Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Expected media response to Paris attacks: "Islamophobia" Propaganda a      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _babblefish
Msg: 176
Expected media response to Paris attacks: Islamophobia Propaganda and SpinPage 8 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

They recognize a free ride.They won't even have to learn the language and everything will be provided.Canada is a good example of this stupidity.

Hundreds of Syrian refugees are now settled in B.C. For some, a new life means finding jobs and going to school.

For Sari Alesh, it means playing music again.

The 31-year-old played with the Syrian National Symphony Orchestra for six years and went on tours in Europe and the Middle East.

But when the war broke out, Alesh stopped playing the violin for several years.

He spent the early years of the war with his family in Damascus, and then fled to Turkey in 2014. From there, he applied for refugee status in Canada and arrived in Victoria in February 2016.

New life in Canada

Within two months of arriving, Alesh was playing in front of audiences again and was given a scholarship to the Victoria Conservatory of Music. He's also studying English at UVIC, so that he can eventually work towards a Master's degree in music.

"I'm so glad I'm here in Victoria. Canadian people support me so much," Alesh said to host Gregor Craigie on CBC's On The Island. In general, Canadian people have opened their hearts, their wallets, their homes to all the Syrian people."

Alesh used to teach in Syria, and he's hoping to teach music to children with Down syndrome in Victoria come September.

Since moving to Victoria, he has taken up an interest in fiddle music.

"I love to play it. And they tell me it's Canadian music."

Music, he says, helps him stay positive.

"Music helps to introduce me to the world ... I love it so much."
 honestlytruetoo
Msg: 177
Expected media response to Paris attacks: Islamophobia Propaganda and Spin
Posted: 7/15/2016 10:01:48 AM
Herr Jovian, I remember Marilyn and you are disingenuous about your interaction. As I recall, you stated how little respect you had for Christians. Marilyn suggested your walking down the street in NYC with an anti Christians sign and she would like to watch. She offered to bring the popcorn.

You are a person without honor with your scapegoating and you, contrary to what some pm'd me are far from a thinking man. Mankind has always believed in a god or gods. You think you are more enlightened than everybody else and more logical..and yet you describe a world you want in which you display incredible ignorance about mankind.

You hate Jews for finally defending themselves after centuries of tyranny and hate Christians for their belief in jesus. You think religion is behind all the mayhem. You are wrong. If israel never existed..if Islam never existed, this would still be going on.
 Jo van
Msg: 178
Posted: 7/15/2016 12:21:39 PM
Marilyn,

Herr Jovian, I remember Marilyn and you are disingenuous about your interaction. As I recall, you stated how little respect you had for Christians. Marilyn suggested your walking down the street in NYC with an anti Christians sign and she would like to watch. She offered to bring the popcorn.

Yes, I know. You feel such disrespect is deserving of the death penalty.
Just like the 'jihadis'.
And 3when you start referring to any of your multiple "personalities" in the third-person, you know you've got real problems.

You are a person without honor with your scapegoating and you, contrary to what some pm'd me are far from a thinking man. Mankind has always believed in a god or gods. You think you are more enlightened than everybody else and more logical..and yet you describe a world you want in which you display incredible ignorance about mankind.

See, I actually agree with much of what you say, particularly about Trump.
But when anyone disagrees with you, you have a tendency to become hysterical, and resort to death threats, and insults.

I don't "scapegoat" anyone.
It's a poor choice of words, considering it's biblical origins. It was (seriously) believed, that the goat would carry the "sins" off, into the desert, while another would be "sacrificed" to "god".
Mankind has always believed in "spirits", and "demons", and "goblins", and "dragons", and "mermaids", and "unicorns". and "scapegoats" too.
Until they didn't, anymore.
What's your point?

I make no claims to enlightenment, or intelligence.
I'm just interested in people, and our collective histories.
I think most people can see that we've got it very wrong, in the past.

You hate Jews for finally defending themselves after centuries of tyranny and hate and hate Christians for their belief in jesus.

1/. The "people-who-believe-themselves-to-be-jews" "defended" themselves, "against" entirely the wrong people.
2/. I don't hate anybody. I just don't believe that such divisions really exist.
I object to the kind of stupidity which carries forward such delusions, out of some misguided notions of "respect" for our ancestors.
I think it was Einstein who said something about doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Maybe it's time to try something else, now?

You think religion is behind all the mayhem. You are wrong. If israel never existed..if Islam never existed, this would still be going on.

I only think that religion is behind the mayhem that religion is behind.
Like the creation of "israel", or genital mutilation.

And you might be right, there have always been, and there always will be, violent psychopaths.

But erroneous, "old" beliefs in "difference" and "race" dehumanises "other" people, to such an extent, that otherwise nominally 'sane' people, also think that it's ok to kill the "others".
It's not.
It's madness.

We have new information now.
For me, evidence carries more 'weight' than mere "beliefs".
Sue me.

Nice to see you're gone again though.

What's next?
 chinook1111
Msg: 179
Posted: 7/15/2016 1:52:53 PM
Here is some evidence.A multitude of different groups developed their own cultures independantly.

Any theories Einstein?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2016 2:22:34 PM
I just read a wee bit about this story tonight. Now IF it is true then the french government should stand down immediately and an election be held.

The french government should explain their reasons for the suppression of the facts, again IF the allegations are true.

Again IF the story is found to be true then what were the motives behind this decision to suppress the story?

Was it to spare the relatives the gruesome details of how their loved ones died? That could well be the story the french government will use IF the allegations are true.

However IF the allegations ARE true then i think they suppressed the story for political reasons. Those reasons being to thwart the anti eu, the threat to the cozy elitist establishment political partys that the front national posed.

IF that is the case then it shows the lengths the corrupt liberal, globalisation loving, anti worker elites will go to to cling to power.........

"The far-right Front National has made a significant breakthrough in the wake of the Paris terrorist attacks, winning the opening round of regional elections and coming top in half of France’s regions."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/06/front-national-wins-opening-round-in-frances-regional-elections

These are the allegations which have now apparently been brought out into the open by a commission of inquiry...........

"The Nov. 13, 2015, terror attacks in Paris included a “gruesome torture” scene that French officials attempted to suppress.

A government committee’s testimony translated by Heat Street, a conservative site owned by News Corp., on Friday spotlights beheadings, gouged-out eyes, and sexual abuse at the Bataclan theater last year.

The Islamic State terror attacks killed 130 across the city and 89 at the concert venue alone.

A translation provided by the website show France’s Commission of Inquiry asking an investigator about the remains of victims on the second floor of the theater.

The questioner said that injuries attributed to shrapnel seem dubious given that one man had his testicles removed and placed in his mouth.

“Some of the bodies found at the Bataclan were extremely mutilated by the explosions and weapons, to the point that it was sometimes difficult to reconstruct the dismembered bodies,” an prosecutor said. “In other words, injuries described … may also have been caused by automatic weapons, by explosions or projections of nails and bolts that have resulted.”

“Would those have put a man’s [testicles] in in his own mouth?” the committee member fired back.
“I do not have that information,” the prosecutor replied.

Heat Street’s exclusive comes less than 24 hours after 31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, a Tunisian man, killed at least 84 people during Bastille Day ceremonies."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/15/french-terror-cover-up-bataclan-attack-included-gr/
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 181
Posted: 7/15/2016 7:01:04 PM
Why do they call the French attacker a terrorist, and not a petty convicted criminal with mental issues, a bitter angry person with a grudge? (no known ties to terror groups so far) Maybe he became depressed after his wife left him.

“Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel was a petty criminal who drank alcohol, beat his wife, and had a blatant disregard for the basics tenets of Islam, according to relatives and neighbors.

His wife and her mother both complained about his violent behavior towards her.“He spent a lot of his time at a bar down the street where he gambled.

