Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Charlie Sheen Is HIV Positive      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 26
Charlie Sheen Is HIV PositivePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Message #18:
Charlie Sheen? Who is that? How about Carlos Estevez?

There seems to be a deliberate omission in your part, to exclude from this list, Donald Trump grandfather, german-born Friedrich Drumpf. (aka Frederick Trump)

Why do people hide their true ID?

Is it possible he didn’t want to be known as “Drumpf” because of the prevailing prejudice against Germans?

Maybe next time you attend Trump rally you can ask him personally.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 27
Charlie Sheen Is HIV Positive
Posted: 11/18/2015 3:05:19 AM
http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/aids/Documents/RPT2010_01HIVAIDSLaws2009.pdf

I agree that he may face criminal charges, had he known he was HIV positive and didn;t disclose to anybody whilst having unprotected sexual relationships with them.

Personally, I think he was reckless; but I don't want similar opinions to interfere with the progress of treatment of HIV infection.

Even his ex-wife had concerns with her HIV status at a time upon the time she separated from him.

I think it was mentioned that his viral load was reduced or "suppressed" ...by the use of medication (which is good him). However, this doesn't mean the virus is non-transmittal or non-infectious with him. Anything could interfere with effectiveness of HIV treatment, and since he was also treated for addictions, medication from those could have interfered with the effectiveness of medication and awaken the virus, I think...

But I'm a layperson, not a virologist, nor a nurse.
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/18/2015 7:48:18 AM
Hey post Nr26. Nice diversion from such a negative topic. Whatever the case regarding Trump ; he is not hiding a thing. Drumpf or Trump are both very beautiful German surnames. Showing a pure Teutonic Heritage. Nothing to hide. However , as with most of your posts something seems off. I can't seem to find a link to your statements. Care to provide one ? Or not? No big deal , just questioning your legitimacy.
 cotter
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2015 8:15:08 AM
Message 21 ...
What a moron...I hope he hasn't infected others.
Yeah ... well it seems to me that's another good reason not to have anything to do with so-called "high profile" folks. They'll "do it" with anyone or anything ... eh?

Message 25 ...

I do not look up links ...
... if you don't look at other links supporting the "other side" ("other side" obviously depending on the issue at hand, how do learn anything?
Never fear ... I know where and what I have to do to learn what I need to know.

By the way ... what's it to you?

I take it you had nothing to add to the topic as I don't see anything in your post to that extent. It appears your only point to post in this thread was to stalk me and criticize me.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2015 9:42:47 AM

Not trying to sound too technical, but life is a terminal illness. From the moment we are born we begin to die.

Aging is a terminal illness, if ya want to get technical, yeah. But unlike aging, with HIV, we can stop it -- so it isn't a terminal illness. It's a treatable disease which does not lead to becoming a terminal illness (AIDS). My point is that there's a big difference between HIV & AIDS. IF left untreated, HIV will lead to AIDS (terminal illness) for almost everybody.

You are probably right. He also mention his desire to stop paying millions of dollars to keep the secret.

Which he can now use for lawyers. :)
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/18/2015 4:07:22 PM

Message #27:
I agree that he may face criminal charges, had he known he was HIV positive and didn;t disclose to anybody whilst having unprotected sexual relationships with them.

Personally, I think he was reckless; but I don't want similar opinions to interfere with the progress of treatment of HIV infection.

Even his ex-wife had concerns with her HIV status at a time upon the time she separated from him.

I think it was mentioned that his viral load was reduced or "suppressed" ...by the use of medication (which is good him). However, this doesn't mean the virus is non-transmittal or non-infectious with him. Anything could interfere with effectiveness of HIV treatment, and since he was also treated for addictions, medication from those could have interfered with the effectiveness of medication and awaken the virus, I think...

He may face criminal charges, he may not. It can end up being a he said she said. I am not condoning what he did or didn't do. The fact is many people don't disclose because of the stigma, discrimination and negative attitudes associated with an HIV diagnosis. People tend to forget that when it comes to sex, both partners are responsible for negotiating practicing safer sex.

I personally think his biggest and toughest obstacle will be battling his addiction.

Message #28:
Hey post Nr26. Nice diversion from such a negative topic. Whatever the case regarding Trump ; he is not hiding a thing. Drumpf or Trump are both very beautiful German surnames. Showing a pure Teutonic Heritage. Nothing to hide. However , as with most of your posts something seems off. I can't seem to find a link to your statements. Care to provide one ? Or not? No big deal , just questioning your legitimacy.

