Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 151
Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guyPage 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Halftime....There's no need to defend who you are to them......your posting history speaks for itself.
I do not condone anyone getting removed but a few may have deserved it....meh!
I know who I voted on to be removed.....2 people and one was by request and another on my own......No one is the boss of me.
The people on here are not my friends, although I prefer some over others....they know who they are.
Some actually contribute something....others just stir the pot.
I don't break down and cry if someone gets removed from this shit show....rolls eyes!

Cat has a habit of sticking up for this particular POS all the time....It's got absolutely nothing to do with men against women, for me.
And if you think my post was outrage over just LH's removal.....you're wrong....quit siding with this POS.
But while we're on the topic....she has a right to date and **** about them all she wants.....same as Karma.
Why would I care? At least their dating someone....
She was much more interesting than you and your lame buddy....

and since the old hags have been reporting me

Oh please...quit flattering yourself.....why would anyone try to delete you....you have numerous ongoing profiles.

vvvvvvvvvSpeaking of POS....bawhahahaha
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 152
Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:42:28 AM
^^^^

No one is the boss of me.

You got a real problem don't you? You have said this how many times now, especially under your Whistler ID. Geeze, talk about some sort of inferiority complex. You need to keep telling us how tough you are?

she has a right to date and **** about them all she wants.....same as Karma.

Of course people have the right to date. Its very telling though about who a person chooses to date.

It would never occur to you that you are trying to boss Cat around would it, telling her she can not side with men she agrees with. . . but nobody has the right to boss you around.

The Hypocrisy of you old ladies who have caused so much harm on what used to be some damn good message boards, until you got your panties in wringer over people posting things you didn't like.

I don't break down and cry if someone gets removed from this shit show....rolls eyes!

No you don't, because you are a fuking baitch, a nasty one at that. Nobody would expect somebody like you to have any sense of justice or the injustice of innocent people being targeted by the old hags here who are so filled with hate and contempt for their lot in life.
 rennips1949
Msg: 153
Posted: 11/15/2015 12:05:38 PM

No you don't, because you are a fuking baitch, a nasty one at that. Nobody would expect somebody like you to have any sense of justice or the injustice of innocent people being targeted by the old hags here who are so filled with hate and contempt for their lot in life.

How is this even remotely connected to the OT?

The OP asked for thoughts, advice, opinions on her concern. She seems to have gotten a mixed bag of responses, I sincerely hope she wasn't expecting some sort of conscensus or a clear directive of what to do.
How people react to a couple with a marked age gap in much dependent on the social environment the couple operates in.
Lots of adult and near-adult children have doubts and concerns about their parent dating or forming a relationship, even when the age and backgound are similar. And lots of adult children are happy for their parent if the parent finds a new SO or has an active dating life.

From a personal standpoint, I do not want to date a woman 20 years my junior. I don't understand women who want to date men 20 years younger, but it's not my place to lecture them.
 55catmando
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/15/2015 12:06:34 PM
This:

^^^^^^^^^^^^I feel you're one of the worse types of women on here.
Always siding with these sob's just to denigrate another woman.....totally blows my mind.
Commandeering them to vote off the women you are jealous over or rubbing your hands together with glee when a woman like LH is removed.
Sorry.....that's how I view it......these forums have gone

You mentioned LH, not me. I responded to your comments about being jealous. So if I disagree with you or LH or Martha or Susie suddenly I'm jealous? Geezus.

And just so you know, I don't always agree with "this particular POS" and have many times told him to back off or STFU but it has about as much affect as telling anyone on here how to think or what to write. Same with disagreeing with a handful of the women posters on here...it goes nowhere. I will not support a comment I disagree with just because the comment comes from another woman and many of you women look at it like this...like I'm some sort of vagina traitor. And I get tired of the victim mentality, all men are pigs, us vs. them, gender bashing and using emotion and estrogen instead of logic. I also get tired of the Demidar attitudes as well, really tired. BUT, in each group there is many times a valid point.

As for Karma, I have tried to get this thread back on track...it ain't about Karma, it's about another woman and her daughter. And yes, I have an opinion. So what.

And you're right, it is a shit show. Remember when it used to be fun...3 years ago, 5 years ago. Way more posters, lots of back and forth, lots of opinions. Forum friends. I have one forum friend on here I've been corresponding with for close to 7 years. I've met half a dozen in person, met their kids. Shit show, yup.

