Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 76
Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
"I wonder if attractive men are familiar with hypergamy?"
Well, .. educated men and women are certainly are ... So tell us about "poon", some more, that STD disease you brag about so much. Let us get so much familiar "poon". Does your grandmother, er, ... your great-grandmother have "poon"? Me, not so much?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 77
Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:02:23 PM
VMinRVA95- You DO realize, you are becoming predictable, right?
You are shameless, in your attacks.
Anyone DARES to disagree with you, and BOOM, there you go, with the same old thing, time and time again.
You challenge others to be intelligent, post something worthwhile.
How about YOU try that.
Attacking someone's family is DIRTY.
It doesn't take intelligence to become the lowest common denominator.
It just takes holding a mirror up to other people, while refusing to look in it and see yourself.
Do NOT hand someone else a broom, while refusing to sweep in front of your OWN front door.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:40:37 PM
Well, you have a point ... but when love and sex becomes "poon" and the rest of you let that slide? Damn, I never would let such a phrase go un-challenged?

Predictable? "Moral compass" might be a better concept?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/15/2015 10:45:27 PM

when love and sex becomes "poon" and the rest of you let that slide?

People express themselves the way they want to... not the way the rest of us necessarily would... there isn't much we can do about it other than start another argument, and most probably feel there are enough dumb arguments here and not enough good interesting threads. Now Volkano got deleted, and I feel like I'm witnessing some kind of purge... people quietly vanishing and we don't know who will be next. :-( Someone's crass choice of words seems like a lesser problem.
 tangofish
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:06:12 PM
I've used the word poon, only in jest... but not as a description. I've also made mention of having an aggressive case of AIDs.

Is this about a couple of my posts, or is it just coincidence?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:17:01 PM
^ Pssst! Just say, "Please may I have some attention."
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:23:53 PM
Volcano got purged? Geez, and not me? Seriously? And now that she is gone, I have to tell you I had a thing for Volcano. She was kinda cute and sassy and well, .. kinda ... rocked my world ...

But why am I still here? Oh, crass words .. (My mind reeling)

You would think I got Nuked a long time ago. I mean seriously? You folks have read my stuff? The cows mooing video was kinda cute but ... Demographics, ... Logic ... Reasoning ... stuff we "useful idiots" should not know about. I hope my car doesn't explode when I start it up tomorrow? Geez, this is this like some Stalinist purge or something?
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:11:23 AM

Mentalgiant... what was it she discovered?

I suspect Ohenry disclosed his life insurance policy. Too much too soon. She discovered she couldn't retire.

Seriously, I think there's another peni$ in the background. Such is the nature of OLD. Nobody can really ascertain how available somebody really is (i.e. when was there last romp?).

I'm very cynical in that regard, lol.
 ohenryx
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:50:50 AM
My thanks to all for the vote of support, it is appreciated. And goes to show that people here can be kind and supportive, although most often it doesn’t look that way.

VMinRVA95
Volcano got purged?

Say what? Really? (runs and looks) Yep, she’s gone. WTH is going on here? I’m really getting tired of this nonsense. We are running out of people to debate with. I liked VK, she was

She was kinda cute and sassy and well, .. kinda ... rocked my world ...

+1
I sometimes agreed with her, and sometimes strongly disagreed, but I enjoyed her presence here in the forums, and I really hope she comes back.

Geez, this is this like some Stalinist purge or something?

Exactly, And it needs to end. Now. Someone in authority needs to step in and restore order before this train goes completely off the track.

Olivoil
I don't think we should be pushing, for anything to do with the opposite sex.

Okay, then let me express myself differently. Pretty much saying the same thing, but from a different angle.

The difference is what is intended. There have been some very long winded, combative threads here on the forums about the “intent” chosen by people when they create their profile. There is an intent, whenever you start dating. And it is not always the same. It varies, depending on your mood of the moment, your initial reaction to the other party, hell, the phase of the moon might be involved.

One time, you might be just hoping to have a companion for the movies, and if you get lucky after the movie, great. Another time, you might be feeling really lustful and hoping very strongly that you can get lucky. And at another time, the lady just might spark a real interest. You like the way she expresses herself, you like the way she stands up for herself and disagrees with you, you like the way she rubs your shoulder when you’re slow dancing. For whatever reason, you LIKE her, and you want to see where this might go.

If I’m playing role number 1, then things never seem to go wrong, and quite often I do get lucky.

Role number 2, I get lucky less often. There is some rule somewhere, the more you want something, the less likely you are to get it.

Role number 3, that one never seems to work out. Probably the same rule kicking in, the more you want it, the less likely you are to get it.

Olivoil
I took it as "it won't stick, or be right, if it (he) wasn't right for you.
If you look at things this way, there is no need to take things personally, in dating, career, life in general...

I get what you’re saying, but I disagree, vehemently. If you never take anything “personally”, then what in the hell is the point of life?

MentalGiant58
I suspect Ohenry disclosed his life insurance policy. Too much too soon. She discovered she couldn't retire.

Seriously, I think there's another peni$ in the background. Such is the nature of OLD. Nobody can really ascertain how available somebody really is (i.e. when was there last romp?).

I'm very cynical in that regard, lol.

No, in my case it wasn’t about money. I feel very certain about that. I actually hadn’t considered the possibility of another man being in the picture. Very possible, now that I think about it. I’ll probably never know, and I’m all right with that. If you’re going to play this game (Life, Love, Dating, whatever you choose to call it), you have to be all right with the outcome, no matter what that might be.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:23:50 AM
Vminrva, Stalin did not blow up cars. He picked people up at home at night. You're confusing with mobsters in the Godfather.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:45:59 AM

I have never . . not once, seen O-Henry rag on any woman for the way she treated him. He may not always understand them, none of us do . . . but he accepted them for what they were.