Diversion? I noticed that most of your posts, regardless of the topic, end up being hijacked. You always try to interject your white racial and ethnic supremacy agenda on every discussion.

Just because you can't find a link does not mean is not there. To understand what I said you don't need a link, is basic common sense.

And you are asking me to prove my legitimacy? You're too funny.

You hijacked this thread, as you always do in other discussions, and when I pointed out the same argument that you used, this time using The Donald's grandfather name, you request a link? Martin Sheen and Friedrich Drumpt probably changed their name basically for the same reason many immigrants did, to blend in their new home. You have an issue with Sheen because he is Mexican. In your world, Friedrich Drumpf name change is ok, because he is german.

You are so predictable. Obviously you have a hard time staying on topic.

I know you are just trying to bust my balls, but for your entertainment let me repeat what I said: Is it possible he didn’t want to be known as “Drumpf” because of the prevailing prejudice against Germans?

Since you claim to have a hard time finding a link, here is one, just to keep you entertained:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/nyregion/26names.html

The rationale was straightforward: adopting names that sounded more American might help immigrants speed assimilation, avoid detection, deter discrimination or just be better for the businesses they hoped to start in their new homeland.
 gtomustang
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/18/2015 4:19:39 PM
oh, I thought it was changed b/c it looked too close to "dumbfck"

I'm waiting for the nice guy to step in here, and ask, "why did beautiful women agree to risk bareback sex with someone who seemed so loony? Why pass up a good guy? They risked their health with someone who obviously had issues."
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/18/2015 4:58:05 PM
MSG31...........No link , again. Illlegit again. Pure BS.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/18/2015 6:58:07 PM

Message #32:
I'm waiting for the nice guy to step in here, and ask, "why did beautiful women agree to risk bareback sex with someone who seemed so loony? Why pass up a good guy? They risked their health with someone who obviously had issues.

I just read a news qrticle where "one former girlfriend told TV's Dr. Oz that she willingly had unprotected sex with Sheen, knowing he was HIV positive.

Amanda Bruce said the actor "broke down in tears" when he disclosed his diagnosis, and she decided that if she took prophylactic drugs to increase her resistance and Sheen kept his viral load at an "undetectable" level with his drug****ail, she felt safe."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/sheen-spent-1-6m-hookers-hiv-positive-report-article-1.2439218
 cooldog65
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2015 1:59:59 AM
Keep your head up Charlie...stay positive!

Too soon?
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2015 6:32:10 AM
@cotter:

I do not look up links ...
... if you don't look at other links supporting the "other side" ("other side" obviously depending on the issue at hand, how do learn anything?

Never fear ... I know where and what I have to do to learn what I need to know.

By the way ... what's it to you?

It's called curiosity. It's the thing that makes people who actually want to learn something ask questions, in attempt to find something out. In other words, it was an honest question looking for an honest answer.

I take it you had nothing to add to the topic as I don't see anything in your post to that extent.

No, as a matter of fact, I didn't. Mainly because - as you yourself pointed out - at that point, it was just a rumor, so I didn't think there was anything comment ON.

It appears your only point to post in this thread was to stalk me and criticize me.

"stalk"? really? Well, I just went through my posting history. The post you're referring to was made on Nov 14. Before that particular post, the previous post I'd made that was aimed at you was a joke about killing spiders in another thread. That was on Nov 9th. The post before THAT was May 3rd - where I agreed with a post you'd made. Before that, on May 2nd - two posts disagreeing with something you'd said. That's all that showed up in my list of previous posts.

So you might want to climb down from your soapbox and stop thinking that my life revolves around you - because if I'm stalking you, I'm not doing a very good job of it, am I?

It's really cool when you look at the facts and find out what the truth really is. You should try it sometime.
 cotter
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2015 8:05:53 AM
Message 36 ...
No matter what your posting history is ... you basically had to go out of your way to come into this thread to criticize me as evidenced by the fact that you had nothing on topic to post.

When you go into a thread for no other reason but to criticize and demean another poster with off topic remarks and contribute absolutely nothing to the thread ... not even a "Hey OP ... good topic" ... that really can't be considered anything but purposeful.

It's really cool when you look at the facts and find out what the truth really is. You should try it sometime.
I just might take you up on that. I can recall some pretty disturbing statements you made a while back. I could start with those ... eh?

On Topic ...
There are some pretty naïve people out there ... some I believe choose to be and some just have no idea about how "bloodborne" diseases are actually transmitted and that one has to prevent not only exposure to blood but also other body fluids.
 trinity818
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2015 2:25:41 PM

I can recall some pretty disturbing statements you made a while back. I could start with those ... eh?

Huh? NotGorshkov. He's a sweetheart. In fact, when I looked at his posting history, it appeared he agreed with you more than once. Sometimes I think you take this too seriously. Nobody is stalking you. (Although I noticed a certain poster stalking the hell out of SunshineGirl.)

I hope you're mistaken. I'd hate to have to eat my words.

Yeah. I'm posting off topic too. You won't find a thread that isn't. We're human. We wander.

There. I broke at least 3 or 4 rules with this post. Please don't get mad at me.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2015 2:44:24 PM
@cotter:

No matter what your posting history is ...

In other words, "ignoring the facts ..."

When you go into a thread for no other reason but to criticize and demean another poster with off topic remarks and contribute absolutely nothing to the thread ... not even a "Hey OP ... good topic" ... that really can't be considered anything but purposeful.

You're right. I was sitting here, bored out of my skull, and I thought "I know - I'll go to POF. read the Charlie Sheen thread that I don't yet know exists, and stomp all over the post cotter made that I don't even know exists yet"

I saw the thread, and decided to read it to see what it was about. I didn't feel the need to comment on the content of the thread because as I've already said, at that point, it was just rumour - a point you had ALREADY made, so I didn't see the need. I did, however, see your comment about links, thought it a curious statement to make, and asked you how/where you got evidence that might show if you were wrong or not. Asking a question is not criticism - at least, not in my world.

I just might take you up on that. I can recall some pretty disturbing statements you made a while back. I could start with those ... eh?

I'd be quite happy if you did. I am neither vain or arrogant enough to assume that I am right all the time. If I AM wrong about something, I'd love to learn how and why. I'm not a politician; I don't mind changing my mind on an issue if the facts warrant.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/19/2015 2:48:55 PM
lasthookbringsme- HIV is diagnosed by detecting antibodies against the virus.
HOWEVER, it is there and transmittable before it can be detected.
There are a number of ways to treat HIV, to reduce the antibodies, but once someone is HIV positive, they will NEVER be HIV negative.
The only thing that can happen is that the antibodies will become reduced.
HIV is NOT curable.
Think of it like DNA.
In a criminal case, a drop of blood may be SO minute that the DNA can not be detected, but the person HAS DNA, of course, it's just that the sample was too small for testing.
ANY ONE who is told they are HIV positive are also told that they CAN transmit the virus, no matter how low their levels are for the anti bodies.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/19/2015 2:57:51 PM

n a criminal case, a drop of blood may be SO minute that the DNA can not be detected, but the person HAS DNA, of course, it's just that the sample was too small for testing.

So how soon before we will hear the law suits, and someone pressing charges?

Anyone, anyone, anyone?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/19/2015 3:56:54 PM
I thought I saw somewhere where four different women have filed lawsuits already. But I just skimmed the headline and I may have read it wrong.

Not disclosing HIV is pretty big. Here in Canada he'd be looking at jail time. Don't know what the law is down there.
 Maleman999
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/19/2015 4:03:47 PM
He was paying hush money to some women to keep it a secret. Can they do anything legally, now that it's not a secret?
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/19/2015 5:19:10 PM

(Although I noticed a certain poster stalking the hell out of SunshineGirl.)

S/He rabidly posting from being ignored. :)

OT: Charlie who?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/19/2015 5:22:53 PM
maleman999- I looked up California law-
Infecting someone with HIV can only be prosecuted if they can prove intent-he would have had to knowingly TRIED to give them HIV, good luck proving THAT.
All he has to do is get them to say they knew ahead of time and some of them already are.
Besides, all bs aside, with his money, I doubt he'll be prosecuted and this is all likely to go away about the time the next big scandal hits.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/19/2015 7:54:42 PM

Message #37:
When you go into a thread for no other reason but to criticize and demean another poster with off topic remarks and contribute absolutely nothing to the thread .

Not to beat a dead horse, but that's exactly what you did in your first 2 comments on this thread. The next morning after I posted this, Sheen himself disclosed that he is in fact HIV positive.

Message #40:
HIV is diagnosed by detecting antibodies against the virus.

That is correct.

Message 41:
So how soon before we will hear the law suits, and someone pressing charges?

Anyone, anyone, anyone?