Edit to add: Moi, quit jumping in, I can speak for myself. So STFU.
 Viper1j
Msg: 155
Posted: 11/15/2015 7:58:05 PM

I am 45 and I consider myself a cougar and have always dated guys younger than me. The guy that Ive been dating is 27 and we get along really well and is really easy going. Problem is my daughter keeps saying its gross because my oldest son is 25, she is almost 21, and I have a son that is 23.

Am I wrong for dating a guy so much younger than me? Should I quit seeing him since she has a problem with it? Or how can I get her to be more accepting? Opinions please?

Didn't Chris Hansen ask you to have a seat once on To Catch A Predator?
 JujuO12
Msg: 156
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:08:36 PM
I agree with your daughter. I think this is your sad effort to feel attractive. That you are so attractive younger men want you, but would they want you if you werent paying all the bills??? And let's be totally honest YOU are paying all the bills. She sees them using you and in the end she knows you will be alone. She is wiser than you.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 157
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:35:47 PM
juju012- People that want to use someone for money are not grouped by gender or age.
We are only 2 years apart in age. (I must say, lookin' good, whatever you are doing, keep it up)
Would I date someone THAT much younger than me? No, I wouldn't.
For me, it's about what we might have in common.
I have a 21 year old daughter.
What I know, for sure, is that she would want me to be happy.
IF I wanted to date that much younger than me, if it made me happy, she would support me in that.
You COULD be right about the OP, I just don't know.
But not everyone that dates younger than them is doing it to feel attractive.
There are NO guarantees in life, people can date only in their age range and it STILL might not work out.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:47:00 PM
pureheart

You know it wont last and perhaps a more age appropriate man will come along...... perhaps. I imagine your daughter is hoping and praying that one or both of you will get bored and it will be over,....... soon.
 Viper1j
Msg: 159
Posted: 11/15/2015 9:01:17 PM

juju012- People that want to use someone for money are not grouped by gender or age.
We are only 2 years apart in age. (I must say, lookin' good, whatever you are doing, keep it up)
Would I date someone THAT much younger than me? No, I wouldn't.
For me, it's about what we might have in common.
I have a 21 year old daughter.
What I know, for sure, is that she would want me to be happy.
IF I wanted to date that much younger than me, if it made me happy, she would support me in that.
You COULD be right about the OP, I just don't know.
But not everyone that dates younger than them is doing it to feel attractive.
There are NO guarantees in life, people can date only in their age range and it STILL might not work out.

Bet you wouldn't say that to the creepy guy hanging around the high schools...

Just sayin'.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 160
Posted: 11/15/2015 9:13:33 PM
Viper1j- You are 100% correct about THAT.
High school-minor children.
This OP is NOT seeing minors.
BIG difference.
When and where, do we draw the line with our children?
I would say when our children are NO longer children, but at an age where we are BOTH adults.
We never stop being parents, but at some point, there HAS to be some boundaries between a parent and an ADULT child.
Let's reverse the situation, say the OP was asking for advice about her daughter and the daughter were seeing someone OLDER.
I think we would be telling her that her daughter is an adult, but while she might not agree with her choices, they are her choices and, as an adult, she needs to let her daughter make her own choices.
We shouldn't change that advice, simply because this is a woman dating younger men.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 1:11:48 AM
55catmando

Do you think the older woman is going to get to meet the younger guy's mother and family.???? I kind of doubt it. Once she starts wanting the relationship to be legitimate and out in the open, he will be gone.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 162
Posted: 11/16/2015 1:34:32 AM
Not that it matters, but the entire point of the thread was indeed to marginalize Karma. A troll fest from the original post and onward, at its lowest.

However, the topic is interesting: it seems that (older) women shouldn't make their own reproductive/relationship choices without criticism especially from other (venomous) females whom are dripping with resentment and disdain. To them, the active women are "sluts," because they have options and choices and utilize those, much in the same way older men do when they pursue younger women ( and are defended by the madam spewer, incidentally), in such exchanges.

This is what's it's been, all along...
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 164
Posted: 11/16/2015 6:32:06 AM

Message #149:
^^^ You know Love2Laugh, we had a few back and forth messages before I was removed...about the time you were removed and then went through a few weeks of having your photos removed. I had empathy for you, we commiserated. I've always thought you a nice enough guy, a little odd like the rest of us, but more than nice enough. So why the outrage over LH but none for the others I mentioned? Crookcatcher, for example, the nicest guy ever...polite, charming, attractive and not nasty. He even came back a week or so ago with a totally new name and was removed. Why? And by who? And why not any outrage from the rest on here? See, this is why I get angry. But no one else does. I get angry, comment about the removals and I get removed. I'm sure I'll be gone by Monday, for three reasons mainly, I don't suck up to the few vocal women, I at times stick up for men and I bytch about people being removed. It seems everyone is entitled to an opinion...almost everyone. Almost everyone unless your name is Crookcatcher, me, Charmin, Pig and more, many more. Show some outrage at the removal of "the rest".

