy were to get married, I wonder how uncomfortable it would be for the OP's grown kids, who are only a few years younger than the guy, to refer to him as their stepdad, and for the guy to refer to them as his stepkids, and the guy's infant kids to be step brother/sister to the OP's kids.

Some people lead a sheltered life, if they have never seen an age disparity in children and unusual types of family dynamics, other than your small pea head brains can relate to.
What about the man who has grown children and marries the younger wife and has another younger generation of children.?
My step dad did that.....so what? We were one big happy family....with half brothers and step siblings.
Big secret is when I was on my own and dating.....I had enough common sense to own my choices, for it was on me....good or bad.
No one else's business....imagine that!!

If my son was dating a middle aged woman, I would probably tell him to have a good time, but don't bring her home for dinner.

No surprise there....lol.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 131
Posted: 11/15/2015 7:42:19 AM

Message #120:
"areyoukiddingmoi" is a repeat troll/sock who has been coming back here again and again and again...he's had dozens of names but his cadence is always the same. He's had loads of other identities..he's deleted over and over and over and his current identity will be zapped shortly as well.

Best course of action: Ignore him. He just hates that.

+100

Message #137:
Morning....still whining about women dating younger...OMG!

Don't feed the troll. LH has not been in the forums for months, he's STILL whining about her in the violence and women thread. He has shown to have deep-seated feelings of anger towards women.
 cookymaker
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2015 7:54:44 AM
Trolls and annoying posts are like stray cats.
If you stop feeding them, they eventually GO AWAY
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 133
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:15:44 AM
Really, Lh has not been around? Gee I wonder what the problem is? She was such a positive person. Had only good things to say about guys, her dates, her hiking partners, her bosses, the police, prosecutors. I can't imagine why anyone would not want her posting on this board. Don't you worry LLL about LH'S fate, Eunuchs are welcome by the women here. But do you ever get tired of their patting you on your head?
 rennips1949
Msg: 134
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:22:19 AM
Funny how some posts speculate that these young men are just "using" older women "for sex"-and other posts are all worried about what will happen if a younger man with small children marries an older woman with grown(or nearly grown) children...
Which is it, folks? Are these young bucks just using older women as weinie warmers, or is there actually a good chance that some younger guy/older woman interaction could become serious?
Not trying to feed any trolls, but I will make the observation that there seem to be some seriously head-f*cked guys hanging out on these forums. If there really are a lot of these types out there IRL, no wonder older unpartnered women are perfectly fine with not disturbing their lives.

I'll admit, I sometimes struggle with the idea of older women having FwB or other "less committed" forms of sexual gratification. But I am beginning to see,and undestand, how dating to form a committed relationship can be something of a minefield for ALL older people.

This is why I signed up for PoF-to participate in the forums,in order to(hopefully) gain some insights.
And I am, although I find some of those insights somewhat unsettling.
 55catmando
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:39:15 AM
I remember prior to the age restriction came in that I would get at least one message a week, sometimes more, from some 20 something that thought he could rock my world. Many of us in the over 45 age group have stayed this. And no, I don't think it's always the young men using older women for sex, in fact, I think the opposite...I think the older woman is using the younger guy for sex, for fun, for a boost in self esteem. And no, I don't think there is a good chance of it becoming something serious.

I've always said "sex is just sex". But the OP has involved an upset daughter, two sons, the young guys mother and his two baby children. This changes things, IMO. Feed your needs however you choose, keep it private, keep it discreet. After seeing this guy for barely two months...she has the village involved. Dumb, IMO.