Actually, I have not read a post from Sir Henry, that seemed to "rag on " any woman. Here or outside of here.
Regardless of intent, opinions etc etc. he has remained a gentleman, in my eyes. (LOL You're welcome)

Many of the hags and old ladies here could learn much from reading his posts in my opinion. If only they thought of guys the same way Henry sees women.

"Hags and old ladies"? LMAO
Now there is terminology, I believe Sir Henry and other gentleman folk here, steer clear of.! If only one could learn by Sir Henry's example!
There is no need to call ALL of us, of the female gender, by rude/snide/snarky/just plain ol' BS names!
OR make vile remarks. with regards to all females.

I know I am not alone, when I can honestly say, I don't recall bashing the male gender. There have been men in my life, I no longer choose to interact with, but by no means did I allow this to control my thoughts and actions, in a negative fashion.
I'm sure I'm also not alone, when I say, I am proud and happy to have numerous men in my life. My family, friends and my BF. I love and like these men!
As I also like and enjoy most men here! There are only a few bad apples!
(Hmmm maybe a few bad apples left to be sauce?)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/16/2015 10:23:18 AM

The good ol' days must have been before I joined... .

If 2011 is your accurate join date, then yes, they were.

2010/2011 was the beginning of the serious downhill slide on dating sites.

Back when 10 chat windows would yield a couch partner and a bottle of wine.

Those were the days, alright.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/16/2015 10:25:06 AM
Actually, I appreciate a few people on here for their ability to engage in discourse without resorting to personal attacks. Both Norwegian Guy and that lady from Australia can be quite gracious in not becoming reactive when under attack, I've noticed.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/16/2015 10:54:32 AM
Thank you.....
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/16/2015 2:20:59 PM

Say what? Really? (runs and looks) Yep, she’s gone. WTH is going on here? I’m really getting tired of this nonsense. We are running out of people to debate with. I liked VK, she was

That is so sad. VK and I didn't see eye to eye, but why delete her? I think that was unnecessary.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/16/2015 3:30:37 PM
..probably for the same reasons why attractive, thoughtful, well-spoken, vociferous women get deleted in the forums....
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:23:09 PM

Then one day I decided to start dating again. Became a member of Match and re-established my membership here. Because of all the techniques and crap that I had learned through here and just reading and posting my own stuff, I practiced what I preached. Contacted very few women. Got 5 dates. Number five was it.

She has kids. She is bat-sh it crazy like me. Even read her some of the crazy post I've had here. And we are going for the long haul, getting ready to build a house in about three weeks.

So there. My fvcking rant.

Mike, sorry about your split.

that's GREAT! Congrats!!!

ps..

ok kept reading. why the heck did volcanoking get purged? nothing she said was remotely questionable. Feisty yes, but nothing delete worthy. Still having mysterious disappearances?

apparently this place is now the bermuda triangle...

cookymaker
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:47:47 PM
I only recently started writing or reading these forums..
I don't understand why volcanoking is gone either. She said nothing that warranted deleting that I recall. Not in comparison to others that are still here. AND I am not saying they should be deleted either. If that were to happen
many of these pages would be BLANK :)

We are all adults. Treat it like cable TV. Turn the channel. If there is a particular OP that grates on your nerves, ignore them.
Maybe she wasn't deleted? Perhaps just said the heck with it and walked away.
I actually don't know how it works....

I also don't know about the earlier days here but it seems just like other sites that have message boards /forums. There will always be arguing, controversy and hardheaded opinions.
Think how boring it would be if there wasn't
 Seki1949
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:59:35 PM
Now 'volcano king' * 'poof'!?!

It's a regular Twilight Zone here.
 Seki1949
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:04:06 PM
"He picked people up at home at night."

Black Marias. Black Marias come in the middle of the night for forum posters. If you survive to dawn, you live to post another day.
 mike11092
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/16/2015 10:10:55 PM

..probably for the same reasons why attractive, thoughtful, well-spoken, vociferous women get deleted in the forums....

...I've also noticed this. Usually age plays into it as well, but is not always a factor.

Sadly, the people that get kicked are either great contributors or would do well to have the advice.

Liked VK because she always brought a perspective to the table that I didn't consider.

I'm surprised I'm even still around...maybe it's more of a "who follows the rules" thing...I know I should have at least been banned a few times...
Apparently, I have not yet pissed off the right person.

Challenge accepted.
 tangofish
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 10:22:35 PM
I've had a history of being banned from forums, dating all the way back to the MySpace days. Today, I get banned in reality as well. LOL
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/17/2015 10:49:52 AM

And that is why some women end up leaving on their own (except in this case).

Leaving on their own?

Nobody leaves.

You can check in any time you want, but you can never leave.

Welcome to Hotel Fishyfornia.
 hearton64
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/17/2015 11:01:26 AM

probably for the same reasons why attractive, thoughtful, well-spoken,
vociferous women get deleted in the forums....

Well I'm not 'all that' but I was recently banned from here
and got right back in with my same moniker and email address.

I'm used to it though. I figure if I'm not being banned
from one forum or another I'm not using my voice enough!

I hope VK comes right on back in!
I like her ballsy attitude!

3 days to wait to post wasn't a big deal!
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2015 12:00:49 PM

Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF?

I feel really fortunate to have gone on some great dates with some lovely ladies I met on this site. 6+ years and going strong with the last one too..........

That said I don't think I would have anywhere near the same experience if I had to go back and seriously find someone on here now. Interestingly I get more mail now then I ever did when I had a "serious and looking" profile up. Its sure is odd..........

Been on here since 2005/2006. Off the market since 2010.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Any guys here miss the good ol' days of POF when....