Instead of why the outrage about LH, a better question should be why the obsession about her, like some people here have shown. It shows a vindictive personality. The woman has not been here for months for God’s sake! We show what we are by our actions, especially the way we treat others in the forum.

Most of us have been removed. I already explained to you that in my opinion there is no rhyme or reason as to why some people are removed while others stay. Why would I get angry and show outrage because I was removed?

Unlike your multiprofiler friend, my life does not evolve around the internet. Besides, your friend knows how easy is to create a profile and return to participate. All of those that have been removed always have the choice to create a new profile and return to the forum, just like I did. For me, there is no point in getting worked up about something totally inconsequential.
 south_city
Msg: 165
Posted: 11/16/2015 6:48:42 AM

she has a right to date and **** about them all she wants.....

The first part is true. However when a person is constantly complaining about how bad and/or boring their dates are, they should at least reevaluate their dating approach instead of keep repeating the same things. That's the problem some people had with LH and others.
 JujuO12
Msg: 166
Posted: 11/16/2015 1:20:06 PM
I have a 30 year old son and HE would want me happy with an age appropriate man. My ex husband was 10 years younger and that is the very limit at which I would go... And I doubt I would go that young now.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/16/2015 3:33:36 PM
No, the problem they had with LH and others is that they had plenty of room to date AND complain. And yes, the women and their sexuality and active dating lives were often targets of hate criticism, because of jealousy.

tangofish
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:09:38 PM

I have a 30 year old son and HE would want me happy with an age appropriate man

So I take it you won't be reading my cards, this is terrible news.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:20:19 PM
viper

totally inappropriate co-relation, you are talking about a paedophile preying on young girls probably with the intent to either expose himself and/or abduction to rape and kill. Hardly the same scenario as a woman and a younger male having consensual relations. Get real.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:34:54 PM
Your daughter doesnt HAVE to accept anything.

She will be your daughter a lot longer than he will be interested in you.
What happened to being D- skreet?
 Viper1j
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:53:40 PM

Viper1j- You are 100% correct about THAT.
High school-minor children.
This OP is NOT seeing minors.
BIG difference.
When and where, do we draw the line with our children?
I would say when our children are NO longer children, but at an age where we are BOTH adults.
We never stop being parents, but at some point, there HAS to be some boundaries between a parent and an ADULT child.
Let's reverse the situation, say the OP was asking for advice about her daughter and the daughter were seeing someone OLDER.
I think we would be telling her that her daughter is an adult, but while she might not agree with her choices, they are her choices and, as an adult, she needs to let her daughter make her own choices.
We shouldn't change that advice, simply because this is a woman dating younger men.

So, you're saying that you would have absolutely no problem with your 21-year-old daughter looking up with 83-year-old Hugh Hefner.

Well if nothing else I admire your level of open-mindedness.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 172
Posted: 11/16/2015 6:10:02 PM
Viper!j- My daughter has had the same boyfriend since they were both 15.
Hugh Hefner is not a personal acquaintance of ours. :D
 JujuO12
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/16/2015 6:21:38 PM

So I take it you won't be reading my cards, this is terrible news.

Yea my kids would love that...... I can not see myself dating someone the age of my kids. WE are in two different time zones in our lives. When I start to look like a 50 year old woman he will be long gone......I am looking for someone who will be around when I look old worn out and tired. ....... AND still love me.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 174
Posted: 11/16/2015 7:53:29 PM

My daughter has had the same boyfriend since they were both 15.

Isn't that great...one of mine has been too!
As for Hugh Hefner being with an 18 year old....I think he has some close to that young, they're called caregivers....lol.
 south_city
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:35:42 PM

No, the problem they had with LH and others is that they had plenty of room to date AND complain. And yes, the women and their sexuality and active dating lives were often targets of hate criticism, because of jealousy.

Maybe some people did criticize LH because of what you said. But my main problem with her was what I had mentioned in my previous post. There were other people that agreed with me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy