Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tangofish
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guyPage 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

I have a 30 year old son and HE would want me happy with an age appropriate man

So I take it you won't be reading my cards, this is terrible news.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:20:19 PM
viper

totally inappropriate co-relation, you are talking about a paedophile preying on young girls probably with the intent to either expose himself and/or abduction to rape and kill. Hardly the same scenario as a woman and a younger male having consensual relations. Get real.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:34:54 PM
Your daughter doesnt HAVE to accept anything.

She will be your daughter a lot longer than he will be interested in you.
What happened to being D- skreet?
 Viper1j
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:53:40 PM

Viper1j- You are 100% correct about THAT.
High school-minor children.
This OP is NOT seeing minors.
BIG difference.
When and where, do we draw the line with our children?
I would say when our children are NO longer children, but at an age where we are BOTH adults.
We never stop being parents, but at some point, there HAS to be some boundaries between a parent and an ADULT child.
Let's reverse the situation, say the OP was asking for advice about her daughter and the daughter were seeing someone OLDER.
I think we would be telling her that her daughter is an adult, but while she might not agree with her choices, they are her choices and, as an adult, she needs to let her daughter make her own choices.
We shouldn't change that advice, simply because this is a woman dating younger men.

So, you're saying that you would have absolutely no problem with your 21-year-old daughter looking up with 83-year-old Hugh Hefner.

Well if nothing else I admire your level of open-mindedness.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 172
Posted: 11/16/2015 6:10:02 PM
Viper!j- My daughter has had the same boyfriend since they were both 15.
Hugh Hefner is not a personal acquaintance of ours. :D
 JujuO12
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/16/2015 6:21:38 PM

So I take it you won't be reading my cards, this is terrible news.

Yea my kids would love that...... I can not see myself dating someone the age of my kids. WE are in two different time zones in our lives. When I start to look like a 50 year old woman he will be long gone......I am looking for someone who will be around when I look old worn out and tired. ....... AND still love me.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 174
Posted: 11/16/2015 7:53:29 PM

My daughter has had the same boyfriend since they were both 15.

Isn't that great...one of mine has been too!
As for Hugh Hefner being with an 18 year old....I think he has some close to that young, they're called caregivers....lol.
 south_city
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:35:42 PM

No, the problem they had with LH and others is that they had plenty of room to date AND complain. And yes, the women and their sexuality and active dating lives were often targets of hate criticism, because of jealousy.

Maybe some people did criticize LH because of what you said. But my main problem with her was what I had mentioned in my previous post. There were other people that agreed with me.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:54:22 PM
I find it hard to believe that posters have the power to vote people off a public forum. If it so, it is a disgrace. Whatever happened to free speech? We are supposed to live in a democracy.

tangofish
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 10:08:21 PM

WE are in two different time zones in our lives.

I used to live in El Paso TX... Horrible city.

But yeah, no, I was talking about reading my cards from a distance.
 JujuO12
Msg: 178
Posted: 11/17/2015 4:31:53 AM
I mean we are in two different times in our lives. I have different expectations from the men I date at this age then I did in my 20's or 30's. One of the reason I question the choices of the OP. I mean look around at the number of women in their 60's and 70'a with 30 and 40 year old men.... Time stand still for no man OR WOMAN. No future in the fronting.
 Viper1j
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/17/2015 7:44:06 AM

As for Hugh Hefner being with an 18 year old....I think he has some close to that young, they're called caregivers....lol.

And several cases of little blue pills.. ;p
 Organization13
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2015 7:43:07 AM
Maybe your daughter likes this guy and wants to date him. Just being honest. Lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Daughter has a problem with mne dating a younger guy