And in defence of a few "seriously head-f*cked guys hanging out in these forums", please....I think it's pretty even in the gender head-f*cked department.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:58:23 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^I feel you're one of the worse types of women on here.
Always siding with these sob's just to denigrate another woman.....totally blows my mind.
Commandeering them to vote off the women you are jealous over or rubbing your hands together with glee when a woman like LH is removed.
Sorry.....that's how I view it......these forums have gone to the dogs because "you" are one that encouraged this.
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/15/2015 9:19:15 AM
Mr. Rennips, the old lady is back. Rennips, why don't you just admit you are female and for God's sake quit whining all of the time. You and LLL, peas of a pod...did either of you old ladies ever ask yourselves why no one is interested?
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/15/2015 9:29:49 AM

Holy cow, you post like it's a war and cat is a traitor instead of simply exercising her right to express her opinions. These boards have gone to hell because female baitches and hags, with the help of gender questionable people like rennips and LLL started to quash opinions and label people they did not like as trolls. Your master cow dung slinger may be gone.. but many of you hags are completely at fault for ruination of the boards.

Cat was a victim of you all, as apparently we're many of your x husbands.

And LH was a horrible person, who always put men down with the empowerment of the other hags always in support. Best I can tell, she had few redeeming qualities, She represented narcissism...it's all about me as much as any woman here.

55catmando
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/15/2015 9:31:04 AM
OMG. Have you read the forums? Have you read the posts of "some" women on here? So I stick up for men at times, why, because I am not one of the perpetual victims/hear me roar women that sees this as an us vs. them gender war and I never have. I can look at both sides, my world is not black and white. And it's okay for Rennips to make a comment about f*cked up men but when the tables are turned ..... nope, can't do that, can't say anything about women.

And anther OMG, jealous of LH, gimme a break. And she will be here in 20 years still telling the world how perfect she is, still with a list of requirements, still making fun of her dates and still single. IMO, she is a stupid woman. Jealous, I'm jealous of someone like 2ufo and her intelligence and logic, and I'd love to have Pennyante's body. But someone like LH, not a chance.

And another OMG, just where was your outrage when Crookcatcher was removed...again. Or CharminC....again. Or Pig....again. And many, many others. Who removed them, who was jealous of them? Did you run your hands with glee when you removed them, the others or me? See, you're part of the problem too.
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/15/2015 9:41:31 AM
In LH'S favor, she does obviously suffer from a pretty significant personality disorder, so maybe she can't be blamed, but there is no excuse for old ladies like rennips or LLL, or some of the other naturally born old ladies here.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/15/2015 9:46:54 AM
It is fascinating to me how you two ALWAYS work as a "Tag-Team", following each other threads and defending each other. I am surprised you are using the right gender profiles this time. So predictable.
 55catmando
Msg: 142
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:04:39 AM
^^^ You know Love2Laugh, we had a few back and forth messages before I was removed...about the time you were removed and then went through a few weeks of having your photos removed. I had empathy for you, we commiserated. I've always thought you a nice enough guy, a little odd like the rest of us, but more than nice enough. So why the outrage over LH but none for the others I mentioned? Crookcatcher, for example, the nicest guy ever...polite, charming, attractive and not nasty. He even came back a week or so ago with a totally new name and was removed. Why? And by who? And why not any outrage from the rest on here? See, this is why I get angry. But no one else does. I get angry, comment about the removals and I get removed. I'm sure I'll be gone by Monday, for three reasons mainly, I don't suck up to the few vocal women, I at times stick up for men and I bytch about people being removed. It seems everyone is entitled to an opinion...almost everyone. Almost everyone unless your name is Crookcatcher, me, Charmin, Pig and more, many more. Show some outrage at the removal of "the rest".
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:13:58 AM

So why the outrage over LH but none for the others I mentioned?

Could it be because you keep showing a really weird obsession with her? She's been gone for months dude, give it up.

And there was plenty of outrage expressed when the others were deleted. It's just that nobody here is saying bad things about them, so nobody feels compelled to defend them.
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 144
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:19:16 AM
^^^^^ You can't reason with that "cuckold". He has no passion, no ideals, no sense of righteousness. He, like Rennips, is clearly the type who has never stood for anything or anyone in his life. Obedient little yes men to the women who control them. What else can you say about them?

Yes, these hags and old ladies and old lady like guys like tall, rennips and LLL are responsible for the carnage here. None of these hags or old ladies have ever spoken up for some of those whose profiles were terminated by these vicious, embittered hags.

That is why I have concluded there are no rules here.

That's why I say what I want.

And yes, women who want to regularly fuk guys young enough to be their sons are totally and completely fuked in the head, and obviously have zero egos. . . which is sad. And you know me well enough to know Cat that I am not competing in the market place, I am not embittered, and if I was available, I would have more than enough women interested in me.

This is not bitterness on my end talking . . . I am just speaking truth and fact, because that is what this place needs.
 55catmando
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:27:29 AM

Could it be because you keep showing a really weird obsession with her? She's been gone for months dude, give it up.

And there was plenty of outrage expressed when the others were deleted. It's just that nobody here is saying bad things about them, so nobody feels compelled to defend them.

I think you have your posters mixed up. I'm not a dude and I don't have a "weird obsession" about her.

And please, can you post one quote where someone showed outrage over Crookcatcher being removed. Just one. I'm not even asking for a quote of outrage when his new profile under a different name was removed last week. Or CharminC..removed twice and then 3 more times as Whitetigress. Or the guy who changed his name every month or so, Supersoulson or whoever he became, Witness something. All afraid to come back.
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:29:39 AM
Halftime . . if you were truly friends with Literate Hiker, than you really should have tried to help her. Did it ever occur to you that her expressions on this board were of a person deeply unhappy and unable to have a relationship with a man . . despite the fact there was every indication that is what she wanted.

If she was such a good friend, what did you do to try to help her? Did you talk to her . . . tell her that she needed to be more accepting of other people, maybe she should seek therapy for herself? Or did you just feed her massive sense of entitlement for herself? I'm really curious about that. The women needed help . . . and all the hags and old ladies did for her was to push her down the path of her obvious personality disorder.

Never did the old ladies here suggest that she was too demanding, or suggest ways that she could better herself. That is disgusting, considering they pretended to be her friend.

^^^^^^Cat, I am pretty sure I have shown outrage here . . . about Crook, about Pig, about KJ . . . about others victims of pitiful people here or working from the shadows. . . and yet almost everybody was quiet.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:39:39 AM

And please, can you post one quote where someone showed outrage over Crookcatcher being removed

Well, I did. So I know there was at least one. But I'm not going to bother going through posting history, or dig through pages and pages of threads to find it.

And I was in regular conversation with Charmin - I offered her advice off the forums on how I thought she could create a profile that wouldn't get deleted immediately.

I don't remember the third guy you mentioned.
 55catmando
Msg: 148
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:12:32 AM
The third guy, Witnesstomythoughts, was from Vancouver too. You'd recognize him if you saw him..he was here for a long time and then removed about the time Charmin started gettin removed. We were all supposed to meet in Vancouver in the summer, a bunch of us, but it turned out just to be Charmin and me. At first there was going to be about 10 of us..but plans fall apart.

So they keep getting removed and after awhile are too afraid to come back or can't be bothered. Who kept removing KJ? I could go on.
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 149
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:17:29 AM
^^^^^Yea he was a very nice guy, and also suffered from deep depression at times, as he admitted. And yet the scum here decided to remove him, despite the fact he never said anything negative, that I saw, about anybody or anything.

And I must say, that anybody who chose not to be your friend because you were friendly with me is a person devoid of the qualities you would want in a person to be your friend. I'm telling you, some of these woman are incredibly fuked in the head. You see it, so do many others. The difference is you speak up about it.
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 150
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:19:23 AM
One other thing, since I am still posting, and since the old hags have been reporting me, I would have to guess that automatic deletion is no longer valid, and that somebody needs to be around to push the nuke button. Interesting. I guess there is no staff around on Sundays.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy