Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 26
Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Oh For Goodness Sakes!

Stop dragging that Dead Horse around! Free yourself!

LOL, I'm right there beside ya, kj!
In fact, from my profile, my Headliner
Ladyinred4755: "Isn't the horse dead yet?"

( she does a Google search for "Front-end loader". All the better to dig a big hole with.)

With regard to one's "Marital status", with or with out a partner, etc etc, here in POF here in the Forums:

Good advice, bad advice, can be given by anyone. Good/bad/anything in between, opinions are offered by anyone.
Life experiences, from which we draw our advice or opinions, varies from one person to another, regardless of our past or current, "Marital status". Our perspective of any given subject can be as different as night and day. Some days we are right on the money, and some days not so much.

It is one thing to have a different view point. To see the world we live in, far different from the "guy next door".

It is a completely different matter when one takes their opinion, their view point and claims the reasons for this, that and the other thing is .......................
SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT. BLAME EVERYONE ELSE!
It's HER fault! It's HIS fault. It's THEIR fault!

Sheesh, Cry me a river!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 27
Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....
Posted: 11/14/2015 11:07:51 AM

You could create an account, a girl hit you up, you chat and exchange numbers and then set up a meet to greet and you eventually hit it off because the expectations weren't so high or there were none at all. You really met the person you were talking to

Yes, I miss them , too.

And not just POF, but most of the main dating sites were like that.

Even Craigslist was decent in the beginning.
Then most of them degenerated into the situation they are today.
 five-marie
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2015 11:09:27 AM
I've been in here forever and things have changed, everything changes, I've changed. Men complain that all women are gold diggers, women complain all men want sex immediately. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, there's good and bad in both sexes.
Not understanding the rant about women having children, do men not also have children? All these children have a father, can't remember seeing a thread ranting about this.
This is a free site attracting all kinds of people from all kinds of demographics. You're free to leave if it isn't enhancing your life.
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/14/2015 11:40:35 AM
"And the fact that so many have kids...kids kids kids everywhere. It doesn't matter what age, from 24 to....never mind if they are in their 30's."

There are hardly any men around who don't have children. And some of them have kids with three different mom's. You sound bitter that you have to share the relationship instead of having it all to yourself. Like the majority of men, the majority of women also have kids. Maybe seek out those who have no children like you.

I wonder if there is online dating that is specific to folks without children? If not there should be. However, my guess is many of its members would lie about their parent status---just as they do on here.
 tangofish
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2015 11:59:29 AM

You're free to leave if it isn't enhancing your life.

I'm afraid not, POF is like the hotel california where you can't leave, you're only allowed to delete your account. But you can never actually leave, if we could, I'm sure we would have all left the first time we deleted our account.

This could be heaven or this could be hell.

Yeah, no, it's hell.
 daynadaze
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2015 1:21:16 PM
Why is it that most who are crying about gold diggers, have no gold to dig?
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/14/2015 1:28:58 PM

I remember when i used to meet them before, around the same age range and i was a bit younger, they didn't have that many kids. Where did things go wrong.

You answered your own question:

You didn't really meet up for sex but you eventually got intimate and it felt great.

All that freebie sex resulted in human beings. You experienced responsibility-free sex because of your gender. Maybe there are some of yours out there right at this moment. It just might come back to haunt you.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2015 2:00:46 PM
I went on a date last night. He didn't try to f^ck me and I didn't try to take his wallet...lol.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/14/2015 2:06:04 PM

Why is it that most who are crying about gold diggers, have no gold to dig?

Some who cry about gold diggers do have it, but sometimes they are so obsessed with money that the only people they can relate to are ones who are also obsessed with money - it's its own self-fulfilling prophecy.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2015 2:25:22 PM
Naa, we gotta have this subject come up every few days so the women have something to carp about. We ought to know by now, if they don't
have anything to gripe about-they'll explode.
 mike11092
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/14/2015 3:47:25 PM

That was not in his first post. He posted that AFTER getting suckered punched.

See, I was reading his post when Karma replied...I was going to give an incitful response and perhaps try to offer some advice, but then I refreshed and...well, as I said before, when someone alienates a specific group of people off of an un-quantifiable behavior, the discussion is pointless.

So you get laid?

Yes, but it was a vulgar way to represent a point. Something I learned long ago in regards to human interaction, in general, is that there is give and take to both sides. Be it friendships, relationships, one-night-stands...One is usually required to give something up in order to get something back.

This is...um...compounded? Words are failing me...I'll go with compounded. The above concept is compounded exponentially in regards to romantic partners. Why? I have no idea. Maybe because most people have stricter requirements for mates over friends.

With all of the difficulties dating presents, imagine how rewarding it feels when it finally pays off. They say there's someone out there for everyone, but that's a load bullshit. The truth is; life is cold, hard and cruel. The people that succeed, they make the most of what they have, and don't allow the harsh reality to crush their spirit.

This isn't to make a snarky remark about your age, honestly, but, in your experience (which MUST be far greater than mine), can you not apply that "logic" to life in general? I mean, most of the time, it seems like no one wants to put their foot forward and get anything done. They want to dance around issues, make excuses, or blame other people. In MY experience, the people that are the first ones to stick their hands in the shit are the ones that walk away with the best result.

When I'm active on POF, and actually using the site, I don't use it explicitly. It's a tool that supplements my social life. Similar to how I treat Facebook, but I use POF much less frequently. Will that work for everyone? No, of course not, but it's something to consider.