Bouhlel was not religious. He did not go to the mosque. He did not pray. He did not observe Ramadan,” his wife’s cousin Walid Hamou told MailOnline. “He drank alcohol, ate pork and took drugs. This is all forbidden under Islam.

“He was not a Muslim. He was a s--t. He beat his wife, my cousin. He was a nasty piece of work.”

Neighbors described the 31-year-old, who was born in Tunisia and had dual French citizenship, as a skirt-chasing father of three bitter about his recent divorce.

In Tunisia, the killer's father told RTL, that his son had a history of mental illness. “He had some difficult times,” his dad said. “I took him to a psychiatrist, he took treatment and he said that he was suffering from a very serious illness.”

One neighbor called Bouhlel “depressed and unstable, even aggressive” — all qualities she chalked up to his relationship problems. Another said Bouhlel was "more into women than religion.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/nice-attacker-mohamed-lahouaiej-bouhlel-article-1.2712654
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 182
Posted: 7/15/2016 7:56:57 PM

Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel was a petty criminal who drank alcohol, beat his wife, and had a blatant disregard for the basics tenets of Islam,

which is how a lot of wayward Muslims are duped by extremists; in that they are told that the only way they can redeem themselves in the eyes of "allah" is dedicate their lives as a jihadist, and kill as many infidels as possible thus to please "allah" to earn a place in heaven.... so one can commit all sorts of crimes, disregard the Koran all your life, beat his wife (a Muslim) but all is made right once you die as a martyr for "allah's cause".
 DessertTray
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/16/2016 2:25:37 AM
^^^^^If that's not the most concise, accurate, "gets it" comments I've seen on here, it's certainly in the top three.
 deetristate
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/16/2016 5:55:15 AM
How does the ROUTE to muslim terrorism make him or her any less a muslim terrorist?

If a person became a "Christian terrorist" under these circumstances, no one would go to such extremes as you people do to make him more a crazy and less "Christian terrorist."

Talk about bigotry. huh,
 memeetoo
Msg: 185
Posted: 7/16/2016 6:48:02 AM
Herr Jovian, I will never be gone. You think the barely employed children moderating this board can actually quash my opinions any my sometimes bashing of posters who are well deserving of being bashed?

I am going to be traveling for a few weeks, so probably will not be posting much . . but what is there to say to you? You are still disingenuous and myopic, living in a fantasy world where things will never be the way you want them to be. Israel will continue defending itself from its enemies as much as that pains you. People will continue identifying themselves with others of like kind and backgrounds and educational levels and intelligence levels, and the world will continue to turn.

And unfortunately the killings will go on and on and on by people not so much deluded by religion, imho, but people who are so disaffected and angry, that they live to kill other people. . . . like the psycho in France. He was not a religious terrorist.... he was just a terrorist . . . . angry and wanting to cause as much harm as possible. That is what most of them are. They are not religious. . . don't believe in God . . .. place no value on life, least ways their own.

But keep on blaming Israel if it makes you feel any better. Nothing you or anyone else can do about Israel. Its here to stay.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2016 7:49:16 AM
Oh please.

I DO so wish sometimes, that everyone would be REQUIRED to study the history of human kind in depth, as a part of being allowed to vote as a citizen.

This entire thread was launched, based on a wild over-simplification about the wild over-simplifications that other people make.

THAT'S IT.

If you think that you know in advance what the news of the day will be after an incident, it isn't because you are insightful, it is because you have closed your mind to reality, and have decided to classify prejudice under the heading "wisdom" in your mind.

The elements which play a part in this particular frame of reference include, but are not limited to:

* that many reporters, especially those who have to make regular daily deadlines, tend to use "canned" argments and observations. So they will repeat themselves, sometimes without verifying that the exact situation is fully addressed.

* many daily occurrences ARE part of a repetitious set of behaviors of individuals and groups, based on the same sort of modern industrial approach that most humans have been taught to take towards life. I.e., if THIS seemed to go well yesterday, do it again today.

* there IS a lot of Islamophobia being bandied about, and it IS a big problem, and it IS making things worse. Not to mention, that it is exactly how the Islamic terrorists WANT everyone to react.

* each of the primary players in each incident are usually busy attending to the incident itself, so when reporters pop in for interviews, they will give THEM "canned responses," just to get them to shut up and go away, so that that can get back to work.

* telling yourself and others that you are on top of things because your own "canned " response is emotionally satisfying to you, simply shows how self-programmed you are. Not how wise you are.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2016 11:42:50 AM
"Islamophobia: A word created by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons.”

Islamophobia
The accusation thrown at folk who question aspects of the religion of peas
by those who turn a blind eye to some of the barbaric practices carried out some followers of said religion of peas.

"The left has an Islam problem: If liberals won’t come to terms with
religious extremism, the xenophobic right will carry the day.
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to talk honestly about Islam.
For liberals in particular, it’s a kind of heresy to suggest that Islam, at this particular moment in history, has a problem. This is unfortunate, and it has to end."

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/17/the_left_has_an_islam_problem_
if_liberals_wont_come_to_terms_with_religious_extremism_the_
xenophobic_right_will_carry_the_day/

Oor jo
This article below should be right up your street.
The geezer writes of the same things you do regarding religion.
And he asks a very pertinent question, how is taking issue with forced marriages, honour killings, female genital mutilation, stoning to death of women,
torture and killing homosexuals, making women wear a blanket over their head, denying women an education and ultimately persuading suicide bombers
that killing non believers is a good thing?

Where exactly is the phobia in questioning these things?
Is it irrational to ask questions of the above?
Did questioning the above not used to be what progressive liberal types used to do?............

"Islamophobia”: an absurd term
PhobiasBy LSS member Jay Marshall

Islam: A monotheistic and Abrahamic religion articulated by the Qur’an
and considered by many of its adherents to be the verbatim word of Allah;
it is also comprised of prophetic traditions (or Hadith) of Muhammad
(c. 570–8 June 632 CE), considered by most Muslims to be the last prophet of God.

Phobia: An extremely irrational fear or dislike of something.

I lay out these definitions for my reader so that they may understand the
surrounding context of what I will now attempt to articulate.

The term Islamophobia is one which has really shaken up society.
Islamophobia is a term which has sought, perhaps, to describe people
who are hateful towards Muslims as people yet it has unfortunately
come to describe those who are merely critical of the Islamic faith,
or who openly refuse to adopt Islamic principles.

The questions I would ask my kind reader are as follows:
Is Islamophobia a useful term? Is it racist to criticise Islam?

An inaccurate word

Have you ever heard of Christianophobia, or Hindiphobia, or Atheistophobia?

Of course you haven’t. Based on the definitions I have given above, I would have thought it quite obvious that we therefore need to ask ourselves if the term Islamophobia is really necessary at all.

Not only as an atheist, but also as a critic of all religions, it is fair to say I am fairly critical of Islam, and that I have personally concluded that as a way of living Islam is rather awful. Does this make me “Islamophobic”?

Why? Because a phobia is a fear or dislike based on irrationality.
My dislike of Islam, as a set of ideas, comes from the rational decisions
and judgments I have made after understanding Islam itself, and this
dislike of mine is not groundless or illusory.

An unnecessary word

One of the most toxic absurdities this word has produced is that it has conflated criticism of a religion with racism, and this conflation has been made especially by far-left political groups.

One of the freedoms of a democratic society is the freedom of speech and expression, which most certainly includes the freedom to criticise religion.
That some people may find this criticism offensive or insulting is an irrelevance.

If this stupid word Islamophobia is accepted, it automatically closes the door to critical thinking towards Islam as a religion.

A dangerous word

For there are groups of people, both political and religious, who have said that Charlie Hebdo deserved the attacks or that free speech should stop at religion. The only solidarity such groups profess seems to be with the attackers.