I may be wrong, but unless someone test positive, I doubt he will face any criminal prosecution. And if anyone wins a civil suit, he'll probably end up paying less than the people he claimed were extorting him.
 cotter
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2015 9:08:13 PM
Message 46 ...

When you go into a thread for no other reason but to criticize and demean another poster with off topic remarks and contribute absolutely nothing to the thread .

Not to beat a dead horse, but that's exactly what you did in your first 2 comments on this thread. The next morning after I posted this, Sheen himself disclosed that he is in fact HIV positive.
The comment I made in Message 2 ... was On Topic.

I merely asked you why you made a statement to name the thread and then immediately posted a counter statement in the first sentence of the original post ...
Seriously? You title the thread as if you know for sure and then the first sentence says it's a rumor!

Then you came in and admonished me for not looking at your link. It might interest you to know that most of the links you ever post in threads take a poster to bogus sites and/or generally show up on my computer as containing a virus ... so obviously I do not open them.

My second post was again On Topic ... merely explaining to you that ...
I do not look up links that people post.
I suppose it would have been more clear if I had added ... "especially not the links you post because most of them take you to a bogus site."

I still don't understand why you would post such a title and then counter it in the very first sentence of your post. It makes no sense at all. But that's something you do on a regular basis ... so I suppose I should have expected it!

I didn't know what point you were trying to make so I asked what was going on!

(PS ... This post is still On Topic.)
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/19/2015 10:08:33 PM

Message #47:
most of the links you ever post in threads take a poster to bogus sites and/or generally show up on my computer as containing a virus ... so obviously I do not open them.

The NY Daily News or The New York Times? lol I didn't know they were bogus sites, besides the initial link on this thread comes from People Magazine. Says the person who claims "I do not look up links that people post.

I didn't know what point you were trying to make so I asked what was going on!

It was all explained on the first line: There is rumor about Charlie Sheen being HIV positive, and disclosing his status tomorrow morning on the Today Show.

Again, if you had looked at the link from People's Magazine (not some bogus site) you would've known what was going on. Sometimes it pays to look up links that people post.

EDIT:
FYI: I just went and checked my history, and these are all the sites I used to reference a link: the NewYork Daily News, YouTube, The New York Times, People's Magazine, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, The US News, the New York Daily News.

Nine different articles, (2) from The NY TImes, (2) from the NY Daily News, and the others. As far as I am aware, none of the sites listed is bogus nor contain a virus. So I have no idea what you are talking about.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2015 11:38:25 PM

lasthookbringsme- HIV is diagnosed by detecting antibodies against the virus.

True, but so are things that are eliminated. You need more than that. A poor argument -- you need more. Remember -- you can't ride on social stigma or demonizing! :) If one's worthy of it, you won't need any super powers!

There are a number of ways to treat HIV, to reduce the antibodies, but once someone is HIV positive, they will NEVER be HIV negative.

Actually, not true. They will test Negative on tests -- and there have been some who Dropped treatment who still remained negative. YES. Very very very few, but here's the kicker -- that's the same with any infection, so that doesn't mean much, so I'm being technical -- lol. :) But it's been recorded as true with a few. No evidence as to how, why, etc. But, you can't play absolutes in For or Against. And even so -- HIV isn't a death sentence, so what's your point? :)

HIV is NOT curable.

So, if HIV can/will be eliminated -- which we're only getting closer to -- especially with the once-every-so-months-shot that's proven to even be more effective that pills-every-day -- Are you going to be happy or sad? Don't avoid the question -- seriously, answer it straight up.

*NO, I'm not a Charlie Sheen fan - lol.
 cotter
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2015 6:31:12 AM
Message 49 ...
So, if HIV can/will be eliminated -- which we're only getting closer to -- especially with the once-every-so-months-shot that's proven to even be more effective that pills-every-day -- Are you going to be happy or sad? Don't avoid the question -- seriously, answer it straight up.

*NO, I'm not a Charlie Sheen fan - lol.
I don't wish anyone any hard luck.

I don't care how many "cures" they have for all the disgusting STD's they have out there ... I see no reason to be so stupid that one wakes up with an STD.

There are those who just have to keep their "dipstick" wet and those who are all too eager to accommodate such (d1cksticks) folks. I think they should all look for each other and keep all their disgusting cooties to themselves and leave those of us alone who just want good "clean" fun.

The common cold is nothing more than a virus ... still no cure for that virus ... eh?

Just a note ... I don't like getting colds anymore than I want an STD, so I do go out of my way to avoid those pesky viruses as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Charlie Sheen Is HIV Positive