IG:

I also appreciated your little rant there. And, believe me, I've ridden the crazy train so many times I think I'm a preferred customer. Granted, I AM crazy, I can promise you that my particular "brand" of crazy is not "bat-shit". Yet, that's exactly what I seem to attract...thinking about trying something different with my approach to dating, not sure what, but something different.

Sadly, my most recent ex-gf was NOT crazy.

Her father found out he had cancer.

Which means she went to Texas to take care of him, the same way I left for Kansas to take care of my mom.

I want to be sad or angry, but really, I'm grateful. Maybe there's a part of me still holding on to some sort of hope...IDK...I try to put it out of my mind.

She won't take my calls, deleted me from FB, the whole deal. My friends say "that's awfully convenient", and suggest that she met someone else and moved in with him, but she never made a habit of lying to me, so I take the situation at face value.

No point in thinking about what if's and could-be's. No point in crying about it. Nothing's going to change what has already happened. The only thing I can do is be thankful for the memories. I've been tripping myself out, though, cuz every-once-in-awhile I think I hear her kids running down my hall, but it's just this old house making noises I haven't heard in awhile. Thought about moving out, getting an apartment because this place is awfully empty with only me here.

Holy crap, this will be a WOT. Sorry.
 spot4username
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/14/2015 5:59:26 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/14/2015 6:24:34 PM
@Spot....that's all we get here anymore...recycled Trolls.
Today at least 3 new ones....saying the same thing!
Probably one guy with multiple profiles....sound familiar?
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:04:39 PM
"that's all we get here anymore...recycled Trolls.....sound familiar?"

I'll tell ya what sounds familiar ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_EsxukdNXM

brought to you by your friendly forum Warlock. ;-)>
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:05:56 PM
I thought we already established that you're a hypocrite. Get the terminology correct, or we're just going to have to go with troll.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:10:13 PM
How was that half-wit? I recalled reciting you and yours and labeling you a Hypocrite some postings ago. I would ask you for your logic but the best you have been able to come up with is magical "light" for your analysis. Go back to school and FINISH an education and then let's talk.

Warlock.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:22:36 PM
No. It was in the same post where you posited your warlock/hypocrite divide. The same one where you went off on name callers, while calling everyone else nasty names.

So wear it buddy.

Oh, and nobody is ever going to go to a video link you post. The fact that you even bothered shows that you're also delusional.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:22:54 PM
Yes here you go half-man. It was me labeling you a hypocrite. If you can't keep up with the conversation ...

"Labelling Theory? Give someone you disagree with a label with a negative connotation and that person has the burden of proving the label incorrect. White Supremacist for example. Never came across a person who self-labeled themselves as such. A lot of people who have been labelled actually come off as supporters of their own people and defenders of diversity. People who hide behind the false-labelling want white genocide, and a surprising number of them are white! They specifically call for it and I gave you some examples of it. Additionally, the self-hating "labellers" tend to live the most far away from black and brown people. I know that! Just the other weekend I was at a neighbors birthday party. Scores of folks and only two whites - I was one of them. I see this all the time - the pickup truck with the Confederate Battle flag sticker is the owned by guy with black friends and neighbors having the cookout, not the smug self-degrading white cuckold living in the hinterlands of Canada or some white enclave here in the USA.

So perhaps I should not use terms like cuckolds, Fem-bots, mooing cows, parked cars, ...

The term Hypocrite is a better term for these types. Battles lines drawn then: Hypocrites and Warlocks - which side are you on?"
 areyoukiddingmoi
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/14/2015 7:36:01 PM
Don't forget the most ubiquitous label for unpopular opinions here....TROLL.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:03:33 PM
^ They're having babies! Cute!
 flman2015
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:07:50 PM

I went on a date last night. He didn't try to f^ck me and I didn't try to take his wallet...lol.

Perverts, the two of you!! You're giving this place a bad name. ;-)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:35:09 PM
freakykick- Your longest relationship was 2 years, you are 30. (yes, I read your profile, I'm learning to do that, at this point, when it comes to the forums)
How long a break could you have possibly taken???
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2015 8:36:42 PM
daynadaze

Exactly. These guys comfort themselves with the fact that the reason they are not succeeding with women is because they are looking for the gold only. A sane woman knows that men with largesse, or piles of gold, do not have to trawl these murky waters looking for women. It is all a joke.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/14/2015 9:09:54 PM
Ok, I will confess right here and now. I am searching for gold. The proverbial "Heart of Gold" (and I am getting old). So maybe I have found it this time around or it just maybe a "Heart of Pyrite", but it's something shinny and it has my complete attention. I will still keep the POF account though... because I can.

Le Pew who endorses searching for gold.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/14/2015 9:39:03 PM
The Good Ol Days? You mean back when a trifecta was possible? Back when there were enough folks participating in the Forums that you could actually find someone whose pics you liked, a profile you could relate to and enjoyed reading AND whose Forum input made them a good candidate for a real "spend time together doing stuff" Relationship, to be willing to fly an hour or 2 or 3 or 4 to meet them?

With the new Jerry Springer Forum format, I seriously doubt that even putting FORUMS back on the Fish banner would bring in any fresh faces. And/or, they would likely not stay for long.

Change is inevitable and not always for the better.

Otherwise, I see little difference now from when I joined.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....