It is partly thanks to the term Islamophobia that so many people have found themselves on the wrong side of such a crucial yet straightforward moral issue as the murder of cartoonists for drawing cartoons. Consequently, people are running scared from people who physically attack those who criticise religion.

If this example is to be followed, does it now mean that everyone’s religious belief is subject to the same immunity? I should hope that never happens. The freedoms of inquiry, philosophy and expression demand the ability to critique religion – all religions.

If there is something we need to change or to reconsider, it is this abhorrent term Islamophobia. It is not racist to challenge a set of ideas.

So let’s remove this word Islamophobia from our vocabularies.

But I’ll give the last word to a tweeter called Andrew Cummins (@VodkaNinja), who defined Islamophobia rather succinctly in the following terms:

"Islamophobia: A word created by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons.”

https://lawyerssecularsociety.wordpress.com/2015/03/03/islamophobia-an-absurd-t
 reintree
Msg: 188
Posted: 7/16/2016 12:58:28 PM
I don't like terrorists of any ilk; don't care what color, religion, race, gender. I just don't care. I want them to just stop, and if they can't be stopped, let's all get together and try and stop them. BUT, you can't rid the world of a group because of the actions of "some". Othersise, we would have rid the world of Christianity by now.

Islamaphobia. Who cares. I'm thinking g the word is used when fools tar ALL with the same brush. Or when you blam ALL for the actions of a few.

IMO, all religions are just idiots following the leader, being controlled by popes, priests, imam/emans.....whatever. Too many names, too many gods. Too much bullshyt all for CONTROL over their followers. Maybe we need to ban religion. This god crap is like idolizing and worshiping a Hobbit or a dog or a tree. Let's ban all religions and then go clean house. ,
 chinook1111
Msg: 189
Posted: 7/16/2016 1:07:43 PM
Saw an illegal roadside billboard advertising Quran studies for youth.I really felt like pulling over two lanes and pulling the letters off.Surely these strict studies come to no good in western societies.
 _babblefish
Msg: 190
Posted: 7/16/2016 1:15:08 PM

Saw an illegal roadside billboard advertising Quran studies for youth.I really felt like pulling over two lanes and pulling the letters off.Surely these strict studies come to no good in western societies.

did you just leave the stampede . . drunk
 reintree
Msg: 191
Posted: 7/16/2016 1:34:48 PM
And why or how was the sign illegal? I've seen signs for summer bible camps, should those be illegal too? And really, western societies have nothing to brag about nor do Christians.
 deetristate
Msg: 192
Posted: 7/16/2016 4:21:15 PM
Well, several people here have obvious religionphobia and discerningphobia.

Constantly in whataboutery(they have no fear of that) and apples to pandas comparisons.

To in 2016 compare the state of any religious practices with Islam is, once again, avoiding reality. For the sake of maintaining religionphobia.

Everyone came down on that minister, including federal agents, because he wanted to burn a book of Islam. Yet people can't even point out the incompatibility of Islam with western culture, let alone actually expell or jail mosque leaders known by federal and local law enforcement to preach for all queda, Isis and company.

Westerners must have a lot of self hatred.
 chinook1111
Msg: 193
Posted: 7/16/2016 5:58:18 PM
Blue,the sign cannot be too close to an intersection.Just what is the point of handing kids over to some extremist stuck in the 11th century?Who exactly will benefit from this?

Some idiot in Pakistan just strangled his activist sister in her sleep.
Family honor.
 daynadaze
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2016 6:54:13 PM

Westerners must have a lot of self hatred.

And there that is again, you surely have figured out that that type of pseudo blurb has absolutely no meaning outside of the group who say it.

Actual religion taken straight from the Bible, be it Old Testament or New Testament, has no place in the Western world either. That's why there are so many break offs and changing of the way it's practiced, because no one living in a Western society who fits into that society, could possibly practice things in the Bible as written.
 reintree
Msg: 195
Posted: 7/16/2016 11:29:55 PM
"....some extremist stuck in the 11th century?"

Are you talking about Trump's running mate? Talk about stuck in the 11th century. "Who exactly will benefit from this?" Exactly. Who?

And you got all cranky because a sign was too close to an intersection? Okay. Lol. Call in the troops. Lol.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2016 7:34:06 AM
deetristate:

To in 2016 compare the state of any religious practices with Islam is, once again, avoiding reality.

What? Islam IS a religion. This statement is nonsensical on it's face, because the definitions of the words used, make is self-contradictory.

Everyone came down on that minister, including federal agents, because he wanted to burn a book of Islam.Yet people can't even point out the incompatibility of Islam with western culture, let alone actually expell or jail mosque leaders known by federal and local law enforcement to preach for all queda, Isis and company.

Again, what? Show us where Christian ministers who have ALSO been found to preach hatred, intolerance, and so on, HAVE been prosecuted here.

"Yet people can't even point out the incompatibility of Islam with western culture" ???!!??? Which you are doing here in this thread, and which lots of other people are doing elsewhere as well? Proving as you write, that you are wrong?
 chinook1111
Msg: 197
Posted: 7/17/2016 8:42:55 AM
Pastor Terry Jones was charged with a felony,unsafe conveyance of fuel,he was hauling kerosene soaked copies of the Koran to a planned peaceful gathering,to mark the 13th anniversary of 911.

A felony for showing displeasure with Islamic militants.

Reintree,in case you goddamm forgot the idea bringing these people here was for them to assimilate into our culture .No they should not be allowed to change their minds.
 reintree
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/17/2016 9:02:13 AM
Chinook, are all refugees and immigrants that come supposed to give up their religion and become good little Christians? They have to automatically like and eat maple bacon and order a double double? Do you want to get rid of the Ulrainian Cultural centres or the Chinese Cultural centres too? We can only have bible studies? No mention of the creator or Buddha or any other God. Can't have atheists? Keep the damn Jews out too? WTF. Where do you draw the line?
 _babblefish
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/17/2016 9:09:28 AM

Reintree,in case you goddamm forgot the idea bringing these people here was for them to assimilate into our culture .No they should not be allowed to change their minds.

you are wrong prairie boi:

'we are the abandoned hesitation of all those who can’t wait

we are first-rate greasy-spoon diners and healthy-living cafes

a country that is all the ways you choose to live

a land that can give you variety

because we are choices'
 Jo van
Msg: 200
Posted: 7/17/2016 10:48:44 AM

Here is some evidence.A multitude of different groups developed their own cultures independantly.

You're really not 'thinking this through', are you Chinny?
There have always been different "cultures", it's such a 'wooly' word'.
There are 'bikers', and 'Goths', and 'Civil War Re-enactment Societies'.
There are 'country and western dancing fans', and "witches', and 'Mormons', and "I've been probed by aliens-ists''.
There are Stamp-Collectors and Sado-Masochists, and Golfers.
There are Heavy-Drinkers, and 'Bodybuilders' and 'Cross-Dressers', and nudists, and 'Beige-Supremacists'. (Probably?)

They all have their own 'cultures'.

Everything you now consider to be YOUR 'culture', first originated elsewhere.
'Culture' doesn't 'belong' to anybody.
Electronic communication, (Like this conversation) is now part of "our culture".
'Cultures' change, all the time.

If you don't like change.... well, I suppose that's the definition of a 'conservative'.
You might just as well object to the changing of the seasons.
You're just giving yourself cause to be angry.
And hysterical.

I like change.

Any theories Einstein?

You're too kind.
As my late Latin Teacher used to say; "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king".
It's all 'relative', see?

As for 'theories', dunno. The best I can come up with at the moment is;
"Maybe he was drunk?"

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Expected media response to Paris attacks: "Islamophobia" Propaganda and Spin